sending mail otherthan mail()

Hello everyone,

My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I
need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method
of sending emails using php without using mail().

If there is any tweak to be done at the server level I will be able to
convince the admin. The server has linux Enterprice edition 3 with php
4.3.11 and cpanel/whm.

Please guide me to the method and i will be able to collect other
information about it from google.

Thanks
Jaunty Edward

smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote:
> My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I
> need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method
> of sending emails using php without using mail().

So getting an alternative to mail() will simply circumvent the
"antispam fix".

On unix, mail() is nothing more than a wrapper to a local sendmail
program, on win32 it's a wrapper that communicates to a smtp daemon.

So either you can do yourself (exec()/sockets) or use on of the classes
to be found on the usual sites (phpclasses/hostscritps)...

0
partmapsswen (295)
5/27/2005 10:24:23 AM
Thank daniel,

are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able
to send emails using php.

I don't know what the server admin is going to do with the spam
problem. But will I be able to send emails using classes.

Thanks once again.
Jaunty

smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote:
> are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able
> to send emails using php.

Like, libmail itself uses mail() to actually send the mail.  Searching
for smtp at phpclasses.org, shows some that might be usefull to you,
first one (http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/14.html) can connect
to any smtp daemon you have access to.

Also there is a call to local sendmail example on
http://nl3.php.net/popen (webmaster at elcurriculum dot com 09-Dec-2004
09:05), which IMHO would be the preffered method (if possible).

> I don't know what the server admin is going to do with the spam
> problem. But will I be able to send emails using classes.

A better solution would be to scan outgoing mail.

0
partmapsswen (295)
5/27/2005 10:50:10 AM
Hi Daniel,

Many thanks for the links and info. I don't like that site though....

Thanks once again.

Bye

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The senders name $to = trim($_GET['maily']); //The senders email address $place = trim($_GET['place']); //The senders email address $subject = "you have recieved mail"; $headers = "From:$name"; $message = "{$name} deemed you worthy of receiving the following information/exchange from Trumpet.\n\n Follow This Link {$place}"; mail($to, $subject, $message,$headers); //a very simple send echo 'contactarea|<p class="sent">Article Sent!</p>'; //now lets update the "contactarea" div on the contact.html page. The contactarea| tell's the javascript which div to update. ?> shybe wrote: > I have a send mail script on my site that. > > The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients > like Outlook, Mail, etc...) > > Is this a problem with the script, or is it something ...

PHP mail() function failing to send mail
Hi everyone, Our setup: PHP 4.3.11, FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE, Sendmail 8.1, 1 host environment, 2 jails. Our problem: While we can send email from the command line just fine in one of the jails, we cannot use the php mail() command to send email using sendmail at all. The function, when executed, does absolutely nothing. No error, no reports to the maillog, nothing. I've read somewhere that it's "not possible" to send mail using the php mail() function within a freebsd jail, but i'm nearly certain we have it working this way on another server, but can't seem to figure out the issue. Anyone know any tests we can do to learn more? Thanks. Check out the log messages from your sendmail... If it's not logging anything, try increasing (temporarily) the log level (24 should be more than enough) Probability says that you're running into a permission issue with sendmail. Probably your PHP/Apache user is not allowed to relay email. I'm not sure this might apply since I am not familiar to BSD, but, had similar problems with a RH machine just a few days ago ...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

Send Mail with Apple Mail
FMP 10 on OS 10.6: When I use the send mail script step, I get formattet text in the E-mail. This is funny because the Apple Mail setting for new mails is text only. Any ideas how to get text only mails into Apple Mail? -- Christoph Kaufmann http://clk.ch ...

mail form not sending mail
Hi all, I am trying to test a simple feedback form. I have php 5.0.3.3 on my dev Windows server 2003. SMTP is working fine, as we all use it to send mail from. PHP works fine as well, but I just cant get mail sent by php, although no errors are reported. Do I understand it correctly that this simple script should send me a mail? This is just to test that it works. <?php mail('me@whatever.com', 'My Subject', 'message'); header( "Location: http://webserver/message_sent.htm" ); ?> Okay, the " Location: http://webserver/message_sent.htm" comes up fine, and "<?php phpinfo() ?>" also works fine. SMTP allows relay from my subnet and does not need authentication. please help TIA Indrapoera ...

Sending mail with mail() without header
Hi, I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to send the data by e-mail. When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, $message) The error looks something like this: Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients: Recipient address: services@theirdomain.com Reason: Illegal host/domain name found I also used something like this in the script to make it work when sending it to myself: ini_set('SMTP', 'mail.theirdomain.com'); ini_set('sendmail_from', 'services@theirdomain.com'); Is it the fact that I send this email in plain text with no headers that could trigger some sort of spam filtering? If so, what headers should I be using? Thanks in advance > Hi, > > I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to > send the data by e-mail. > > When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) > everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the > people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I > do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, > $message) > > The error looks something like this: > > Your mess...

php not sending mail
Hello All, I am trying to send an email from a php page, but it always get stuck in the mail queue as the user that apache is running as, although i can send emails from php scripts Any suggestions ? Thanks, onlineviewer wrote: > Hello All, > > I am trying to send an email from a php page, but it always get stuck > in the mail queue > as the user that apache is running as, although i can send emails from > php scripts > > Any suggestions ? > > Thanks, > Hi, What do you mean when you say 'gets stuck in the mail queue'? Does that mean is never gets out, or that receiving server (smtp) needs a little time to get it delivered? Regards, Erwin Moller onlineviewer wrote: > Hello All, > > I am trying to send an email from a php page, but it always get stuck > in the mail queue > as the user that apache is running as, although i can send emails from > php scripts > > Any suggestions ? > > Thanks, > Sorry, my crystal ball is broken, so I can't see your code. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== ...

about send mail with php
Hello, I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users. The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time. What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in their spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll lose my clients. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks! On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:36:55 +0200, Marise wrote: > Hello, > > I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users. > The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time. > What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get > the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because > if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in > their > spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll > lose my clients. > > Looking forward to your reply. > > Thanks! > Host your website in a better neighborhood, maybe? -- Windows is a pane in the ass.... Marise wrote: > Hello, > > I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users. > The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time. > What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get > the same resul...

pls help me when i sent mail, it vil sending twice instead of once ,am using java.mail,am sending my code....
Every thing is working fine but it sending message twice instead of once. in the Forget.jsp page am accepting username or email <struts-config.xml> <form-beans> <form-bean name="forgotUname" type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm"> <form-property name="userName" type="java.lang.String" /> <form-property name="email" type="java.lang.String" /> </form-bean> </form-beans> <action-mappings> <action path="/Forgot" name="forgotUname" type=&q...

Send Voice Mail & Encrypted Mail!
Please visit http://www.whimsysoft.com for My Voice Email & InfoLock My Voice Email 1.5 My Voice Email lets you record and send audio messages instead of ordinary e-mail. All you need to do is speak and click, which will take less time than typing a message. It is a friendly interface that is easy to use. Your audio message will be compressed to mp3 format prior to sending to reduce file size and maintain sound quality. No need for emoticons since you can easily convey humor, laughter, and other emotions online in voice email! The length of your voice message is unlimited. Voice...

javax.mail sends mail with broken charset
Hello, I send mail with javax.mail and I noticed that some special chars are broken. I am using UTF-8 on my development system, where the mail generating code is produced. The received mail also contains "charset=UTF-8". But it's broken. The string "��" is delivered as "=E4=DF" ( see below). How can I fix this? Laura Message-ID: <13382290.1.1401258077688.JavaMail.tomcat7@h1403230.stratoserver.net> Subject: Test MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Date: Wed, 2...

Send Voice Mail & Encrypted Mail
Please visit http://www.whimsysoft.com for My Voice Email & InfoLock My Voice Email 1.5 My Voice Email lets you record and send audio messages instead of ordinary e-mail. All you need to do is speak and click, which will take less time than typing a message. It is a friendly interface that is easy to use. Your audio message will be compressed to mp3 format prior to sending to reduce file size and maintain sound quality. No need for emoticons since you can easily convey humor, laughter, and other emotions online in voice email! The length of your voice message is unlimited. Voice...

Re: Sending HTML mail from VMS MAIL?
JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote on 06/16/2006 02:52:25 PM: > Syltrem wrote: > > > $ cr[0,8]=13 > > > $ lf[0,8]=10 > > > $ subject="[BACKUP] VMS Backup Summary" + cr + lf + - > > > "Mime-Version: 1.0" + cr + lf + - > > > "Content-Type: text/HTML" > > > $ mail/sub="''subject'" 'summary_file support_dist > > > > That works great ! > > > It may work today, but I am not sure this is garanteed to work forever. Okay...

Mail .Mac cannot send mail via smtp mac
I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found without any problem I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, what could be wrong ? thanks joss In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found > without any problem > > I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, > what could be wrong ? > > thanks > > joss Without more detail, it's only a guess...but perhaps your provider is blocking port 25. It's probably a good idea to switch to the "submission port" instead. I don't use Apple's Mail program for my .Mac account and don't know just now where to go there for setting this, but it's an automatic option I use with Eudora. You should also turn on the encryption settings for better security. = Steve = -- Steve W. Jackson Montgomery, Alabama On 2007-10-11 18:07:53 +0200, "Steve W. Jackson" <stevewjackson@knology.net> said: > In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, > Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > >> I reinitialized my .Mac mail box.. pop and smtp server were found >> without any problem >> >> I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server, >> what could be wrong ? >> >...

sending PHP mail from my laptop?
I can set the host and port, but I don't see that there is anywhere to specify the username and password for an email account on a remote server. Is that do-able? RJ_32 wrote: > I can set the host and port, but I don't see that there is anywhere to specify > the username and password for an email account on a remote server. > > Is that do-able? > Not with the mail command. However, the PHPMailer class as Micha suggests can handle such things (and more) for you. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== Jerry Stuckle wrote: > RJ_32 wrote: >> I can set the host and port, but I don't see that there is anywhere to >> specify >> the username and password for an email account on a remote server. >> >> Is that do-able? >> > > Not with the mail command. > > However, the PHPMailer class as Micha suggests can handle such things > (and more) for you. > yes, thanks, easy to use. However, to enable SSL, I had to add to my php.ini: extension=php_openssl.dll and also to place a copy of that dll into the .../ext directory. It's apparently already finding libeay32.dll because my system path still points to the old PHP installation ...

Mail server supporting manager authoriasation to send mail
Our "IT" partner is reviewing Kerio Mailserver and MS Exchange. A server will be deployed in each of 8 offices (1x 4 people, 3x 8 people, 1x 50, 3x 20 people). As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15 across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a mailserver/client which doesn't permit mail to be sent directly to (and preferably from) addresses other than @firms.domain without first being sent to a partner and approved. what staff need to be able to do is enter joe@bloggs.domain, hit send and it go to a partner or more than one depending on the office, then all the partner needs to do is press yes or no without having to mess around copying the content from one message to a new one. Any comments on the software (or the deployment stratergy - my personal choice wound have been as all mail has to go through the head office mail server first anyway to only have one central server and access over the firm's VPN - each remote office has a 512k DSL, the head office would have a faster upload connection than the 256k DSL provides - but i think this will have to happen anyway) Regards and thanks in advance Chris > As part of the firms Professional Indemnity procedures all written > communication in and out must be approved by a partner (about 15 > across firm), the same must apply with email. What we require is a > mailserver/client which...

php send mail problem

i am getting error while sending mail using mail() function
i am getting following error. Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "smtp.gmail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in D:\LUGUBA\root\site\temp5.php on line 8 i have done the following (1) in php.ini file SMTP = smtp.gmail.com smtp_port = 465 sendmail_from = kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com (2) i am sendig mail using mail() function and i am passing only defaulst arguments to,subject,body is it enough to send a mail or something is missing?? and do not i need to give password of my above email address kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com thxs for help in advance....... vishal wrote: > i am getting following error. > > Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at > "smtp.gmail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting > in php.ini or use ini_set() in D:\LUGUBA\root\site\temp5.php on line 8 > I think it's very nlikely that Gmail will allow relaying, although you should be able to send to your own account. Port 465 is for SMPTS (i.e. SSL wrapped SMTP) C. *** vishal wrote/escribi� (6 Apr 2005 02:35:56 -0700): > SMTP = smtp.gmail.com > smtp_port = 465 > sendmail_from = kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com Gmail's SMTP server only allows encrypted connections; it also requires a username and password. I don't think that mail() function can do such a job. You should find a diffe...

Suddenly cannot send mail through mail.app via gmail
I have been set up with gmail.com and using mail.app to access it when I am at my home computer. When I moved from Tiger to Leopard, I noticed that posting, as measured by the rotating symbol duration, increased in time by maybe three times as much, but it still worked. I was able to send until about 10 am today, and then it stopped. Had to do my mail through Safari, which I hate. I updated from 10.5.3 to 10.5.4 at about 1 pm, but the problem started well before then and it didn't help. The inbox is working fine and my dsl seems to be working as well as it ever does. I have not messe...

iBook and Mail, no "send mail" sound
A friend of mine has a white iBook (G3, I think, running Panther). She has always liked the "whoosh" sound of mail being sent from Apple Mail, but she said it disappeared after some geek relatives were visiting for the holidays (maybe just a coincidence). The file that causes the sound, "Mail Sent.aiff," accessible by viewing Mail's package contents, is definitely in her Mail app, andn other sounds are working fine in all applications. Another issue that might be related: She has never done any maintenance (with Disk Utility or something like MacJanitor), and never shuts down or restarts--she just closes the lid when she's not using it, keeps Mail and Safari open, etc. I heard that the automatic UNIX maintenance doesn't wake up a laptop to do its thing. Correct? In article <nosredna-C5AFA6.14023828112005@news.isp.giganews.com>, nosredna <nosredna@suscom.net> wrote: > A friend of mine has a white iBook (G3, I think, running Panther). She > has always liked the "whoosh" sound of mail being sent from Apple Mail, > but she said it disappeared after some geek relatives were visiting for > the holidays (maybe just a coincidence). The file that causes the sound, > "Mail Sent.aiff," accessible by viewing Mail's package contents, is > definitely in her Mail app, andn other sounds are working fine in all > applications. Another issue that might be related: She has never done >...

Change ~/mail to ~/.mail ?
Dear readers, I have searched Google and read the FAQ at http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Can anyone tell me, if that's possible? Lots of love, Janni *** Janni Jensen (d_e_l_e_t_e_janni@t_h_i_s_elvis.com.nspm) wrote in...: :) I have searched Google and read the FAQ at :) http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/ but I can't figure out if it is :) possible to change ~/mail to ~/.mail Dear Janni, Yes, try pressing M S L and edit the contents of the "mail collection". Change "mail/" to "...

Web resources about - sending mail otherthan mail() - comp.lang.php

Juan de la Cruz
From: The Collected Works Of St. John Of The Cross , translated by Kieran Kavanaugh, OCD, and Otilio Rodriguez, OCD, revised edition (1991), ...

COPYRIGHT ACT 1968 - NOTES
Act No. 63 of 1968 as amended This compilation was prepared on 21 February 2012 taking into account amendments up to Act No. 46 of 2011 The ...

HistoricPlaces.ca - Glossary of Terms
Need a definition? Here is a glossary of terms used in the field of heritage conservation and architecture.

AnandTech - A Second Shot: Windows Vista SP1
What’s Fixed In SP1 Bug fixes are a big part of any Microsoft service pack, butnot just for the bugs being fixed specifically by the service ...

Laughter: An Essay on the Meaning of Comic - III (by Henri Bergson)
The complete text of Laughter: An Essay on the Meaning of Comic

ISS Recommends AOL Holders Vote for Two Starboard Nominees
Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. recommended that AOL Inc. shareholders vote for six directors selected by the Internet company, as well ...