Php constants in php.ini

I am trying to set user_agent = PHP_VERSION in php.ini.  In my php.ini
the instructions say that you can use constants in the php.ini file.
The only constants I can get to work, though, are the error level
constants like E_ALL, E_ERROR, E_WARNING, etc., ...

Is anyone aware of some sort of trick to getting others to work?

(I was thinking it would be nice to have the user agent string used by
my Php scripts to use PHP_VERSION in the string.)

--
*****************************
 Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > &l...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something li...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importanc...

where is php.ini for the PHP CLI binary?
#!/bin/php <?php echo "hello, world!"; ?> That produces the following: PHP Warning: Directive 'register_globals' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Directive 'register_long_arrays' is deprecated in PHP 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0 hello, world! I'd like to update my php.ini file to make those errors go away but don't know where it is. Any ideas as to how I could go about finding it? yawnmoth wrote: > #!/bin/php > <?php > echo "hello, world!"; > ?> > > That produces the ...

PHP on a MacOS sever. Where is php.ini?
I have a client who is using a Mac OSX server. I'm logged in now, but I cannot find php.ini. Is the file called something different on a Mac? I need to locate the variable for max_uploads and increase the size. -- [ Sugapablo ] [ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music ] [ http://www.sugapablo.net <--personal ] [ sugapablo@12jabber.com <--jabber IM ] Sugapablo wrote: > I have a client who is using a Mac OSX server. I'm logged in now, but I > cannot find php.ini. Is the file called something different on a Mac? > > I need to ...

Does a lower php.ini replace an upper php.ini in the directory tree ? Activation in .htaccess necessary ?
As far as I know I can override the php settings for a certain branch of the whole directory tree by putting a additional, new php.ini in this directory. Is this true ? If I assign in this new php.ini only a new value to 1 (!) php variable are then all the other php parameter values taken from the next php.ini when I go towards the root of the directory tree? Or - otherwise - are default built-in values from PHP taken in this case ? Do I have to do something else to activate this new php.ini (e.g. specify something in the ..htaccess file) ? Lars Greetings, Lars Willich. In reply to Your ...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

php can't load php.ini
Hi people! It seems to be that php 5.3.2 can't load the php.ini file. And I don't know why. Can anybody help me?! Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /usr/local/lib okay, there I copied the "php.ini" file, and Loaded Configuration File => (none) tells me, not loading... even I checked the access rights of the file. For any ideas thank you in advance Tamer Tamer Higazi wrote: > Hi people! > It seems to be that php 5.3.2 can't load the php.ini file. And I don't > know why. Can anybody help me?! > > Configuration File...

PHP is looking for php.ini file in c:\windows
As the installation txt suggests, I have left my php.ini file inside the c:\php directory... but running phpinfo() shows that my php.ini file is in c:\windows as shown below. Configuration File (php.ini path) - C:\WINDOWS Well there is no php.ini file in my windows directory, so I'm not sure where it's getting it's configuration settings from... unless I suppose they're built into the executable somewhere if no php.ini file is found. My questions is - why php is not locating my php.ini file that is located in the c:\php directory? I'd rather not move it to the windows dir...

unix / php 4.4.0 / php.ini ?
hi all, i cant find php.ini in upgraded php from 4.3.7 ?!?!? where the hell is it ? the prefix is new but there is no lib directory /usr/local/php-4.4.0/ On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:25:48 +0200, g0c wrote: > where the hell is it ? find / -name "php.ini" -- JDS | jeffrey@example.invalid | http://www.newtnotes.com DJMBS | http://newtnotes.com/doctor-jeff-master-brainsurgeon/ On 2005-08-08, g0c <REMOVEg0c@msn.com> wrote: > hi all, > i cant find php.ini in upgraded php from 4.3.7 ?!?!? > where the hell is it ? > the prefix is new but there is no li...

PHP games to learn PHP
Hi, I am learning PHP, but it can be kind of boring. Are there any games where you use PHP programming to play the game? This way you learn how to use PHP and it is fun. Does anybody know? Nick "Nick Mudge" wrote > I am learning PHP, but it can be kind of boring. Are there any games where > you use PHP programming to play the game? This way you learn how to use > PHP and it is fun. Does anybody know? Yes. Write something (a game, for example) in PHP. To make it even more entertaining, you could add a touch of javascript. Ivo "Ivo" <no@thank.you> w...

PHP with Indian PHP Developers
Dear all, If you want to make a PHP web application, or need to <a href="http:// www.virtueinfo.com/php-developers/hire-php-programmers-developers-india.htm">Hire PHP Developer</a>contact a leading <a href="http://www.virtueinfo.com/ php-developers/php-web-development.htm"> PHP Web Development Compnay</ a> <a href="http://www.virtueinfo.com/php-developers/php-web-programming- php-developers-india.htm">Offshore PHP web development India</a> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 01:37:02 -0800 (PST), Virtue Info wrote: > Dear all, > >...

php://memory and php://temp
http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php per the documentation: php://memory and php://temp are both listed under "Allows Appending" what am I missing / what's the point? They only seem to work with read/write modes such as fopen('php://memory','rw'); closing the handle, or trying to open another handle without closing the first essentially erase the contents... so what's the point of fopen('php://memory','a') ? you'll a) be appending nothing, b) no way to read what you just wrote? sure would be nice if you could $fh = fopen('php...

Web resources about - Php constants in php.ini - comp.lang.php

Stefan–Boltzmann constant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "CODATA Value: Stefan-Boltzmann constant" . The NIST Reference on Constants, Units, and Uncertainty . US National Institute of Standards and ...

Generation ranked: GPY&R research finds constant tracking of today's teens
When advertising and marketing firm GPY&amp;R delved into the lives of 14- to 17-year-olds, they discovered a generation driven by metric analysis ...

Evasion the only constant in tax changes
The purpose of raising the GST by 5 per cent % is to raise additional revenue and reduce the budget deficit (&quot;GST rise shown to hit poorest ...

Rising bank returns 'not a constant of the universe': Glenn Stevens
RBA governor Glenn Stevens told bank shareholders to prepare for a future of lower returns, saying rising returns cannot "simply be accepted ...

Stations on SoundCloud provide a constant stream of tunes
... want to take a look at Apple no longer streaming iTunes Radio for free . SoundCloud - Music & Audio Stations on SoundCloud provide a constant ...

2.9M Drone Shipments, Constant Sensing Among CES Tech Trends
The annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas always kicks off with a couple of overview sessions for press at the Mandalay Bay hotel, covering ...

James Middleton: ‘As a businessman I am reported as a constant failure’
... success. You can read the full piece here . Some highlights: James wants to be taken seriously: “As a businessman I am reported as a constant ...

Ben Carson, Glenn Beck, and the Constant Effort to Rewrite History
People like Cleon Skousen will always be able to make a buck in America, because people like Carson and Beck will believe him. They just need ...

'Arrow' Star Colton Haynes Opens Up About Life-Long Battle With 'Intense Anxiety': 'It's Been a Constant ...
'Arrow' Star Colton Haynes Opens Up About Life-Long Battle With 'Intense Anxiety': 'It's Been a Constant Struggle'

Frederic Kerrest on Building Business by Maintaining a Constant Dialogue with Customers
... for the company and its customers. Frederic shared valuable insights on building a business, understanding customers, and maintaining a constant ...