PHP mail function is spammer?

I don't understand why any message sent with mail functions is
automatically stored in the spam by Gmail.

Sillaba
0
NOSPAM263 (7)

While the city slept, Sillaba atona (NOSPAM@tin.it) feverishly typed...

> I don't understand why any message sent with mail functions is
> automatically stored in the spam by Gmail.

There could be many and varied reasons...

Are you setting a return path? And is that the same as the address the mail
"comes" from?
Does the mail you are sending have a "from" address that corresponds to the
server you are sending from?
Does the mail you are sending have anything in it that could be construed as
spam? eg, html email with much graphics, little text, etc
Is the server you are running off on any spam lists?
There are more issues to consider, but I can't think of any right now (just
come back from the pub ;-) )

Theoretically, if you are sending a few emails out from the mail function,
you shouldn't suffer too much, unless some of, or all, or more than, the
above are an issue.

Hope that helps,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss http://www.nigenet.org.uk
Mail address will bounce. nigel@DOG.nigenet.org.uk | Take the DOG. out!

nigel_moss (57)
8/1/2007 11:15:08 PM
On 2007-08-01, nice.guy.nige <nigel_moss@deadspam.com> wrote:
> Are you setting a return path? And is that the same as the address the mail
> "comes" from?
> Does the mail you are sending have a "from" address that corresponds to the
> server you are sending from?
> Does the mail you are sending have anything in it that could be construed as
> spam? eg, html email with much graphics, little text, etc
> Is the server you are running off on any spam lists?

One particular thing to check for is whether the domain you're
mail()ing messages "from" has any SPF records, and if so whether
those records indicate an SPF FAIL for the machine which your PHP
app is running on.  GMail does perform SPF validation on incoming
messages.

--
Mark Shroyer
http://markshroyer.com/

php mail function
i have set up a feedback form that emails the results. my web host says it will not work if the email is coming from nobody. this is their answer "you are just going to have to learn to tell your scripts to generate th emails as someone@yourdmain - not just as nobody." does anyone know how to make this happen? Quinonez wrote: > i have set up a feedback form that emails the results. my web host > says it will not work if the email is coming from nobody. this is > their answer "you are just going to have to learn to tell your > scripts to generate th emails as someon...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

Problem with Mail()
In my PHP 5.0 at home, I'm using the following code to successfully write to a database and also send out an email. For some reason, when I take this code to work, it still writes to the database but doesn't send mail so we're (me and the I.T. guy) trying to find out whether it's the difference between PHP 4 or something else with email security. Does anyone here have experience with mail() in PHP 4 to know whether PHP 4 had issues with mail() that were fixed with PHP 5 ???? We've been chasing this from the mail server side at work when perhaps its some nuance between versions of PHP. Appreciate any help... Chris /* > $to = stripslashes($to); */ $to = stripslashes($to)."\r\n"; $subject = stripslashes($subject); $text = stripslashes($text); /* > mail('$to',$subject, $text); */ mail($to, $subject, $text, "From: admin@localhosthome.com"); cover wrote: > $to = stripslashes($to)."\r\n"; > Might or might not be the cause, but you should remove the trailing CRLF here. JW On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:33:57 +0100, "Janwillem Borleffs" <jw@jwscripts.com> wrote: >cover wrote: >> $to = stripslashes($to)."\r\n"; >> > >Might or might not be the cause, but you should remove the trailing CRLF >here. Thanks for the reply. I tried it after reading your post and no change... Thanks again, cover wrote: > In my PHP 5.0 at home, I'm using the following co...

PHP mail () function configuration
hi every body, i have a problem which is when i was checking my mail() form it work fine but the problem is that the form configuration is not set correctly, in details: the from var is not working and the from is set to be my host provider email is the sender, so they told me to configure the php.ini file and i dont know what is this file and how to configure it. thanks in advance shror www.s7els7.com www.beachtoursegypt.com www.mobidp.com On Feb 22, 2:32 am, "shror" <shahi...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi every body, > > i have a problem which is when i was checking my...

PHP mail function #2
Hello, can any one help me with the following issue: I use PHP mail function to send emails, when I receive these emails I find some exclamation marks (!) added in the text, this is weird. Can any one help me. Hello, on 02/13/2008 05:39 PM Ahmad said the following: > Hello, can any one help me with the following issue: > > I use PHP mail function to send emails, when I receive these > emails I find some exclamation marks (!) added in the text, this is > weird. Can any one help me. It seems you have lines in your messages that need to be encoded properly with quoted-printable encoding. You may want to try this MIME message compose and sending class that can do that for you without having to learn too much about message encoding standards: http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage -- Regards, Manuel Lemos PHP professionals looking for PHP jobs http://www.phpclasses.org/professionals/ PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP http://www.phpclasses.org/ ...

PHP mail() function problem
Hi all, I want to send mails using php mail() function, my web server is apache on linux i just add this line to my code ini_set('sendmail_from', 'users@must.edu.eg'); i'm sending emails to users at the same domain ....@must.edu.eg but it didn't send mail also it don't give any errors but i'm sure that mail server is working coz when i'm trying to send mails to the same domain through outlook it works well. i tried to send to hotmail it sends just one mail but when i tried again the same happened no mails sent with no error. where do u think the problem???? noha khalifa wrote: > Hi all, > > I want to send mails using php mail() function, my web server is > apache on linux i just add this line to my code > ini_set('sendmail_from', 'users@must.edu.eg'); > > i'm sending emails to users at the same domain ....@must.edu.eg but it > didn't send mail also it don't give any errors > > but i'm sure that mail server is working coz when i'm trying to send > mails to the same domain through outlook it works well. > > i tried to send to hotmail it sends just one mail but when i tried > again the same happened no mails sent with no error. > > where do u think the problem???? You didn't show your code, so it's impossible to tell. You shouldn't be using ini_set for 'sendmail_from' - that's just a default value. Rather, you should be ...

PHP mail() function and maillog
Hello. Under linux, when I use the mail() function in php there seems to be no record of it in any mail log file or system messages. Anyone know where the log of mails sent might be stored? I know the code to send the mail is running, but I want to confirm that the server is trying to send out the mails. Thanks, Dave. -- Fermat was right. David Gillen wrote: > Hello. > > Under linux, when I use the mail() function in php there seems to be no record > of it in any mail log file or system messages. Anyone know where the log of > mails sent might be stored? I know the code to send the mail is running, but > I want to confirm that the server is trying to send out the mails. > > Thanks, > Dave. The default location of the mail log on linux machines is: /var/log/mail ...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

when receiving the mail(php mail function), the variable's last value is getting converted to $ or # replacing the digit

does PHP mail() function depend on sendmail?
We're installing a new server at the office and this will be the first server we set up from which we host our website. We got tired of dealing with Interland and decided to bring our hosting in-house. The guy doing most of the work struggled with sendmail for awhile and then gave up. Now he's installing Postit, or Postfix, or whatever it's called. Does the PHP mail function depend on sendmail, or can it use any mta software? Hi, lawrence wrote: > We're installing a new server at the office and this will be the first > server we set up from which we host our website. W...

I tried posting to it (I am subscribed and have posted to it successfully before, but this time I got this error message: >> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. >> >> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its >> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) >> failed: >> >> php-general@lists.php.net >> SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: >> host pair1.php.net [76.75.200.58]: 550 we're manly enough already WTH...

How to embed youtube player in php mail function

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

Upgrade to PHP 5.1 makes trashes to the PHP Functions [EXPERT&isset]
Hi All ! Upgrading from PHP 4 something to PHP 5.1 leads to a master piece of problem. Our website was working perfectly with coding under PHP 4 or before : "Our manager did a stupid attempt to upgrade the PHP code to PHP 5.1" ... as a result, many of our pages are not working anymore. .... if I have a old F150 and replace it with a new F150 : that's still the same gas so far !!! Functions that seem not to work anymore are ISSET functions, and may be more functions ... Did you have in your previous experiences the problem to upgrade PHP ? if(isset($_POST[...

Is Php built in function ' imagecreate()' compatible in Php version 5.2.2 ?
Hi All, I have the php version 5.2.2 . When I am using " $im = imagecreate(......); " I am getting the following message "Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreate() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\server.php on line 32" I want to know whether "imagecreate()" is compatible in PHP version 5.2.2.? saikiran.iitkgp@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > > I have the php version 5.2.2 . When I am using > > > " $im = imagecreate(......); " I am getting the following message > > > "Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreate() in C:\Program > Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\server.php on line > 32" > > > I want to know whether "imagecreate()" is compatible in PHP version > 5.2.2.? > It looks like you're missing the gd extension. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== edit php.ini ;extension=php_gd2.dll to extension=php_gd2.dll ...

php's mail() function // permission problems
Hi all. I'm trying to get php's mail() function working. When I use it at the moment, I get: /var/log/messages: Jul 14 13:23:27 mail sendmail[22171]: NOQUEUE: Milter (mimedefang): to error state /usr/local/apache2/logs/error_log: Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser. I have checked in the PHP newsgroups, and they assure me it is a problem with my sendmail setup... I have installed sendmail (8.12.8) as per included instructions and read the SECURITY file. The following permissions set: -r-xr-sr-x 1 root smmsp 611974 Mar 5 21:37 /usr/...

PHP 4.3.9 function mail and safe_mode
Hello, My PHP 4.3.9 works in safe mode. can I force change header "return-path:" using mail function? I try, but it doesn't works. I change header "From: " successfully, but not "Return-path" Also I try add 5th parameter "-f my@address" in mail function but it not working in safe_mode. Please help me. Regards, Peter. ...

SuSE 9.1
This one has me stumped. How did SuSE disable the mail() function in their RPM'd version of PHP? ( This is their install-version of PHP with RPMs not what you download from PHP.net ) I have an application that emails people a message, and now having installed my PHP application on my customer's machine it doesn't work, giving an error message that the mail() function is not defined. I'd like to know if it's something in the config on the machine that I can simply turn it on, or do I need to simply recompile PHP? I'd like to not have to recompile PHP as SuSE have alr...

PHP does not parse .PHP files
I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example, if I type "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system. If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access it through the browser, I get the content of the file and not the execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the text of the file as: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Why? Thanks Phong Ho wrote: >I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. > >With CLI, I am able to execute my ....

Php constants in php.ini
I am trying to set user_agent = PHP_VERSION in php.ini. In my php.ini the instructions say that you can use constants in the php.ini file. The only constants I can get to work, though, are the error level constants like E_ALL, E_ERROR, E_WARNING, etc., ... Is anyone aware of some sort of trick to getting others to work? (I was thinking it would be nice to have the user agent string used by my Php scripts to use PHP_VERSION in the string.) -- ***************************** Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com Integrity is obvious. The lack of it is common. *****...

php://memory and php://temp
http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php per the documentation: php://memory and php://temp are both listed under "Allows Appending" what am I missing / what's the point? They only seem to work with read/write modes such as fopen('php://memory','rw'); closing the handle, or trying to open another handle without closing the first essentially erase the contents... so what's the point of fopen('php://memory','a') ? you'll a) be appending nothing, b) no way to read what you just wrote? sure would be nice if you could $fh = fopen('php://memory', 'w'); fwrite($fh, 'test string'); fclose($fh); $fh = fopen('php://memory', 'r'); $result = fgets($fh,2048); fclose($fh); echo $result; On 10/12/2010 9:44 PM, BKDotCom wrote: > http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php > per the documentation: php://memory and php://temp are both listed > under "Allows Appending" > > what am I missing / what's the point? > > They only seem to work with read/write modes such as > fopen('php://memory','rw'); > > closing the handle, or trying to open another handle without closing > the first essentially erase the contents... so what's the point of > fopen('php://memory','a') ? > you'll > a) be appending nothing, > b) no way to read what you just wrote? > > sure would be nice if you could > > $fh = ...

Mailing from PHP
I have a Google apps account, that I would like to use to email (extracting information from a MySQL table). The Google apps account allows me to use it as an SMTP mailer. Are there any recommendations by those who have experience in this space (including using an alternative to Google), for mailings (not spam, just managing an event), from a MySQL table, and PHP? Hello, on 01/14/2010 04:51 PM JustWondering said the following: > I have a Google apps account, that I would like to use to email > (extracting information from a MySQL table). The Google apps account > allows me to use it as an SMTP mailer. Are there any recommendations > by those who have experience in this space (including using an > alternative to Google), for mailings (not spam, just managing an > event), from a MySQL table, and PHP? You may want to try the MIME e-mail message class that has support for SMTP delivery and SMTP authentication that Google requires. http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage There is an article here precisely about sending e-mail from PHP applications via Gmail (Google Apps), Hotmail and Yahoo SMTP servers. http://www.phpclasses.org/blog/package/9/post/1-Sending-email-using-SMTP-servers-of-Gmail-Hotmail-or-Yahoo-with-PHP.html You will also need these classes: http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass http://www.phpclasses.org/sasl -- Regards, Manuel Lemos Find and post PHP jobs http://www.phpclasses.org/jobs/ PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components wri...

Web resources about - PHP mail function is spammer? - comp.lang.php

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Eating chocolate 'improves brain function' - study
... news for those with a sweet tooth - a recent study has found that regular chocolate consumption is associated with better cognitive function. ...

Using Functions to Make Better Abstractions
... (code that is tightly coupled to its own implementation details). I was wrong. I was wrong because I had an incomplete understanding of functions. ...

Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers ...
Al-Bawaba Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers run network ... Al-Bawaba ...

Google Maps for iOS adds detour function, 3D touch support
Google has extended its pit-stop feature the ability to find places to stop off on journeys to iPhone and iPad users with the release of Google ...

LVMH's Hublot May Be Next Brand for Smart Functions, Biver Says
Hublot will probably be the next LVMH watch brand to add smart functions, following TAG Heuer’s footsteps in combining Swiss craftsmanship and ...

Yahoo Begins Grim Job of Closing Functions, Laying Off Staff
Yahoo Food is closing, and other digital magazines on tech, travel and beauty are also scheduled for closing or major cutbacks.

Compliance Risk Study Shows Compliance Function Needs New Initiatives to Protect Its Hard-Won Gains
Financial institutions’ compliance functions have come a long way, but they still have some distance to travel before they reach the right strategic ...

A 3D Printed Jet Engine Appears to Function
... jet engine . You may remember seeing a 3D printed jet engine grace our front page back in October. That one was beautiful didn’t function . ...

‘World Of Warcraft’ Alpha Removes Gold From Garrison Missions, Water Striders No Longer Function Everywhere ...
... build deploying soon to the alpha server, garrison missions no longer reward gold and the water-walking Water Strider mounts no longer function ...