mail() goes to Junk Mail

Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to
@xyz.com junk mail folders.
Why is that so?
How can I fix it?

Thank you,

--Andre Phandana

0
aphandan (3)

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:53:18 -0500, "Andre Phandana" <aphandan@purdue.edu>
wrote:

>Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email goes to
>@xyz.com junk mail folders.
>Why is that so?

 Have you asked the mail administrator of xyz.com?

>How can I fix it?

 There's the flippant answer of "don't send junk", but it might be better if
you posted an example of how you're sending your email and an example of its
contents.

--
Andy Hassall / <andy@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool
"Andre Phandana" wrote:
 > Hi, I tried to send email from my server using mail() but the email
 > goes to
 > @xyz.com junk mail folders.
 > Why is that so?
 > How can I fix it?
 >
 > Thank you,
 >
 > --Andre Phandana

There are some ways mail receivers determine an email to be "junk".
 Avaoid using numbers in the email address.  Make sure the receiver
can do a "reverse DNS lookup", i.e. send the mail from proper
domain.  It is true that with today�s junk mail filters, very many
legit emails end up there as well.

--
http://www.dbForumz.com/  This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.dbForumz.com/PHP-mail-Junk-Mail-ftopict145544.html

mail junk-mail rule
For some reason, the junk mail rule is not working for one of my accounts--my primary account. If I reset the junk mail settings, it will work and properly mark a portion of the mail as junk mail, but after as I start to train it to recognize other junk mail, it stops identifying any of that mail as junk mail. Checking or unchecking the options for sender in my address book, previous recipients, or message is sent to my full name does not have any effect. This problem does not happen with my other accounts, though. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this problem? -- Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush. ...

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The senders name $to = trim($_GET['maily']); //The senders email address $place = trim($_GET['place']); //The senders email address $subject = "you have recieved mail"; $headers = "From:$name"; $message = "{$name} deemed you worthy of receiving the following information/exchange from Trumpet.\n\n Follow This Link {$place}"; mail($to, $subject, $message,$headers); //a very simple send echo 'contactarea|<p class="sent">Article Sent!</p>'; //now lets update the "contactarea" div on the contact.html page. The contactarea| tell's the javascript which div to update. ?> shybe wrote: > I have a send mail script on my site that. > > The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients > like Outlook, Mail, etc...) > > Is this a problem with the script, or is it something ...

Mail Alert when only junk mail received
Hi, Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk. Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when just junk mail is received. Is that true? I know it wasn't working that way before. Any body know the real answer and how to fix this? Thanks, Tracy X-No-Archive: yes On 06 Oct 2003 23:57:42 GMT,"Tracy E. Schreiber" posted ... >Eudora just started to alert me when all I receive is junk mail. Before, I >would not hear the notify sound when the only mail received was junk. > >Eudora support says that you are suppose to hear the notify alert even when >just junk mail is received. I don't hear an alert when junk mail is received because at Tools -> Options -> "Getting Attention" I don't have the box "Play a sound" ticked. I use Tools -> Filters to designate different sounds for my incoming emails and at the same time sort them into different mail boxes. When Eudora announces an email I know by the specific sound whether it is a personal email, a newsletter or something else. If an incoming email doesn't fit the criteria of my other filters, the last filter sends it to the "May be junk" mail box with an appropriate sound. -- Chris Bee "Bumblebee" <chris_bee@address.invalid> wrote in message news:qtt4ovc46fhjmr...

Persistant Junk Mail in Mail.app
I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. -- James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas In article <atnt47Fk1v3U1@mid.individual.net>, TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote: > I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is > supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated > by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the > learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually > work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders > of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. > I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Take a look at the message source, and you'll probably see loads of random phrases that are hidden in HTML. I think this stuff tends to thwart the Bayesian filters. -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, ...

New Mail Announcement for Junk Mail
How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. Steven Jacobsohn wrote: >How do I get Eudora to stop announcing new mail on the occasions when all >the new mail is junk and it is automatically put in the junk mail? I have >the box checked that says "Junk Mailbox is never marked unread" so I don't >think I should be getting the announce. Also, the mail indicator appears at >the bottom of the screen until I look at my new junk mail. > > > > I think you have to UNcheck the stuff in getting attention and use filters to make a sound when good mail arrives, and set the junk filter to make no sound. Rick -- Editing is a rewording activity. Thanks Rick. You sent me in the right direction. Actually, I left the stuff checked in "getting attention" and then wrote two filters. One filter directs incoming mail with high junk scores (for me that's a score over 45) to do nothing. The other filter directs incoming mail with low junk scores (under 46) to "Notify User" "As Normal". Checking the "As Normal" box directs Eudora to use the ite...

Why is SpamWatch is junking my mail from a mailing list?
Just in the last couple of days, Eudora 6.0 has been assigning spam scores of 99 to all the mail from a certain mailing list I subscribe to. I went into the UserJunkDB.txt file and removed all references to the mailing list title, then rescored a bunch of the mail from that list and it still posted it at a score of 99. I "unjunked" the messages, and when I recalculated the scores, they still came up at 99. Apparently some keyword gets them marked as spam. Any ideas how I can determine what words in a message get it marked as spam? Along the same lines, is there any way to create a log file of what filters cause a message to do what it does? Ideally, there would be a record of the message Sender, Subject and what rule(s) it fired. Thanks, Jay Shilstone James Shilstone <shilstone.jay@shilstone.com> wrote: > Just in the last couple of days, Eudora 6.0 has been assigning spam > scores of 99 to all the mail from a certain mailing list I subscribe > to. I went into the UserJunkDB.txt file and removed all references to > the mailing list title, then rescored a bunch of the mail from that > list and it still posted it at a score of 99. I "unjunked" the > messages, and when I recalculated the scores, they still came up at > 99. Apparently some keyword gets them marked as spam. Any ideas how I > can determine what words in a message get it marked as spam? Does you ISP do any spam filtering that puts x-header...

PHP mail() function failing to send mail
Hi everyone, Our setup: PHP 4.3.11, FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE, Sendmail 8.1, 1 host environment, 2 jails. Our problem: While we can send email from the command line just fine in one of the jails, we cannot use the php mail() command to send email using sendmail at all. The function, when executed, does absolutely nothing. No error, no reports to the maillog, nothing. I've read somewhere that it's "not possible" to send mail using the php mail() function within a freebsd jail, but i'm nearly certain we have it working this way on another server, but can't seem to figure out the issue. Anyone know any tests we can do to learn more? Thanks. Check out the log messages from your sendmail... If it's not logging anything, try increasing (temporarily) the log level (24 should be more than enough) Probability says that you're running into a permission issue with sendmail. Probably your PHP/Apache user is not allowed to relay email. I'm not sure this might apply since I am not familiar to BSD, but, had similar problems with a RH machine just a few days ago ...

Junk mail handling problems in Mail.app
Since upgrading to Panther I have encountered trouble getting junk mail handling to work properly. I don't know whether its a bug in "Mail" or a local problem. What happens is this. If the Preferences are set to "When Junk Mail arrives -- Move it to the Junk mailbox (Automatic)" the Junk mail Icon (in the Mailboxes drawer) increments up as Junk messages arrive. The number of messages is shown alongside the Icon. However, when the Icon is selected none of these messages are listed in the main window. Looking in ~/Library/Mail/Junk/ there is a file named 'Inco...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Mail.app thinks incoming fax is junk mail
This is not really a problem, but it did give me a chuckle today. :) I needed to receive a fax over my eMac (Remember fax? Those analog doucument senders? Remember analog? :P ) So I opened the Fax prefs and turned on Receiving Faxes. I also clicked the "Email to:" box and entered my email address. The fax was received without a problem, it was saved in the location I had specified and a copy was received in my Mail.app inbox. Mail.app flagged it as junk mail. :) -- K. Lang may your lum reek. In article <WMHdh.19864$YV4.17582@edtnps89>, me@home.spamsucks.ca (Ki...

Junk Mail database in Apple's Mail
Hi groups, two questions concerning the subject: 1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)? 2. Does it get updated whenever Mail is in the "Automatic" not the "Training" mode? Thanks for clues. In article <bo6kja$19g3sl$4@ID-200323.news.uni-berlin.de>, Patryk �ogiewa <silverdr@inet.pl> wrote: :> Hi groups, :> :> two questions concerning the subject: :> :> 1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)? :> :> 2. Does it get updated whenever Mail is in the "Automatic" not the :>...

replacing mail/ by .mail/ : how to do that ?
Hi, I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instead of mail/ How to do that? Aldo. -- ==Osvaldo La Rosa==-==http://www.brlspeak.net/==-==GNU/Linux? 2B FREE== No individual should be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation (American Disability Act - 42. U.S.C. 12182[a]) * On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:06:14 +0200, Aldo wrote: > Hi, > I only want to edit the config so that I can use .mail/ instea...

Jaguar Mail.app: Where does it store junk mail training info?
Hi, I just upgraded from Jaguar to Panther (reformatted) and all my accounts and mail were restored fine. However, all my junk mail training seems to have been forgotten. What file is it stored in, so I can restore it from my backup? Thanks, -Will ...

Junk mail goes to the trash can but should not
Junk mail, when I delete it, goes to the trash can even though in the options the box is empty as to where to send it? I tried "none" as well as blank in the box but it just goes to the trash anyway. How can I have junk mail go away directly and not to the trash can? THANKS! none ha scritto: > > Junk mail, when I delete it, goes to the trash can even though in the > options the box is empty as to where to send it? I tried "none" as well as > blank in the box but it just goes to the trash anyway. How can I have junk > mail go away directly and not to the trash can? THANKS! It's normal for deleted Junk mail to go to the Trash mailbox. If you want to change that, you can use filters. John Interesting question. The answer is below. On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 06:16:37 GMT, "none" <none@mail.ru> wrote: >Junk mail, when I delete it, goes to the trash can even though in the >options the box is empty as to where to send it? I tried "none" as well as >blank in the box but it just goes to the trash anyway. How can I have junk >mail go away directly and not to the trash can? THANKS! > Have Eudora delete junk after a certain delay (that you set in the Options). -- Ajo Wissink none <none@mail.ru> wrote: > Junk mail, when I delete it, goes to the trash can even though in the > options the box is empty as to where to send it? I tried "none&qu...

MS-Windows mail servers and PHP's mail() function
I have a contact form that uses PHP's mail() function. It recently came to my attention that (some?) MS-Windows mail servers may not properly process data given to the mail() function that's only newline-terminated. The mail() function takes up to five parameters: mail(recipient, subject, message, [headers [,parameters]]) The ones of interest here are the first four. The questions are these: 1. Since recipient and subject are not multi-line, and, from the web form, don't even contain newlines, is it safe to assume they need neither newlines nor carriage-returns? 2. The message, from the web form, contains newlines. I assume all newlines need carriage-returns inserted in front of them? 3. The headers are created, in the web form processing, by appending newline-terminated strings to a variable (e.g.: headers .= "blah: yadda\n";). I presume that this string likewise needs carriage-returns inserted before the newlines? 4. I've seen mention of problems with "hanging carriage-returns." I presume that simply means there should be no line, blank or otherwise, that contains a carriage-return w/o an accompanying newline? Assuming all the above to be true, my four parameters would look like: recipient: "somebody@example.com" subject: "Some subject" message: "Some message\r\ntext\r\ngoes here\r\n" headers:...

junk mail not un junking
before when an email went into the junk mailbox all I had to do was right click it and say not junk. It then automatically went to the inbox. now I have to use transfer to put it into the inbox. any ideas. TIA Steven <cybernerd@verizon.net> wrote: > before when an email went into the junk mailbox all I had to do was right > click it and say not junk. It then automatically went to the inbox. now I > have to use transfer to put it into the inbox. any ideas. TIA The usual reason for that problem is that you have an incoming filter sending the message to Junk. When y...

Junk mail box doesn't open automatically, I miss mails because of this
When I get a junk message, Eudora puts it in the junk mail box, but doesn't open the mail box. With other filters, it does open the box automatically. This way I know a mail came in. I would also like Eudora to open my Junk mail box, so I know a mail got in there. Anybody have some advice? Eudora 7 paid mode chieleman On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:13:21 +0100, chieleman <vlaflip31-nieuwsgroepREMOVETHIS@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote: >When I get a junk message, Eudora puts it in the junk mail box, but >doesn't open the mail box. With other filters, it does open t...

Mail 2.1, two PBG4s, synchronizing mail and mail problems
Here's the sitch: PBG4 w/broken screen, running an external (duh) Samsung monitor. This is my shop PB, it's currently masquerading as an immobile desktop. PBG4 all fixy-fix. Mostly keep at home, but also on the road. LaCie 320GB external Firewire drive. backup at shop (used Migration Assistant to copy the shop PB's system (10.4.7), apps, and docs to the FireWire drive) Two mail accounts -- one on each PB -- both of which accounts dump into Mail 2.1, on both PBs. With me so far? *I'm* already lost... Problem one: Is there a way -- besides signing up with .Mac -- that I can synchronize the mail on both machines? Failing that, is there a way -- besides doing it message-by-message -- to save the text and attachments from new mail messages? Problem two: Though by all means I can understand, both PBs are set up exactly the same way and certainly the mail prefs are the same, when I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at home, it opens Firefox to the correct page, just like it ought to do, but if I click on an HTML link in a message on my PB at the shop, the mail window flashes once, but nothing opens. Both PBs are set up with Firefox as the default browser. What in the ding-dong am I doing wrong? Thanks! Bart Brown ...

"Apple's Mail apps" Unable to view Junk Mail
Hi, Using Apple's Mail Apps, I am unable to view 187 junk mail messages. I've double clicked on the Junk Folder icon, and waited 30 minutes with no response. How does one "fix" the problem. Thanks in advance, Duane in Hillman dkhowe@gmail.com <dkhowe@gmail.com> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail Apps, I am unable to view 187 junk mail messages. > I've double clicked on the Junk Folder icon, and waited 30 minutes with > no response. > > How does one "fix" the problem. Isn't the very concept of the Junk folder that you should NOT wa...

mail.app does not fetch mail
Hi: For the last four days mail.app has refused to fetch any mail from my pop account. As far as I know, I have made no changes to my system or the mail app. I know I have new mail because I can access my mail via pine on the shell account at the isp. Mail tries, it logs on, checks password successfully, then spends a little too long on "checking for messages" and finds none. I've not tried any other methods of checking my email as none of the mailers I have around seem to support ssl. Any help greatly appreciated! Eric In article <250120041742285724%UNericfiveSPAM@online.ie>, Eric Rainey <UNericfiveSPAM@online.ie> wrote: > Hi: > For the last four days mail.app has refused to fetch any mail from my > pop account. As far as I know, I have made no changes to my system or > the mail app. I know I have new mail because I can access my mail via > pine on the shell account at the isp. > Mail tries, it logs on, checks password successfully, then spends a > little too long on "checking for messages" and finds none. > I've not tried any other methods of checking my email as none of the > mailers I have around seem to support ssl. > Any help greatly appreciated! > Eric Same thing's been happening with my version of Mail.app, v. 1.2.5. Problems started a few days ago when checking my DotMac account. The mailbox soon went dim. Under the Mailbox Menu, I noticed the DotMac account was Offline. Restorin...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM "FabienM" <FabienM@badadress.fr> writes: > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages from the body of the message. It should jump to the bottom of the screen and none of the body content should be visible any more. When you're done, double-click on it again. Or drag it instead of double-clicking on it. -- Plain Bread alone for e-mail, thanks. The rest gets trashed. No HTML in E-Mail! -- http://www.expita.com/nomime.html Are you posting responses that are easy for others to follow? http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting > > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? > > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... > > double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages > from the body of the message. It should jump to the bottom > of the screen and none of the body content should be visible > any more. fabulous !!! it's crazy how a double-click can save your life... :) t...

Web resources about - mail() goes to Junk Mail - comp.lang.php

Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about postal services. For electronic mail, see Email . For other uses, see Mail (disambiguation) and Postal service (disambiguation) ...

Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about postal services. For electronic mail, see Email . For other uses, see Mail (disambiguation) and Postal service (disambiguation) ...

- - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -
Stout Mac & Cheese. Yes, Yes & Please! Mar 15, 2013 A Green Apple, Cheesy Guinness Melt? Yes Please!

Herald Mail Media: Tri-State breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic
Tri-State breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic

Anderson Independent Mail: Local Anderson, South Carolina News Delivered Throughout the Day.
Current news for Anderson, SC and its surrounding communities brought to you by Anderson Independent Mail. Features local Anderson, South Carolina ...

Home - The Globe and Mail
The Globe and Mail offers the most authoritative news in Canada, featuring national and international news

Birmingham news, features, information and sport from the Birmingham Mail
Updated around the clock with Birmingham news, information, what's on, comment and in-depth coverage of Aston Villa, Birmingham City, West Brom, ...

Home - Daily Mail Online
MailOnline - all the latest news, sport, showbiz, science and health stories from around the world from the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers ...

Zambia Daily Mail
GOSPEL GROOVES with FELIX NYAMBEACCLAIMED worship and praise gospel minister, Don Moen, is scheduled to be part of the Thanks Giving service ...

Thousands join Sunday Mail Bay-City fun-run - AdelaideNow Search Search
IT was a perfect autumn morning for runners and walkers taking part in the Sunday Mail Bay-City fun-run.