Please Help Me - PHP Installation

Hey guys,

I am trying to get PHP working on a Windows Vista Ultimate box running
IIS 7. First I made sure IIS was working properly....it is because it
serves up aspx (asp.net) pages (please don't hate!) with no problems.
I downloaded the MSI installer for PHP 5.2.3 and ran it. During the
installation I selected the web server as IIS ASAPI. Then afterwards
each time I tried to view my web page (from localhost, my box) I got
an IIS message stating that there was not a MIME type for php. So I
searched some Internet posts and found that I needed to add a MIME
type of "*.PHP" as "application/octet-stream". Afterwards the MIME
message went away, but my php code is still not being handled by PHP
on the server. I have a very simple webpage with an orange background
color and some simple text in an <? echo....?> code block. When I view
the page I see the orange background, but I see no text. When looking
at View | Page Source I can see that the <? echo...?> code block came
down from the web server just like that...it was never handled on the
server. After reading a bit more I added a Handler Mapping for ".php"
and ".php3" to IIS, and I answered "Yes" to add php as "Allowed" under
ISAPI and CGI restrictions.

After restarting IIS and even restarting the machine it still is not
working. I can still see the orange background, but the PHP code is
not being handled by PHP on the web server.

I have Windows Vista User Account Control turned off, and I have made
sure that "Everyone" has "Full Control" permissions on the PHP
installation folder and all of its subfolders. I am using an
Administrator account. Maybe the problem has something to do with
account being used by PHP???.??

Anyways, this seems like an awful lot of pain to go through to get it
working.

Guys how can I make it work? What am I doing wrong?

<joey.powell@topscene.com> wrote...
:
: I have a very simple webpage with an orange background color and
: some simple text in an <? echo....?> code block.

Use <?php as the start delimiter and ?> as the terminating delimiter.
XML uses "<?" ((X)HTML syntax). So you are better off with "<?php"
as the starting delimiter for PHP. The later versions of PHP use the "<?php"
by default, I just don't know the specifics on which version does what.

--
Jim Carlock
North Carolina Swimming Pool Builders

0
Jim

please please please PLEASE help!
Hi, I've asked this question a couple of times before on this forum but no one seems to be nice enough to point me to the right direction or help me out with any information, if possible. Please help me out with this because this is a very serious issue for me and I need to learn more about this. And here it is again: I've been running postgres on my server for over a year now and the tables have become huge. I have 3 tables that have data over 10GB each and these tables are read very very frequently. In fact, heavy searches on these tables are expected every 2 to 3 minutes. T...

please please please PLEASE help!
Hi, I've asked this question a couple of times before on this forum but no one seems to be nice enough to point me to the right direction or help me out with any information, if possible. Please help me out with this because this is a very serious issue for me and I need to learn more about this. And here it is again: I've been running postgres on my server for over a year now and the tables have become huge. I have 3 tables that have data over 10GB each and these tables are read very very frequently. In fact, heavy searches on these tables are expected every 2 to 3 minutes. T...

HELP HELP PLEASE HELP
i have written a slighly bastardized version of the class web page which is given as an example of how to use the html tokenizer. What I've written is: def parse(host) dict = { } @body= host.getHTML() if !@body return end theTags = ['select','input'] for x in theTags do tokenizer = HTMLTokenizer.new(@body) while tag = tokenizer.getTag(x) name = tag.attr_hash['name'] type = tag.attr_hash['type'] if name != nil then dict[type]=name ...

Re: please please please PLEASE help!
Steve, I'm a little short on PostgreSQL experience, but gaining fast. I'm more o= f an Oracle nut. But I think you've pin pointed the problem, namely disk c= ontention. The easiest solution I can think of would be to stripe the volu= me group across all three drives thereby spreading the pain across the driv= es. One other item I'd look at is creating an index that specifically answ= ers the most frequent queries. Depending on your OS, you could mirror the = data across two of the drives at the OS level, which would also spread the = pain. Another solution, but...

please help... ...me learn C++ please please please :)
Hi Peoples, Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++. i.e. can you give me any docs or give me the link to any website that has info on programming in general or C++. (ok I know I could go to a library and read books on C++ but looking for something urgently.) YOUR HELP would be truly appreciated. please help Thanks. KK "KK" <kumuthun@notvalidemailaddress.com> schreef in bericht news:3f8bd6d6_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++. > > i.e. can you give me any docs or give me the link to any web...

please help... ...me learn C++ please please please :)
Hi Peoples, Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++. i.e. can you give me any docs or give me the link to any website that has info on programming in general or C++. (ok I know I could go to a library and read books on C++ but looking for something urgently.) YOUR HELP would be truly appreciated. please help Thanks. KK > Can anyone give me any learning materials for learning C++. This book is generally considered as one of the best book for learning C++ for people with some programming experience: http://www.acceleratedcpp.com/ > i.e. can you give me any d...

[HELP HELP HELP SIMULINK] Please
How can i solve this in simulink??? sqrt((1/pi)*Integral([abs(F(jw;W)*S(jw))]^2,0,Inf,dw)). Or how can i calculate standard deviation of an error signal (e), for band limited references r(t;W)? Thanks ...

telnet problem please help Urgent help please
Hi I have an HP9000 server running hpux 10.20. I have a problem where telnet keeps timing out. I am able to make a telnet connection for any time between 5 minutes and a few hours. After a while though they time out. The syslog report a timeout too. REgards Dinesh Chetty Hi > I have an HP9000 server running hpux 10.20. I have a problem where telnet > keeps timing out. I am able to make a telnet connection for any time between > 5 minutes and a few hours. After a while though they time out. The syslog > report a timeout too. Comes the timeout when you are active in the ses...

Please Help Me Guys! Need lang..it will be a pleasure and i'd be very thankful if you gotta help on this one guys!
you are going to create a more specialized Taxi Meter that contains additio= nal information for non-air and aircon taxies. Your task is to extend the T= axiMeter class that was implemented in the previous question. Add some attr= ibutes and methods that you think are needed for a non-air and aircon Taxi = records. Try to override some existing methods in the superclass TaxiMeter,= if you really need to. The following describe the billing for Non-air and = Aircon Taxi. NON-AIRCON Flag Down P 26.00 For every 400 meters P 1.00 For every 1.5 minutes waiting P 1.00 AIRCON Flag Down P 30.00 For every 400 meters P 1.50 For every 1.0 minutes waiting P 1.50 Try to modify the TaxiMeter class to create getAmount() abstract method. Th= is is a method for calculating the total amount to be paid. Below are the f= ormulas: totalAmount =3D amountOnWait + amountOnDistanceTravelled amountOnWait =3D increments if waitingMinuteToIncrement is satisfied amountOnDistanceTravelled =3D incrementRate * (distanceTRavelled /increment= ableDistance) Write two of its subclasses, the Non-air and Aircon. You can add additional= methods to its subclass if you want to. Kevin Espardinez wrote: > you are going to create a more specialized Taxi Meter that contains addit= ional information for non-air and aircon taxies. Your task is to extend the= TaxiMeter class that was implemented in the previous question. Add some at= tributes and methods that you think are needed for a non...

please help help
hello, please I faced a problem in dwt2 with color image . y=imread('lenna.bmp'); t=dwt2(y,'db1') the following message is appearing: ?? Error using ==> > Matrix dimensions must agree. Error in ==> D:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\wavelet\wavelet\wkeep.m (GetFirstLast) On line 48 ==> K = find(s>sx); Error in ==> D:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\wavelet\wavelet\wkeep.m On line 35 ==> [first,last,ok] = GetFirstLast (sx,begInd,varargin{:}); Error in ==> D:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox\wavelet\wavelet\dwt2.m (convdown) On line 86 ==> y = wkeep(y,sizeKEPT); Error in ==> D:\MATLA...

Please please help
Hi, Please help me out... I found one deficalty with defining classes in C+ +... can u please help me out... Thanks Jui Jui.Acharya@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Please help me out... I found one deficalty with defining classes in C+ > +... can u please help me out... > Please don't multi-post. Your answer can be found in the comp.lang.c++ FAQs, in particular 5.2, 5.4, 5.7 and 5.8. See See http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html <Jui.Acharya@gmail.com> wrote: > Please help me out... I found one deficalty with defining classes in C+ > +.....

Help!! Please Help!
Dear all, I have just bought a 2nd hand HP9000 K400 from eBay. It has 2 CPUs. I accidentally deconfigure the 1st CPU (i.e. Processor 0). After that, it can't boot up to the menu. It returns two errors FLT 3004 and FLT 11BF in the LED. What should I do now? Pls help! Regards, Pokka pokka chi <pokka_chi@yahoo.com> wrote: > Dear all, > I have just bought a 2nd hand HP9000 K400 from eBay. It has 2 CPUs. > I accidentally deconfigure the 1st CPU (i.e. Processor 0). After > that, it can't boot up to the menu. It returns two errors FLT 3004 > and FLT 11BF in the LED. WARN 3x04 Error writing to the EEPROM FLT 3x04 Fatal fault writing to the EEPROM FLT 1xBF Slave CPU halted due to catastrophic boot failure I'd try to exchange both cpus and try it again and/or remove the first (defect?) cpu. urle -- Uli Betzler (urle) urle@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Universitaet Karlsruhe, Rechenzentrum IRA/VERA/SR, Zirkel 2, 76128 Karlsruhe phone: +49 721 608-4039 FAX: +49 721 608-9013 alternate FAX: +49 721 32550 urle = URL-Emanation = http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Ulrich.Betzler/urle.html Dear Urle, Thanks. I've tried this but it didn't work. By the way, before it pops up the error 3004, it shows another error 30F4. Don't know what that means. Regards, Allen urle - Uli Betzler <urle@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote in message news:<cgubh0$u30$1@news2.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de&g...

Help me please, please
Hi there Can anybody assist me... Please. I am building a program in Croatian language and I need to sort out the hyphenation in Croatian language. I need hyphenation to change to syllabus. What steps should I take to achieve this goal , what forms . It has to work similar like internet explorer ,for example Internet Explorer includes a feature called AutoComplete that keeps track of information that you've recently typed, such as Web site addresses, information in forms, and search queries. As you type new information, AutoComplete tries to anticipate what you are typing and offers possible matches. You save time because you don't have to type in the full information. This program that I am trying to do it has to be like internet explorer auto complete feature in Tex. Anyone please help. Regards E. "zzibo" <enver.arifi@gmail.com> writes: > I am building a program in Croatian language and I need to sort out >the hyphenation in Croatian language. I need hyphenation to change to >syllabus. you don't say which distribution you're using; croatian hyphenation is certainly available (indeed it's built into the default tetex formats by default), so it's a question of finding how to enable it for a format rebuild on your system. no doubt that would be a matter of a moment's work if you'ld just say what system you're using. >It has to work similar like internet explorer ,for example Internet >E...

PLEASE HELP ME ! PLEASE
plese tell me about that program or help me or guide me wat should i do i am very woory about that Q1: Write a program using malloc function. In which you take input from user and allocate memory equal to square of this number. Which multiply numbers and draw a table in the following format? Hint: User enters 3 then program allocates equal to 9 integer memories. Output:1 Enter a single digit number: 2 The multiplication table of 2 is: 1 2 ---------------- 1| 1 2 2| 2 4 Output:2 Enter a single digit number: 4 The multiplication table of 4 is: ...

Please Please Help!!
WocBSe1QFHLRlEH2Ki+Gl8DIjHmu9wcQ Hi all, Dont know if this is the right place to submit questions. but i need help :( I need to convert this pl/sql function to java function so that i can use it my jsp page. FUNCTION countItem(adminUser IN STRING, m_menu IN NUMBER) RETURN NUMBER IS cno NUMBER := 0; CURSOR cAdminMenu(adminUser VARCHAR2 ) IS SELECT M.menuid,G.pageid,M.description,G.name,G.url FROM useraccess P, pages G, menues M, submenues T WHERE P.userid = adminUser AND T.menuid = M.menuid AND T.pageid = G.pageid AND P.pageid=G.pageid AND G.publicaccess = 'N' UNION SELECT M.menuid,G.pageid,M.description,G.name,G.url FROM groupaccess P, pages G, menues M, submenues T WHERE P.grpid IN (SELECT GRP_ID FROM GROUPUSERS WHERE USR_ID = adminUser) AND T.menuid = M.menuid AND T.pageid = G.pageid AND P.pageid=G.pageid AND G.publicaccess = 'N' UNION SELECT M.menuid,G.pageid,M.description,G.name,G.url FROM pages G, menues M, submenues T WHERE T.menuid = M.menuid AND T.pageid = G.pageid AND G.publicaccess = 'Y' ORDER BY 1,2; BEGIN FOR t IN cAdminMenu(adminUser) LOOP IF t.menuid = m_menu THEN cno := cno + 1; END IF; END LOOP; RETURN cno; END; I would really appreciate your help. Regards, Ayeda Ayeda wrote: > Dont know if this is the right place to submit questions. It's the right place to submit the right sort of questions! > I need to convert this pl/sql functi...

Please Please Help!
I would like to fill out a form containing let's say 3 fields and then when i go to the next record. Now the next record would be blank except the last field wich would have the value of that same field from the last record. How can i do that? Some People from the group answered my question,they told me to use VBA but i don't know how! :( Can enyone help me? There is a topic about my problem on this web page http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210236. It says that i have to create a module so i create it with that code in STEP 3 but what then? In STEP 5 it says that i have to change the OnCurrent property. So i go to the form,click design view,properties and change the OnCurrent property and make that text box and so on... But it wont work! Please help! Is there some other easier way? I'm a beginner so can someone help me? Thanks, Marko check www.mvps.org/access look up "carry" and that'll give you an example Thanks! But i don't know how to use this code! Can u please help me? Marko I'll send it to you! just a sec! :)) Thanks! '******** Code Start ********** const cQuote="""" 'Thats two quotes me!Control.DefaultValue = cQuote & me!Control.Value & cQuote '******** Code End ********** you put the code behind a button... then you can make setting the defaults optional. Thanks!! Marko ...

[HELP HELP HELP SIMULINK] Please #2
How can i solve this in simulink??? sqrt((1/pi)*Integral([abs(F(jw;W)*S(jw))]^2,0,Inf,dw)). Or how can i calculate standard deviation of an error signal (e), for band limited references r(t;W)? Thanks ...

Network Install Help Please?
To Anyone, I have installed an HP DeskJet 694C directly to my NT4.0 server thru LPT1 parallel port on the server. My problem is that I can not get my XP workstations to print out of the printer at all. When I try to add the printer to the workstation, it is looking for a driver from the server. I can not seem to pull that driver off the server. I think I will need a step by step instruction on how to properly get this thing set up. Any help would be appreciated! I have been trying to get this to work for 6 months now. No success. Thanks. Peter. Peter wrote: >I have installed an HP DeskJet 694C directly to my NT4.0 server thru LPT1 >parallel port on the server. My problem is that I can not get my XP >workstations to print out of the printer at all. When I try to add the >printer to the workstation, it is looking for a driver from the server. I >can not seem to pull that driver off the server. I think I will need a step >by step instruction on how to properly get this thing set up. Any help >would be appreciated! I have been trying to get this to work for 6 months >now. No success. Thanks. Sounds like you need to install the network printer drivers. I'm guessing HP has them available on their website, but I don't know if they have drivers for that printer (which is rather old). NT server will not recognize the XP drivers to allow you to add them. To get around this you will need...

network install (help please?)
I have 2 comps. one has Redhat Fedora Core, and has 1 CD-ROM, and 1 CD-RW/DVD-ROM, and no shortage of hard drive space. The other is a severely depreciated laptop running at 400MHz, with 16MB of Ram, and a 6.5 GB hard drive. NO CD-ROM. i have all the equipment i need to network the two (PCMCIA card, PCI Network Card, 2 7 ft. cables, and a switching hub) The Laptop has a Windows OS on it, which has been run into the ground (i.e. the OS doesn't work anymore except in "safe mode") I am considering network install, but I have no idea how to do network installation. I'm thinking of installing Mandrake Linux 7.2 on the laptop, but i need to know how to set up network installation in fedora On Mon, 03 May 2004 04:47:55 +0100, Pandora Xero wrote: > I have 2 comps. > one has Redhat Fedora Core, and has 1 CD-ROM, and 1 CD-RW/DVD-ROM, and > no shortage of hard drive space. > > The other is a severely depreciated laptop running at 400MHz, with 16MB > of Ram, and a 6.5 GB hard drive. NO CD-ROM. > > i have all the equipment i need to network the two (PCMCIA card, PCI > Network Card, 2 7 ft. cables, and a switching hub) > > The Laptop has a Windows OS on it, which has been run into the ground > (i.e. the OS doesn't work anymore except in "safe mode") > > I am considering network install, but I have no idea how to do network > installation. I'm thinking of installing Mandrake Linux 7.2 on the > lapt...

Linux installation
I wonder if you can help me. I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop with an Intel P4 2.2GHz CPU, 40GB HD formatted as NTFS and 512MB RAM. I wondered if I would be possible to partition my hard drive and setup my laptop so that I could boot into Windows XP Pro (which is currently installed) or Linux depending on which I wanted to use at the time. Is all this possible? If I partitioned my HD would I lose any data that is currently on the HD? I was thinking of partitioning the HD into two partitions of 20GB each, is that the best way to go about it? How could I set it up to enable me to select whether I wanted to boot into Win XP Pro or Linux? I am very much a novice at Linux; in fact I have never used it before, but I will want to get a bit more involved once I know what I am doing. Which distribution of Linux do you recommend I go for given all the information I have supplied? I know I can download Live versions of the different distributions, but can I download the full versions that get installed on a HD? Where can I find and download the full version of the Linux distribution you recommend for me? I appreciate all help and information given. Thanks! Neil On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:48:24 +0100, Neil Hindry wrote: > I wonder if you can help me. net etiquette/Newsgroup tip: Multi-posting is considered antisocial on Usenet. If you want to send the same message to more than one newsgroup, CROSSPOST! And if you crosspost, provide a Followup newsgroup. Som...

Installing Linux (Help Me Please)
i own a HP Pavillion PC and i can't get Linux installed, i want to dual boot with my windows and Caldera Openlinux 2.2 which i have on CD. However i need to partition my hard drive so i installed Partition Magic from the same CD which tells me to eject the CD and restart my pc which should then boot Partition Magic but my PC just restarts windows, i think is because of the HP Boot Screen which seems to skip a lot that other pcs dont(e.g counting the RAM at the start) i phoned HP Tech Support who reccomend i don't install Linux as it will Void my warranty, and they refuse to tell...

Newbie Install
I just installed apache 2.0.49 (I used to have one of the 1.3...)and I moved over the content of my website - the index file in the htdocs is my home page, but when I check it out online it says the "if you are seeing this page...." I then read up on the httpd.conf and read much of the manual, made changes here and there, but I still have that "if" page coming up as my home page. Urgent help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, my site has been down for a few hours now. Dman, I'm a newbie too but a ran into the same problem. Check the Doc...

dbdbd installation help please
has anyone successfully installed dbdbd? this program has just the right level of simplicity and power for what i want to do (manage a small to medium-sized flat file database). i have downloaded and unzipped it onto my single-user machine and when i try and install it using "ruby install.rb" as root (as per the documentation included with the program) i get the following error message : install.rb:10: undefined method '+' for nil (Name Error) line 10 in install.rb looks like this : dest = Config::CONFIG["sitelibdir"] + File::SEPARATOR + source am i missing a l...

installation problem
Hi, I have an installation problem here (CVS-version) - Although the Preferences/Folders/Scripts shows /home/jarausch/.gimp-2.3/scripts and /usr/local/share/gimp/2.0/scripts I only see the scripts in the first folder. I've check all permissions of these directories/files. I've also invoked Xtns/Script-Fu/Refresh Scripts. Many thanks for your help, Helmut Jarausch Belgium Helmut Jarausch wrote: [...] > Many thanks for your help, See if gimp tries to open your usr-directory: strace -e open gimp 2>&1 | grep scripts If not, then it's not ...

Please help with laptop install
Hi everyone, My Toshiba Protege 7020CT finally arrived... woo! :) Here's the situation: I was going to install OBSD 3.6 via FTP, using my wireless PCMCIA Buffalo AirStation CardBus. So I downloaded floppyC36.fs, dd'ed it to a floppy, and all was working well. However, in my dmesg, it shows that OBSD didn't configure my Buffalo AirStation card. It recognises it as a Buffalo, but that's about it. Here's the message: Broadcom, 802.11b Cardbus, 8.0, � (manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0) vendor "Broadcom", unknown product 0x4320 (class network subclas...

Web resources about - Please Help Me - PHP Installation - comp.lang.php

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

Shark attack delays shark-proof barrier installation at Middleton Beach, Albany
Workers putting in a shark-proof barrier at a WA beach on Sunday were forced to postpone the installation after a shark attacked a pygmy whale ...

Apple launching new broken iPhone upgrade, screen protector installation programs
... $200 for a 6, and $250 for a 6 Plus. Also involving iPhone displays, Apple Stores will start offering official plastic screen protector installations ...

Apple rolls out iPhone screen protector installation service in Japan
Earlier today, it was reported that Apple would be rolling out a service that would offer professional installation of iPhone screen protectors ...

SolarCity Installations Decline Amid Shift Away From Growth
... Tuesday. That fell short of its October forecast of 280 megawatts to 300 megawatts. And in the current quarter, the company expects installations ...