Trouble installing PHP 5.3 on WinXP, Apache 2.2

Hi,

I'm trying to install PHP 5.3 on Apache 2.2, WinXP.  I've added this
line to my httpd.conf file

LoadModule php5_module "C:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"

but when I start Apache using "httpd -k start", I'm getting this
error ...

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin>httpd -k
start httpd: Syntax error on line 503 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP/
php5apache2_2.dll into server: The specified module could not be
found.

I have verified that the file exists.  Can anyone think of any other
reasons why this isn't working?  If this question is better asked on
another newsgroup, please let me know.

Thanks, - Dave

El 18/01/2010 17:30, laredotornado@zipmail.com escribi�:
> I'm trying to install PHP 5.3 on Apache 2.2, WinXP.  I've added this
> line to my httpd.conf file
>
> LoadModule php5_module "C:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
>
> but when I start Apache using "httpd -k start", I'm getting this
> error ...
>
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin>httpd -k
> start httpd: Syntax error on line 503 of C:/Program Files/Apache
> Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP/
> php5apache2_2.dll into server: The specified module could not be
> found.

I see nothing wrong. Your setup is similar to mine.

Did you download the appropriate binary? VC6 vs VC9, Thread Safe vs Non
Thread Safe?

If you got Apache from httpd.org, you need the VC6+Thread Safe, which is
a bit hidden in the download page.

--
-- http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://borrame.com
<alvaro.NOSPAMTH...@demogracia.com.invalid> wrote:
> El 18/01/2010 17:30, laredotorn...@zipmail.com escribi=F3:
>
> > I'm trying to install PHP 5.3 on Apache 2.2, WinXP. =A0I've added this
> > line to my httpd.conf file
>
> > LoadModule php5_module "C:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
>
> > but when I start Apache using "httpd -k start", I'm getting this
> > error ...
>
> > C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin>httpd -k
> > start httpd: Syntax error on line 503 of C:/Program Files/Apache
> > Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP/
> > php5apache2_2.dll into server: The specified module could not be
> > found.
>
> I see nothing wrong. Your setup is similar to mine.
>
> Did you download the appropriate binary? VC6 vs VC9, Thread Safe vs Non
> Thread Safe?
>
> If you got Apache from httpd.org, you need the VC6+Thread Safe, which is
> a bit hidden in the download page.
>
> --
> --http://alvaro.es- =C1lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
> -- Mi sitio sobre programaci=F3n web:http://borrame.com
> -- Mi web de humor satinado:http://www.demogracia.com
> --

Thanks, I hadn't downloaded that version so I got the VC6+Thread
Safe.  This time when I started Apache, I'm getting one of those
Microsoft Error Report dialogs that reports

Apache HTTP Server has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We
are sorry for the inconvenience.

The error signature is ...

szAppName : httpd.exe     szAppVer : 2.2.14.0     szModName :
php5ts.dll
szModVer : 5.3.1.0     offset : 000e618c

Any other ideas? - Dave
0
laredotornado
1/18/2010 7:07:48 PM
laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 18, 10:42 am, "�lvaro G. Vicario"
> <alvaro.NOSPAMTH...@demogracia.com.invalid> wrote:
>> El 18/01/2010 17:30, laredotorn...@zipmail.com escribi�:
>>
>>> I'm trying to install PHP 5.3 on Apache 2.2, WinXP.  I've added this
>>> line to my httpd.conf file
>>> LoadModule php5_module "C:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
>>> but when I start Apache using "httpd -k start", I'm getting this
>>> error ...
>>> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin>httpd -k
>>> start httpd: Syntax error on line 503 of C:/Program Files/Apache
>>> Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP/
>>> php5apache2_2.dll into server: The specified module could not be
>>> found.
>> I see nothing wrong. Your setup is similar to mine.
>>
>> Did you download the appropriate binary? VC6 vs VC9, Thread Safe vs Non
>> Thread Safe?
>>
>> If you got Apache from httpd.org, you need the VC6+Thread Safe, which is
>> a bit hidden in the download page.
>>
>> --
>> --http://alvaro.es- �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
>> -- Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web:http://borrame.com
>> -- Mi web de humor satinado:http://www.demogracia.com
>> --
>
> Thanks, I hadn't downloaded that version so I got the VC6+Thread
> Safe.  This time when I started Apache, I'm getting one of those
> Microsoft Error Report dialogs that reports
>
> Apache HTTP Server has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We
> are sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> The error signature is ...
>
> szAppName : httpd.exe     szAppVer : 2.2.14.0     szModName :
> php5ts.dll
> szModVer : 5.3.1.0     offset : 000e618c
>
> Any other ideas? - Dave

Ensure you're loading the correct dll's.  This is most often caused
because you have multiple copies of one or more dll's.  To start with,
get rid of any extra copies (i.e. from previous downloads of this
version or a previous version you were running).

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
On Jan 18, 1:42=A0pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> laredotorn...@zipmail.com wrote:
> > On Jan 18, 10:42 am, "=C1lvaro G. Vicario"
> > <alvaro.NOSPAMTH...@demogracia.com.invalid> wrote:
> >> El 18/01/2010 17:30, laredotorn...@zipmail.com escribi=F3:

> >> I see nothing wrong. Your setup is similar to mine.
>
> >> Did you download the appropriate binary? VC6 vs VC9, Thread Safe vs No=
> >> Thread Safe?
>
> >> If you got Apache from httpd.org, you need the VC6+Thread Safe, which =
is
> >> a bit hidden in the download page.
>
> >> --
> >> --http://alvaro.es-=C1lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
> >> -- Mi sitio sobre programaci=F3n web:http://borrame.com
> >> -- Mi web de humor satinado:http://www.demogracia.com
> >> --
>
> > Thanks, I hadn't downloaded that version so I got the VC6+Thread
> > Safe. =A0This time when I started Apache, I'm getting one of those
> > Microsoft Error Report dialogs that reports
>
> > Apache HTTP Server has encountered a problem and needs to close. =A0We
> > are sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> > The error signature is ...
>
> > szAppName : httpd.exe =A0 =A0 szAppVer : 2.2.14.0 =A0 =A0 szModName :
> > php5ts.dll
> > szModVer : 5.3.1.0 =A0 =A0 offset : 000e618c
>
> > Any other ideas? - Dave
>
> Ensure you're loading the correct dll's. =A0This is most often caused
> because you have multiple copies of one or more dll's. =A0To start with,
> get rid of any extra copies (i.e. from previous downloads of this
> version or a previous version you were running).
>
> --
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Remove the "x" from my email address
> Jerry Stuckle
> JDS Computer Training Corp.
> jstuck...@attglobal.net
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Thanks for this advice.  What actually fixed things for me in the end
was installing PHP 5.2 instead of the 5.3 version I had before.  I'm
fairly certain I have removed all other installations, but at least
I'm past the initial problem I was having.

 - Dave
0
laredotornado

Load average differences between Apache 1.3.37/PHP 4.4.6 and Apache 2.2.4/PHP 5.2.1
Hi folks, I've encountered something rather strange. This morning, I upgraded our production server, providing web services for our library website, from Apache 1.3.37/PHP 4.4.6 to Apache 2.2.4/PHP 5.2.1. The server, which normally exhibits a load average below 1 most of the time, spiked to loads that approached 100 if left alone. The interesting part of this is that this load average seems to be almost artificial - it appears to be caused by httpd processes stuck in a "closing connection" state (TIME_WAIT, in netstat). These processes are still running according t...

Install of APACHE 2.5.9 and PHP 5.2.3
Hello, I install the apache server in my Red Hat Linux with ssl support (using openssl 0.9.8) In this step my Apache server started without any problem After this i install php 5.2.3 and i Had this : /etc/init.d/httpd start Syntax error on line 37 of /usr/lib/httpd/modules/httpd.conf: Cannot load /php/libphp5.so into server: /php/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size A problem occured, preventing Apache to start Please any one can help me thank's On 12 Jun, 16:06, baroudi <baroudi.abdelmou...@gmail.com> wrote: > > /etc/init.d/http...

Apache 2.2.3 PHP 4.4.5 Install Fails
Sigh. I have Apache 2.2.3 installed and running on WinXP Pro SP2. I installed PHP 4.4.5 and added the following lines in httpd.conf PHPIniDir C:/PHP445/ LoadModule php4_module C:/PHP445/php4apache2.dll When I restarted Apache, i got this error: The Apache service reported the following error: >>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 488 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP445/php4apache2.dll into server: The specified module could not be found. Turns out that php4apache2.dll requires libapr.dll, libaprutil.dll and libapriconv.dll...

CSWS 2 (apache) / PHP 1.2 (php 4.2.3) / Oracle 9i OCI8 connectivity under OpenVMS
I'm currently trying to interface CSWS 2.0 (apache) / PHP v1.2 (PHP 4.3.2) with an Oracle 9.2 database under OpenVMS 7.3.2 The database connection works fine, but i've a problem with OCIexecute when i'm trying to select varchar value. My script works fine with int value, but give no resultt (error page) when there's a varchar colum in the select statement Someone Have exeprienced such problem ? Who can help me with APACHE/PHP/Oracle9I/OpenVMS configuration ? Environnement problem ? NLS problem ? Thanks in advance for all Best regards ...

apache 2.2.15 service won't start w/ PHP 5.3.2, Windows XP
On a localhost development configuration under Windows XP Pro (SP3), I cannot get Apache2.2.15 http service to start after I enable PHP 5.3.2 as a module. Without PHP, Apache starts and works just fine; PHP itself works (from a command prompt). I had had Apache 2.2.14 and an older PHP 5.2.x working happily together, supporting MySQL, phpMyAdmin, etc. I uninstalled all that and instead: (1) Installed Apache 2.2.15 from httpd-2.2.15-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi (also tried the openssl version when the former + PHP didn't work). It's installed as a service for all users on port 80. And I'...

php 5.3.8 und Apache 2.2.19
Hallo zusammen Nachdem die vc6-Versionen nicht mehr unterst=FCtzt werden, wollte ich auf vc9 updaten. Habe daher das vc9 threadsave heruntergeladen. Dann noch den Apache von http://www.apachelounge.com/download/, welcher f=FCr vc9 zust=E4ndig sein sollte. Leider kommt mir beim aufstarten, wenn ich LoadModule php5_module "C:/ Programme/PHP/php5.dll" aktiviere folgende Fehlermeldung: httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 114 of C:/Programme/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module structure `php5_module' in file C:/Programme/php/php5.dll: No er...

php 5.1.4, apache 2.2.3, and libxslt
I'm having a baffling problem. I've got Apache 2.2.3 and php 5.1.4 installed on a Windows 2000 Pro machine. I've enabled the libxslt extension by uncommenting the line "extension=php_xsl.dll" in php.ini, and my extension_dir is properly pointing to "c:\php\ext". OK, it worked for a while. The problem is the libxslt functions aren't working now, and when I run php_info() it doesn't show any xslt library. I swear it did just last week. I've been going crazy trying to figure out what changed, and what I need to do to get my xslt functions working agai...

building php 5.3.2 on aix 5.2
Hi, I'm trying to build PHP 5.3.2 on AIX 5.2 ML01, gcc & gcc++ 4.0, make 3.8 gmake crashes with the following msg: collect2: ld returned 254 exit status gmake: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1 PHP 5.0.5 builds fine. any idea? TIA Michael Michal K napisa�(a): > Hi, > > I'm trying to build PHP 5.3.2 on AIX 5.2 ML01, gcc & gcc++ 4.0, make 3.8 > > gmake crashes with the following msg: > > collect2: ld returned 254 exit status > gmake: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1 Of course, PHP version is 5.2.3, in addition here's my configure command ../configure --p...

Apache 2.0.50 php 4.3.8 Aix 5.2
I have apache 2 already installed and working. aixstar root /usr/httpd/bin > ./httpd -l Compiled in modules: core.c mod_access.c mod_auth.c mod_include.c mod_log_config.c mod_env.c mod_setenvif.c prefork.c http_core.c mod_mime.c mod_status.c mod_autoindex.c mod_asis.c mod_cgi.c mod_negotiation.c mod_dir.c mod_imap.c mod_actions.c mod_userdir.c mod_alias.c mod_so.c ../configure --with-apxs2=/usr/httpd/bin/apxs --with-oci8=/ora01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0 --enable-ftp --enable-sigchild --disable-libxml Works fine, without displaying any errors. m...

php degugger on php 5.2.2 (xampp 1.6.2) real brainer
Hi, I tried to get php dbg debugger working on my machine but it doesn't work at all. Ok, what i did: copied php_dbg-5.2.x.dll (for PHP 5.2.x version) into my xampp/php/ext directory next, modified /xampp/apache/bin/php.ini file appending: [debugger] extension=php_dbg-5.2.x.dll debugger.enabled=on debugger.profiler_enabled=on debugger.hosts_allow=localhost 127.0.0.1 ;debugger.hosts_deny=ALL debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16 debugger.JIT_host = clienthost debugger.JIT_port = 7869 Now, when i restard my server and try to get http://localhost my apache crashes and windows gives me a wind...

Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 5.1.4 on Win2k crashing
I just installed Apache 2.2.2 on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine to test the new version. Everything works except PHP (version 5.1.4): when starting Apache, it pops out a message saying that it is unable to locate the module (even set on the correct path!), stops the execution and exits. On the other side, PHP works fine with Apache 2.0.55, so It's not a problem of a broken build. Got ideas? Thanks. -- Massimo Lombardo unwiredbrain@gmail.com wrote: > I just installed Apache 2.2.2 on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine to test > the new version. > Everything works except PHP (version ...

Suse 8.2 pro Apache 2.0.44 + PHP 4.3.1-24 = PHP not working
Hi Group! I am using Suse Linux 8.2 and the Apache and PHP versions shipped on CD. It seems, that the apache server still doesn't know how to treat php files. The httpd.conf looks like this: ----- LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache2-prefork/libphp4.so AddModule mod_php4.c # # PHP 4.x: # <IfModule mod_php4.c> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4 .phtml AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps </IfModule> ----- But anyway, if i try to open a php file like http://192.168.1.101/test.php, I receive a download dialog (Save as...). If i...

Apache 2.2.4 ignores PHP 5.2.4 scripts on Win2K3
Hi all PHP newbie here, 1) I disabled IIS. 2) Loaded Apache 2.2.4 on Win2K3. 3) Loaded PHP 5.2.4 pretty much bare bones, but included MySQL, SMTP, SOAP and ZIP extensions. Installers: apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-openssl-0.9.8d.msi php-5.2.4-win32-installer.msi Installer changed the httpd.conf file and added the following: PHPIniDir "C:/Program Files/PHP/" LoadModule php5_module "C:/Program Files/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll" AddType application/x-httpd-php .php Error log shows that PHP was configured: .... [Fri Sep 14 16:07:49 2007] [notice] Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP/5.2.4 configu...

Another Newbie
Hi All, I'm a big newbie with all this, and I'm trying to install PHP 5.2 under Apache 1.3, my OS is Win XP. I first installed Apache and it is working fine. Please go through the following steps / file fragments and tell me where I'm going wrong in installing PHP. 1- I unzipped the PHP files to C:/Programming/PHP, and also copied the dll's to the system32 directory. 2- I copied the php.ini-dist file to the windows directory (renamed as php.ini) and added the following to it - doc_root = "C:/Programming/Apache Group/Apache/htdocs" extension_dir = "C:/Programmi...

Web resources about - Trouble installing PHP 5.3 on WinXP, Apache 2.2 - comp.lang.php

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper