mail() with attachments

Of course I could generate a unique boundary, use the base64_encode()
function and do all the MIME-stuff myself, but I am trying to avoid
re-inventing the wheel.

Anyone know of a *good* PHP function for sending an e-mail with multiple
attachments?

Using PHP 4.3.something.

I've been looking at this:
http://pear.php.net/package/Mail_Mime
and this:
http://www.phpguru.org/static/mime.mail.html

Anyone used either? Any recommendations?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me  ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact

Toby Inkster wrote:
> Of course I could generate a unique boundary, use the base64_encode()
> function and do all the MIME-stuff myself, but I am trying to avoid
> re-inventing the wheel.
   <snip>

   http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/

--
  <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com    Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/

0
ng4rrjanbiah (1570)
10/2/2005 12:14:37 PM
Hello,

on 10/02/2005 07:21 AM Toby Inkster said the following:
> Of course I could generate a unique boundary, use the base64_encode()
> function and do all the MIME-stuff myself, but I am trying to avoid
> re-inventing the wheel.
>
> Anyone know of a *good* PHP function for sending an e-mail with multiple
> attachments?

You may want to try this popular MIME message class. It lets you compose
messages with an arbitrary number of attachements, it lets you add an
attachement either from a file or from a string of data, it can
automatically detect the attachment file MIME type from the file name
extension, etc..

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,