OpenVMS + PHP +XSL + DOM XML problem --> (cannot load/transform XML)

Hey!

I have a problem loading (transforming) XML file using DOM XML extension
on OpenVMS (alpha).

I have installed libxml2, mysql, apache,... following steps described
here (http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/kits/)

All I want to do is:
1. build an XML from MySQL DB  (functions like load, saveXML,
appendChild, createElement are used)
2. Load an XSL file
3. transform XML with loaded XSL and show (echo) the result of the
transformation

My problem is that none of xmldom functions (which work on PHP 5) are
supported.
Why is that? Do I need some extension for domxml for OpenVMS?
Where can I find it?

In php.ini file I have already uncomment extension for XML & XSL -> but
not for domxml (there is no such extension).

I would appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks, Damjan

I have tried samples listed below:

/*
// Test 3
$dom = DOMDocument::loadXML("<test />");
*/

/*
// Test 2
$xmlparser = xml_parser_create();
*/

/*
// Test 1
  $xmlstr = "<root />";
  $dom = domxml_open_mem($xmlstr);
*/

Pivo Pijem wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I have a problem loading (transforming) XML file using DOM XML extension
> on OpenVMS (alpha).
>
> I have installed libxml2, mysql, apache,... following steps described
> here (http://www.pi-net.dyndns.org/anonymous/kits/)
>

> All I want to do is:
> 1. build an XML from MySQL DB  (functions like load, saveXML,
> appendChild, createElement are used)
> 2. Load an XSL file
> 3. transform XML with loaded XSL and show (echo) the result of the
> transformation
>
> My problem is that none of xmldom functions (which work on PHP 5) are
> supported.
> Why is that? Do I need some extension for domxml for OpenVMS?
> Where can I find it?

The PHP in OpenVMS is based on version 4 not 5.

> In php.ini file I have already uncomment extension for XML & XSL -> but
> not for domxml (there is no such extension).
>
> I would appreciate any help and suggestions.
>
> Thanks, Damjan

You may have more luck posting this question in comp.os.vms or at the
forums at  http://www.openvms.org/, at least with regard to any OpenVMS
questions.

Ken

0
kenrbnsn (287)

Parsing XML with PHP

php load xml with html entity problem.

TCL/PHP/XML problem: I need to convert an XML file into a TCL list
My TCL proc, XML_GET_ALL_ELEMENT_ATTRS, is supposed to convert an XML file into a TCL list as follows: attr1 {val1} attr2 {val2} ... attrN {valN} This is the TCL code that does this: [TCL] set contents [read $fileID [file size ${fileName}.xml]]; close $fileID if {![string equal $switch -body]} { # ONLY DO THIS IF THE XML CONTENTS CONTAIN NO BODY - WILL UPGRADE AT A LATER DATE 11/24/2006 - PHIL global serverName if {![info exists serverName]} { global env source ./cgi_globals.tcl global serverName } if {[string length [info procs {URL_ENCODE}]] == 0} { source ../url_procs.tcl }; # INCLUDE NEW url_procs.tcl URL TCL LIBRARY if {[string length [info procs {IS_LIST}]] == 0} { source {./tcl_string_tools.tcl} }; # INCLUDE THE TCL STRING LIBRARY CONTAINING PROC is_list IF !FOUND # BLOCK TO CREATE THE PHP SCRIPT TO PIPE INTO php.exe regsub -all {'} [XML_CLEANUP_ATTRIBUTE $contents] {\&#034;} phpEscapedContents regsub -all {"} $phpEscapedContents {\&quot;} phpEscapedContents set php {<? } append php [subst { if (@is_file("./functions.inc.php")) [format %c 123] }] append php { require_once("./functions.inc.php"); } append php [subst { echo xml_to_tcl_list("$phpEscapedContents"); }] append php [subst {[format %c 125] }] append php { ?>} set cannotRunPHP [catch {exec "echo '$php' | php" >@stdout 2>&stderr} errorMsg] if {$cannotRunPHP...

PHP/XML (or PHP/MySQL) CMS
I'm looking for a PHP/XML CMS (or a PHP/MySQL CMS) for managing a large corporate website with a lot of different information. I have found some CMS, but they are just not good enough. Can you recommend one ? thanks in advance. Nona Me wrote: > I'm looking for a PHP/XML CMS (or a PHP/MySQL CMS) for > managing a large corporate website with a lot of different information. > I have found some CMS, but they are just not good enough. > > Can you recommend one ? > > thanks in advance. > > try www.mamboserver.com/ imho top-notch reg. sh -- "The goal of Computer Science is to build something that will last at least until we've finished building it." -- unknown Stefan Hegenbart wrote: >> I have found some CMS, but they are just not good enough. >> >> Can you recommend one ? >> > > try www.mamboserver.com/ > imho top-notch Or if you need something really mighty: www.typo3.org Nona Me wrote: > I'm looking for a PHP/XML CMS (or a PHP/MySQL CMS) for > managing a large corporate website with a lot of different information. > I have found some CMS, but they are just not good enough. > > Can you recommend one ? > > thanks in advance. > > > From - Thu ezPublish: http://www.ez.no/ ...

XML to XML Transformation

problem with xml and xpath in PHP

XML DOM Setup with PHP
Hi, I am using PHP version 4.4.0.0 and apache2 version 2.0.54. I am trying to install the xml dom support but am not having any luck. Following the instructions on php.net I have done the following: 1. Set the extensions directory in php.ini extension_dir = "C:/php/extensions" 2. Loaded the xmldom module by uncommenting the line in php.ini extension=php_domxml.dll 3. Copied iconv.dll into C:\Windows\System32 so that it can be found on my system's path 4. Restarted my Apache Server phpinfo() shows that xmldom support is enabled domxml DOM/XML enabled DOM/XML API Version 20020815 libxml Version 20611 HTML Support enabled XPath Support enabled XPointer Support enabled DOM/XSLT enabled libxslt Version 1.1.7 libxslt compiled against libxml Version 2.6.11 The code that is throwing the error is as follows: $dom = new DOMDocument(); I am getting the error message: PHP Warning: domdocument() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in F:\web\popup\test.php on line 11 Can anyone help point out any other setup that I may have missed? Thanks, Fiona fionathomson wrote: > PHP Warning: domdocument() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in > F:\web\popup\test.php on line 11 > With PHP4, the version should be provided to the constructor, per example: $dom = new DOMDocument("1.0"); JW Hi JW, Thanks for your response. As suggested I have added the version to the constructor. I am now getting a new error message: ...

XML DOM Functions in PHP
Hi All, I see the following behaviour with XML DOM Functions with PHP 5. >> $attributes = $node->attributes; if ( $attributes != NULL ) { for ( $i = 0; $i < $attributes->length; $i++ ) { $attribute = $attributes->item( $i ); $tree->addAttribute( $attribute->name, $attribute->value ); } } The attributes property does not return attributes which are part of the xmlns namespace. Is there any workaround for this? - Kishore ...

PHP XML access problem
Okay, I'm trying to make an AJAX-type application that uses an XMLHttpRequest to a PHP page which processes an XML document, getting elements, and printing them out. When I run it through, the only errors that I get are 2 PHP errors from the PHP page that accesses the XML document (since there is another PHP page I use that auto- generates the AJAX application). They are the following (verbatim): Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML() [function.DOMDocument-loadXML]: Empty string supplied as input in /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/html/ memberaccess.php5 on line 11 Fatal error: Call to undefined method DOMNodeList::getElementsByTagName() in /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/ html/memberaccess.php5 on line 17 The php5 tag was just a test to see if my web server was interpreting them as PHP4, since there was a reported bug in PHP4.1 that related to these error messages. The code for the first error is: $dom->loadXML("./memberroster.xml"); The second error I did a bit of troubleshooting with, so I'll basically give a chronological version of that: $ranks = $dom->getElementsByTagName('RANK'); $members1 = $ranks->getElementsByTagName('MEMBER1'); then I removed the first line there, and changed the second to the following: $members1 = $dom->getElementsByTagName('MEMBER1'); I got the Fatal error with both of those combinations. Thank you in advance. Very much appreciated. On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:56:38 +0100, Rankin = <pegasusfli...

simple(?) xml/xsl problem with xml from sql query
I'm creating xml files from a dataset: myDataSet.WriteXml(m_XmlFile, XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema); and saving them to disk. Then i want to use the Xml control to format this xml with xsl stylesheet. here is part of my xml file created by the line above: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?> <NewDataSet> <articles> <XML_F52E2B61-18A1-11d1-B105-0080F4...> <sm_articles article_id="2" article_title="xxxx" ... /> <sm_articles article_id="3" article_title="yyyy" ... /> </XML_F52E.......> </articles> </NewDataSet> Now in my xslt i can do a for-each select="//articles" and it will give me one item, but i'm not able to get past the <XML_.... tag. If i try select="//sm_articles" i don't get errors, like its returning an empty node. so my question is what is the <XML_.... tag all about and how do i get past it? If i manually take that tag out then my Xml control works fine with my xsl stylesheet, but i have to build these xml files on the fly from sql server. Thanks for your time! "dSchwartz" <schwartz@cableone.net> wrote in message news:4ae1ece2.0403051414.65c4edf7@posting.google.com... > I'm creating xml files from a dataset: > myDataSet.WriteXml(m_XmlFile, XmlWriteMode.IgnoreSchema); Where are you getting the XML in the DataSet from? That looks like the column header that is returne...

php and xml
hi, this is a bit of an advice thing. iv just finished a degree in multimedia, where i learned the usuals... html flash director javascript i also learned php and i have been told that i should get to grips with xml as this combination is verry useful so iv been messing arround with xml for the past couple of days trying to figure out how the two would work together. i just cant grasp the idea.. on thought i have had is that you could use php with a database to generate xml but surely that would not be parsed as xml as it would have the .php extension.. as i say im strugling to get this ...

php and xml
newbie to this topic... I'm currently using php4.3.... which library is better to manipulate xml document in php language? how 'bout PEAR? tks laura ...

PHP with XML

XML to XML
I have a gnucash file that I'm trying to transform into an identical XML file without the invoices. I've been at this for a while now. The gnucash file is in XML and the element I'm looking into is: <gnc:transaction> I want to ignore those that contain <slot:key>gncInvoice</slot:key> which is a child of slot which is a child of slots which is a child of transactions. Any help you're willing to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Classic application for XSLT. Start with the identity transformation, then add a template which matches the ones you want to treat specially and yields no output. From your description that would be match="gnc:transaction[transactions/slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with the namespaces declared appropriately in the stylesheet. (That looks like a somewhat unlikely markup design to me, but since I haven't played with gnucash at all I'm taking your word for it.) -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry Actually, from the Relax-NG schema for gnucash, it looks like it should be more like "gnc:transaction[trn:slots/slot/slot:key='gncInvoice']" with gnc:, trn:, and slot: all bound to the appropriate namespace URIs. The fact that some of their elements -- eg <slot> -- aren't in any namespace is probably left over from a pre-namespaces initial design, as is their now-brok...

XML PHP
I am fairly familiar with PHP and MYSQL and I know a little about XML. I would like to know if it is possible to do queries on XML similar to the way that you do queries on MYSQL and then use the results. An example of a simple PHP/MYSQL setup. <?php $user="username"; $host="sqlserver"; $password="password"; $database="database"; $connection = mysql_connect($host,$user,$password) or die ("Couldn't connect to the server"); $db = mysql_select_db($database,$connection) or die ("Couldn't connect to the server"); $query = "SELECT * FROM database WHERE(Criteria)"; $result = mysql_query($query) or die ("Couldn't execute query."); while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { extract($row); echo"Set of instructions to carry out for each row in the result"; } ?> The question is, is it possible to do similar things with PHP/XML? Lets say that I have an XML file located at a certain URL and I want to run a query on it and use the results. 1. Is it possible? 2. What is the easiest way to do it? 3. How would I translate the above code to work with XML? 4. Is ther resource on the web on how to structure the queries? Any help is much appreciated. Rgds Joe On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:08...

XML or not XML?
I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. A lot of this in new ground, and much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. My question though involves whether or nor to employ XML. I did some XML a few years back, but don't typically bother anymore. As I see it XML is great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that other developers can easily interface. I.E. like a bank statement that may feed a variety of applications developed by a variety of clients. However, if I am developing an integrated solution that doesn't need that kind of ubiquity it just seems to add a layer of unnecessary complexity without any added benefit. I would like to hear some opinions on the pros and cons of using XML for PHP MySQL apps. On Dec 9, 9:54=A0am, William Gill <nore...@example.com> wrote: > I am developing a simple MySQL database editor, and am looking into > creating an PHP/AJAX app as the GUI. =A0A lot of this in new ground, and > much more is dusting off things I haven't used in a while. =A0My question > though involves whether or nor to employ XML. =A0I did some XML a few > years back, but don't typically bother anymore. =A0As I see it XML is > great when I need to have an app with a standard data presentation that > other developers can easily interface. =A0I.E. like a bank statement that > may feed a variety of applications...

dumping xml and xsl for PHP and MySQL
I currently create sites using xml and xsl to produce .html files. I'm thinking about using PHP and MySQL instead for performance reasons. Is there a way of using PHP to create a set of .html files in batch that can then be hosted on a server? The server in question doesn't necessarily support PHP. Thanks in advance, David davids58@gmail.com wrote: > I currently create sites using xml and xsl to produce .html files. I'm > thinking about using PHP and MySQL instead for performance reasons. Is > there a way of using PHP to create a set of .html files in batch that > can then be hosted on a server? The server in question doesn't > necessarily support PHP. > > Thanks in advance, > David All depends on what hat kind of data you're using. If it's static, I would just write out straight (X)HTML and use CSS to style it. What kind of data are you wanting to use MySQL to store? If you're looking to create separate components (say header, footer, sidebar) and then inject them into each page, then you can write those as HTML files, and in each php page require_once( 'header.html' ); require_once( 'body.html'); ..... No, I'm talking about a technical specification encompassing thousand's of pages. David davids58@gmail.com wrote: > No, I'm talking about a technical specification encompassing thousand's > of pages. > > David > David, You could generate them statically and uploa...

Php into XML

Adressing node element when parsing xml with PHP and simple XML
I need to get the elements under this XML top structure using simplexml: <PKT> - <Result Name="GetTopWinnersForLastXMinutes" Success="1"> - <Returnset> - <Winner> I am trying to get the elements, associate them in one variable and foreach them under <Winner> like this: foreach($xml->Result.Returnset.Winner as $Winner) But the resulting page is blank. Could anyone please give me a hint? On 28 Nov 2009, Nosferatum <john.olav.o@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to get the elements under this XML top structure using > simplexml: > <PKT> > - <Result Name="GetTopWinnersForLastXMinutes" Success="1"> > - <Returnset> > - <Winner> > > I am trying to get the elements, associate them in one variable > and foreach them under <Winner> like this: > foreach($xml->Result.Returnset.Winner as $Winner) foreach ($xml->Result->Returnset->Winner as $Winner) { /* ... */ } > But the resulting page is blank. Could anyone please give me a > hint? In addition to the above, you can use XPath: <?php /* instantiate a SimpleXMLElement object ... */ $result = $xml->xpath('Result/Returnset/Winner'); foreach ($result as $node) { /* ... */ } ?> -- Curtis Dyer <? $x='<? $x=%c%s%c;printf($x,39,$x,39);?>';printf($x,39,$x,39);?&...

Installing DOM XML on Apache / PHP
Hi, I am having trouble installing DOM XML with apache and PHP (as a module). When I read tutorials it says that all I have to do is uncomment the line: ;extension=php_domxml.dll (not got the code to hand but its something like this) ...in php.ini When I try to restart apche it says that it cannot find the file even though I have the correct path to the extentions folder (C:/php/extensions) in php.ini and the file is present. What else besides getting the extensions folder correct and uncommenting the above line? Cheers Burnsy Well, anyone? On 2 Sep 2005 13:00:47 -0700, bissatch@yahoo.co.uk wrote: >Well, anyone? Anyone what? Please quote context properly. http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.lang.c/msg/795a9799ff2ad722?hl=en -- Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool On 29 Aug 2005 12:32:28 -0700, bissatch@yahoo.co.uk wrote: >I am having trouble installing DOM XML with apache and PHP (as a >module). > >When I read tutorials it says that all I have to do is uncomment the >line: > >;extension=php_domxml.dll (not got the code to hand but its something >like this) > >..in php.ini > >When I try to restart apche it says that it cannot find the file even >though I have the correct path to the extentions folder >(C:/php/extensions) in php.ini and the file is present. > >What else besides getting the extensions folder correc...

PHP XML-XML curl function not working. Please help

Transforming an XML with XSL. Encoding problems
Hi. I have this XML and XSL: SALDO.XML ========= <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="saldo.xsl" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?> <Operacion tipo="Saldo Tarjetas" res="ERROR"> <Datos/> <CodError>2</CodError> <Descripcion>El n�mero de d�gitos de la tarjeta ha de ser 4</Descripcion> </Operacion> SALDO.XSL ========= <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" /> <xsl:template match="/"> <CiscoIPPhoneText> <Text> <xsl:choose> <xsl:when test="Datos == ''"> <xsl:value-of select="Descripcion"/> </xsl:when> <xsl:otherwise> <xsl:value-of select="Datos"/> </xsl:otherwise> </xsl:choose> </Text> </CiscoIPPhoneText> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet> My problem is that when I�ve tried to open SALDO.XML in Internet Explorer, all I have is a parser error in "<Descripcion>El n�" How can I do for making the transformation? I�ve tried different encoding but I hadn�t have any result thanks OKI wrote: > Hi. > > I have this XML and XSL: > > SALDO.XML > ========= > <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="saldo.xsl" > encoding="iso-...

PHP XML XSL HTML Form
Hello all, I am working on a generic (php) script to produce (X)HTML Forms through XML and XSL based on field-definitions stored in a database. The basic way i did HTML-forms in PHP was like this: http://212.204.203.71/test/simpleform/simpleform.php source: http://212.204.203.71/test/syntax/simpleform.php This basic form is validated when it is submitted to itself... if validation fails then an error message is created and displayed on the page...otherwise validation is ok and we can do some inserting in the database and/or redirect to another page. Remark: the fields that are filled will be automaically filled in if the page is submitted to itself (that will be my problem in the XML/XSL version of this script). Now we go over to the XML/XSL version of the script above: I therefore created an XML file (holding the field definitions) see: http://212.204.203.71/test/xmlform/form.xml And further i created an XSL file to transform the XML file into a HTML form. see: http://212.204.203.71/test/xmlform/form.xsl Then i used a file form.php to put the XML and XSL together using some PHP xslt functions: http://212.204.203.71/test/xmlform/form.php source: http://212.204.203.71/test/syntax/form.php This all works fine but now the problem. I am looking for a concept of how to get the formfields filled in again after submitting the form because in XSL this is not as easy as with my basic form. I tried to send firstname and lastname as parameters in the function call and to put th...

problem to open a distant XML file in PHP
Hi, I try to open a distant (not local) XML file in PHP to read an RSS feed. I can open an HTML page and read it with the file() function. But as soon as I try with a RSS feed instead of HTML and I try to read or open with file() or fopen(), it doesn't work, I have the following errors : Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: php_hostconnect: connect failed in D:\test.php on line 10 Warning: fopen(http://www.clubic.com/xml/news.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Bad file descriptor in D:\test.php on line 10 In my phpinfo, the parameters are like this : PHP Version 4.3.1 Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, compress.zlib allow_url_fopen On On XML Support active XML Namespace Support active EXPAT Version 1.95.2 My source file is : <?php $fichier_xml = "http://www.clubic.com/xml/news.xml"; $file = fopen($fichier_xml,"r"); ?> Could someone help me ? Thanks. (Sorry for my "frenchynglish") On Feb 13, 11:35 am, Claire DURAND <claidur...@NOSPAMyahoo.fr> wrote: > Hi, > > I try to open a distant (not local) XML file in PHP to read an RSS feed. > > I can open an HTML page and read it with the file() function. > > But as soon as I try with a RSS feed instead of HTML and I try to read > or open with file() or fopen(), it doesn't work, I have the following > errors : > > Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: php_hostconnect: connect failed in > D:\test.php on line 10 > > W...

Transforming an XML with XSL. Encoding problems #2
[...]

Web resources about - OpenVMS + PHP +XSL + DOM XML problem --> (cannot load/transform XML) - comp.lang.php

Fourier transform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Fourier transform , named for Joseph Fourier , is a mathematical transform with many applications in physics and engineering . Very commonly, ...

Amir Arjomand-A Regime Facing a Legitimacy Crisis Will Transform Dialogue Over a Drying Lake Into A Matter ...
Banooye Sabz hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Amir Arjomand-A Regime Facing a Legitimacy Crisis Will Transform Dialogue Over a Drying Lake Into A ...

➚ Trevor sez, "Friday and Saturday night, design collective The Mission Business transforms Toronto's ...
Trevor sez, "Friday and Saturday night, design collective The Mission Business transforms Toronto's Evergreen Brick Works into an end of the ...

35 Quotes To Transform Yourself Into A Leader
Leadership is a tricky thing. Is it innate or learned? Who needs it the most? What traits define a strong leader?The fact of the matter is that ...

Uber, Airbnb, what technology is next to transform our lives
DIGITAL technology has quickly knocked some of the world’s biggest businesses off their perches and will soon make more radical changes to our ...

Roger Ballen's Theatre of the Mind transforms Callan Park into stuff of nightmares
Artist Roger Ballen wants to give you nightmares with his confronting installation in the dungeons of a former asylum.

Poll: If the rumors are true, will the redesigned antenna lines transform the iPhone 7’s looks?
Let’s face it, whatever anyone thinks about the rest of the iPhone 6 / 6s design, those antenna lines running across the back of the phone have ...

Sierra Leone Poised to Transform Renewable Energy Sector With Strengthened Public and Private Sector ...
... Leone has received a $300,000 grant from the Climate Investment Funds (CIF) to prepare a far-reaching national Investment Plan (IP) to transform ...

6 Videos That Will Transform How You Think About Feminism
#Femvertising ads globally are getting their girl on. Remember Always’ “Like a Girl” ad ? Sports England’s “This Girl Can” ad ? Pop culture icons ...

This window transforms into a balcony
With the push of a button, this Bloomframe window transforms into a fully functional balcony. C reated by HofmanDujardin , an Amsterdam-based ...