f



php.ini sets max time to 90 seconds, yet I get a "Max execution time of 30 seconds exceeded"

This is weird. When I use getId3 to try to read meta tags out of
multimedia files, I get this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/
httpd/vhosts/bluewallmultimedia.com/httpdocs/getid3/getid3/
getid3.lib.php on line 54


But if I run phpinfo(), I get this:

max_execution_time	95	95


and if I ssh to the server and look in php.ini, this is confirmed:

max_execution_time = 95     ; Maximum execution time of each script,
in seconds


This is on a RackSpace server, running RedHat. It's got Plesk
installed.

Can anyone guess what is going on? Is there some place the settings in
php.ini can get over written or ignored?

0
lkrubner (905)
8/18/2007 7:35:00 AM
comp.lang.php 32646 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
438 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 5

On Aug 18, 3:35 am, lawrence k <lkrub...@geocities.com> wrote:
> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/
> httpd/vhosts/bluewallmultimedia.com/httpdocs/getid3/getid3/
> getid3.lib.php on line 54
>
> But if I run phpinfo(), I get this:
>
> max_execution_time      95      95
>
> and if I ssh to the server and look in php.ini, this is confirmed:
>
> max_execution_time = 95     ; Maximum execution time of each script,
> in seconds
>
> This is on a RackSpace server, running RedHat. It's got Plesk
> installed.
>
> Can anyone guess what is going on? Is there some place the settings in
> php.ini can get over written or ignored?


I should add that if I navigate to the directory where the code and I
do this:

grep -R  ini_set *

I get nothing. As near as I can figure, ini_set is not being used to
override the php.ini settings.

0
lkrubner (905)
8/18/2007 7:49:56 AM
Try looking for set_time_limit as well as ini_set. That is the only
thing that springs to mind.

On Aug 18, 3:49 am, lawrence k <lkrub...@geocities.com> wrote:
> On Aug 18, 3:35 am, lawrence k <lkrub...@geocities.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/
> > httpd/vhosts/bluewallmultimedia.com/httpdocs/getid3/getid3/
> > getid3.lib.php on line 54
>
> > But if I run phpinfo(), I get this:
>
> > max_execution_time      95      95
>
> > and if I ssh to the server and look in php.ini, this is confirmed:
>
> > max_execution_time = 95     ; Maximum execution time of each script,
> > in seconds
>
> > This is on a RackSpace server, running RedHat. It's got Plesk
> > installed.
>
> > Can anyone guess what is going on? Is there some place the settings in
> > php.ini can get over written or ignored?
>
> I should add that if I navigate to the directory where the code and I
> do this:
>
> grep -R  ini_set *
>
> I get nothing. As near as I can figure, ini_set is not being used to
> override the php.ini settings.


0
8/18/2007 2:53:38 PM
lawrence k <lkrubner@geocities.com> writes:
>
> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/
> httpd/vhosts/bluewallmultimedia.com/httpdocs/getid3/getid3/
> getid3.lib.php on line 54
>
>
> But if I run phpinfo(), I get this:
>
> max_execution_time	95	95
>
>
> and if I ssh to the server and look in php.ini, this is confirmed:
>
> max_execution_time = 95     ; Maximum execution time of each script,
> in seconds
>
>
> This is on a RackSpace server, running RedHat. It's got Plesk
> installed.
>
> Can anyone guess what is going on? Is there some place the settings in
> php.ini can get over written or ignored?
>
        You may want to check your Apache config file. It is also
possible to set a CPU limit on the entire Apache process (which
would include your script execution). The Apache directive in
1.3.x is: RLimitCPU    (that might be set to 30).

        Best regards!
-- 
                                          John
___________________________________________________________________
John Murtari                              Software Workshop Inc.
jmurtari@following domain 315.635-1968(x-211)  "TheBook.Com" (TM)
http://thebook.com/
0
jmurtari (148)
8/21/2007 4:21:41 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Help with
Hi, My PHP application for a client uses the publicly available "PHPMailer - PHP email class" which is very good. However, my client recently complained about the following error when sending out over 4000 emails. (Note that each email is customised so needs to be sent individually - not using Bcc). The application reported to have sent the 4000 emails successfully (it sends each one as part of a loop and then when completed gives a count for the amount sent, so it got past this stage. but then it gave the following error message: "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of...

VI "Date Time to seconds" manipulates fractional seconds
Entering a fractional second e.g. 15.001 or 59.999 results in a manipulated fracional part if the value is above ----,008. See attached Example. IMAR Time.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/161301/1/IMAR Time.vi ...

"sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing
I saw a lot of messages out there regarding this problem, so, thought i would post the solution. To any one getting the error message: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing when trying to send mail using the mail() function in Windows, The solution is: whenever you change the php.ini file, you must also reset the web server. Then all of the PHP variables that you set will be seen by the server. -d ...

php requires ".php" not ".html" ?
Dumb question -- I know, but... Yes, I searched books and googled but couldn't find the answer. Does php always require that the page be .php and not .html ? Or is this server-dependent? Mine doesn't seem to recognize a php line in a .html page. By the way, how do searchers, eg Google, treat .php? same as .html? Do I lose search position by changing from .html to .php? MasonC masoncXXX@XXXfrontal-lobe.info wrote: > Dumb question -- I know, but... > Yes, I searched books and googled but couldn't find the answer. > > Does php always require that the page be .php and not .html ? > Or is this server-dependent? Mine doesn't seem to recognize a php line in a .html page. > > By the way, how do searchers, eg Google, treat .php? same as .html? > Do I lose search position by changing from .html to .php? > > MasonC It's part of your web server configuration - not PHP. Security conscious hosts will require .php extensions to parse php files. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== At Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:49:27 -0700 masoncXXX@XXXfrontal-lobe.info wrote: > > Dumb question -- I know, but... > Yes, I searched books and googled but couldn't find the answer. > > Does php always require that the page be .php and not .html ? > Or is this server-dependent? Mine doesn't seem to r...

&quot;Get Date/Time in seconds&quot; format
Hi everyone! it's me again. I need your help and I hope somebody will help me here: I'm using the "Get Date/Time in seconds" to create file names. Actually the file names look as follow:&nbsp; dd mm yyyy_data (example, 15 05 2008_data).&nbsp; I'd like them to be so: dd-mm-yyyy_data&nbsp;&nbsp; or&nbsp; dd_mm_yyyy_data&nbsp; or &nbsp;dd.mm.yyyy_data (means without any space betwen the different parts of the file names). &nbsp; Anybody has an idea how I can get that? &nbsp; Best regardsKabanga &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Use the fromat time function in the timing pallette to convert the timestamp to any string format you can think of. You need "Format Date/Time String" Read the help for full information, but for your application "%Y" will give a four-digit year, "%m" will do the month and "%d" the day. Note that case is significant in the format strings, ""%M" is the minutes. The format string will convert literally (almost) any other character you put in it, rather like "format into string" Indeed you could use format into string if you want to use any other (non-constant) data, and enclose the tiime format characters by "%&lt;" before and "&gt;T" after. &nbsp; Rod. &nbsp; Kabanga, i asume that you want to have the timestamp as string within your VI. So just use the "Format Date/Time String" ...

ODS RTF "Times New Roman" switches to "Times" ????
Hi, Using SAS 9.1.3 on a SOLARIS (UNIX) system, I've been creating RTF output using... font=('times new roman',10 pt,bold roman) within proc template, but the RTF file that is created has... {\f1\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times;} and in fact shows up as "Times" when I open the document (in either Star Office on the SOLARIS or WORD after ftp-ing to a PC). Is there a way to force the creation of "Times New Roman" rather than "Times". Could it be that on my SOLARIS system the "Times New Roman" font is not defined right. I say this because...

[Troll] "Hadron" Quack's "time and time again" classics
'I have seen it all too often. When the user who was conned into using some half arsed junk OSS package and comes back saying it doesn't work properly they are told to "fix it then" or "works for my needs". Time and time again we see this scenario.' - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark "What i find interesting is that time and time and time again we are amazed by what the xbox could do. (...) The XBox has continued to meet the demands of newer, fresher and yet more complex games." - M$ fanboi "Hadron" 'Free...

2 Process at the "same time" (Second Part)
I'm trying to execute two pipelines process on an aplication PowerBuilder. I've a window with two buttons, one throws the next code in the clicked event: ------- BUTTON 1 val = SQLCA.infinity_loop('par') ------- and the other one throw the next code in the clicked event: ------- BUTTON 2 sle_2.text="Process 2 Executed" sle_2.textcolor=RGB(0,155,155) ------- But when BUTTON 1 is clicked I can't click other button!!. How can I do it? PD: I've trying "timers", "yield" but... its impossible ...

Re: ODS RTF "Times New Roman" switches to "Times" ???? #2
markisgold@GMAIL.COM wrote back: > >David L Cassell wrote: > > markisgold@GMAIL.COM wrote: > > > > > >Hi, > > > > > >Using SAS 9.1.3 on a SOLARIS (UNIX) system, I've been creating RTF > > >output using... > > > font=('times new roman',10 pt,bold roman) > > >within proc template, but the RTF file that is created has... > > > {\f1\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times;} > > >and in fact shows up as "Times" when I open the document (in either > > >Star Office on the SOLARIS or WORD after ftp-ing to a PC). > > > > > >Is there a way to force the creation of "Times New Roman" rather than > > >"Times". > > > > > >Could it be that on my SOLARIS system the "Times New Roman" font is not > > >defined right. I say this because in Star Office on the SOLARIS there > > >is no "Times New Roman" in the drop down font list. Yet when I do > > >"xlsfonts | grep -i times" I get, among many other things... > > > --times new roman-bold-i---0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1 > > >so the system seems to have those "times new roman" fonts. > > > > > >Thanks, Mark > > > > I think that what you are seeing is Star Office fixing the fonts for >you. > > Whether you want it to or not. > > > > My gues...

Questions of a beginner about difference between pattern "compile-time" and "run-time" #2
Hi! I'm insteresting by a few of time about design pattern. In the book "Design Pattern" of Gangs Of Four I read that some pattern is in compile time (i.e. Abstract Factory) and others are in run-time (es. Decorator). I don't understand this point: the decorator pattern in Java language is used for I/O package. BufferedReader stdin = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in) This is an example of pattern decorator but I know at compile-time the structure of variable stdin because in compile time ( when I read the source code) I see the constructor...

Re: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?"
Charles, The TRANWRD function can do this. data test; x = 'YET???'; x2 = tranwrd(x,'???','?'); output; run; Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Charles Patridge Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:57 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" I thought there was a new function that would could do this? That is take an argument such as "??" and translate it to "?", or am I dreaming? Thanks in advance, Chuck Patridge charles_s_patridge AT Prodigy DOT net ...

"error_reporting" setting not being recognized in my php.ini file
Hi, I'm using PHP 4.4.4 on Apache 2 on Fedora Core 5. PHP was installed using Apache's apxs and the php library was installed to /usr/local/php. However, when I set my "error_reporting" setting to be "E_ALL", notices are still not getting reported. The perms on my file are 664, with owner root and group root. The php.ini file is located at /usr/local/lib/php/php.ini. Any ideas why the setting does not seem to be having an effect? I've cut and paste the php.ini file below. Thanks, - Dave ----start file below----- [PHP] ;;;;;;;;;;; ; WARNING ; ;;;;;;;;;...

"DO TIMES" vs "DO some_integer_var"
A recent compile-time error message revealed that "DO TIMES" (similar to "DO" and "DO WHILE") seems to be a correct FORTRAN statement. I am not familiar with this statement ("DO TIMES"). Is it significantly different from "DO some_integer_var"? Can anyone shed some light here? vitals: Digital F-90 v7.1 on Alpha OpenVMS v6.2 TIA Ransom Fitch Ransom Fitch wrote: > A recent compile-time error message revealed that "DO TIMES" > (similar to "DO" and "DO WHILE") seems to be a correct FORTRAN > statem...

Re: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" #5
I'm not up to speed with PRX but using the old stuff this seems to work. data _null_; rx = rxparse("'?'+ to '?'"); string = 'This is suppose ??? to ???????? help ?? me ?'; newstring = string; call rxchange(rx,99,string,newstring); put _all_; run; On 9/27/06, Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@prodigy.net> wrote: > Yes, I thought of TRANWRD. > > and exactly, what about an unknown number of consecutive "?" in a string - > how to get them reduce down to a single "?" > > Chuck Patridge > &...

Re: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" #9
On 9/27/06, RolandRB <rolandberry@hotmail.com> wrote: > "data _null_;" wrote: > > I'm not up to speed with PRX but using the old stuff this seems to work. > > > > data _null_; > > rx = rxparse("'?'+ to '?'"); > > string = 'This is suppose ??? to ???????? help ?? me ?'; > > newstring = string; > > call rxchange(rx,99,string,newstring); > > put _all_; > > run; > > You have the correct answer. Yes I know. > I never knew why the SI went down this path with RX. ...

Re: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" #12
Problem might remain, that ???? is translated to ??. And what about ??... On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:09:35 -0400, Jack Clark <JClark@CHPDM.UMBC.EDU> wrote: >Charles, > >The TRANWRD function can do this. > > >data test; > x = 'YET???'; > x2 = tranwrd(x,'???','?'); > output; >run; > > >Jack Clark >Research Analyst >Center for Health Program Development and Management >University of Maryland, Baltimore County > > >-----Original Message----- >From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Charles >Patridge >Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:57 AM >To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >Subject: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" > >How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" > >I thought there was a new function that would could do this? That is >take an argument such as "??" and translate it to "?", > >or am I dreaming? > >Thanks in advance, >Chuck Patridge >charles_s_patridge AT Prodigy DOT net ...

Re: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" #16
Chuck, I have said this several times but it bears repeating. Download Regex Buddy and use it to learn PRX. It does it interactively as you type so you can quickly test your regex. Alan Alan Churchill Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" www.savian.net -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Charles Patridge Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:20 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" Thanks AG, I really thought there was a new character function in SAS 9 that did this but I must have been dreaming. I like this code the best. I need to get more knowledgeable about the PRX functions - just starting to play and learn them. Its about time <grin>. How would I do the same thing except using "/" as the repeating character??? Much appreciated, Chuck Patridge ...

Re: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" #11
Hi Charles, "/" is a metacharater which you have to escape using a "\" before it to tell the prxparse to look for it. Just replace the previous prxchange with prxchange('s/\/+/\//',-1,x) and it should work. I personally felt perl regular expressions a little hard to learn at first, but once i got the hang of it i found it to be very valuable, especially if you are working on UNIX. HTH ag On 9/27/06, Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@prodigy.net> wrote: > > Thanks AG, > > I really thought there was a new character function in SAS 9 that...

Re: How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" #15
Charles, The following should do it. data one; input x $; cards; one? two?? three??? four???? five????? ; run; data two; set one; justone=prxchange('s/\?+/?/',-1,x); run; proc print data=two; run; Cheers, ag On 9/27/06, Charles Patridge <charles_s_patridge@prodigy.net> wrote: > > How to get "YET???" to become "YET?" > > I thought there was a new function that would could do this? That is > take an argument such as "??" and translate it to "?", > > or am I dreaming? > > Thanks in advance, > Chuck Patridge > charles_s_patridge AT Prodigy DOT net > ...

Processing of Network Time Protocol sntpcTimeGet with "leap seconds"
Does anyone know off the top of their head.... Does Wind Rivers SNTP support only 64 bit counters as would be returned in RFC 1305 or does it also handle a "Date String" reponse of the type found in RFC 867 and then convert it to a 64 bit counter and return it via the sntpcTimeGet? If RFC 867 is supported, If a time like "8:59:60" (leap second added at a particularly bad moment)is recived from NTP server, will Wind Rivers is a valid time and convert it properly? Does WRS NTP code support (or need to support) the Leap Indicator bit "(01,10)" indicating existence...

if time = 3 seconds, how do i set the values of the time steps 0,0.1,0.2,0.3,0.5,1.0,1.5,2.0,3.0,5.0 to -9999 from time =3 seconds
Hi &nbsp; I have 18 inputs (arrays) which contain certain statistics and if time&nbsp;&nbsp;= 3 seconds, set the values of time step 5.0 to -9999.0. &nbsp; I was wondering if there is an efficient way to do this without using a lot of case statements? &nbsp; Thank you. Hello AdrianT, it's not really clear to me what you want to do... I suspect: you have an array containing values and you want to output them with a fixed timing of 3 seconds: you should use a for loop autoindexing trough your array and sending the value to your indicator/output/whatever. Put a "wait for next multiple" into your for loop. Or do you want to have a minimum time delay of 3 seconds? Again use a for loop, get the time value and use a InRange&amp;Coerce with minimum set to 3 seconds... Or you should explain more precisely what you need... Hi Thanks for that. Let me explain. &nbsp; The time may vary. Let me give an example. if time&nbsp; = 2.1, I want to set the time step's &nbsp;3.0 and 5.0's values to -9999.0. if the time =0.1 seconds then I want to set 0.2,0.3, 0.5 etc values to -9999.0 etc .................................................................... &nbsp; Can you please help? Thank you. Hello TUDS, do you use different accounts/nicknames ? Well, that's easy, at least for a sorted array: Search for your time-value in the array (Threshold 1D array). Fill all elements from that index till the end with your "error...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware-rot sets in: "My Lucid bootup time has become slower after time."
"My Lucid bootup time has also become slower after time. On my computer, I am waiting at the Ubuntu screen with the five dots for quite some time." #6 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1507610 "Whatever their problems is not the fault of Ubuntu" ...

How to "quote code" in PHP?
I'm trying to put together a little page with a form, so that users can "translate" any URL into the correct format for posting on a forum. For instance, they want to share a link and type in "www.google.com" (without quotes) and the form turns it into "<a href="www.google.com"></a>" (without the beginning and end quotes) and displays that as text, so that they can copy/paste it into the forum post box. It will also include an image-posting version so that it adds the "<img src" etc to an image URL. How do I "quote" the result so that it displays as plain text rather than a mess? All I'm getting is a mess of blue code. On Thu, 19 May 2011 23:31:47 +0100, in comp.lang.php "Mentalguy2k8" <Mentalguy2k8@gmail.com> <ir45oo$mik$1@dont-email.me> wrote: >| I'm trying to put together a little page with a form, so that users can >| "translate" any URL into the correct format for posting on a forum. >| >| For instance, they want to share a link and type in "www.google.com" >| (without quotes) and the form turns it into "<a href="www.google.com"></a>" >| (without the beginning and end quotes) and displays that as text, so that >| they can copy/paste it into the forum post box. It will also include an >| image-posting version so that it adds the "<img src" etc to an image URL....

Starting Conditions of "Seconds to Date/Time.vi" seem to be not correct
Hello,<br><br>I wrote a VI that calculates the seconds which have past betw= een two different dates. The arguments are two arrays from 0 (year) to 5 (s= econd). This VI has got the advantage that it isn't limited to the interval= of 1904 - 2040 given by the VI "Seconds to Date/Time.vi".<br><br>It works = pretty well and gives the same results as the the VI "Seconds to Date/Time.= vi" when using Intervals like 1980_04_03_10:44:33 =3D> 2004_12_03_02:44:33!= <br><br>The problem starts when I want to calculate the seconds from 1904_0...

Web resources about - php.ini sets max time to 90 seconds, yet I get a "Max execution time of 30 seconds exceeded" - comp.lang.php

Resources last updated: 3/23/2016 7:43:22 PM