sending mail from php and correct MS Outlook receive

Hello,

In my MS Outlook I use global address book to handling contacts.
When I send email from Outlook to myself and double click on sender I
get information about me from my global address book.

When I use php mail() function to sending messages and then double
click on sender I get specificity message email window only.

How do I have to prepare header at mail() function (for example: FROM:
???) that after send and double click on sender in Outlook I get
information about sender from Outlook global address book ?

Is it possible ?

mail($to,$subj,$msg,"FROM: Some Name <user@domain.com>");

Should work out for you.

0
jasonbar (2)
1/8/2006 12:32:53 PM
mail($to, $subj, $msg, "FROM: Some Name <user@domain.com>");

Should work out for you.

0
jasonbar (2)

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The senders name $to = trim($_GET['maily']); //The senders email address $place = trim($_GET['place']); //The senders email address $subject = "you have recieved mail"; $headers = "From:$name"; $message = "{$name} deemed you worthy of receiving the following information/exchange from Trumpet.\n\n Follow This Link {$place}"; mail($to, $subject, $message,$headers); //a very simple send echo 'contactarea|<p class="sent">Article Sent!</p>'; //now lets update the "contactarea" div on the contact.html page. The contactarea| tell's the javascript which div to update. ?> shybe wrote: > I have a send mail script on my site that. > > The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients > like Outlook, Mail, etc...) > > Is this a problem with the script, or is it something ...

fyi - combination of outlook and php
Hi Folk Some of my clients asked me to create "fancy emails" for them (aka html formatted emails). I know how to make a nice html document, but I had trouble creating a simple way to provide the document to my clients so that they could use it to. I know most of them use Outlook XP or Outlook 2003, so what I created was a page that creates a Visual Basic script that, when saved to the desktop and clicked (run), opens a message in outlook using the html provided. To see this in action, please go to : http://www.rakau.com/station/index.php I would love to have some feedback. > Nicolaas Worked on: Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 4 Language: German (Regional Setting: German) MS Office Word 2003 (11.5604.5606) Feedback: Subject, and `to:' e-mail address will be fine windandwaves wrote: > Hi Folk > > Some of my clients asked me to create "fancy emails" for them (aka html > formatted emails). > > I know how to make a nice html document, but I had trouble creating a simple > way to provide the document to my clients so that they could use it to. > > I know most of them use Outlook XP or Outlook 2003, so what I created was a > page that creates a Visual Basic script that, when saved to the desktop and > clicked (run), opens a message in outlook using the html provided. > > To see this in action, please go to : > > http://www.rakau.com/stati...

Send array from php to php

PHP mail() function is sends emails to sendmail but they never get received
Hi... I got a really a nasty problem with my mail() function... I have a form mailer on my website which is using the mail() funcion of my own webserver. After sending a message the mail script is telling me that the email was send correct. But nobody is receiving it. I have tried a lot of different domains incase that the email address which I have used been blocked because of SPAM. The mail() function has worked for long time.....and I did nothing changed on the configuration. What is the reason for this? I couldn't find anything information regarding this problem. Thanks for your he...

php not sending mail
Hello All, I am trying to send an email from a php page, but it always get stuck in the mail queue as the user that apache is running as, although i can send emails from php scripts Any suggestions ? Thanks, onlineviewer wrote: > Hello All, > > I am trying to send an email from a php page, but it always get stuck > in the mail queue > as the user that apache is running as, although i can send emails from > php scripts > > Any suggestions ? > > Thanks, > Hi, What do you mean when you say 'gets stuck in the mail queue'? Does that mean is never gets out, or that receiving server (smtp) needs a little time to get it delivered? Regards, Erwin Moller onlineviewer wrote: > Hello All, > > I am trying to send an email from a php page, but it always get stuck > in the mail queue > as the user that apache is running as, although i can send emails from > php scripts > > Any suggestions ? > > Thanks, > Sorry, my crystal ball is broken, so I can't see your code. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== ...

receive mails through php
Hi ! All, I want to write one php script which can accept any mail send to my mail id. Can any one help me out in this. ------- Aditi Aditi Jindal wrote: > Hi ! All, > > I want to write one php script which can accept any mail send to my > mail id. Can any one help me out in this. > > ------- > Aditi What have you tried so far? Have any code? What experience do you have with PHP? You may find someone to tell you how to do it, but I don't think it will be free. -- ************************************ Remove the "x" from my email address Scott Johnson futureshockx@att.net ************************************ >I want to write one php script which can accept any mail send to my >mail id. Can any one help me out in this. If you are running a UNIX (or similar, such as Linux) system with its own mail transport agent like Sendmail or Exim, you can use a ".forward" file in your home directory to specify that the message should be piped into a command that you specify (which could be a PHP script). For safety until it is debugged, I recommend directing the mail to a file *and* the command, so when the first try blows up, you don't lose mail. You can also set up an alias which receives mail by piping it into a command. Now search "command line" in the online documentation on php.net. It's possible that the command-line PHP isn't installed on your system even if PHP and a web server are. There's ...

about send mail with php
Hello, I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users. The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time. What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in their spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll lose my clients. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks! On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:36:55 +0200, Marise wrote: > Hello, > > I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users. > The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time. > What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get > the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because > if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in > their > spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll > lose my clients. > > Looking forward to your reply. > > Thanks! > Host your website in a better neighborhood, maybe? -- Windows is a pane in the ass.... Marise wrote: > Hello, > > I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users. > The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time. > What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get > the same resul...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

Problem with Mail()
In my PHP 5.0 at home, I'm using the following code to successfully write to a database and also send out an email. For some reason, when I take this code to work, it still writes to the database but doesn't send mail so we're (me and the I.T. guy) trying to find out whether it's the difference between PHP 4 or something else with email security. Does anyone here have experience with mail() in PHP 4 to know whether PHP 4 had issues with mail() that were fixed with PHP 5 ???? We've been chasing this from the mail server side at work when perhaps its some nuance between versions of PHP. Appreciate any help... Chris /* > $to = stripslashes($to); */ $to = stripslashes($to)."\r\n"; $subject = stripslashes($subject); $text = stripslashes($text); /* > mail('$to',$subject, $text); */ mail($to, $subject, $text, "From: admin@localhosthome.com"); cover wrote: > $to = stripslashes($to)."\r\n"; > Might or might not be the cause, but you should remove the trailing CRLF here. JW On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:33:57 +0100, "Janwillem Borleffs" <jw@jwscripts.com> wrote: >cover wrote: >> $to = stripslashes($to)."\r\n"; >> > >Might or might not be the cause, but you should remove the trailing CRLF >here. Thanks for the reply. I tried it after reading your post and no change... Thanks again, cover wrote: > In my PHP 5.0 at home, I'm using the following co...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

PHP mail and MS Exchange
Hi, when I use php mail() I can send mail to my gmail account without any problems. When I try to send to the company Exchange server nothing seems to happen. The mail sends successfully but it never arrives. How can I track down what is going on here? Thanks! On 14 Sep, 14:48, sso <strongsilent...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > when I use php mail() =A0I can send mail to my gmail account without any > problems. =A0When I try to send to the company Exchange server nothing > seems to happen. =A0The mail sends successfully but it never arrives. > > How can I track down what is going on here? > > Thanks! My definition of successfully sending mail is that it does indeed arrive at its destination. On Sep 14, 10:00=A0am, Captain Paralytic <paul_laut...@yahoo.com> wrote: > On 14 Sep, 14:48, sso <strongsilent...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi, > > > when I use php mail() =A0I can send mail to my gmail account without an= y > > problems. =A0When I try to send to the company Exchange server nothing > > seems to happen. =A0The mail sends successfully but it never arrives. > > > How can I track down what is going on here? > > > Thanks! > > My definition of successfully sending mail is that it does indeed > arrive at its destination. I agree :) Have you any further incites? On Sep 14, 10:05=A0am, sso <strongsilent...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Sep 14, 10:00=A0am, Captain Para...

sending PHP mail from my laptop?
I can set the host and port, but I don't see that there is anywhere to specify the username and password for an email account on a remote server. Is that do-able? RJ_32 wrote: > I can set the host and port, but I don't see that there is anywhere to specify > the username and password for an email account on a remote server. > > Is that do-able? > Not with the mail command. However, the PHPMailer class as Micha suggests can handle such things (and more) for you. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== Jerry Stuckle wrote: > RJ_32 wrote: >> I can set the host and port, but I don't see that there is anywhere to >> specify >> the username and password for an email account on a remote server. >> >> Is that do-able? >> > > Not with the mail command. > > However, the PHPMailer class as Micha suggests can handle such things > (and more) for you. > yes, thanks, easy to use. However, to enable SSL, I had to add to my php.ini: extension=php_openssl.dll and also to place a copy of that dll into the .../ext directory. It's apparently already finding libeay32.dll because my system path still points to the old PHP installation ...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

Sending mails with MS-Outlook
Hi all Have anyone been able to use or send mails with attachments using MS-Outlook? I’m trying now with Outlook 2010, and I can’t get any better than an error message. This is my simple code : --- FUNCTION MAIN() LOCAL oOutlook, oMail TRY oOutlook := GetActiveObject( "Outlook.Application" ) CATCH TRY oOutlook := CreateObject( "Outlook.Application" ) CATCH Alert( "ERROR! Outlook no esta. [" + Ole2TxtError()+ "]" ) RETURN END END oMail := oOutlook:CreateItem( 0 ) oMail:Recipients:Add( "myaddress@hotmail.com" ) oMail:Subject := "Test del E-milio" oMail:Attachments:Add( "c:\temp\eftransfer.pdf" ) oMail:HTMLBody := MEMOREAD( "c:\temp\textohtml.txt" ) oMail:Send() oOutlook:Quit() wait "..." RETURN NIL --- When the program reaches the :SEND (above), it throws this error: Error Outlook.Application:CREATEITEM/0 S_OK: SEND Arguments: () So I don’t know how to go with it. I don’t have any docs about Outlook 2010; also tested it with Outlook 2007 and the problem remains the same. Anyone have a hint? Regards, --- Lic. Claudio VOSKIAN Phone/Fax: (+54 11) 4988-0114 Mobile: (+54 911) 4435-4789 Aol/Msn/Skype/Y!: cvoskian - icq#: 18122595 Hi I suggest to use the hb_sendmail function to send emails Regards Luiz On 10 mar, 10:44, "Claudio Voskian" <mixxell-nosp...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi all > > Hav...

php send mail problem

when receiving the mail(php mail function), the variable's last value is getting converted to $ or # replacing the digit

how to use the PHP path to send something explicitly to the PHP parser?
Hi. I'm messing around with some stuff in an .htaccess file. Among other things, I'd like to send my html files to the PHP parser. I'd also like to rewrite the urls using Apache mod_rewrite, so that the query string disappears, but the variables are still recorded. For all these tasks, I need to know the PHP path. When I run phpinfo, I see this listed as the Path: PATH /bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin I'm not sure how to use that infomation. Do I use all of it? Some of it? lkrubner@geocities.com wrote: > Hi. I'm messing around with some stuff in an .htaccess file. Among > other things, I'd like to send my html files to the PHP parser. I'd > also like to rewrite the urls using Apache mod_rewrite, so that the > query string disappears, but the variables are still recorded. For all > these tasks, I need to know the PHP path. When I run phpinfo, I see > this listed as the Path: > > PATH /bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin The path in php is where the interpreter will look for system commands when a full path is not provided. For instance: <?php $contents = `ls -fl`; ?> PHP will look in each of the PATH directories for the ls command: /bin/ls /usr/bin/ls /sbin/ls /usr/sbin/ls /usr/local/bin/ls /usr/local/sbin/ls If none of the above are found, then you will get an error... > I'm not sure how to use that infomation. Do I use all of it? Some of > it?...

php mail() send to outside addresses
Howdy, I have successfully setup my php.ini file on a web server to communicate with my Microsoft Exchange Mail server, and can test the ability to send mail using the mail() function to internet mail addresses. (mailboxes on our network), However, when attempting to send mail to an outside address (ex: someone at gmail dot com) the mail() returns "failed". Here's my setup. Windows 2003 IIs 6.0 webserver Windows 2003 box running Exchange 2003 Is it a change I need to make to php.ini to allow mail to outside e- mail domains? Is it a setting I need to change within Exchange? Or is it simply a limitation of mail() to not be able to send mail to outside domains? Greatly appreciate your responses! Chris xx75vulcan wrote: > Howdy, > > I have successfully setup my php.ini file on a web server to > communicate with my Microsoft Exchange Mail server, and can test the > ability to send mail using the mail() function to internet mail > addresses. (mailboxes on our network), > > However, when attempting to send mail to an outside address (ex: > someone at gmail dot com) the mail() returns "failed". > > Here's my setup. > Windows 2003 IIs 6.0 webserver > Windows 2003 box running Exchange 2003 > > > Is it a change I need to make to php.ini to allow mail to outside e- > mail domains? Is it a setting I need to change within Exchange? Or is > it simply a limitation of mail() to not be able to send ...

Problem sending e-mail from PHP
I'm running FreeBSD 4.8 with Postfix and PHP. Postfix is working fine. I'm using a couple of PHP applications which fail to send mail. I can't find anything in the maillog. When using SMTP from PHP mail is being sent. I want the native PHP mail function to work properly. In my php.ini the sendmail_path points to the correct location for the postfix sendmail wrapper. The sendmail wrapper also works fine when used from a command line. Here are the relevant parameters for mail in php.ini [mail function] ; For Win32 only. #SMTP = localhost ; For Win32 only. #sendmail_from = me@localhost.com ; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i"). sendmail_path =/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i Any hints on what the problem might be and how to solve it ? - Ron In article <bfv7t4$mam$1@news.hccnet.nl>, "Ron Bakker" <Ron.Bakker@hccnet.nl> wrote: > I'm using a couple of PHP applications which fail to send mail. > I can't find anything in the maillog. > [snip] > The sendmail wrapper also works fine when used from a command line. > [snip] > Any hints on what the problem might be and how to solve it ? chmod 4755 /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail Any luck? hth -- Bulworth : funha@fung.arg | My email address is ROT13 encoded, decode to mail --------------------------|-------------------------------------------------- <http://www.phplab...

I tried posting to it (I am subscribed and have posted to it successfully before, but this time I got this error message: >> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. >> >> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its >> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) >> failed: >> >> php-general@lists.php.net >> SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: >> host pair1.php.net [76.75.200.58]: 550 we're manly enough already WTH...

Why can't I send a mail with PHP
I can't send a mail with the following mail header: $headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\n"; $headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\n"; $headers .= "From: \"User\" &lt;user@inter.net&gt;\n"; Therefore $headers is set to (echo $header;) MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 From: "User" <user@inter.net> The mail has not been delivered and my PHP server says: [24-Nov-2005 00:37:19] PHP Warning: mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in C:\PHP\file.php on line 132 If I use $headers .= "From: user@inter.net\n"; instead of $headers .= "From: \"User\" &lt;user@inter.net&gt;\n"; is works perfect. What's wrong? Stefan Don't use &lt; and &gt;. Use the actual characters < and >. "Stefan Mueller" <seekware-remove-@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dm30pb$1e9u$1@news.imp.ch... >I can't send a mail with the following mail header: > $headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\n"; > $headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\n"; > $headers .= "From: \"User\" &lt;user@inter.net&gt;\n"; > > Therefore $headers is set to (echo $header;) > MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 From: > "User" <use...

Not being able to send mails through PHP using SMTP
Hello everyone, I am using Apache 1.3.33 as the web server and PHP version 4.3.10. My machine is using Windows XP 2002 professional edition which comes with a Windows firewall. I am using McAfee free edition for anti-virus. I use an ISP provider from my country and according to them I do not need to perform authentication while sending mails through their SMTP address. Thus I am using external SMTP server. I don't have IIS installed in my computer nor do I have an SMTP server running. I tried the PHP's mail(...) function but the function fails. It reports that the connection to the SMTP host cannot be made. I set the SMTP host using the ini_set function as well as editing the php.ini and specifying the host (then again restarting Apache server). This doesn't help. The mail function still fails with the same error. Disabled the Windows firewall and McAfee anti-virus. But the same problem persists. Thinking that I may have somehow messed up the header information or not properly using CRLF, I used the phpmailer class. The classes have been installed properly. The phpmailer's send(..) function also fails with the error: Debug Warning: C:\Program Files\Pcounter Web Report\www\libraries\class.smtp.php line 177 - fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.wlink.com.np:25 I am using the default port that is 25. Verified that my ISP provider also uses port 25 for SMTP. I debugged the phpmailer class and the fsockopen(..) function fails as you can also see from the...

Web resources about - sending mail from php and correct MS Outlook receive - comp.lang.php

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

[...] Facebook Prevents Users From Sending Suspicious Friend Requests To Strangers, Inside Facebook [...] ...
Facebook has begun implementing new security measures to prevent friend request spamming. Some users are being shown a “This Request Can’t Be ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE ...
Get Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE emoticons and emojis - on the App Store. ...

Thanks for sending an iPhone4 and Sim T-Mobile but ... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... that's probably not going to work. (also, I'm sticking with the iPod touch).

Texas Man Makes $10K A Month Sending Potatoes With Personalized Messages In The Mail! - YouTube
Alex Craig, 24, said he came up with the idea for Potato Parcel earlier this year while having dinner with his girlfriend. His girlfriend called ...

Defence Minister David Johnston backs away from talk of Australia sending troops to Iraq
A frustrated Defence Minister David Johnston has downplayed the chances of Australian troops becoming involved in Iraq despite Prime Minister ...