porting www.prevayler.org to tcl using skip lists

what say u folks?
0
gavino_himself

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:28:50 PM UTC-7, gavino_himself wrote:
> what say u folks?

I mean skip oo programming.

Just make sure to log the update before executing it.

keep data in skiplists in ram

enjoy

program app to place blobs on disk, recording the path or if you have some kinda networked file server in userspace thingy, a key or id, although blobs should goto disk, saving ram for logic

blam!
0
johannes
10/23/2014 12:45:28 AM
On 2014-10-23, johannes falcone <visphatesjava@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:28:50 PM UTC-7, gavino_himself wrote:
>> what say u folks?
>
> I mean skip oo programming.
>
> Just make sure to log the update before executing it.
>
> keep data in skiplists in ram
>
> enjoy
>
> program app to place blobs on disk, recording the path or if you have
> some kinda networked file server in userspace thingy, a key or id,
> although blobs should goto disk, saving ram for logic
>
> blam!

Confused as usual. Considering reinventing wheels as usual.

But why "port" prevayler? It already exists, and if people wanted to
use it they could. If someone was keen enough they could have a go at
Tcl bindings (you?). Wouldn't be a port anyway, but a re-implementation,
so make it better. Off you go, code a few small experiments in Tcl. Tcl
is good for that, and for turning the experiments into real software.

Will you do it? No, I thought not. If anyone here wanted it they would
have done it themselves by now, so stop fishing.

And (to others) I do ignore him, mostly, and will continue to do so
(unless he answers this with something _sensible_).

Eric
--
ms fnd in a lbry
0

tcl port of prevayler yet? www.prevayler.org
I want to throw away postgresql and laugh harder at oracle and ms sql and ibm db2 lusers. where is prevayler port to tcl? with that and a nice wub tutorial I could do more web startups with just tcl and freebsd with less complxity ...

www.prevayler.org how hard to port to tcl?
curious? Op dinsdag 4 juni 2013 23:27:57 UTC+2 schreef johannes falcone het volgende: > curious? Why don't you try it yourself? I have no idea what prevayler is nor have I much time or intention to find out. Apparently you have an interest, so go ahead and try. Interfacing Tcl to a third-party library is not that hard and there are plenty of resources around. If you have trouble doing that, you can always ask for more specific help. We will be glad to help you with that, but we decline helping you with such a general question for which you take no commitment yourself. ...

when prevayler in tcl? www.prevayler.org
would tip balance of power toward tcl for sure ...

anyone try porting prevayler.org to tcl?
tcl with object prevalence to replace postgresql would be interesting! johannes falcone wrote: > tcl with object prevalence to replace postgresql would be interesting! Doesn't Xotcl have persistence ( for objects ?) ? uwe On 2012-12-26, johannes falcone <visphatesjava@gmail.com> wrote: > tcl with object prevalence to replace postgresql would be interesting! Prevayler is java, so port is probably the wrong word. You could rewrite it, or build an interface. As for replacing postgresql, or any other database, you are talking complete nonsense. This is the sort ...

anyone experiment with tcl version of www.prevayler.org ?
curious is anyone has ported prevayler to tcl ...

www.prevayler.org anyone do an in ram data base with transaction log in tcl?
thsi seesm outstanding, any do this in tcl? could be a rad alternative web db esp with 512G ram box you can get now On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, gavino wrote: > Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:47:04 -0800 (PST) > From: gavino <gavcomedy@gmail.com> > Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl > Subject: www.prevayler.org anyone do an in ram data base with transaction log > in tcl? > > thsi seesm outstanding, any do this in tcl? > > could be a rad alternative web db > > esp with 512G ram box you can get now > SQLite supports :memory databases, and the tcl/sqlite interface ...

http://www.prevayler.org/wiki/ can this be done without objects in tcl?
http://www.prevayler.org/wiki/ On May 17, 12:10=A0pm, gavino <gavcom...@gmail.com> wrote: > http://www.prevayler.org/wiki/ Not sure I grokked all the relevant constraints, but it seems the tricky part is serialization of values. Since in Tcl the EIAS principle makes serialization the #1 requirement on values, that's easy. Now you seem to imply OO style in Tcl is required. Why ? -Alex ...

a database in tcl: hold dicts or arays in ram, log updates to disk, dump whole image once an hour www.prevayler.org
has anyone implemented a www.prevayler.org prevalence layer in tcl? it seems for smallish databases to be a nice alternative to postgresql maybe sqlite makes this irrelevant... speed seems awesome johannes falcone <visphatesjava@gmail.com> writes: > has anyone implemented a www.prevayler.org prevalence layer in tcl? > > it seems for smallish databases to be a nice alternative to postgresql As inspiration: http://wiki.tcl.tk/3010 http://wiki.tcl.tk/3610 http://wiki.tcl.tk/3011 http://wiki.tcl.tk/16238 http://wiki.tcl.tk/1598 http://wiki.tcl....

linked list using Tcl
hello every one, I am using Tcl for the first time and would like to know how to implement linked list of C in Tcl .. i read soem where abt linked list in Tcl and made the following code ,,i also enclose the C code .. some one please let me knw if my approch is correct .. i will develop my other code depending on this .. # c code declared in header file typedef struct t_t { long int time; struct t_t *next; } t_list; typedef struct t1_t { int value; struct t_t *prev; struct t_t *list; struct t_t *root_link; } stream; typedef struct chain { char *name; stream *Link; struct chain *n...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it
For tcl, I've run ./configure --enable-shared to have a tcl like a shared library and for tk, I've run ./configure --enable-shared --with-tcl to have a tk like a shared library. The installation of tcl and of tk work fine. For postgreSQL, I've run ./configure --with-tclconfig --with-tkconfig --with-openssl --without-readline. The installation of postgreSQL work fine. When I am at the location postgresql-7.4.2/src/pl/tcl, to launch make. I got an error message : Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it I demand you to reply, please. Than...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

Web resources about - porting www.prevayler.org to tcl using skip lists - comp.lang.tcl

Questions on Whatever Happened to X? - Quora
There are some updates to this page that haven't been applied yet because you've entered some data into a form. You can resume live updates if ...

UML 2 Package Diagrams: An Agile Introduction
Packages are UML constructs that enable you to organize model elements into groups, making your UML diagrams simpler and easier to understand. ...

InMemoryTestDatabase
a bliki entry for InMemoryTestDatabase

Issue Navigator - jira.codehaus.org
Internet Explorer 7.0 is not a supported browser, and some features may not have full functionality. See Supported Platforms for more information. ...

Interview with Gavin King, founder of Hibernate
Gavin King is the founder of the Hibernate project, a object / relational mapping framework for Java. Currently, he works full time in the project, ...

Archives: Lambda the Ultimate Weblogs
Lambda the Ultimate Weblogs Last Update 06/24/2004 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Topic Originator Msgs Last Post Your Wish Is My Command - Programming ...

On Grids
This is an introduction to the state of the art in Grid Computing inmid-2006. I start with some definitions and motivation, look at grideconomics, ...

Java RAMBO Manifesto - wayner.org
“Java Programmers of the World Unite!” begins this self-proclaimed revolutionary book with only half a wink. “You’ve got nothing to lose but ...

Browse Projects - jira.codehaus.org
Internet Explorer 7.0 is not a supported browser, and some features may not have full functionality. See Supported Platforms for more information. ...

FAQ for Java RAMBO Manifesto - wayner.org
Q: RAMBO? A: Yes, a cheesy acronym for RAM-based Objects. It's a very macho concept. Q: Aren't all objects kept in RAM? A: Well, yes, but then ...