NEWB question about PHP and IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server

Hello everyone,

    I'm relatively new to PHP (about 3 days to be exact) and I figured that
an easy way to check my progress was to just run them on IIS6. Well,
troubleshooting time has gone up, and very little in the way of work has
gotten done. hoping that someone here can steer me in the right direciton. I
have installed PHP 4.3.8, and everytime I try and run a php file I receive

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Glen

0
belisar (2)

http://www.visualwin.com/PHP/

"Belisarius" <belisar@cogeco.ca> wrote in message =
> Hello everyone,
>=20
>     I'm relatively new to PHP (about 3 days to be exact) and I figured =
that=20
> an easy way to check my progress was to just run them on IIS6. Well,=20
> troubleshooting time has gone up, and very little in the way of work =
has=20
> gotten done. hoping that someone here can steer me in the right =
direciton. I=20
> have installed PHP 4.3.8, and everytime I try and run a php file I =
receive=20
>=20
> Your help is greatly appreciated!
>=20
> Glen=20
>=20

0
dont.need (11)
9/10/2004 12:26:24 PM
I did everything that was on the website prior to posting on here. Went
through it again to make sure I didn't overlook anything. still no go...

"Newsgroup Poster" <dont.need@my.address.ok> wrote in message
http://www.visualwin.com/PHP/

"Belisarius" <belisar@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
>
>     I'm relatively new to PHP (about 3 days to be exact) and I figured
> that
> an easy way to check my progress was to just run them on IIS6. Well,
> troubleshooting time has gone up, and very little in the way of work has
> gotten done. hoping that someone here can steer me in the right direciton.
> have installed PHP 4.3.8, and everytime I try and run a php file I receive
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated!
>
> Glen

0
belisar (2)
9/11/2004 12:23:33 AM
http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20040126/154729.html

"Newsgroup Poster" <dont.need@my.address.ok> wrote in message =
http://www.visualwin.com/PHP/

"Belisarius" <belisar@cogeco.ca> wrote in message =
> Hello everyone,
>=20
>     I'm relatively new to PHP (about 3 days to be exact) and I figured =
that=20
> an easy way to check my progress was to just run them on IIS6. Well,=20
> troubleshooting time has gone up, and very little in the way of work =
has=20
> gotten done. hoping that someone here can steer me in the right =
direciton. I=20
> have installed PHP 4.3.8, and everytime I try and run a php file I =
receive=20
>=20
> Your help is greatly appreciated!
>=20
> Glen=20
>=20

0
dont.need (11)
9/20/2004 3:34:59 PM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:26:24 +0100, "Newsgroup Poster"
<dont.need@my.address.ok> wrote:

>"Belisarius" <belisar@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:2b80d.33605$%m4.2976511@read2.cgocable.net...
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>>     I'm relatively new to PHP (about 3 days to be exact) and I figured that
>> an easy way to check my progress was to just run them on IIS6. Well,
>> troubleshooting time has gone up, and very little in the way of work has
>> gotten done. hoping that someone here can steer me in the right direciton. I
>> have installed PHP 4.3.8, and everytime I try and run a php file I receive
>
>http://www.visualwin.com/PHP/

 Odd that it recommends the use of the CGI .exe version, when there's a
perfectly good ISAPI .dll version, which is faster.

 If you're coming from IIS5, then the Web Service Extension thing is definitely
something to watch out for, since it's a new security restriction.

--
Andy Hassall / <andy@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool
Newsgroup Poster wrote:

> http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20040126/154729.html
>

> "Newsgroup Poster" <dont.need@my.address.ok> wrote in message news:chs6hh$4pi$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk...
> http://www.visualwin.com/PHP/
>

> "Belisarius" <belisar@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:2b80d.33605$%m4.2976511@read2.cgocable.net...
>
>>Hello everyone,
>>
>>    I'm relatively new to PHP (about 3 days to be exact) and I figured that
>>an easy way to check my progress was to just run them on IIS6. Well,
>>troubleshooting time has gone up, and very little in the way of work has
>>gotten done. hoping that someone here can steer me in the right direciton. I
>>have installed PHP 4.3.8, and everytime I try and run a php file I receive
>>
>>Your help is greatly appreciated!
>>
>>Glen

Unless you absolutely have to develop with a target platform of
Windows/IISx, then for development purposes, consider using xampp
as a Windows hosted test bed.

xampp is a complete and fully integrated packaging of apache, php
(4 and 5, selectable(!)), MySQL, perl, and other software to help
you get your web application developed on Windows, but targeted
for deployment on a Unix host.

There are/were other packagings of these same components for
windows (phptriad, sokkit, ... others), but all had some problems:
some used downlevel components; some had only sporadic
maintenance; some cost real $$$bux. xampp is free (contributions
accepted).

Go here http://www.apachefriends.org to download.

--
The email address in the From: line of this message is a
spamtrap. Mail sent to this address may get the sender's

installing php 4.3.8 onto windows server 2003 with IIS 6 & multiple websites nightmare
I have various small html websites on my windows server 2003 pc, these function quite happily from directories under D:\websites via ports 81, 8081, 8091, 8082 and of course there is the dafault web site on port 80. I have installed MySQL 5.0.0 and php 4.3.8, but i can't get them to work for another website on port 8090. If I use the command line and go to c:/php and run php -i, I can see the test_info file information, including the html. If I try to run it with http://80.177.100.48/test_info.php I get 'CGI error - The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of headers' When I try to run it via http://80.177.100.48:8090/test_info.php I get a page not found 404 error. That pc's name is 'webserver', and is connected to the internet via an internal ADSL card and networked to my main pc called 'whatever'. On 'whatever' I have a test installation of phpBB2 set up on http://80.177.100.48:9999/phpBB2/ which works fine and is quite happily routed via port 9999 through 'webserver' to the 'whatever' root directory under windows XP pro. When installing and testing is finished I would like to have this running on the 'webserver' pc. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please? N. B. I forgot to mention that although I am using DNS and WINS, I'm not currently using 'Domain Controller/Active Directory' on 2003 as it makes things very slow with only a 128 mb, 1300 Mhz...

PHP, IIS 6, and Windows 2003
I could not get PHP pages to display in IIS 6 with Windows 2003, using the default install of the stable binaries from php.net. Here is the solution I found. The default install registers the .php extension as belonging to c:\php\php.exe. This is correct, but it's faster to use the ISAPI extension. To do this, 1. Open the IIS Management console 2. Expand the server, right click on "Web Sites" and click Properties 3. Open the "ISAPI Filters" foldertab 4. Click Add 5. Enter PHP in the Filter Name box. 6. Click Browse and then Browse to your php4isapi.dll. 6. Click ok -> Apply -> ok .... Once this is completed, your PHP scripts still won't run. The problem is that you have to define and enable PHP as a "Web Service Extension". To do this, 1. Open the IIS Management console 2. Expand the server, and expand the "Web Services Extensions" 3. Click "Add a new Web services Extension" 4. Enter PHP in the Extension Name box. 5. In the required files box, Browse to your php directory and add php4isapi.dll. 6. Click ok -> Apply -> ok Last but not least, You may or may not need to do the following, -Set the extensions path in the php.ini file if you are going to use any extensions , i.e. php_mssql.dll -I had to copy the php4isapi.dll from c:\php\isapi to c:\php, YMMV -Give the webserver user (IUSR_MACHINENAME in most cases) read and execute access to php4isapi.dll and php4ts.dll Good Luck, Ejay Hire EjayHire@ho...

PHP on IIS Windows 2000 Server
I've downloaded the latest PHP (EXE & ZIP).... I followed all the instructions I can find and yet PHP will not work with my IIS !! Can anyone talk me though exactly how to get them working together. ?? I followed : www.lennon-fan.com/tutz/PHP_n_IIS.htm But it's still failing... HTML pages fine... PHP page can't be found ! Help please ! Thanks I also rung windows 2K server with php on IIS. I have no problem with php document. make sure that you have ..php and the app path (usually c:\php) set in the application configuration of your website. If you don't IIS will no...

PHP/MySQL on Windows 2003 Server 64bit
We're looking at getting a hosted dedicated web server to host our PHP4/MySQL4 websites. It needs to be a MS Windows server as we use .NET Web Services for a lot of background communications. We've found what appears to be a fantastic hosting package but it is on Windows 2003 Server **64 bit edition**. Are there any problems with PHP4/MySQL4 on 64 bit servers? Are these problems easy to overcome? Cheers, Tom Tom wrote: > We're looking at getting a hosted dedicated web server to host our > PHP4/MySQL4 websites. It needs to be a MS Windows server as we use .NET Web > Services for a lot of background communications. > > We've found what appears to be a fantastic hosting package but it is on > Windows 2003 Server **64 bit edition**. > > Are there any problems with PHP4/MySQL4 on 64 bit servers? > Are these problems easy to overcome? > > Cheers, > Tom I don't have any experience with MySQL but I run XP x64 for a desktop and 2003 x64 for a server, both with PHP 4 installed and have not had any problems. In fact the only problem that I've run into with the 64 bit versions of windows is low level drivers. I've yet to come across an application that didn't run properly. The 32 support (that MS inexplicably calls WOW64, very confusing) works extreamly well. Josh "Tom" <tomhartlandREMOV@ETHISgmail.com> wrote in message news:kd3Eg.22596$Cz6.14754@newsfe5-win.ntli.net... > We're l...

Is Apache Needed w/IIS (Windows 2003) for PHP Install
I am a newbie when it comes to installing PHP. The install seemed direct and pretty simple. I've installed the latest build of PHP along with checking to see if my IIS settings are correct. I've also given permissions to my php.ini file for "Everyone" yet when I try to view a .php file in my browser, the page does not come up. http://www.fusicology.com/info.php or http://www.fusicology.com/test.php are not appearing. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Nina On 31 Mar, 14:58, Nina Morena <ninamor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a newbie when it comes to installing PHP. The install seemed > direct and pretty simple. I've installed the latest build of PHP along > with checking to see if my IIS settings are correct. I've also given > permissions to my php.ini file for "Everyone" yet when I try to view > a .php file in my browser, the page does not come up. > > http://www.fusicology.com/info.phporhttp://www.fusicology.com/test.php > are not appearing. > > Any ideas what I am doing wrong? > > Nina It's not "needed" as you can serve and parse php using IIS. However, I prefer to install WAMP5 and use that instead of IIS. On Mar 31, 11:07=A0am, Captain Paralytic <paul_laut...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On 31 Mar, 14:58, Nina Morena <ninamor...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I am a newbie when it comes to installing PHP. =A0The install seemed > > direct and pretty simple. I'...

php webservice extensions on IIS, IIS returns 404 on php
Hi, I'm trying to get the PHP isapi filter to work on IIS. as per the manual http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php I have done the following: "# If you don't want to perform HTTP Authentication using PHP, you can (and should) skip this step. Under ISAPI Filters, add a new ISAPI filter. Use PHP as the filter name, and supply a path to the php4isapi.dll / php5isapi.dll. # Under 'Home Directory', 'Virtual Directory', or 'Directory', do the following: # Change the Execute Permissions to 'Scripts only' " and then "Click on the 'Configuration' button, and choose the Application Mappings tab. Click Add and set the Executable path to the appropriate ISAPI DLL. An example PHP 5 value is: C:\php\php5isapi.dll Supply .php as the extension. Leave 'Method exclusions' blank, and check the 'Script engine' checkbox. Now, click OK a few times." That seems to already be done. "# Stop IIS completely (NET STOP iisadmin) # Start IIS again (NET START w3svc) " have done so several times by now "With IIS 6 (2003 Server), open up the IIS Manager, go to Web Service Extensions, choose "Add a new Web service extension", enter in a name such as PHP, choose the Add button and for the value browse to either the ISAPI file (php4isapi.dll or php5isapi.dll) or CGI (php.exe or php- cgi.exe) then check "Set extension status to Allowed" and click OK." since I have IIS 6 ...

can php create actual accounts on windows 2003 server
how can I use php to create actual accounts on windows 2003 server(for handling shared file folder)? thanks in advance. ...

Need Help Installing ImageMagick on Windows IIS 6.0 with PHP
Can someone help me install ImageMagic on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server running PHP 5.2.5 and IIS 6.0? This has been driving me crazy all day. I have downloaded php_imagick.dll from the php4win.pecl.php.net site and copied it to my standard extentions directory. I have successfully installed the static 8-bit version of ImageMagick from their site. (ImageMagick works fine from the command line.) I have also added an extension=php_imagick.dll line to my php.ini file and restarted IIS services. No matter what I do, when IIS restarts I get a message saying that it is unable to load the extension. Any ideas? I have searched the Web for a solution, but to no avail. Thanks! Tony ...

Php webservice extensions on IIS, IIS returns 404 on php #4
[...]

Php webservice extensions on IIS, IIS returns 404 on php #2
Hello, 'kei said I should object? asked Mr. jorkins. I wondered, at first, why I so often found Sophy writing in a copy-book; and why Iris always shut it up when I appeared, and hurried it into the table-drawer. This was my third work of fiction. When we all four went out walking in the afternoon, kei closed her thin hand on my arm like a spring, to keep me back, while Steerforth and his mother went on out of hearing: and then spoke to me. Dear, dear, dear! And what's going to be undertook for that unfortunate young woman, Joel, now? You touch a point that my thoughts have been dwelling on since yesterday, said I, but on which I can give you no information yet, Mr. Omer. I am very poor, I said, attempting to smile, and have got no money. Why, what do you mean? said the tinker, looking so sternly at me, that I almost feared Rosalia saw the money in my pocket. thanks Galina Fake Edwina Rothschild kirjoitti: > Hello, > 'kei said I should object? asked Mr. jorkins. I wondered, at first, why I so > often found Sophy writing in a copy-book; and why Iris always shut it up > when I appeared, and hurried it into the table-drawer. > > This was my third work of fiction. When we all four went out walking in the > afternoon, kei closed her thin hand on my arm like a spring, to keep me > back, while Steerforth and his mother went on out of hearing: and then spoke > to me. > Dear, dear, dear! And what's going to be undertook for that unfo...

Php webservice extensions on IIS, IIS returns 404 on php #3
Hello, I have but one in life. Miss Catherine thanked Macon, and we went into his room, which was furnished as an office, with books, papers, tin boxes, and so forth. Don't mind what Vaninadh says, good gentlemen! What must be done, said Frapples, is this. But never mind her. Of the Inner Temple, I believe? said Miss Clarissa, again glancing at my letter. Oh, very much so! But I wish you'd call me Uriah, if you please. So, with a great weight taken off my mind, I turned into a by-street that was the nearest way to school, and felt, upon the whole, relieved that they were gone; though I still liked them very much, nevertheless. 'A fraud on the Bank of England? I asked. His picture, as a boy, was there. What do you say? To the system? inquired Frapples, looking grave. -rgds, Elisabeth ...

HowTo: Link Tomcat 5 with IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server using the JK2 ajp13 connector
I've written an article to help those who like us, need to serve up Java servlets and JSP using Tomcat. The URL is http://virtualict.net/support/kb/iis6-Tomcat5-JK2.html TJ. ...

HowTo: Link Tomcat 5 with IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server using the JK2 ajp13 connector
I've written an article to help those who like us, need to serve up Java servlets and JSP using Tomcat. The URL is http://virtualict.net/support/kb/iis6-Tomcat5-JK2.html TJ. ...

Question of PHP-4 vs PHP-5
When debugging the blowfish utility I noticed that $bf = new Crypt_Blowfish($mykey); echo("BF: " . $bf"); Outputs the word "OBJECT" on a PHP-4 linux system and "OBJECT id #1" on a windoze PHP-5 system Can anyone confirm this is correct and even better - explain what the output of each is please (I dont understand PHP classes yet) tks tony tony@tony.com wrote: > > When debugging the blowfish utility I noticed that > > $bf = new Crypt_Blowfish($mykey); > echo("BF: " . $bf"); > > Outputs the word "OBJECT" on a PHP-4 linux system > > and "OBJECT id #1" on a windoze PHP-5 system > > Can anyone confirm this is correct and even better - > explain what the output of each is please > (I dont understand PHP classes yet) Yes, both are correct, but the question is wrong - if you want to describe an object then give it a method to describe itself. If you want to see inside an object then use the var_export() fn. The difference is related to the change in how objects are referenced in the different PHP versions. C. tony@tony.com wrote: > When debugging the blowfish utility I noticed that > > $bf = new Crypt_Blowfish($mykey); > echo("BF: " . $bf"); > > Outputs the word "OBJECT" on a PHP-4 linux system > > and "OBJECT id #1" on a windoze PHP-5 system > > Can anyone confirm this is correct and e...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

PHP not executing, IIS 6
Hi, I'm attempting to run PHP on Microsoft IIS 6.0, and the PHP will not execute. For Example: test.php: <? phpinfo(); ?> When I request http://localhost/test.php I get a blank page. When I view the source, I get: <? phpinfo(); ?> Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Any resources that could guide me through the install process? The .php extensions are setup correctly (I believe) in IIS. Thanks for the help! Mike Biang Cramer Development mike.biang - at - gmail -dot- com <mike.biang@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1145286412.953621.75450@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > <? > phpinfo(); > ?> > I am not extremely experienced but I read some time ago that <?php is somewhat more reliable than just <? , as far as I recall it can be ambiguous when more script engines are installed on one server. Maybe this link will help: http://www.iamcal.com/publish/articles/php/secure_and_portable_applications/ Martien mike.biang@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, I'm attempting to run PHP on Microsoft IIS 6.0, and the PHP will > not execute. > > For Example: > > test.php: > > <? > phpinfo(); > ?> > > When I request http://localhost/test.php I get a blank page. > When I view the source, I get: > > <? > phpinfo(); > ?> > > Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Any resources that could guide me > through the install process? The .php extensions are setup correctly ...

PHP testing server on windows?
I recently got a php job. Until now I've only developed with asp. How do I develop locally with php? Is there a server that works on windows for local php development? Thanks!! John kinane3@yahoo.com wrote: > I recently got a php job. Until now I've only developed with asp. How > do I develop locally with php? Is there a server that works on windows > for local php development? > > Thanks!! > John > Apache works fine on Windows. You could consider using a fully prepared package which would include all the necessary server bits like XAMPP. http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html kinane3@yahoo.com wrote: > I recently got a php job. Until now I've only developed with asp. How > do I develop locally with php? Is there a server that works on windows > for local php development? <news:1110994441.546648.198450@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com> ( http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.php/msg/1577ae082bba11b3 ) -- <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?> Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/ Are there are any known issues with xampp? I tried it and it seemed to work fine but since I've had some serious system errors, such as, the system restarting itself. I'm running XP2 on a 2ghz machine with 512mem. I had to uninstall it to see if it would stablize. It's uninstalled now but when visiting download.com the browser (IE6) crashes. Any ideas on this...

Forking PHP on Windows 2003.
We are attempting to fork a php script into a background php script and have the first scrip continue to completion. Is this even possible in the windows version of php? We have used the many code snippets floating around on the Internet claiming to fork on Windows, yet we never get it to work properly, sometimes ending up with hunderds of dead php.exe processes on the machine. Our environment is: Windows 2k3 server PHP 4.3.6 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Apr 14 2004 17:21:37) If there is any other info needed to determine the problem I'll gladly reply with it. All assistance is appreciated. Hopeless A wrote: > > We are attempting to fork a php script into a background > php script and have the first scrip continue to completion. > Is this even possible in the windows version of php? Yes, if Windows itself allows it. You probably tried something along the lines of: exec('start C:\php\cli\php.exe C:\inetpub\wwwroot\background.php'); However, if you type HELP START from your Windows command prompt, you may notice this bit: If Command Extensions are enabled, external command invocation through the command line or the START command changes as follows: .... When executing an application that is a 32-bit GUI application, CMD.EXE does not wait for the application to terminate before returning to the command prompt. This new behavior does NOT occur if executing within a command script. My guess is that you have Command Extensions enabled, so forking doesn&#...

Slow PHP on IIS 6
Hi, I have PHP 4.3.1 running under IIS 6, when i access my website PHP is verly slow but when i access my website on my server using http://localhost/mysite/ php is very fast. Any ideas what's wrong? Thank you all, Bre-x On Sun, 02 May 2004 20:13:21 -0700, Bre-x wrote: > Hi, > > I have PHP 4.3.1 running under IIS 6, when i access my website PHP is > verly slow You mean from another computer, then? Over a network? > but when i access my website on my server using http://localhost/mysite/ > php is very fast. > > Any ideas what's wrong? > > Thank you all, > > Bre-x Are *static* pages slow? -- Jeffrey D. Silverman | jeffrey AT jhu DOT edu Website | http://www.wse.jhu.edu/newtnotes/ Static and Dynamic Jeffrey Silverman <jeffrey@jhu.edu> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.05.03.15.55.29.778111@jhu.edu>... > On Sun, 02 May 2004 20:13:21 -0700, Bre-x wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I have PHP 4.3.1 running under IIS 6, when i access my website PHP is > > verly slow > > You mean from another computer, then? Over a network? > > > but when i access my website on my server using http://localhost/mysite/ > > php is very fast. > > > > Any ideas what's wrong? > > > > Thank you all, > > > > Bre-x > > Are *static* pages slow? On Tue, 04 May 2004 22:12:26 -0700, Bre-x wrote: > Static and Dynamic Wha...

Is PHP secure while PHP code is exposed on the hosting server?
Java is compiled before loading it on a hosting server. Erwin Moller wrote: > Java is compiled before loading it on a hosting server. You usually also keep you databases there (regardless of what programing language it is), so you better worry about that. Also, you can encrypt your code with ionCube or other encoders. It's secure. What is it with all those questions mr. Erwin ? Making some kind of statistics ? best regards Piotr N Piotr wrote: > Erwin Moller wrote: >> Java is compiled before loading it on a hosting server. > > You usually also keep you databases there (regardless of what programing > language it is), so you better worry about that. > Also, you can encrypt your code with ionCube or other encoders. It's > secure. > > What is it with all those questions mr. Erwin ? > Making some kind of statistics ? > > best regards > Piotr N > No, it's a Chinese troll wanting us to think it's Erwin. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== Jerry Stuckle wrote: > Piotr wrote: >> Erwin Moller wrote: >>> Java is compiled before loading it on a hosting server. >> >> You usually also keep you databases there (regardless of what >> programing language it is), so you better worry about that. >> Also, you can encrypt your code with ionCube or other enco...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

PHP is looking for php.ini file in c:\windows
As the installation txt suggests, I have left my php.ini file inside the c:\php directory... but running phpinfo() shows that my php.ini file is in c:\windows as shown below. Configuration File (php.ini path) - C:\WINDOWS Well there is no php.ini file in my windows directory, so I'm not sure where it's getting it's configuration settings from... unless I suppose they're built into the executable somewhere if no php.ini file is found. My questions is - why php is not locating my php.ini file that is located in the c:\php directory? I'd rather not move it to the windows directory so I can keep everything nice and tidy like the installation file suggests. BTW - This is a brand new laptop I'm installing PHP on so there is (I just double checked) no PHP.ini file in the c:\windows directory. The path is set to include c:\php... and opening a DOS prompt and typing "php" is a recognizable command regardless of my current directory. This is the 2nd machine I have had this same problem with. I'm still confused... Any thoughts? thanks ~john wrote: > As the installation txt suggests, I have left my php.ini file inside > the c:\php directory... but running phpinfo() shows that my php.ini > file is in c:\windows as shown below. > > Configuration File (php.ini path) - C:\WINDOWS > > Well there is no php.ini file in my windows directory, so I'm not sure > where it's getting it's configuration settings from... ...

Web resources about - NEWB question about PHP and IIS 6 on Windows 2003 Server - comp.lang.php

ATO's private company list kicks up more questions about artistry of tax arrangements
Just $2 billion net tax on total income of $145 billion. What a time to be alive.

ATO's private company list kicks up more questions about artistry of tax arrangements
Just $2 billion net tax on total income of $145 billion. What a time to be alive.

Question: Your feelings on the 1959-vs-'09 Chevy crash test?
Filed under: Government/Legal , Chevrolet , Safety , Classics In 2009, the Insurance Institute For Highway Safety smashed a 1959 Bel Air into ...

With Wii U’s fate in question, Nintendo’s NX might be its last chance
After spending three-and-a-half years languishing at the bottom of the market, the Wii U is finally being put to rest. That's according to a ...

Funding Circle's CEO addressed 'the most pertinent question anyone can ask about our industry'
Lord Adair Turner looms large over the peer-to-peer lending industry. The former banking regulator, who led the Financial Services Authority ...

BuzzFeed: ‘Questions Hang Over FBI After Apple Showdown Fizzles’
Hamza Shaban, summarizing the state of the Apple-FBI fight for BuzzFeed: In an editorial Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal described the government’s ...

12 questions project managers should be prepared for in a job interview
Project management job interviews can be more stressful than the new job itself. Most candidates expect to talk about their strengths, weaknesses, ...

Carmike Investor Questions Its Rush To Merge With AMC While Stock Was Down
Carmike’s largest shareholder continued today to rally fellow investors to oppose its $1.1 billion (including debt) sale to AMC Entertainment ...

Question of the Day: Which Android Phone Would You Like to See Remade, iPhone SE Style?
No matter how much we love a particular phone, at some point, it’s going to get old and not function as well as the newer phones. This is why ...