There is no PHP.ini

Hi all,

I've a fresh install of php 4.1.10 on my XP machine and there is no php.ini
file.

I've removed any from system directory, so wich one it is using ? as they
are no other php.ini file than in the Backup directory of the php install
dir.

Bob

0
bedford11 (103)

Bob Bedford wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've a fresh install of php 4.1.10 on my XP machine and there is no
> php.ini file.
>
> I've removed any from system directory, so wich one it is using ? as
> they are no other php.ini file than in the Backup directory of the php
> install dir.

   running phpinfo() function will tell you.  If there is not file, then
it will use the default values.

   /Marcin
"Marcin Dobrucki" <Marcin.Dobrucki@TAKETHISAWAY.nokia.com> a �crit dans le
message de news: TmlTd.38700$k4.755367@news1.nokia.com...
> Bob Bedford wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've a fresh install of php 4.1.10 on my XP machine and there is no
>> php.ini file.
>>
>> I've removed any from system directory, so wich one it is using ? as they
>> are no other php.ini file than in the Backup directory of the php install
>> dir.
>
>   running phpinfo() function will tell you.  If there is not file, then it
> will use the default values.
>
>   /Marcin
Thanks for replying Marcin,

I've this in phpinfo():

0
bedford11 (103)
2/24/2005 3:07:22 PM
"Marcin Dobrucki" <Marcin.Dobrucki@TAKETHISAWAY.nokia.com> a �crit dans le
message de news: TmlTd.38700$k4.755367@news1.nokia.com...
> Bob Bedford wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've a fresh install of php 4.1.10 on my XP machine and there is no
>> php.ini file.
>>
>> I've removed any from system directory, so wich one it is using ? as they
>> are no other php.ini file than in the Backup directory of the php install
>> dir.
>
>   running phpinfo() function will tell you.  If there is not file, then it
> will use the default values.
>
>   /Marcin
will try again....
Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS

But I've no php.ini file in this directory and it probably takes default
values.

How to change this path ? I'like it points in the PHP's install dir
(c:\program files\php)

Bob

0
bedford11 (103)
2/24/2005 3:09:28 PM
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:09:28 +0100, "Bob Bedford"
<bedford1@notforspammershotmail.com> wrote:
>"Marcin Dobrucki" <Marcin.Dobrucki@TAKETHISAWAY.nokia.com> a �crit dans le
>message de news: TmlTd.38700$k4.755367@news1.nokia.com...
>
>will try again....
>Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS
>
>But I've no php.ini file in this directory and it probably takes default
>values.
>
>How to change this path ? I'like it points in the PHP's install dir
>(c:\program files\php)

 Set the PHPRC environment variable.

 http://uk.php.net/configuration

 Having PHP and the config file in a directory whose path contains a space is
probably a recipe for pain, but that's up to you - it can probably be persuaded
to work.

--
Andy Hassall / <andy@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:09:28 +0100, "Bob Bedford"
<bedford1@notforspammershotmail.com> wrote:

>will try again....
>Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\WINDOWS
>
>But I've no php.ini file in this directory and it probably takes default
>values.
>
>How to change this path ? I'like it points in the PHP's install dir
>(c:\program files\php)

Assuming you use Apache, you can use the PHPIniDir directive:

	PHPIniDir E:/bin/inet/Apache2/conf"

I store php.ini in disk:/<ApacheInstallPath>/conf, which is the
same directory as where httpd.conf resides.

>Bob

Hope this helps,

--
  )  Kees Nuyt