f



sending mail without the mail client popping up

hi!

I was wondering how I could send a mail without the mail client
popping up to the user.
I would like a mail to be sent to myself when someone's pushing a
button on my homepage. Any ideas?

obscurr
0
obscurr (7)
10/31/2003 12:28:52 PM
comp.lang.php 32646 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
574 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

"Obscurr" <obscurr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4452c409.0310310428.bfa6c2f@posting.google.com...
> hi!
>
> I was wondering how I could send a mail without the mail client
> popping up to the user.
> I would like a mail to be sent to myself when someone's pushing a
> button on my homepage. Any ideas?
>
> obscurr


See php.net: mail();
Regards
Richard Grove

http://redeyemedia.co.uk
http://shopbuilder.org
http://musicshopper.co.uk


0
Richard
10/31/2003 12:35:20 PM
"Obscurr" <obscurr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4452c409.0310310428.bfa6c2f@posting.google.com...
> hi!
>
> I was wondering how I could send a mail without the mail client
> popping up to the user.
> I would like a mail to be sent to myself when someone's pushing a
> button on my homepage. Any ideas?
>
> obscurr

Hi!

Try the mail() function.  It will do what you are asking:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php

HTH - JM


0
nospam5446 (10)
10/31/2003 1:52:40 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The senders name $to = trim($_GET['maily']); //The senders email address $place = trim($_GET['place']); //The senders email address $subject = "you have recieved mail"; $headers = "From:$name"; $message = "{$name} deemed you worthy of receiving the following information/exchange from Trumpet.\n\n Follow This Link {$place}"; mail($to, $subject, $message,$headers); //a very simple send echo 'contactarea|<p class="sent">Article Sent!</p>'; //now lets update the "contactarea" div on the contact.html page. The contactarea| tell's the javascript which div to update. ?> shybe wrote: > I have a send mail script on my site that. > > The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients > like Outlook, Mail, etc...) > > Is this a problem with the script, or is it something ...

Sending mail with mail() without header
Hi, I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to send the data by e-mail. When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, $message) The error looks something like this: Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients: Recipient address: services@theirdomain.com Reason: Illegal host/domain name found I also used something like this in the script to make it work when sending it to myself: ini_set('SMTP', 'mail.theirdomain.com'); ini_set('sendmail_from', 'services@theirdomain.com'); Is it the fact that I send this email in plain text with no headers that could trigger some sort of spam filtering? If so, what headers should I be using? Thanks in advance > Hi, > > I'm working on a website where there is a from from which I want to > send the data by e-mail. > > When I send myself the result with mail($my_email, $title, $message) > everything works fine and I receive a plain text email. However, the > people for which I'm doing the site receive some kind of error when I > do the same thing but delivered to them > mail($their_email, $title, > $message) > > The error looks something like this: > > Your mess...

PHP mail() function failing to send mail
Hi everyone, Our setup: PHP 4.3.11, FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE, Sendmail 8.1, 1 host environment, 2 jails. Our problem: While we can send email from the command line just fine in one of the jails, we cannot use the php mail() command to send email using sendmail at all. The function, when executed, does absolutely nothing. No error, no reports to the maillog, nothing. I've read somewhere that it's "not possible" to send mail using the php mail() function within a freebsd jail, but i'm nearly certain we have it working this way on another server, but can't seem to figure out the issue. Anyone know any tests we can do to learn more? Thanks. Check out the log messages from your sendmail... If it's not logging anything, try increasing (temporarily) the log level (24 should be more than enough) Probability says that you're running into a permission issue with sendmail. Probably your PHP/Apache user is not allowed to relay email. I'm not sure this might apply since I am not familiar to BSD, but, had similar problems with a RH machine just a few days ago ...

PHP Mail not sending mail to itnernal email address
Running a PHP mail script on Linux which has Exchange as the mail server. The script does not send mail to any internal email address but sends it to any other address outside its domain! Can somebody please help... Thanks Tanya www.bluent.co.in Hello, On 10/13/2003 03:29 AM, Tanya wrote: > Running a PHP mail script on Linux which has Exchange as the mail > server. > The script does not send mail to any internal email address but sends > it to any other address outside its domain! > Can somebody please help... If the message is not delivered, it is probably being rejected and you should get a bounce in the return address. If you do not get a bounce, maybe your Linux server is still retrying and the message is trapped in a queue. To analyse your problem and have a quick answer to what it can be, you may want to try this class that comes with a wrapper function named smtp_mail(). It emulates the mail() function so you can replace it without further changes. You just need to set it to direct delivery mode, so it tries to send to your Exchange server immediately instead of leaving in your local queue. If the message is rejected, you will get a self-explanatory error message that can tell you what is going on. http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage You also need this: http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass -- Regards, Manuel Lemos Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP http://www.phpclasses.org/ Hello, On 10/13/2003 03:29 AM, Tanya wro...

Mail will not send mail but will receive mail
At work I have a Wallstreet with Jaguar connected to a DSL line. Up until a couple days ago I have been able to use my personal ISP smtp address to send and receive mail. This is not the same company as the DSL provider. A couple days ago I was able to receive posts but not send them. I tried repairing permissions, and trashing the Mail prefs. Finally I emailed my ISP and the response was that I have to use the DSL carrier's smtp address. Yet, I've been using my personal ISP's smtp address for about a year. At home I use a dialup with the ISP and everything works fi...

sending mail otherthan mail()
Hello everyone, My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method of sending emails using php without using mail(). If there is any tweak to be done at the server level I will be able to convince the admin. The server has linux Enterprice edition 3 with php 4.3.11 and cpanel/whm. Please guide me to the method and i will be able to collect other information about it from google. Thanks Jaunty Edward smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I > need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method > of sending emails using php without using mail(). So getting an alternative to mail() will simply circumvent the "antispam fix". On unix, mail() is nothing more than a wrapper to a local sendmail program, on win32 it's a wrapper that communicates to a smtp daemon. So either you can do yourself (exec()/sockets) or use on of the classes to be found on the usual sites (phpclasses/hostscritps)... Thank daniel, are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able to send emails using php. I don't know what the server admin is going to do with the spam problem. But will I be able to send emails using classes. Thanks once again. Jaunty smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able > to send emails using php....

Send mail from Windows without access to php.ini?
I've found example on how to send email using PHP on Windows 2000. However they all say to set the outgoing SMTP server address in the php.ini file in the Windows system directory. That's a problem for me because I intend to upload this to my hosting company's server, where I do not have access to the system directory. Each user on this system has their own virtual mail server. Is there a way to specify the mail server in the script itself? Can anyone point me to an example of this? Thanks for your help. Bruce W...1 <bruce@nodirectemail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to specify the mail server in the script itself? Can anyone > point me to an example of this? As far as I know there is no way to specify the outgoing mail server "Bruce W...1" <bruce@noDirectEmail.com> wrote in news:3F674549.71F6E87E@noDirectEmail.com: > I've found example on how to send email using PHP on Windows 2000. > However they all say to set the outgoing SMTP server address in the > php.ini file in the Windows system directory. > > That's a problem for me because I intend to upload this to my hosting > company's server, where I do not have access to the system directory. > Each user on this system has their own virtual mail server. > > Is there a way to specify the mail server in the script itself? Can > anyone point me to an example of this? > Have you tried a phpinfo() page to see if they have an S...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails
I used to receive data in mail from users. I used to read those data and load that into a ORACLE table. However I am not able to delete those mails after reading and loading it. Currently I delete them manually when the mail file grow very big Is there a way we can delete these mails after we read it using shell script ? ...

mail form not sending mail
Hi all, I am trying to test a simple feedback form. I have php 5.0.3.3 on my dev Windows server 2003. SMTP is working fine, as we all use it to send mail from. PHP works fine as well, but I just cant get mail sent by php, although no errors are reported. Do I understand it correctly that this simple script should send me a mail? This is just to test that it works. <?php mail('me@whatever.com', 'My Subject', 'message'); header( "Location: http://webserver/message_sent.htm" ); ?> Okay, the " Location: http://webserver/message_sent.htm" comes up fine, and "<?php phpinfo() ?>" also works fine. SMTP allows relay from my subnet and does not need authentication. please help TIA Indrapoera ...

Mail client app for Google mail?
My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app would work? -- _____________________________ Ron, the humblest guy in town On 2013-09-13 23:33:31 +0000, Ron said: > My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online > Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried > Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app > would work? Thunderbird works great on the MacBook Pro with gmail. I have not idea what you mean about it not working. It by default does just what is intended with imap mail. Apple Mail is a bit hokey however and deleted files go to all mail in the iMap folders. I use Thunderbird fairly exclusivly for gmail on my Mac. In message <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid> Ron <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote: > Our IT > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. Do they have a reason, or are they just gibbering morons? > What alternative app would work? Any mail app that supports IMAP should *work* with gmail. Mail.app is the best one though. -- Humans are always slightly lost. It...

Send Mail with Apple Mail
FMP 10 on OS 10.6: When I use the send mail script step, I get formattet text in the E-mail. This is funny because the Apple Mail setting for new mails is text only. Any ideas how to get text only mails into Apple Mail? -- Christoph Kaufmann http://clk.ch ...

change mail address in mail client
Hi, I try to change my mail address on default mail client on Solaris 8. Is it possible, Rgds, Vincent ...

mail client unable to retrieve mail
I have been noticing that a number of my clients over the last few months have experienced a similar problem. Every now and then around the start of the work day random clients will have trouble retrieving mail via their mail client software. If I connect to teh mail server via it's web interface (Squirrel) and empty the inbox it seems to clear this up. Has anyone come across this before? Is there someplace within sendmail or redhat that determines the number of requests it can handle and then hangs certain users who start requesting their mail after the queue has been filled? TIA Hello, > I have been noticing that a number of my clients over the last few months > have experienced a similar problem. Every now and then around the > start of > the work day random clients will have trouble retrieving mail via > their mail > client software. If I connect to teh mail server via it's web interface > (Squirrel) and empty the inbox it seems to clear this up. What does the inbox of your server have to do with sendmail? ;-) > Has anyone come across this before? Is there someplace within sendmail or > redhat that determines the number of requests it can handle and then > hangs > certain users who start requesting their mail after the queue has been > filled? If you don't provide more information about the software you use nobody will be able to help you. We can't guess, what your problem could be. Take a look into l...

php not sending mail
Hello All, I am trying to send an email from a php page, but it always get stuck in the mail queue as the user that apache is running as, although i can send emails from php scripts Any suggestions ? Thanks, onlineviewer wrote: > Hello All, > > I am trying to send an email from a php page, but it always get stuck > in the mail queue > as the user that apache is running as, although i can send emails from > php scripts > > Any suggestions ? > > Thanks, > Hi, What do you mean when you say 'gets stuck in the mail queue'? Does that mean is never gets out, or that receiving server (smtp) needs a little time to get it delivered? Regards, Erwin Moller onlineviewer wrote: > Hello All, > > I am trying to send an email from a php page, but it always get stuck > in the mail queue > as the user that apache is running as, although i can send emails from > php scripts > > Any suggestions ? > > Thanks, > Sorry, my crystal ball is broken, so I can't see your code. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== ...

about send mail with php
Hello, I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users. The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time. What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in their spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll lose my clients. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks! On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:36:55 +0200, Marise wrote: > Hello, > > I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users. > The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time. > What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get > the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because > if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in > their > spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll > lose my clients. > > Looking forward to your reply. > > Thanks! > Host your website in a better neighborhood, maybe? -- Windows is a pane in the ass.... Marise wrote: > Hello, > > I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users. > The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time. > What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get > the same resul...

[Eudora and Mail] Importing e-mail into Mail ?
Hi, After many years using Eudora, I think it is time to switch. Eudora is corrupting its mailboxes, old messages tend to mix up and become unreadable. This is unfortunate as otherwise Eudora does the right things for me. So the questions are : - which e-mail app do you recommend (on a PowerBook G4/667, 10.4.10) ? - I am currently trying Mail; succeeded in importing the Eudora mailboxes except the Inbox (1GB) -> how do I import it ??? CAB Try Eudora Mailbox Cleaner. Worked perfectly for me. Jenny On Oct 16, 11:40 pm, cab <v...@nospam.com> wrote: > Hi, > After many years us...

pls help me when i sent mail, it vil sending twice instead of once ,am using java.mail,am sending my code....
Every thing is working fine but it sending message twice instead of once. in the Forget.jsp page am accepting username or email <struts-config.xml> <form-beans> <form-bean name="forgotUname" type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm"> <form-property name="userName" type="java.lang.String" /> <form-property name="email" type="java.lang.String" /> </form-bean> </form-beans> <action-mappings> <action path="/Forgot" name="forgotUname" type=&q...

PHP logs not working, and unable to send mail through sendmail via PHP
Hoping someone can help me out with this problem. First problem, is I am unable to view my php error log. In my php.ini I have my log in /var/www/logs/php_error_log. However, it has remained empty. Secondly, my sendmail works fine from command prompt. However, when trying to send mail through a php script (I have tried a couple), it says it is succesfull, but my mail logs show nothing going out. No error messages. Can someone take a look at my snippets below of my logging and my mail options and suggest some things for me to try please? Thanks. :) -Wayne Stevenson [PHP] ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; About this file ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; ; This is the recommended, PHP 4-style version of the php.ini-dist file. It ; sets some non standard settings, that make PHP more efficient, more secure,........ ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; Error handling and logging ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; error_reporting is a bit-field. Or each number up to get desired error ; reporting level ; E_ALL - All errors and warnings ; E_ERROR - fatal run-time errors ; E_WARNING - run-time warnings (non-fatal errors) ; E_PARSE - compile-time parse errors ; E_NOTICE - run-time notices (these are warnings which often result ; from a bug in your code, but it's possible that it was ; intentional (e.g., using an uninitialized variable and ; relying on the fact it's automatically initia...

Open new mail with standard mail client
Hello everybody, i've got a little problme: i've got a java 1.5 application from where i want to start a new mail within the windows standard mail client and give body and subject to it. I know there is an implementation in java 1.6, but i need a solution in java 1.5. Does anybody has an idea for Java 1.5? Tanks and bye Beat ...

Send Voice Mail & Encrypted Mail!
Please visit http://www.whimsysoft.com for My Voice Email & InfoLock My Voice Email 1.5 My Voice Email lets you record and send audio messages instead of ordinary e-mail. All you need to do is speak and click, which will take less time than typing a message. It is a friendly interface that is easy to use. Your audio message will be compressed to mp3 format prior to sending to reduce file size and maintain sound quality. No need for emoticons since you can easily convey humor, laughter, and other emotions online in voice email! The length of your voice message is unlimited. Voice...

javax.mail sends mail with broken charset
Hello, I send mail with javax.mail and I noticed that some special chars are broken. I am using UTF-8 on my development system, where the mail generating code is produced. The received mail also contains "charset=UTF-8". But it's broken. The string "��" is delivered as "=E4=DF" ( see below). How can I fix this? Laura Message-ID: <13382290.1.1401258077688.JavaMail.tomcat7@h1403230.stratoserver.net> Subject: Test MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Date: Wed, 2...

Re: Sending HTML mail from VMS MAIL?
JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote on 06/16/2006 02:52:25 PM: > Syltrem wrote: > > > $ cr[0,8]=13 > > > $ lf[0,8]=10 > > > $ subject="[BACKUP] VMS Backup Summary" + cr + lf + - > > > "Mime-Version: 1.0" + cr + lf + - > > > "Content-Type: text/HTML" > > > $ mail/sub="''subject'" 'summary_file support_dist > > > > That works great ! > > > It may work today, but I am not sure this is garanteed to work forever. Okay...

Send Voice Mail & Encrypted Mail
Please visit http://www.whimsysoft.com for My Voice Email & InfoLock My Voice Email 1.5 My Voice Email lets you record and send audio messages instead of ordinary e-mail. All you need to do is speak and click, which will take less time than typing a message. It is a friendly interface that is easy to use. Your audio message will be compressed to mp3 format prior to sending to reduce file size and maintain sound quality. No need for emoticons since you can easily convey humor, laughter, and other emotions online in voice email! The length of your voice message is unlimited. Voice...

Web resources about - sending mail without the mail client popping up - comp.lang.php

Sending/receiving relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A sending/receiving relationship is one in which a public school district sends some or all of its students to attend the schools of another ...

U.K. Woman Faces 20 Months For Creating Fake Facebook Accounts, Sending Herself Abusive Messages
A woman in Cornwall in the U.K. came up with a creative way to use Facebook to accelerate a family spat, and it earned her 20 months in prison. ...

CHVRCHES - Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like... - Facebook
Dear guys, Please stop sending us emails like this. This is one of the more polite ones. Other recent classics include "I'm going to give her ...

[...] Facebook Prevents Users From Sending Suspicious Friend Requests To Strangers, Inside Facebook [...] ...
Facebook has begun implementing new security measures to prevent friend request spamming. Some users are being shown a “This Request Can’t Be ...

A better experience for sending Tweets and DMs - Twitter Blog
... panel New Tweet panel in da...... Skip to main content Blog Got an account? Sign in Search form Search &nbsp A better experience for sending ...

How to Go From Working 60 Hours a Week to 40 By Sending 2 Emails a Week
I’m convinced 95% of cubicle workers who work over 60 hours a week constantly can cut it down to 40-45 hours by sending 2 emails a week to their ...

Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE ...
Get Emoticon and Emoji Box for iPhone -Save Emoticons,emoji,pic and images for Sending Message! 200 FREE emoticons and emojis - on the App Store. ...

Thanks for sending an iPhone4 and Sim T-Mobile but ... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... that's probably not going to work. (also, I'm sticking with the iPod touch).

Texas Man Makes $10K A Month Sending Potatoes With Personalized Messages In The Mail! - YouTube
Alex Craig, 24, said he came up with the idea for Potato Parcel earlier this year while having dinner with his girlfriend. His girlfriend called ...

Defence Minister David Johnston backs away from talk of Australia sending troops to Iraq
A frustrated Defence Minister David Johnston has downplayed the chances of Australian troops becoming involved in Iraq despite Prime Minister ...

Resources last updated: 3/24/2016 6:09:44 AM