Tutorial on php (or learning php)

I need to learn php and MySQL quickly to support an app.  Realizing
experience is the best teacher, and this takes time, does anyone ahve
any recommendations on:

books
tutorials
web sites
samples

to help me get going?

Thanks.
0
JAlbert (2)

Hugh Williams and David Lane have written a book called "Web Database
Applications with PHP and MySQL'' which you can obtain from Amazon at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596000413/hughwilliams-20/103-0647779-6796618.

This book has its own website at http://www.webdatabasebook.com/.

You can also download the code and install it locally.

HTH.

--
Tony Marston

http://www.tonymarston.net

"JA" <JAlbert@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message
> I need to learn php and MySQL quickly to support an app.  Realizing
> experience is the best teacher, and this takes time, does anyone ahve
> any recommendations on:
>
> books
> tutorials
> web sites
> samples
>
> to help me get going?
>
> Thanks.

0
tony155 (869)
4/21/2004 11:00:58 AM
JA wrote:

> I need to learn php and MySQL quickly to support an app.  Realizing
> experience is the best teacher, and this takes time, does anyone ahve
> any recommendations on:
>
> books
> tutorials
> web sites
> samples
>
> to help me get going?
>
> Thanks.
PHP.net really is good, it has references for all the instructions, and the
manual is actually pretty good for beginners.
0
wizard8354 (12)
4/21/2004 11:12:44 AM
JA wrote:

> I need to learn php and MySQL quickly to support an app.

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/PHP/Tutorials/

bblackmoor
0
bblackmoor (96)
4/21/2004 12:00:29 PM
With total disregard for any kind of safety measures JA
<JAlbert@Yahoo.Com> leapt forth and uttered:

> I need to learn php and MySQL quickly to support an app.
> Realizing experience is the best teacher, and this takes time,
> does anyone ahve any recommendations on:
>
> books
> tutorials
> web sites
> samples
>
> to help me get going?
>
> Thanks.

I had a flip through "PHP In A Nutshell" from O'Reilly Press today
and it looked pretty well-written. And covered a wide range of
topics.

Also, "The PHP Anthology" by Sitepoint Pty is getting pretty good
feedback. You can find it through http://www.sitepoint.com/ and I
think you can buy it through Amazon as well.

--
Phil Roberts | Dork Pretending To Be Hard | http://www.flatnet.net/
0

PHP games to learn PHP
Hi, I am learning PHP, but it can be kind of boring. Are there any games where you use PHP programming to play the game? This way you learn how to use PHP and it is fun. Does anybody know? Nick "Nick Mudge" wrote > I am learning PHP, but it can be kind of boring. Are there any games where > you use PHP programming to play the game? This way you learn how to use > PHP and it is fun. Does anybody know? Yes. Write something (a game, for example) in PHP. To make it even more entertaining, you could add a touch of javascript. Ivo "Ivo" <no@thank.you> wrote in message news:40cc70fe$0$62706$ee9da40f@news.wanadoo.nl... > "Nick Mudge" wrote > > I am learning PHP, but it can be kind of boring. Are there any games where > > you use PHP programming to play the game? This way you learn how to use > > PHP and it is fun. Does anybody know? > > Yes. Write something (a game, for example) in PHP. To make it even more > entertaining, you could add a touch of javascript. > Ivo Since all games are input, output and state engines, the PHP bit is limited to the latter. You get to do the input/output in something else (browsers, JScript, etc) and practise doing the state engine code in PHP. Something like an old-style play-by-mail is perfect. Witness something like http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi for ideas that do that. Garp Garp wrote: > "Ivo" <no@thank.you> wrote in mess...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

Can I learn PHP 5 with PHP 4 book?
Hi I would like to learn PHP and I know we are at version 5. A friend let me use 2 of his books but they cover PHP 4. Is that ok for starting to learn the language? Or should I go straight with a PHP 5 book ? Thanks a lot Patrick varois83 wrote: > Hi > > I would like to learn PHP and I know we are at version 5. A friend > let me use 2 of his books but they cover PHP 4. Is that ok for > starting to learn the language? Or should I go straight with a PHP 5 > book ? > > Thanks a lot > > Patrick > I'd recommend going straight for a PHP 5 book. While virtually everything in PHP4 works in PHP5, it's better to learn the new features such as better OO support available in PHP5. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== varois83 wrote: > Hi > > I would like to learn PHP and I know we are at version 5. A friend > let me use 2 of his books but they cover PHP 4. Is that ok for > starting to learn the language? Or should I go straight with a PHP 5 > book ? > > Thanks a lot > > Patrick > Hi Not really, there are significant differences in PHP5 compared to 4, especially the OOP class use, but also differences between mysql and mysqli are not shown in a PHP4 book, simply as mysqli has only been introduced with PHP5. Achim AchimR wrote: > varois83 wrote: >> Hi >> &...

PHP does not parse .PHP files
I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example, if I type "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system. If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access it through the browser, I get the content of the file and not the execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the text of the file as: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Why? Thanks Phong Ho wrote: >I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. > >With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example, if I type >"php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system. > >If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access >it through the browser, I get the content of the file and not the >execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the >text of the file as: > ><?php > phpinfo(); >?> > > >Why? >Thanks Do you have a webserver such as Apache running on the machine where you expect this to happen? Because it's the webserver, not the browser, that needs to know about php. The browser only does html. Margaret -- (To mail me, please change .not.invalid to .net, first. Apologies for the inconvenience.) "Phong Ho" wrote: > I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. > > With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For exam...

Send array from php to php

PHP 4 and PHP 5
What is main difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5? Is possible to use object programming apporach with PHP4? Is possible to use Stored Procedures in Oracle with PHP4? Where I can get more informations? Thanks in advance "ablyplus" <ablyplus@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cr5n6g$5bp$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > What is main difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5? take a look at http://www.zend.com/php5/ > Is possible to use object programming apporach with PHP4? Yes. The new features in PHP 5 are mainly cosmetic (e.g. visibility). With PHP 4 you can define classes with methods, properties and constructors. You can create objects from these classes at runtime. You do not *need* PHP 5 to write object oriented code with PHP. > Is possible to use Stored Procedures in Oracle with PHP4? Read the manual. take a looki at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.oci8.php at scroll down to example 2. > Where I can get more informations? Looking for it might be a start. > Thanks in advance You're welcome. -- Tony Marston http://www.tonymarston.net "ablyplus" <ablyplus@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cr5n6g$5bp$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > What is main difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5? Much improved OO, and the odd incompatibility. The only noticeble one is that array_merge must be given 2 arrays, you can just chuck in a simple variable and expect it to be merged with an array. It chucks a warning I believe, and still does it...

Does PHP need the .php extension ?
Hi guys, When I use PHP I give my file the .php extension. I always wondered if it could be an .htm page with a <script> block that the PHP resides in, the same way you would do JavaScript. If you can do it that way are there any benifits to that method ? Take care, Cyrus "Cyrus D." <satan@invalid.org> writes: > Hi guys, > > When I use PHP I give my file the .php extension. I always wondered if it > could be an .htm page with a <script> block that the PHP resides in, the > same way you would do JavaScript. If you can do it that way are there any > benifits to that method ? > > Take care, > Cyrus > > Right now you probably have a directive like this in your httpd.conf file (or your ISP does). AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php .php3 .inc .inf .phtml It identifies the extensions which should be processed by the php interpreter before output is sent to the browser. I believe you can also include this directive in a .htaccess file in your area and add .htm to the list. This would send all your files throught the interpreter and those that do not contain PHP code would just be passed through.... You mention Javascript, but that is a bit different. The interpretation of that happens at your browser -- all the PHP work is done at the server. Hope this helps. -- John __________________________________________________________________...

PHP with Indian PHP Developers

New to the group and PHP but tinkering with formmail.php to learn something
Hey all, new to the group and PHP. Not a programmer / coder but know how to follow directions and edit the script to do what I need it to do. Been farting around with the formmail.php v5.0 (and suggestions from the RJ modded 5.x) script from DTheatre http://www.dtheatre.com/scripts/formmail.php and I've gotten it to do basically what I need it to do which is mail me the submission from an HTML form I created. Anyone have decent experience with this form? I got a zillion questions. I'm getting stuck on the following couple of things: 1) Make the "required" fields either in the HTML code or the PHP script give an error when a user doesn't fill in a field. I've put in the <input type="hidden" name="required" value="some-value"> in the HTML but I'm sure I haven't set something in the script or something. 2) Requires #1 to be working first, but I'd like errors / incomplete fields to point to an error.html file. I've gotten the success message to work when it's filled and submitted. There's more but this is where I'm getting hung up for now. If anyone's played with the one from dtheatre, how does it compare to the one from Tectite? http://www.tectite.com/formmailpage.php Be gentle, it's my first time (har har). Thanks in advance all for helping the n00b. P.S: Any halfway decent books for beginners? - Thee Chicago Wolf <comp.lang.php> <Thee Chicago Wolf> <Mon, 01...

php notification through php sdk
Hi there I want to build a e-commerce website similar to wish.com and I have chosen opencast as my framework of choice. Now wish has a feature that when you save a product in wish and if you are logged in with Facebook or gmail all of your friends will get a notification that your friends has saved a item on wish. I want a similar feature on my site Now I know Facebook provide a sdk JavaScript and php and wish might be using something similar but I am using open cart can I open home page or product page in the sdk Thanks On 3/20/2015 7:30 AM, apoorv.kanungo@gmail.com wrote: &g...

php://memory and php://temp
http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php per the documentation: php://memory and php://temp are both listed under "Allows Appending" what am I missing / what's the point? They only seem to work with read/write modes such as fopen('php://memory','rw'); closing the handle, or trying to open another handle without closing the first essentially erase the contents... so what's the point of fopen('php://memory','a') ? you'll a) be appending nothing, b) no way to read what you just wrote? sure would be nice if you could $fh = fopen('php://memory', 'w'); fwrite($fh, 'test string'); fclose($fh); $fh = fopen('php://memory', 'r'); $result = fgets($fh,2048); fclose($fh); echo $result; On 10/12/2010 9:44 PM, BKDotCom wrote: > http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php > per the documentation: php://memory and php://temp are both listed > under "Allows Appending" > > what am I missing / what's the point? > > They only seem to work with read/write modes such as > fopen('php://memory','rw'); > > closing the handle, or trying to open another handle without closing > the first essentially erase the contents... so what's the point of > fopen('php://memory','a') ? > you'll > a) be appending nothing, > b) no way to read what you just wrote? > > sure would be nice if you could > > $fh = ...

Php constants in php.ini
I am trying to set user_agent = PHP_VERSION in php.ini. In my php.ini the instructions say that you can use constants in the php.ini file. The only constants I can get to work, though, are the error level constants like E_ALL, E_ERROR, E_WARNING, etc., ... Is anyone aware of some sort of trick to getting others to work? (I was thinking it would be nice to have the user agent string used by my Php scripts to use PHP_VERSION in the string.) -- ***************************** Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com Integrity is obvious. The lack of it is common. ***************************** ...

why does $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] say /test.php/test.php for test.php?
I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as follows: <?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?> And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? El 06/10/2010 6:53, yawnmoth escribi�/wrote: > I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as > follows: > > <?php > echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; > ?> > > And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but > rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? What output do you get if you change it to this? <?php echo '[' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . ']'; ?> What do your other $_SERVER values look like? <?php print_r($_SERVER); ?> -- -- http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain -- Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://borrame.com -- Mi web de humor satinado: http://www.demogracia.com -- On 06/10/10 09:30, "�lvaro G. Vicario" wrote: > El 06/10/2010 6:53, yawnmoth escribi�/wrote: >> I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as >> follows: >> >> <?php >> echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; >> ?> >> >> And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but >> rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? > > What output do you get if you change it ...

PHP learning Tutorial
PHP is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages.PHP is the widely-used, free, and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft's ASP. In our PHP tutorial you will learn about PHP, and how to execute scripts on your server.PHP primarily acts as a filter,[31] taking input from a file or stream containing text and/or PHP instructions and outputs another stream of data; most commonly the output will be HTML. Since PHP 4, the PHP parser compiles input to produce byte code for processing by the Send Engine, giving improved performance over its interpreter predecessor. Originally designed to create dynamic web pages, PHP now focuses mainly on server-side scripting http://www.ezdia.com/PHP_learning_Tutorial/Content.do?id=426 On 8 Sep, 14:22, Jacob William <jacob.willia...@gmail.com> wrote: > Since PHP 4, the PHP > parser compiles input to produce byte code for processing by the Send > Engine The Send Engine is it. I wonder if Zend know this? On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 01:34:14 -0700 (PDT), Captain Paralytic wrote: > On 8 Sep, 14:22, Jacob William <jacob.willia...@gmail.com> wrote: >> Since PHP 4, the PHP >> parser compiles input to produce byte code for processing by the Send >> Engine > The Send Engine is it. I wonder if Zend know this? It's that darned AZDFG keyboard switch again.... -- 78. I will not tell my Legions of Terror "And he must be taken alive!" The command will be "And tr...

php
hi all iv extracted a phptimesheet on my system but the webserver is not able to show the documents in html format...i mean..the <?php headers are also visible on the page... can any one help me out with this. linuxadmin wrote: > hi all > > iv extracted a phptimesheet on my system but the webserver is not able > to show the documents in html format...i mean..the <?php headers are > also visible on the page... > > can any one help me out with this. It sounds like a configuration error with your webserver---it would seem that it's not interpreting PHP files...

php
Hi Guys, Installed FreeBSD 5.1;fine Got Apache2, MySQL working. Installed php 4.3.4 ok Try to run phpMyAdmin (latest version), but somehow there isn't anything generated. Am I overlooking something? Like installing a lib? Any nfo is welcome Henk Lutgerink http://avatar.demon.nl henk lutgerink wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Installed FreeBSD 5.1;fine Got Apache2, MySQL working. > Installed php 4.3.4 ok > Try to run phpMyAdmin (latest version), but somehow there isn't anything > generated. > Am I overlooking something? > Like installing a lib? You don't say whether you've installed the phpMyAdmin port. (In /usr/ports/databases.) -- Bob London, UK echo Mail fefsensmrrjyaheeoceoq\! | tr "jefroq\!" "@obe.uk" Robert Downes wrote: > henk lutgerink wrote: >> Hi Guys, >> >> Installed FreeBSD 5.1;fine Got Apache2, MySQL working. >> Installed php 4.3.4 ok >> Try to run phpMyAdmin (latest version), but somehow there isn't anything >> generated. >> Am I overlooking something? >> Like installing a lib? > > You don't say whether you've installed the phpMyAdmin port. (In > /usr/ports/databases.) yes, I did install phpMyAdmin in /usr/ports/database. I got the feeling I still have to ./configure, make, make install? If so Please let me know. ps: server is running on http://avatar.demon.nl henk lutgerink wrote:...

PHP
Hi I bought the PHP templates last winter and was trying to experiment with these web templates. I need the adaob 4.53 for PHP as indicatedf in the PHP manuals. The official site does not have it any more. Does anyone this zip file please ? If so, contact me at spiterijesmond@yahoo.co.uk If you use latest versions, the examples in the tutorials will not work as they should. Thanks Jesmond Jesmond: Some minutes ago I sent the file to your email Francisco jesmond.spiteri@visitmalta.com ha escrito: > Hi > I bought the PHP templates last winter and was trying to experiment > with these web templates. I need the adaob 4.53 for PHP as indicatedf > in the PHP manuals. > The official site does not have it any more. > Does anyone this zip file please ? If so, contact me at > spiterijesmond@yahoo.co.uk > If you use latest versions, the examples in the tutorials will not work > as they should. > > Thanks > Jesmond ...

Parsing a php include (which also contains php code)
Hello, I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the include. Rather, it included the file as just plain ASCII. ======================= /*EXAMPLE 1*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/footer.inc') ?> .... /*footer.inc*/ .... <p>&copy 1993-<?php echo date("Y") ?> Kingswood School. All rights reserved.</p> .... /*EXAMPLE 2*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/lastmod.php') ?> .... /*lastmod.php*/ .... <?php echo "This file was last modified: "; echo strftime("%A %B %d %Y"); include('whateverfilename.inc'); ?> ============================= I would like to be able to parse the include if it has php code, and in some cases, create nesting includes (an include within an include). Is this even possible? Any ideas? Any help is certainly appreciated. Thanks! Steven Borrelli Web Developer Kingswood School Steven Borrelli wrote: > Hello, > > I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for > organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some > PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the > include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the in...

US-CA: Los Angeles-Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL Job Location: CA: Los Angeles Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2011-05-06 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: email only Fax: email only Description: Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL - Javascript - HTML - CSS - Facebook - Skills Required - PHP, PHP4, PHP5, MySQL, Javascript, XHTML, DHTML, HTML5, HTML 5, Flash, actionscript, Facebook, Promotional, Marketing, PHP Developer, PHP Programmer, Web Developer Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL - Javascript - HTML - CSS - Facebook API If you are a PHP Programmer or Web Developer with strong skills in PHP Development, please read on! We are an award winning Interactive Agency with offices throughout the world. Were currently looking to add a PHP Developer, with skills in both Front End and Back End development, to our team in Venice, CA. In this role youll be developing Promotional / Marketing web ...

Php => A news reader in Php ?
Hi i am search a very good software with good graphics for reade newsgroups/usenet ... If you know a name .... thanks bye Hello, is there an ssh client written in php ? (or is there another ssh client that I can use on an apache server / web browser ?) Ron A WHAT??? just install putty ! Cheers Niels "Ron Croonenberg" <ronc@depauw.edu> wrote in message news:c0j5hm$si8$1@terra.csc.depauw.edu... > Hello, > > is there an ssh client written in php ? > > (or is there another ssh client that I can use on an apache server / web > browser ?) > > Ron > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:33:52 -0500, Ron Croonenberg <ronc@depauw.edu> wrote: >Hello, > >is there an ssh client written in php ? > >(or is there another ssh client that I can use on an apache server / web >browser ?) > >Ron Hi Ron! How are things in Greencastle? It has been 40 years since I last saw it as a young lad. My folks taught at DePauw U. I have run into a situation just yesterday where I need to call an SSH client from one Linux server to another from a PHP script. My Linux guru says that he has to set up some private keys to do it since you cannot send a password using the ssh binary (which should be located in /usr/bin or usr/local/bin). Also, he says you cannot pass parameters to the remote server, but can run a shell script. I will keep you posted on out progress if you are interested. Installing a client for SSH is not a pr...

Web resources about - Tutorial on php (or learning php) - comp.lang.php

User:Murph146/tutorial based information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Welcome to the Wikimedia Bookshelf! The Bookshelf is a vast collection of high-quality, freely licensed, user-generated informational material ...

Check Out These Timeline Tutorials For Facebook Pages
Ready or not, all Facebook pages will default to timeline in nine days. Timeline tutorials appear in three videos from Polish graphic design ...

iOS Tutorial - Facebook-Entwickler
This document will guide you through Facebook Platform integration for iOS. We will walk you throu...

Learn Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live and more - Training and Tutorial Videos
Groove 3 is a leading provider of training and tutorial videos for today's popular music software and recording techniques. View training videos ...

iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials
News and tutorials to help you understand your Mac and other Apple Products

Tutorial: Translating Your Applications Using Facebook’s Crowd-sourced Translation Service
One of the big announcements from Facebook’s F8 developer conference last week was the launch of access to Facebook’s translation tool for third ...

Web Designer Wall – Design Trends and Tutorials
Web Designer Wall is a blog designed and maintained by Nick La. Topics focus on web design, tutorials, and modern design trends.

GCF Word 2010 Tutorial for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get GCF Word 2010 Tutorial on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Four-part video tutorial taps Bob Ross lookalike to promote Photoshop Sketch for iOS
Adobe has chosen to use a Bob Ross lookalike for a series of video tutorials on using Adobe Photoshop Sketch with the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil ...

TV-Style Ad Holds Viewers Better Than Blogger Tutorial, Says Google-L'Oreal Study
... found a conventional 30-second high-production TV-style ad got by far the best audience retention compared with a YouTube beauty blogger tutorial ...