Multiple Domains; 1 Server; 1 PHP Install; Only One Domain Has A Working PHP; WHY??????

I am going crazy.  This has been a problem now for over a year and I
have yet to figure out what is causing it.

I have a single server that is running multiple domains.  For this
example I will list four domains all of which have the phpinfo.php
file in their root directories.  However, only one of them has working
PHP.  What am I doing wrong?

http://www.lyricvault.com/phpinfo.php
http://www.paynephotos.com/phpinfo.php
http://www.brentdavidpayne.com/phpinfo.php
http://www.brentdavidenterprises.com/phpinfo.php

http://www.lyricvault.com
http://www.paynephotos.com
http://www.brentdavidpayne.com
http://www.brentdavidenterprises.com

If you check the root of each site, you will see that each of them are
functional (paynephotos is barely functional but it at least as the
single line of code).

Please someone help me.

Note: I am not a programmer but I am trying.  ;-)

Thanks,

Brent David Payne
Frustrated PHP User

BDE Consulting wrote:
> I am going crazy.  This has been a problem now for over a year and I
> have yet to figure out what is causing it.
>
> I have a single server that is running multiple domains.  For this
> example I will list four domains all of which have the phpinfo.php
> file in their root directories.  However, only one of them has working
> PHP.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> http://www.lyricvault.com/phpinfo.php
> http://www.paynephotos.com/phpinfo.php
> http://www.brentdavidpayne.com/phpinfo.php
> http://www.brentdavidenterprises.com/phpinfo.php
>
> http://www.lyricvault.com
> http://www.paynephotos.com
> http://www.brentdavidpayne.com
> http://www.brentdavidenterprises.com
>
> If you check the root of each site, you will see that each of them are
> functional (paynephotos is barely functional but it at least as the
> single line of code).
>
> Please someone help me.
>
> Note: I am not a programmer but I am trying.  ;-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brent David Payne
> Frustrated PHP User

According to a whois search, the working domain's nameservers differ
from the rest. Meaning it's most likely it's setup on a different
account, yet same server. Hence it possible that this account is setup
to allow PHP while the others are not.

Does this server/host use any type of web control panel?
0
chris742 (8)
10/31/2007 6:40:36 AM
check your server logs...might give you some insight

0
ptmcnally (269)
10/31/2007 6:57:41 AM
On Oct 30, 11:40 pm, Chris Gorospe <ch...@ekast.com> wrote:
> BDE Consulting wrote:
> > I am going crazy.  This has been a problem now for over a year and I
> > have yet to figure out what is causing it.
>
> > I have a single server that is running multiple domains.  For this
> > example I will list four domains all of which have the phpinfo.php
> > file in their root directories.  However, only one of them has working
> > PHP.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> >http://www.lyricvault.com/phpinfo.php
> >http://www.paynephotos.com/phpinfo.php
> >http://www.brentdavidpayne.com/phpinfo.php
> >http://www.brentdavidenterprises.com/phpinfo.php
>
> >http://www.lyricvault.com
> >http://www.paynephotos.com
> >http://www.brentdavidpayne.com
> >http://www.brentdavidenterprises.com
>
> > If you check the root of each site, you will see that each of them are
> > functional (paynephotos is barely functional but it at least as the
> > single line of code).
>
> > Please someone help me.
>
> > Note: I am not a programmer but I am trying.  ;-)
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Brent David Payne
> > Frustrated PHP User
>
> According to a whois search, the working domain's nameservers differ
> from the rest. Meaning it's most likely it's setup on a different
> account, yet same server. Hence it possible that this account is setup
> to allow PHP while the others are not.
>
> Does this server/host use any type of web control panel?- Hide quoted text -

I own the server.  It is at a co-location in Liberty Lake, WA (LLIX).
I don't know much about MS Server 2003 but I have managed to do most
of the server maintenance myself (called a friend to help me with the
initial settings).  Netsol is my DNS and I swear all of the domains
use the exact same IP addresses in NetSol's settings.  I then use IIS
to point each www.blahblahblah.com and blahblahblah.com to a
particular folder for that specific site.  Every site's folder is
above the root directory and above the directory where PHP is
installed.

I use PHPMyAdmin for MySQL interactions but there is no other web
control panel other than Windows Server 2003 itself.

Help!  ;-)

Brent David Payne

On Oct 30, 11:57 pm, macca <ptmcna...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> check your server logs...might give you some insight

What would I be looking for exactly?  I have little experience in
dbadmin and server admin.  I know how to get to my server logs and how
to decipher them but help me to determine what I am specifically
looking for please.

Brent David Payne

BDE Consulting wrote:
> On Oct 30, 11:57 pm, macca <ptmcna...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> check your server logs...might give you some insight
>
> What would I be looking for exactly?  I have little experience in
> dbadmin and server admin.  I know how to get to my server logs and how
> to decipher them but help me to determine what I am specifically
> looking for please.
>
> Brent David Payne

Maybe anything which looks unusual?  Error responses, etc.?

It's hard to say exactly what to look for - the possibilities are almost
endless.  But you should know it when you see it.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

0
jstucklex (14659)
10/31/2007 5:04:00 PM
On Oct 31, 10:04 am, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> BDE Consulting wrote:
> > On Oct 30, 11:57 pm, macca <ptmcna...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> check your server logs...might give you some insight
>
> > What would I be looking for exactly?  I have little experience in
> > dbadmin and server admin.  I know how to get to my server logs and how
> > to decipher them but help me to determine what I am specifically
> > looking for please.
>
> > Brent David Payne
>
> Maybe anything which looks unusual?  Error responses, etc.?
>
> It's hard to say exactly what to look for - the possibilities are almost
> endless.  But you should know it when you see it.
>
> --
> ==================
> Remove the "x" from my email address
> Jerry Stuckle
> JDS Computer Training Corp.
> jstuck...@attglobal.net
> ==================

One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
(assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.

Thats all I could think of at the moment.

0
4sak3n0ne (16)
10/31/2007 5:54:30 PM
4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n0ne@gmail.com> wrote in news:1193853270.595836.40440
@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

> One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
> (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
> application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.
>
> Thats all I could think of at the moment.

that's my hunch too.

i'd put money down on this being a "httpd.conf" issue.

0
heyho (434)
10/31/2007 5:56:55 PM
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:54:30 +0100, 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n0ne@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 31, 10:04 am, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote:
>> BDE Consulting wrote:
>>
>> > What would I be looking for exactly?  I have little experience in
>> > dbadmin and server admin.  I know how to get to my server logs and how
>> > to decipher them but help me to determine what I am specifically
>> > looking for please.
>>
>> > Brent David Payne
>>
>> Maybe anything which looks unusual?  Error responses, etc.?
>>
>> It's hard to say exactly what to look for - the possibilities are almost
>> endless.  But you should know it when you see it.
>
> One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
> (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
> application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.

Server sais:

http://www.paynephotos.com/
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

http://www.lyricvault.com/
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

If we trust these headers, it's IIS and PHP is not enabled on the other
sites.
--
Rik Wasmus
On Oct 31, 10:56 am, Good Man <he...@letsgo.com> wrote:
> 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1193853270.595836.40440
> @z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:
>
> > One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
> > (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
> > application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.
>
> > Thats all I could think of at the moment.
>
> that's my hunch too.
>
> i'd put money down on this being a "httpd.conf" issue.

Before posting I should have looked at the phpinfo a little more
carefully...  IIS is being used in lieu of Apache (Which is
understandable), so that couldn't be the issue per-se.

0
4sak3n0ne (16)
10/31/2007 6:02:11 PM
On Oct 31, 10:54 am, 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 31, 10:04 am, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > BDE Consulting wrote:
>
> > > What would I be looking for exactly?  I have little experience in
> > > dbadmin and server admin.  I know how to get to my server logs and how
> > > to decipher them but help me to determine what I am specifically
> > > looking for please.
>
> > > Brent David Payne
>
> > Maybe anything which looks unusual?  Error responses, etc.?
>
> > It's hard to say exactly what to look for - the possibilities are almost
> > endless.  But you should know it when you see it.
>
> > --
> > ==================
> > Remove the "x" from my email address
> > Jerry Stuckle
> > JDS Computer Training Corp.
> > jstuck...@attglobal.net
> > ==================
>
> One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
> (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
> application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.
>
> Thats all I could think of at the moment.- Hide quoted text -

I don't have Apache I have MS Windows Server 2003.  Yeah I know,
Windows with PHP and MySQL--why?? the only programmer I could afford
for LyricVault.com was a PHP/MySQL programmer and I'd already bought
the PowerEdge with Windows installed.  Is there an equivilent setting
I should look at in a Windows environment?

Brent David Payne

On Oct 31, 10:56 am, Good Man <he...@letsgo.com> wrote:
> 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1193853270.595836.40440
> @z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:
>
> > One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
> > (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
> > application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.
>
> > Thats all I could think of at the moment.
>
> that's my hunch too.
>
> i'd put money down on this being a "httpd.conf" issue.

Tell me more and does it apply in a windows environment as well?  I am
running MS Server 2003 Standard Edition

On Oct 31, 11:02 am, "Rik Wasmus" <luiheidsgoe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:54:30 +0100, 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Maybe anything which looks unusual?  Error responses, etc.?
>
> >> It's hard to say exactly what to look for - the possibilities are almost
> >> endless.  But you should know it when you see it.
>
> > One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
> > (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
> > application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.
>
> Server sais:
>
> http://www.paynephotos.com/
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
>
> http://www.lyricvault.com/
> Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
>
> If we trust these headers, it's IIS and PHP is not enabled on the other
> sites.
> --
> Rik Wasmus- Hide quoted text -

Rik, you are awesome!!  Never noticed that before.  Now, what do I
change in IIS to enable PHP on the other domains?  I feel like I am
about to have a solution after a year of beating my head against a
wall and asking in several forums (different username) about this
problem.

Brent David Payne

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:07:13 +0100, BDE Consulting
<brent.payne@bdeconsulting.com> wrote:

> On Oct 31, 10:56 am, Good Man <he...@letsgo.com> wrote:
>> 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1193853270.595836.40440
>> @z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
>> > (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
>> > application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.
>>
>> > Thats all I could think of at the moment.
>>
>> that's my hunch too.
>>
>> i'd put money down on this being a "httpd.conf" issue.
>
> Tell me more and does it apply in a windows environment as well?  I am
> running MS Server 2003 Standard Edition

Just follow the direction from the manual:
http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php

So, if you can use the Internet Information Services Manager, get the
properties of the different sites and follow the directions (when you're
not sure about a choice, you can even peek at your allready configured
domain what to do).
--
Rik Wasmus
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:19:38 +0100, Rik Wasmus
<luiheidsgoeroe@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:07:13 +0100, BDE Consulting
> <brent.payne@bdeconsulting.com> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 31, 10:56 am, Good Man <he...@letsgo.com> wrote:
>>> 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1193853270.595836.40440
>>> @z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

>>> hosts

>>> that's my hunch too.
>>>
>>> i'd put money down on this being a "httpd.conf" issue.
>>
>> Tell me more and does it apply in a windows environment as well?  I am
>> running MS Server 2003 Standard Edition
>
> Just follow the direction from the manual:
> http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php
>
> So, if you can use the Internet Information Services Manager, get the
> properties of the different sites and follow the directions (when you're
> not sure about a choice, you can even peek at your allready configured
> domain what to do).

BTW: the PHP enabled site uses ISAPI, so I'd use that route for the other
domains too.
--
Rik Wasmus
On Oct 31, 11:19 am, "Rik Wasmus" <luiheidsgoe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:07:13 +0100, BDE Consulting
>

> <brent.pa...@bdeconsulting.com> wrote:
> > On Oct 31, 10:56 am, Good Man <he...@letsgo.com> wrote:
> >> 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1193853270.595836.40440
> >> @z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

> >> that's my hunch too.
>
> >> i'd put money down on this being a "httpd.conf" issue.
>
> > Tell me more and does it apply in a windows environment as well?  I am
> > running MS Server 2003 Standard Edition
>
> Just follow the direction from the manual:http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php
>
> So, if you can use the Internet Information Services Manager, get the
> properties of the different sites and follow the directions (when you're
> not sure about a choice, you can even peek at your allready configured
> domain what to do).
> --
> Rik Wasmus- Hide quoted text -

I have already done this (about a year ago) . . . isn't the below all
I need to do or did I miss something.  In IIS6 isn't it just one
setting not something I have to do for each home directory/domain?

With IIS 6 (2003 Server), open up the IIS Manager, go to Web Service
Extensions, choose "Add a new Web service extension", enter in a name
such as PHP, choose the Add button and for the value browse to either
the ISAPI file (php4isapi.dll or php5isapi.dll) or CGI (php.exe or php-
cgi.exe) then check "Set extension status to Allowed" and click OK.

In order to use index.php as a default content page, do the following:
>From within the Documents tab, choose Add. Type in index.php and click
OK. Adjust the order by choosing Move Up or Move Down. This is similar
to setting DirectoryIndex with Apache.

On Oct 31, 11:21 am, "Rik Wasmus" <luiheidsgoe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:19:38 +0100, Rik Wasmus
>

> <luiheidsgoe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:07:13 +0100, BDE Consulting
> > <brent.pa...@bdeconsulting.com> wrote:

> >> Tell me more and does it apply in a windows environment as well?  I am
> >> running MS Server 2003 Standard Edition
>
> > Just follow the direction from the manual:
> >http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php
>
> > So, if you can use the Internet Information Services Manager, get the
> > properties of the different sites and follow the directions (when you're
> > not sure about a choice, you can even peek at your allready configured
> > domain what to do).
>
> BTW: the PHP enabled site uses ISAPI, so I'd use that route for the other
> domains too.
> --
> Rik Wasmus- Hide quoted text -

I did the following a year or so ago.  Is there something I have to do
for each site, home directory, etc.?

With IIS 6 (2003 Server), open up the IIS Manager, go to Web Service
Extensions, choose "Add a new Web service extension", enter in a name
such as PHP, choose the Add button and for the value browse to either
the ISAPI file (php4isapi.dll or php5isapi.dll) or CGI (php.exe or php-
cgi.exe) then check "Set extension status to Allowed" and click OK.

In order to use index.php as a default content page, do the following:
>From within the Documents tab, choose Add. Type in index.php and click
OK. Adjust the order by choosing Move Up or Move Down. This is similar
to setting DirectoryIndex with Apache.

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:28:39 +0100, BDE Consulting
<brent.payne@bdeconsulting.com> wrote:
>> > Tell me more and does it apply in a windows environment as well?  I am
>> > running MS Server 2003 Standard Edition
>>
>> Just follow the direction from the
>> manual:http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php
>>
>> So, if you can use the Internet Information Services Manager, get the
>> properties of the different sites and follow the directions (when you're
>> not sure about a choice, you can even peek at your allready configured
>> domain what to do).
>
> I have already done this (about a year ago) . . . isn't the below all
> I need to do or did I miss something.  In IIS6 isn't it just one
> setting not something I have to do for each home directory/domain?

AFAIK (my IIS experience is very limited): for every single home
directory/domain, you can add this in the configuration. Also a possibilty
was get the properties of 'Web Sites', and add the ISAPI module there if
it isn't allready (properties->ISAPI filters->add). These values for 'Web
Sites' can be overridden, so if that still doesn't work, check the
configuration the same wat of all your home directories.

> In order to use index.php as a default content page, do the following:
>> From within the Documents tab, choose Add. Type in index.php and click
> OK. Adjust the order by choosing Move Up or Move Down. This is similar
> to setting DirectoryIndex with Apache.

This too can be set 'globally' for 'Web Sites', or per
home-directory/domain.
--
Rik Wasmus
BDE Consulting wrote:
> On Oct 31, 10:54 am, 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe anything which looks unusual?  Error responses, etc.?
>>> It's hard to say exactly what to look for - the possibilities are almost
>>> endless.  But you should know it when you see it.
>>> --
>>> ==================
>>> Remove the "x" from my email address
>>> Jerry Stuckle
>>> JDS Computer Training Corp.
>>> jstuck...@attglobal.net
>>> ==================
>> One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
>> (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
>> application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.
>>
>> Thats all I could think of at the moment.- Hide quoted text -

> I don't have Apache I have MS Windows Server 2003.  Yeah I know,
> Windows with PHP and MySQL--why?? the only programmer I could afford
> for LyricVault.com was a PHP/MySQL programmer and I'd already bought
> the PowerEdge with Windows installed.  Is there an equivilent setting
> I should look at in a Windows environment?
>
> Brent David Payne

You need to look into the properties for your website.  Each site will
have a different properties folder.

But I still don't understand why you don't use Apache.  It's free.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================

0
jstucklex (14659)
10/31/2007 6:51:37 PM
On Oct 31, 11:51 am, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> BDE Consulting wrote:

> >> One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
> >> (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
> >> application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.
>
> >> Thats all I could think of at the moment.- Hide quoted text -

> > I don't have Apache I have MS Windows Server 2003.  Yeah I know,
> > Windows with PHP and MySQL--why?? the only programmer I could afford
> > for LyricVault.com was a PHP/MySQL programmer and I'd already bought
> > the PowerEdge with Windows installed.  Is there an equivilent setting
> > I should look at in a Windows environment?
>
> > Brent David Payne
>
> You need to look into the properties for your website.  Each site will
> have a different properties folder.
>
> But I still don't understand why you don't use Apache.  It's free.
>
> --
> ==================
> Remove the "x" from my email address
> Jerry Stuckle
> JDS Computer Training Corp.
> jstuck...@attglobal.net

I will drive over to my colocation tonight (having Remote Server
management issues too, but we won't get into that right now) and see
what I can find.  I will post here additional questions or a million
thank you notes if this thread solved my problem.

P.S. I don't use Apache because, well, I have been a 'big company'
loyalist for a long time.  I know that is not real popular in this
forum probably but I like.  Microsoft, Sony, Honda, Coca-Cola,
Amazon.com, Google, etc.  ;-)

Brent David Payne

On Oct 31, 2:01 pm, BDE Consulting <brent.pa...@bdeconsulting.com>
wrote:
> On Oct 31, 11:51 am, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > BDE Consulting wrote:

> > > I don't have Apache I have MS Windows Server 2003.  Yeah I know,
> > > Windows with PHP and MySQL--why?? the only programmer I could afford
> > > for LyricVault.com was a PHP/MySQL programmer and I'd already bought
> > > the PowerEdge with Windows installed.  Is there an equivilent setting
> > > I should look at in a Windows environment?
>
> > > Brent David Payne
>
> > You need to look into the properties for your website.  Each site will
> > have a different properties folder.
>
> > But I still don't understand why you don't use Apache.  It's free.
>
> > --
> > ==================
> > Remove the "x" from my email address
> > Jerry Stuckle
> > JDS Computer Training Corp.
> > jstuck...@attglobal.net

> I will drive over to my colocation tonight (having Remote Server
> management issues too, but we won't get into that right now) and see
> what I can find.  I will post here additional questions or a million
> thank you notes if this thread solved my problem.
>
> P.S. I don't use Apache because, well, I have been a 'big company'
> loyalist for a long time.  I know that is not real popular in this
> forum probably but I like.  Microsoft, Sony, Honda, Coca-Cola,
> Amazon.com, Google, etc.  ;-)
>
> Brent David Payne- Hide quoted text -

Yes!!!  Figured it out.  While it wasn't the answer you guys
mentioned, your suggestions made me dig a little bit deeper (and take
more risk on changing things).  It turns out that the ASAPI mapping
for PHP was correct on the LyricVault domain but it was pointing to
the wrong DLL on the other domains.  I had to go into each web site,
go to home directory tab, go to configuration tab, scroll down to the
php extension, edit it with the new location of the correct DLL for
PHP.

I now have a very sore back (these carts at colocation places are a
bearcat to work with) because I had to change about 40 web sites to
the correct DLL for PHP, but it is fixed.

Thanks to everyone that helped me go down the right track with
confidence.  If you click on the original post you will see that all
of the PHPInfo.php files are loading properly.

Thanks everyone!!!

Sincerely,

Brent David Payne
Happy PHP User

On Oct 31, 10:54 am, 4sak3n 0ne <4sak3n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 31, 10:04 am, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote:
>

> > BDE Consulting wrote:
>
> > > What would I be looking for exactly?  I have little experience in
> > > dbadmin and server admin.  I know how to get to my server logs and how
> > > to decipher them but help me to determine what I am specifically
> > > looking for please.
>
> > > Brent David Payne
>
> > Maybe anything which looks unusual?  Error responses, etc.?
>
> > It's hard to say exactly what to look for - the possibilities are almost
> > endless.  But you should know it when you see it.
>
> > --
> > ==================
> > Remove the "x" from my email address
> > Jerry Stuckle
> > JDS Computer Training Corp.
> > jstuck...@attglobal.net
> > ==================
>
> One possibility is that your AddType for php is within a virtual hosts
> (assuming you have Apache).  Check to make sure that AddType
> application/x-httpd-php .php is outside of all virtual hosts.
>
> Thats all I could think of at the moment.

I feel dumb...  Should have looked at the phpinfo before posting
that.  Disregard that idea.  It could have been a solution if you were
running Apache instead of IIS.

0
4sak3n0ne (16)

PEAR Install in PHP 4.1.1
WinXP Pro SP2 PHP 4.1.1 from php.net Installed on D:\php\ I have tried several times to install PEAR in PHP 4.1.1. I keep getting an error and I am not proficient enough to be able to fixit myself. After I installed php 4.1.1 I executed go-pear.bat. I took all of the defaults. Then I double-clicked on the .reg file. When I execute pear.bat I get the following error. PHP_PEAR_INSTALL_DIR is not set correctly. pearcmd.php could not be found there. Please fix it using your environment variable or modify the default value in pear.bat The current value is: When looking at the pear.bat file it...

SN#21366 Developer News Bites
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 132 Issue 3 2009-02-21 Article 21366 from section "Developer's Section" Short Items of Interest to the Developer Community - Video on Sun Studio and Parallel Computing - Open Source Graphical User Interface Application for High Dynamic Range (HDR) Imaging - Sample Chapter of "Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional" - New Command-line Options in VisualVM 1.1 - Sun Certified Solaris Associate (SCSAS) - SDN on the Road PHP Palooza Part 2: SF PHP Meetup - Wizard for Developing New Drupal Themes - Ruby on Rails with Apache and MySQL on OpenSolaris http://blogs.systemnews.com/ Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=21366 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe Free 4-week trial is available. (c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

PHP MicroCMS 1.0.1
Welcome to PHP MicroCMS PHP MicroCMS (PHP MCMS) is a simple, but very powerful Content Management System that everyone can use. The PHP MCMS can be installed easily by web developers, webmasters, graphic designers, etc. PHP MCMS was developed in OOP and allows users to build websites in a few minutes. PHP MicroCMS allows users with very little technical knowledge to build websites, as done by millions of bloggers on the web. PHP MicroCMS requires NO knowledge of HTML, although HTML can be used to enhance the pages by adding headings, images, hyperlinks or simply to emphasize text. ...

Installing php 5.1.4 and Postgresql 8.1.3 on redhat Centos 4.3
I want to upgrade php 4.3.9 and postgresql 7.4.13 on Centos 4.3 to php 5.1.4 and postgresql 8.1.4 using rpms. Has anyone done this? rich wrote: > I want to upgrade php 4.3.9 and postgresql 7.4.13 on Centos 4.3 to php > 5.1.4 and postgresql 8.1.4 using rpms. Has anyone done this? nope, i use debian.. apt makes it a way easier. but just download the rpms, untar gunzip ect then ./configure ..yadda yadda it comes with instructions you know! Flamer. ...

PHP 5.1.2 and using PHP w Apache2 and MySQL
Hello all, First of all I first dld and installed (unzipped) PHP 5.1.1 before 5.1.2 was released, so do I just unzip 5.1.2 over the existing 5.1.1 and use the same php.ini file, or is there more to it than that? When I run phpinfo it still displays the ver as 5.1.1, is this ok? Also, I have installed Apache 2.0.55 and PHP 5.1.2 (see above 5.1.2 question) on my personal windows me computer, and I would like to install MySQL as well. To the best of my knowledge both of the above SEEM to be working and setup correctly. My goal in doing this is so that I can learn to use Apache, PHP ...

php 4.4.1 constructor Vs. Php 5.0 constructor
I have a class with a constructor function that looks like so on my php 5.0 box: public function __construct(....) does this syntax change when I go back to php 4.4.1? I've never used 4.4.1 before, been solely 5.0 until now. It seems the 4.4.1 box is giving me an error on that call. I've been looking on google for a while for a simple answer, but must not be searching for the right thing. Thanks in advance. Greg Scharlemann wrote: > I have a class with a constructor function that looks like so on my php > 5.0 box: > > public function __construct(....) >...

Free PHP 1 to 1 chat program
Does anyone know of a free easy to install / use chat program, pref written in PHP that i can use on my website. I would like to have something like LIVEPERSON service on my site, but they have rediculous costs for that service. I have found lots of multi user IRC type chat softwares, but none that are just 1-on-1. Thanks ian Bimmian wrote: > Does anyone know of a free easy to install / use chat program, pref > written in PHP that i can use on my website. I would like to have > something like LIVEPERSON service on my site, but they have rediculous > costs for that service. >...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

Upgrade to PHP 5.1 makes trashes to the PHP Functions [EXPERT&isset]
Hi All ! Upgrading from PHP 4 something to PHP 5.1 leads to a master piece of problem. Our website was working perfectly with coding under PHP 4 or before : "Our manager did a stupid attempt to upgrade the PHP code to PHP 5.1" ... as a result, many of our pages are not working anymore. .... if I have a old F150 and replace it with a new F150 : that's still the same gas so far !!! Functions that seem not to work anymore are ISSET functions, and may be more functions ... Did you have in your previous experiences the problem to upgrade PHP ? if(isset($_POST[...

CSWS PHP 1.3 and GD support (PHP Version 4.3.10)
If my reporting utility is correct this seems rather limited: * GD support: yes * GD Version: 2.0 or higher * FreeType Support: no * T1Lib Support: no * GIF Read Support: no * GIF Create Support: no * JPG Support: no * PNG Support: no * WBMP Support: no * XBM Support: no * JIS-mapped Japanese Font Support: no My understanding of this report would be that I can create graphics to my heart's content - I just can't display them. Also, and I'm never sure if you guys want to hear about this sort of stuff, I consistently get the...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

php assembly of multiple php files
I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for each form to be included within the shell. The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but with multiple files? When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to the Main calling page? Thank you, QB Question Boy wrote: > I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. > > Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for > each form to be included within the shell. > > The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms > the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as > NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was > submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php > file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but > with multiple files? > > When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to > the Main calling page? > > Thank you, > > QB This has nothing to do with PHP - it's how HTML works. The browser will only send the data for the form being subm...

ingres extension, php.5.1.1, fedora core II, ingres R3, apache 1.3.34
Hello All, I try to get the ingres extension working with Ingres R3. OS: Fedora Core II Ingres R3: Ingres Linux Version II 3.0/0404 (int.lnx/00) II_SYSTEM=/ing/R3 C compiler: cc (GCC) 3.3.3 20040412 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.3-7) I have installed apache 1.3.34 with: ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache_1.3.34 \ --enable-module=rewrite \ --enable-shared=rewrite \ --enable-module=so \ --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE I have installed php.5.1.1 with: ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/php-5.1.1 \ --enable-track-vars \ --with-png-dir \ --with-java=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_05 \ --with-freetype-dir \ --with-jpeg-dir \ --with-gd \ --with-zlib-dir \ --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache_1.3.34/bin/apxs I can start apache and the script phpinfo() shows the phpinfo page. So far so good. I have downloaded ingres-1.2.1.tgz I have done the next steps: 1. stop apache 2. untarred the file ingres-1.2.1.tgz in /usr/local 3. cd /usr/local/ingres-1.2.1 4. /usr/local/php-5.1.1/bin/phpize the output: Configuring for: PHP Api Version: 20041225 Zend Module Api No: 20050922 Zend Extension Api No: 220051025 5. ./configure --with-php-config=/usr/local/php-5.1.1/bin/php-config Th last few lines of output: checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate checking whether stripping libraries is pos...

apache-php-netbsd 1.6.1 cobalt
Hi: I just install PHP 4.3.6 in my Qube 2 running NetBSD 1.6.1 and Apache 2.0.43, set up in http.conf and under "directoryIndex" index.php, but when I test PHP with a simple code I only see the code in the browser window , how can enable PHP in Apache??, thanks. Claudio Leiva Las Vegas, Nevada USA http://nv4x4.no-ip.org/claudio ...

Yii PHP framework 1.0.1 is released
We are very pleased to announce the release of Yii Framework v1.0.1! You can download this new release from the Yii download site: http://www.yiiframework.com/download/ In this release, we included over twenty minor enhancements and a dozen of bug fixes. We implemented the feature for supporting scenario- based validation. With the help from the Yii community, we added core message translations in German, Spanish and Swedish. We also optimized Yii and further improved its performance. Last but not the least, we added a complete blog demo to help new users to learn Yii. A list of all issues resolved in this release can be found at: http://www.yiiframework.com/files/CHANGELOG-1.0.1.txt We would like to thank our Yii users for their generous contribution and effort put in to this project. Enjoy and happy 2009! The Yii Developer Team http://www.yiiframework.com ABOUT YII FRAMEWORK Yii is a high-performance component-based PHP framework best suited for developing large-scale Web 2.0 applications. Yii comes with a full stack of features, including MVC, DAO/ActiveRecord, I18N/L10N, caching, jQuery-based AJAX support, authentication and role-based access control (RBAC), scaffolding, input validation, widgets, events, theming, XSS protection, Web services, and so on. With its thorough documentation and a friendly user community, Yii is easy to learn and can help you cut down your application development time significantly. ...

Comments in SELECT via PHP/ODBC DB2 UDB v8.1.9 Linux, PHP 4.4.0
Several weeks ago I asked what comments I could pass to DB2 in a SELECT statement. I don't remember whether I said via PHP/ODBC. I was assured that both /* */ style comment blocks and -- comment lines were allowed. Unfortunately, neither work. Both -- and /* */ comments cause a "premature end of statement". Any sage advice? Bob Stearns wrote: > Several weeks ago I asked what comments I could pass to DB2 in a SELECT > statement. I don't remember whether I said via PHP/ODBC. I was assured > that both /* */ style comment blocks and -- comment lines were a...

DBForms from MS Access to PHP + MySQL 2.1.1
DBForms from MS Access to PHP + MySQL is an application to convert Microsoft Access databases (mdb) and MS Access Forms to AJAX based WEB page using PHP and MySQL. Now you can easily convert forms and their elements to Web page, filling form fields with data from the fields of your Access tables. During conversion elements' position, color pallette and fields type are saved. You have an opportunity to place your MS Access forms at Web page directly via FTP connection or save your forms to a local folder at your computer for future uploading. DBForms from MS Access to PHP+MySQL supp...

apache-php-netbsd 1.6.1 cobalt #2
Hi: I just install PHP 4.3.6 in my Qube 2 running NetBSD 1.6.1 and Apache 2.0.43, set up in http.conf and under "directoryIndex" index.php, but when I test PHP with a simple code I only see the code in the browser window , how can enable PHP in Apache??, thanks. Claudio http://nv4x4.no-ip.org/claudio ...

session_start causes Apache to crash (Win32, PHP 5.1.1)
Hello, Does anyone have a problem with Apache2 crashing after executing a PHP script with session_start()? I notice if session_start() is placed anywhere except at the start of the file, APache will crash. Can anyone explain to me why? I don't want session_start to be at the start of the file because I need to override some session methods. So session_start has to happen after the declaration of custom session methods. Can anyone please help? Thanks. Vincent session_start() must be called before any data is sent to the browser.....just like header() or setcookie(). if you're usi...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

Is PHP secure while PHP code is exposed on the hosting server?
Java is compiled before loading it on a hosting server. Erwin Moller wrote: > Java is compiled before loading it on a hosting server. You usually also keep you databases there (regardless of what programing language it is), so you better worry about that. Also, you can encrypt your code with ionCube or other encoders. It's secure. What is it with all those questions mr. Erwin ? Making some kind of statistics ? best regards Piotr N Piotr wrote: > Erwin Moller wrote: >> Java is compiled before loading it on a hosting server. > > You usually also keep you databases there (regardless of what programing > language it is), so you better worry about that. > Also, you can encrypt your code with ionCube or other encoders. It's > secure. > > What is it with all those questions mr. Erwin ? > Making some kind of statistics ? > > best regards > Piotr N > No, it's a Chinese troll wanting us to think it's Erwin. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== Jerry Stuckle wrote: > Piotr wrote: >> Erwin Moller wrote: >>> Java is compiled before loading it on a hosting server. >> >> You usually also keep you databases there (regardless of what >> programing language it is), so you better worry about that. >> Also, you can encrypt your code with ionCube or other enco...

Web resources about - Multiple Domains; 1 Server; 1 PHP Install; Only One Domain Has A Working PHP; WHY?????? - comp.lang.php

Terror attacks in Western Europe are up, but not close to the 1970s
Extremist attacks like the blasts in Brussels on Tuesday that left at least 34 dead and 270 injured are increasing in Western Europe, but they're ...

Forensics expert says FBI to use NAND mirroring to crack terrorist's iPhone
An outside contractor with established ties to the FBI has most likely shown investigators how to circumvent the iPhone’s security measures by ...

See how the new, smaller iPad Pro stacks up against the 12.9-inch model
Although the iPhone SE was the highlight of Apple's spring event on Monday, it wasn't the only new device announced. Apple also unveiled a smaller, ...

Disney & Marvel Plan to Boycott Georgia If Anti-Gay Discrimination Bill Is Passed
Disney and Marvel will no longer film in Georgia “should any legislation allowing discriminatory practices be signed into state law.” Gov. Nathan ...

Seattle's 'Man in tree' siege ends after just over 24 hours
After over 24 hours, a man who had taken up a perch in a downtown Seattle tree has come down and is receiving treatment. SEE ALSO: Man gives ...

Turn Your Roomba Into the Star Wars Droid You Already Pretend It Is
iRobot’s Roomba vacuum cleaners are about the closest thing you can get to having a real Star Wars droid at home. In fact, many Roomba owners ...

Take a 4K VR tour around Google's Oregon data center
Data centers are typically high-security locations and operators don't like you snooping around, but Google is giving users a look at one of ...

Google may release an iPhone keyboard with built-in search and GIFs
Google may be working on a software keyboard for the iPhone, with web search as a featured attraction. Unnamed sources told The Verge that Google ...

Barclays isn't planning to support Android Pay in the UK
If UK bank Barclays hadn't angered mobile customers enough over its delayed rollout of Apple Pay, a new announcement today looks take things ...

Hulk Hogan Exclusive: They 'Picked the Wrong Guy,' Former Wrestler Says of Gawker Victory
Fast Company Hulk Hogan Exclusive: They 'Picked the Wrong Guy,' Former Wrestler Says of Gawker Victory ABC News Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan ...