f



Local of php.ini with protected sub-directories

My client has a remote hosting setup and whenever I try to upload a
local copy of php.ini, we can not access any of our pages in any sub-
directories.

We need the local copy as instructed by hosting support (wish me
luck), for allow_url_fopen functionality.

Our configuration is as follows:
Windows Server (We are using some .NET binaries, so can't easily
switch away)
PHP 5
We are currently password protecting by IIS directory permissions.
(If we turn the password protection off, it works... my client isn't
ready for that)
remote hosting (so, limited in configurations options, no console)

The allow_url_fopen is needed for some integration with google code

Any help or suggestions more then welcome.

Thanks, J
0
jahmic (10)
9/8/2009 10:49:44 AM
comp.lang.php 32646 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
576 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 41

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

JahMic wrote:
> My client has a remote hosting setup and whenever I try to upload a
> local copy of php.ini, we can not access any of our pages in any sub-
> directories.
> 
> We need the local copy as instructed by hosting support (wish me
> luck), for allow_url_fopen functionality.
> 
> Our configuration is as follows:
> Windows Server (We are using some .NET binaries, so can't easily
> switch away)
> PHP 5
> We are currently password protecting by IIS directory permissions.
> (If we turn the password protection off, it works... my client isn't
> ready for that)
> remote hosting (so, limited in configurations options, no console)
> 
> The allow_url_fopen is needed for some integration with google code
> 
> Any help or suggestions more then welcome.
> 
> Thanks, J
Hello,

did you try to set this value with ini_set in the script itself ?

regards,
johannes ke´┐Żler
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.11 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkqmVFYACgkQE++2Zdc7EtedCgCgiXbE0mRR/FP/DlR8sNsEWQAF
LGkAniw9ZI2UCKdPUuH/tR7DjbTbSWmO
=gRX5
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
0
mail1382 (206)
9/8/2009 12:55:51 PM
On Sep 8, 9:55=A0pm, johannes ke=DFler <m...@bananas-playground.net>
wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
>
>
> JahMic wrote:
> > My client has a remote hosting setup and whenever I try to upload a
> > local copy of php.ini, we can not access any of our pages in any sub-
> > directories.
>
> > We need the local copy as instructed by hosting support (wish me
> > luck), for allow_url_fopen functionality.
>
> > Our configuration is as follows:
> > Windows Server (We are using some .NET binaries, so can't easily
> > switch away)
> > PHP 5
> > We are currently password protecting by IIS directory permissions.
> > (If we turn the password protection off, it works... my client isn't
> > ready for that)
> > remote hosting (so, limited in configurations options, no console)
>
> > The allow_url_fopen is needed for some integration with google code
>
> > Any help or suggestions more then welcome.
>
> > Thanks, J
>
> Hello,
>
> did you try to set this value with ini_set in the script itself ?
>
> regards,
> johannes ke=DFler
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v2.0.11 (GNU/Linux)
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkqmVFYACgkQE++2Zdc7EtedCgCgiXbE0mRR/FP/DlR8sNsEWQAF
> LGkAniw9ZI2UCKdPUuH/tR7DjbTbSWmO
> =3DgRX5
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Good thinking. I'll give that a go...
0
jahmic (10)
9/9/2009 10:52:01 AM
Reply: