PHP does not parse .PHP files

I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help.

With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example,  if I type
"php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system.

If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access
it through the browser, I get the content of the file  and not the
execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the
text of the file as:

<?php
	phpinfo();
?>

Why?
Thanks
0
peter_ho98 (11)

Phong Ho wrote:

>I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help.
>
>With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example,  if I type
>"php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system.
>
>If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access
>it through the browser, I get the content of the file  and not the
>execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the
>text of the file as:
>
><?php
>	phpinfo();
>?>
>

>Why?
>Thanks

Do you have a webserver such as Apache running on the machine where
you expect this to happen?  Because it's the webserver, not the
browser, that needs to know about php.  The browser only does html.

Margaret
--
(To mail me, please change .not.invalid to .net, first.
Apologies for the inconvenience.)
"Phong Ho" wrote:
 > I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help.
 >
 > With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example,  if I
type
 > "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system.
 >
 > If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to
access
 > it through the browser, I get the content of the file  and not the
 > execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got
the
 > text of the file as:
 >
 > <?php
 > 	phpinfo();
 > ?>
 >

 > Why?
 > Thanks

Is that directory in the path of your webserver�s htdocs directory?
CLI is not sensitive to this, but php executed as a webpage is.

--
http://www.dbForumz.com/  This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.dbForumz.com/PHP-parse-files-ftopict131346.html
Phong Ho wrote:
> I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help.
>
> With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example,  if I type
> "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system.
>
> If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access
> it through the browser, I get the content of the file  and not the
> execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the
> text of the file as:
>
><?php
> 	phpinfo();
> ?>
>

> Why?

You have to access the file through your /correctly configured/ server

    http://localhost/phpinfo.php

and not through the file system

    *this does not work*
    file:///var/www/html/phpinfo.php

--
USENET would be a better place if everybody read:   | to email me: use |
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html  | my name in "To:" |

When I try to access to my test file through the browser
using http://localhost/phpinfo.php

I got:
<?php
 phpinfo();
?>

Basically, Apache is sending the .php file without interpreting it
first.

I look at my httpd.conf file, I do have the right setting:

LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

I suspect  Apache fails to load the libphp4.so at startup. How do I
verify that
Apache did load libphp4.so? I believe I have to use ld command but I
am not sure!!

I use Apache 2.0.x and php.4.3.x

Thanks

Pedro Graca <hexkid@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<slrncfqh2p.1od.hexkid@ID-203069.user.uni-berlin.de>...
> Phong Ho wrote:
> > I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help.
> >
> > With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example,  if I type
> > "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system.
> >
> > If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access
> > it through the browser, I get the content of the file  and not the
> > execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the
> > text of the file as:
> >
> ><?php
> > 	phpinfo();
> > ?>
> >

> > Why?
>
> You have to access the file through your /correctly configured/ server
>
>     http://localhost/phpinfo.php
>
> and not through the file system
>
>     *this does not work*
>     file:///var/www/html/phpinfo.php
0
peter_ho98 (11)
7/21/2004 5:01:19 AM
--Signature=_Wed__21_Jul_2004_07_13_19_+0200_cjU=2bOgErCQXKvm

On 20 Jul 2004 22:01:19 -0700
peter_ho98@yahoo.com (Phong Ho) wrote:

> Let me clarify this. The path of my Apache webserver is  at
> /var/www/html and I have a .php test  file in this directory.
>
> When I try to access to my test file through the browser
> using http://localhost/phpinfo.php
>
> I got:
> <?php
>  phpinfo();
> ?>
>
> Basically, Apache is sending the .php file without interpreting it
> first.
>
> I look at my httpd.conf file, I do have the right setting:
>
> LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
>
> I suspect  Apache fails to load the libphp4.so at startup. How do I
> verify that
> Apache did load libphp4.so? I believe I have to use ld command but I
> am not sure!!
>
> I use Apache 2.0.x and php.4.3.x

Have you remembered to restart apache after changing the configuration?
If apache can't load the php-module it'll complain at startup I
believe...

	Madsen

--
 Anders K. Madsen --- http://lillesvin.linux.dk

"There are 10 types of people in the world.
 Those who understand binary - and those who don't."

--Signature=_Wed__21_Jul_2004_07_13_19_+0200_cjU=2bOgErCQXKvm

--Signature=_Wed__21_Jul_2004_07_13_19_+0200_cjU=2bOgErCQXKvm--
0
madsen915 (50)
7/21/2004 5:13:19 AM
Of course, I use apachectl stop,  start and restart. Apache does not
complain about anything.
Does anyone have Apache 2.0.x, php.4.3.x and MySQL 4.0.x on Fedora 1.0
to work properly?
Thanks

"Anders K. Madsen" <madsen@lillesvin.linux.dk> wrote in message news:<20040721071319.7eda0008@lapsvin>...
> On 20 Jul 2004 22:01:19 -0700
> peter_ho98@yahoo.com (Phong Ho) wrote:
>
> > Let me clarify this. The path of my Apache webserver is  at
> > /var/www/html and I have a .php test  file in this directory.
> >
> > When I try to access to my test file through the browser
> > using http://localhost/phpinfo.php
> >
> > I got:
> > <?php
> >  phpinfo();
> > ?>
> >
> > Basically, Apache is sending the .php file without interpreting it
> > first.
> >
> > I look at my httpd.conf file, I do have the right setting:
> >
> > LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
> >
> > I suspect  Apache fails to load the libphp4.so at startup. How do I
> > verify that
> > Apache did load libphp4.so? I believe I have to use ld command but I
> > am not sure!!
> >
> > I use Apache 2.0.x and php.4.3.x
> >

> Have you remembered to restart apache after changing the configuration?
> If apache can't load the php-module it'll complain at startup I
> believe...
>
> 	Madsen
0
peter_ho98 (11)
7/21/2004 6:17:39 PM
Fedora uses by default the httpd.conf in /etc/httpd/conf . It does not
use the httpd.conf in /usr/local/apache2/conf as I thought.

"Anders K. Madsen" <madsen@lillesvin.linux.dk> wrote in message news:<20040721071319.7eda0008@lapsvin>...
> On 20 Jul 2004 22:01:19 -0700
> peter_ho98@yahoo.com (Phong Ho) wrote:
>
> > Let me clarify this. The path of my Apache webserver is  at
> > /var/www/html and I have a .php test  file in this directory.
> >
> > When I try to access to my test file through the browser
> > using http://localhost/phpinfo.php
> >
> > I got:
> > <?php
> >  phpinfo();
> > ?>
> >
> > Basically, Apache is sending the .php file without interpreting it
> > first.
> >
> > I look at my httpd.conf file, I do have the right setting:
> >
> > LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
> >
> > I suspect  Apache fails to load the libphp4.so at startup. How do I
> > verify that
> > Apache did load libphp4.so? I believe I have to use ld command but I
> > am not sure!!
> >
> > I use Apache 2.0.x and php.4.3.x
> >

> Have you remembered to restart apache after changing the configuration?
> If apache can't load the php-module it'll complain at startup I
> believe...
>
> 	Madsen
0
peter_ho98 (11)

Parsing a php include (which also contains php code)
Hello, I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the include. Rather, it included the file as just plain ASCII. ======================= /*EXAMPLE 1*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/footer.inc') ?> .... /*footer.inc*/ .... <p>&copy 1993-<?php echo date("Y") ?> Kingswood School. All rights reserved.</p> .... /*EXAMPLE 2*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/lastmod.php') ?> .... /*lastmod.php*/ .... <?php echo "This file was last modified: "; echo strftime("%A %B %d %Y"); include('whateverfilename.inc'); ?> ============================= I would like to be able to parse the include if it has php code, and in some cases, create nesting includes (an include within an include). Is this even possible? Any ideas? Any help is certainly appreciated. Thanks! Steven Borrelli Web Developer Kingswood School Steven Borrelli wrote: > Hello, > > I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for > organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some > PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the > include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the in...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

I need to create html files from php files using php
I am very new to PHP, although I have been using ASP for a few years. I use a product in ASP called ASPTear, it's a small dll that my hosting company happens to have loaded. Basically you can set up a function that you can pass an ASP page to and it will read the ASP and write out an HTML file. I use this to save load on the server and speed up my site, I have a few include files that look up data and then present it, this data does not change very often, so I run a routine called rebuildhtml.asp that will call a few ASP files and create HTML versions. I am now converting the site to PHP as I want to use mod_rewrite, what I need is a routine that I can pass a php file to and end up with an HTML version. For example rewrite(somefile.php) Will create somefile.html I am sure this can't be too difficult, but as a newbie I cannot find out how to do it. Any help appriciated. Dennis Dennis wrote: > what > I need is a routine that I can pass a php file to and end up with an > HTML version. > > For example > > rewrite(somefile.php) http://www.php.net/ob_start Happy Coding :-) -- USENET would be a better place if everybody read: | to mail me: simply | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html | "reply" to this post, | http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html | *NO* MIME, plain text | http://www.expita.com/nomime.html | and *NO* attachments. | Dennis wrote: > I am now converti...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

How to invoke remote php file from php?
Hi, I have a local php file and I need to get info back from php file on the server. How do I invoke remote a php? I can access this remote php thru a simple url and it prints some info on the web page. How do I get this info back to store as a variable in local php? Regards, Alex. Alex wrote: > Hi, I have a local php file and I need to get info back from php file > on the server. How do I invoke remote a php? I can access this remote > php thru a simple url and it prints some info on the web page. How do I > get this info back to store as a variable in local php? > > Regards, > Alex. > See example 16-11 here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php Alex wrote: > > I have a local php file and I need to get info back from php file > on the server. How do I invoke remote a php? I can access this remote > php thru a simple url and it prints some info on the web page. How do I > get this info back to store as a variable in local php? $info = file_get_contents('http://remoteserver.com/script.php'); Cheers, NC Carl & NC, Thank you very much!!! Both examples work great. Not precisely sure what you mean, something simple like this might do what you want: $contents = file_get_contents('http://www.site.com/alexs_page.php?param=1&id=2'); NC wrote: > Alex wrote: > >>I have a local php file and I need to get info back from php file >>on the server. How do I invoke remote a php? I...

When does the php interpreter loads the php file?
Hi All, I'm wondering three facts about php, apache and apache module. 1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a apache module or as cgi? 2.When does the php interpretor loads the php file to main memory? 3.and till when it keeps the php file on memory? - in my experience only after installing Zend it caches the php file. Thak you *** Kim Gijung wrote/escribi� (20 Oct 2004 00:03:35 -0700): > 1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a > apache module or as cgi? If I recall correctly phpinfo() calls it "Server API". > 2.When does the php interpretor loads the php file to main memory? In a web page, when the file is requested. In a command line script, when the file is executed. > 3.and till when it keeps the php file on memory? Until the execution ends. > - in my experience only after installing Zend it caches the php > file. Right, if you aren't using a cache the file is not cached. -- -- �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain -- Thank you for not e-mailing me your questions -- ...

Quoting PHP code in a .php file???

Modify a php file(model) with php
I have an invoice model on my server! and i want to replace some field(like adresse, phone, price, VAT, ....) do you know a tools or class that allows those kind of manipulations Thanks you Yoni Yoni Alhadeff a �crit : > I have an invoice model on my server! and i want to replace some field(like > adresse, phone, price, VAT, ....) > > do you know a tools or class that allows those kind of manipulations > > Thanks you > > Yoni > > Couldn't you replace field with var and have them set when including your template (it become one in fact) ? I didn't understand good! I'm french speaker :p how can i replace field by var ? with a pdf that I make once at home! in my pdf i have line like this Adress: [Adr] Phone : [Tel] Number: [NBR] Article: [Article] And u want to replace the field under bracket! Thanks you Yoni "manu" <manu@netou.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 420e01ef$0$617$636a15ce@news.free.fr... > Yoni Alhadeff a �crit : > > I have an invoice model on my server! and i want to replace some field(like > > adresse, phone, price, VAT, ....) > > > > do you know a tools or class that allows those kind of manipulations > > > > Thanks you > > > > Yoni > > > > > Couldn't you replace field with var and have them set when including > your template (it become one in fact) ? ...

php assembly of multiple php files
I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for each form to be included within the shell. The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but with multiple files? When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to the Main calling page? Thank you, QB Question Boy wrote: > I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. > > Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for > each form to be included within the shell. > > The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms > the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as > NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was > submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php > file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but > with multiple files? > > When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to > the Main calling page? > > Thank you, > > QB This has nothing to do with PHP - it's how HTML works. The browser will only send the data for the form being subm...

want to get content of one php file in another php file
i have one php file having content Contents of ex1.php file <body> <?php $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; $handle = fopen($content, "r"); echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); ?> </body> this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of abc.php file content of abc.php file is <?php echo "hello";?> sarika wrote: > i have one php file having content > > Contents of ex1.php file > <body> > <?php > $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; > $handle = fopen($content, "r"); > echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); > ?> > </body> > this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo > statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of > abc.php file > > content of abc.php file is > <?php echo "hello";?> That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's hiding <?php ?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags scripts (on a server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by visitors who don't know about this browser trick, until the dev' realizes his error. Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's still not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered source. And now we don't know how ...

Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file
Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file? I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included into a PHP file using <script src="filename.js></script> This code initialises a Javascript variable var u="string"; The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST So, when initialise this variable like var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js files? aa wrote: > Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php > file? > > I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included > into a PHP file using > <script src="filename.js></script> > > This code initialises a Javascript variable > var u="string"; > > The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST > > So, when initialise this variable like > > var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; > > I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error > > Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js > files? js files are not parsed for PHP code unless you specifically tell the webserver to do so. Therefore, "var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>;" in the .js will error since the browser doesn't know what to do. -- Justin Koivisto - spam@koiv...

Open .php file with PHP Designer 2007 by clicking the file in XP
In windows XP, I want to be able to click on a .php file and have it opened in PHP Designer 2007, Or right-click on it and have an "edit" menu option presented to me. I know how to tweak the registry to do this in general, but what would the command line look like in this specific case ? PHP Designer does not do this automatically. It is as if the program does not allow commandline options. It only opens with the last file used or a menu of recently opened files. ...

Upgraded php, lost php file association
Hi, I just upgraded my php but ran into a problem. Never seen this before. Somehow it seems I lost php file association. When I do a http://localhost/something.php I get a prompt for dowload of a file. I went to folder options, and changed file associations so that ".php" is associated with php interpreter, but still get the same problem. I am missing someting obvious. Can someone help. Thanks. -- http://www.dbForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards Topic URL: http://www.dbForumz.com/PHP-Upgraded-lost-file-association-ftopict138694.html Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.dbForumz.com/eform.php?p=463590 Upgraded PHP from what version to what version? What OS? What webserver? The fact that your web server (Apache, I presume) is trying to download your ..php files instead of interpreting them points to an Apache problem, not a file association problem in Windows (I assume). You must check your Apache httpd.conf file and check that the 'LoadModule' entry is pointing to the right place. For php 4 I use LoadModule php4_module f:/php4/sapi/php4apache2.dll For php 5 I use LoadModule php5_module f:/php5/php5apache2.dll HTH. -- Tony Marston http://www.tonymarston.net "steve" <UseLinkToEmail@dbForumz.com> wrote in message news:411a4b58$1_2@news.athenanews.com... > Hi, > I just upgraded my php b...

SSI Including PHP File Within PHP File Causes Seg Fault and Crash
Can somebody concur or verify the following? I'm having this problem on all of my installations. I've got Apache 2.0.40 and PHP 4.2.2 installed and configured from RedHat RPMs. Nothing out of the ordinary. In the httpd.conf file, PHP files are called with the following: <Files *.php> SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES SetInputFilter PHP LimitRequestBody 524288 </Files> I create two files as follows: /test1.php <!--#include virtaul="/test2.php" --> and /test2.php Testing 1 2 3 By going to http://host/test1.php, it may or may not display the file contents of test2.php. Usually (9/10 times) I get a seg fault in the error log. If I change the filename of test.php to test.html and include that, it works fine. I've tried this on various versions of both Apache and PHP up to the most recent CVS versions and still get the same results. If somebody can help me out or concur my problem, I would much appreciate it. Arthur don't try to treat a .php file as an .shtml just do this <?php include("test2.php"); ?> -- Mike Bradley http://www.gzentools.com -- free online php tools "Arthur M. Kang" <arthur@levelogic.com> wrote in message news:UABWb.39235$QJ3.24102@fed1read04... > Can somebody concur or verify the following? I'm having this problem on all > of my installations. > > I've got Apache 2.0.40 and PHP 4.2.2 installed and configured from RedHat > RPMs. Nothin...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22
Hi, Guys=EF=BC=8Cwhen I run my site ,I got some errors: Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR \Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path=3D'F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files \PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 It appears that it cann't find the pear.php ,but i checked my dir,and this file was there,and also I have my php.ini file checked,the include_path=3Dinclude_path=3D".;F:\Program Files\PHP\pear;F:\www \include" ,it looks all right,was there anything I have missed in the config file?Or something wrong ? Wish somebody can help me out. Thanks, Mikay >Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to >open stream: No such file or directory in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR >\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 >Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening >required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files >\PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 So where is the pear.php file? >It appears that it cann't find the pear.php ,but i checked my dir,and >this file was there,and also I have my php.ini file checked,the >include_path=include_path=".;F:\Program Files\PHP\pear;F:\www >\include" ,it looks all right,was there anything I have missed in the >config...

Why are my PHP files are not being executed (PHP keywords/syntax being ignored)
I have been hosting a website on the same server for roughly 2 years. The entire site is based on a group of PHP scripts. Today, without changing a thing, the server stopped recognizing all PHP keywords and syntax. When I use firefox, the page simply displays a text/plain version of my source code. When I use IE, the page loads as text/html, however, all lines of PHP code (between "<?" and "?>") are displayed as text. My assumption is that my host has stopped providing PHP extensions. Can anybody confirm this or give me another explanation? All help is greatly appreciated! -JR >I have been hosting a website on the same server for roughly 2 years. >The entire site is based on a group of PHP scripts. Today, without >changing a thing, the server stopped recognizing all PHP keywords and >syntax. When I use firefox, the page simply displays a text/plain >version of my source code. When I use IE, the page loads as text/html, >however, all lines of PHP code (between "<?" and "?>") are displayed as >text. > >My assumption is that my host has stopped providing PHP extensions. >Can anybody confirm this or give me another explanation? > >All help is greatly appreciated! Your files are not being treated as PHP, but as text. It is possible that the Apache directive to treat .php files as PHP got lost. (It's possible this was in one of YOUR .htaccess files, rather than the Apache config...

Single PHP file
Hi All, Hoping for some direction here (I have searched, without avail, for a solution already). I was toying with trying to find a way whereby I could have a single PHP file, and then specify whether to either see the processed output or the source code by using the extensions php and phps (respectively). So, with one file called "theFile.php" on the server, going to "www.server.com/theFile.php" would show the end result of the php actions, whereas going to "www.server.com/theFile.phps" would show the actual content of the file itself. I thought this could be done by modifying the htaccess file as follows: AddType application/x-httpd-php-source phps RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.+)\.phps$ $1.php However this does not work: - if a *.php file exists, then accessing *.php or *.phps returns the end result of the php actions. - if a *.phps file exists, then accessing *.php returns a 404 error, and *.phps shows the actual file contents. Looking for any direction, references, or assistance. Thanks On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:04:18 +0100, Lucanos <lucanos@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Hoping for some direction here (I have searched, without avail, for a > solution already). > > I was toying with trying to find a way whereby I could have a single > PHP file, and then specify whether to either see the processed output > or the source code by us...

cron jobs in PHP admin to run a PHP file
I want to run a php script every day. The page goes to a directory and parses a file and adds data to the database. Where it says "command" in cron jobs I don't know what it is looking for? Can I put the name of my php file? This is what I have: Minute Hour Day Month Weekday Command 1 8 1-7 1-31 * myPage.php The reason I am asking is I don't have a clue what PHPadmin wants in the command box. All I want to do is run the php script. Thanks, janis JRough wrote: >I want to run a php script every day. The page goes to a directory > and > parses a file and adds data to the database. Where it says "command" > in cron jobs I don't know what it is looking for? Can I put the name > of my php file? > > This is what I have: > > Minute Hour Day Month Weekday Command > 1 8 1-7 1-31 > * myPage.php > > The reason I am asking is I don't have a clue what PHPadmin wants in > the command box. All I want to do is run the php script. > > Thanks, > janis usually you would put the path to the php interpreter followed by any required options followed by the script file name On May 27, 12:17 pm, JRough <jlro...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to run a php script every day. The page goes to a directory > and > parses a file and add...

php bug? strange end of php file error
Why this code <?php function X() { // echo("commented ?>"); } X(); ?> give the error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end" ??? ?> is into a string commented! On 07.09.2007 17:31 Fabio wrote: > Why this code > > <?php > function X() > { > // echo("commented ?>"); > } > X(); > ?> > > give the error > "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end" > > ??? > > ?> is into a string commented! no, it is not. There's no "strings" inside comments, comment is a stream of characters and does take ?> into account. I don't think this is a good idea either, but so is it. -- gosha bine makrell ~ http://www.tagarga.com/blok/makrell php done right ;) http://code.google.com/p/pihipi "gosha bine" <stereofrog@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:46e17257$0$31118$6e1ede2f@read.cnntp.org... > On 07.09.2007 17:31 Fabio wrote: >> Why this code >> >> <?php >> function X() >> { >> // echo("commented ?>"); >> } >> X(); >> ?> >> >> give the error >> "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end" >> >> ??? >> >> ?> is into a string commented! > > no, it is not. There's no "strings" inside comments, comment is a stream > of characters and does take ?> into a...

PHP is looking for php.ini file in c:\windows
As the installation txt suggests, I have left my php.ini file inside the c:\php directory... but running phpinfo() shows that my php.ini file is in c:\windows as shown below. Configuration File (php.ini path) - C:\WINDOWS Well there is no php.ini file in my windows directory, so I'm not sure where it's getting it's configuration settings from... unless I suppose they're built into the executable somewhere if no php.ini file is found. My questions is - why php is not locating my php.ini file that is located in the c:\php directory? I'd rather not move it to the windows directory so I can keep everything nice and tidy like the installation file suggests. BTW - This is a brand new laptop I'm installing PHP on so there is (I just double checked) no PHP.ini file in the c:\windows directory. The path is set to include c:\php... and opening a DOS prompt and typing "php" is a recognizable command regardless of my current directory. This is the 2nd machine I have had this same problem with. I'm still confused... Any thoughts? thanks ~john wrote: > As the installation txt suggests, I have left my php.ini file inside > the c:\php directory... but running phpinfo() shows that my php.ini > file is in c:\windows as shown below. > > Configuration File (php.ini path) - C:\WINDOWS > > Well there is no php.ini file in my windows directory, so I'm not sure > where it's getting it's configuration settings from... ...

including a PHP file displays the file's content to the user agent (PHP 5.1)
Hi all I'm having a strange problem when upgrading the content management system eZ publish from PHP 4.4 to PHP 5.1. Some cache files related to i18n are included with the "include" function, but they are being displayed to the user agent instead of being parsed by PHP. With PHP 4.4 there was no problem. You can download a test script from: http://blog.kristofcoomans.be/wp-content/uploads/test.tar Thanks for your help Cheers -- Kristof Cyberwolf wrote: > Hi all > > I'm having a strange problem when upgrading the content management > system eZ publish from PHP 4.4 to PHP 5.1. Some cache files related to > i18n are included with the "include" function, but they are being > displayed to the user agent instead of being parsed by PHP. With PHP > 4.4 there was no problem. > > You can download a test script from: > http://blog.kristofcoomans.be/wp-content/uploads/test.tar > > Thanks for your help > > Cheers > > -- > > Kristof Do any other php pages parse properly? If not, then it will most likely be a problem with your install and/or configuration. If you can parse some php pages, it might be worth checking your PHP 5 configuration, and then Apache's configuration if nothing jumps out at you in there. Is there any particular reason you chose to go with PHP 5? I have heard of lots of people having problems with it, which is why I stay away from it. Well, until I understand it a bit better...

Web resources about - PHP does not parse .PHP files - comp.lang.php

Parse tree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is an ordered, rooted tree that represents the syntactic structure of a string according to some formal grammar . Parse trees are usually constructed ...

Following Acquisition By Facebook, Parse Rolls Out Parse Hosting
Cloud application platform Parse , which was acquired by Facebook in April , announced the launch of Parse Hosting Tuesday, joining its four ...

Platform Updates: Parse Reaches 100,000 Apps and More
This week, Parse reached a new milestone of 100,000 apps. We also rolled out Android device targeting and a new version of our iOS SDK. Finally, ...

Here Are the Alternatives to Push Notifications via Parse
Developers who relied on Parse for their applications’ push notifications won’t be left in the cold. Facebook may be pulling the plug on Parse ...

Nimble Storage Tumbles, Analysts Parse Weak Guidance
Nimble Storage ( NMBL ) is down more than 10% Friday afternoon, following its disappointing first-quarter guidance. Analysts are weighing in ...

Facebook irks devs by shutting Parse mobile development platform
Facebook is closing down Parse, its mobile development platform, just three years after acquiring it for $85 million. The shutdown comes as something ...

Facebook is shutting down Parse, its effort to take on Amazon's cloud supremacy
Facebook is shutting down Parse, its tool for helping developers build and grow mobile apps, in a surprise move that comes a day after Facebook ...

Facebook is closing down its Parse developer platform
Facebook has just given developers a year to stop relying on its hosted Parse services, announcing it will shut down the services it acquired ...

Facebook's Parse May Be Dead But It Continues To Live Within The FOSS Community
The mobile developer community was up in arms with the news of Facebook shutting down Parse, the popular MBaaS platform. But the good news is ...

The Big List of Alternatives to Parse
Parse is not going away. It’s going to get better. Ilya Sukhar — April 25th, 2013 on the Future of Parse Parse is dead . The great diaspora ...