Mailing from PHP

I have a Google apps account, that I would like to use to email
(extracting information from a MySQL table). The Google apps account
allows me to use it as an SMTP mailer. Are there any recommendations
by those who have experience in this space (including using an
alternative to Google), for mailings (not spam, just managing an
event), from a MySQL table, and PHP?

Hello,

on 01/14/2010 04:51 PM JustWondering said the following:
> I have a Google apps account, that I would like to use to email
> (extracting information from a MySQL table). The Google apps account
> allows me to use it as an SMTP mailer. Are there any recommendations
> by those who have experience in this space (including using an
> alternative to Google), for mailings (not spam, just managing an
> event), from a MySQL table, and PHP?

You may want to try the MIME e-mail message class that has support for
SMTP delivery and SMTP authentication that Google requires.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

There is an article here precisely about sending e-mail from PHP
applications via Gmail (Google Apps), Hotmail and Yahoo SMTP servers.

http://www.phpclasses.org/blog/package/9/post/1-Sending-email-using-SMTP-servers-of-Gmail-Hotmail-or-Yahoo-with-PHP.html

You will also need  these classes:

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

http://www.phpclasses.org/sasl

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Find and post PHP jobs
http://www.phpclasses.org/jobs/

http://www.phpclasses.org/

mlemos (662)
1/14/2010 11:29:49 PM
JustWondering wrote:
> I have a Google apps account, that I would like to use to email
> (extracting information from a MySQL table). The Google apps account
> allows me to use it as an SMTP mailer. Are there any recommendations
> by those who have experience in this space (including using an
> alternative to Google), for mailings (not spam, just managing an
> event), from a MySQL table, and PHP?

phpmailer - it tops any other mailer around.

I just use the email server provided with the web hosting.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
> I have a Google apps account, that I would like to use to email
> (extracting information from a MySQL table). The Google apps account
> allows me to use it as an SMTP mailer. Are there any recommendations
> by those who have experience in this space (including using an
> alternative to Google), for mailings (not spam, just managing an
> event), from a MySQL table, and PHP?

For small amounts of messages, almost anything will do. But sending
large amounts of mail can be pretty tricky. A third-pary application can
be a good option:

http://phpmailer.worxware.com/index.php?pg=phpmailerml
http://ledscripts.com/free/php/phpledmailer

--
-- http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://borrame.com
On Jan 14, 10:51=A0am, JustWondering <eastside...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Google apps account, that I would like to use to email
> (extracting information from a MySQL table). The Google apps account
> allows me to use it as an SMTP mailer. Are there any recommendations
> by those who have experience in this space (including using an
> alternative to Google), for mailings (not spam, just managing an
> event), from a MySQL table, and PHP?

Thank you all for all the great suggestions.