Warning "Unknown: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time."

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a custom session handler that writes session
data to a MySQL database. It works fine about 99% of the time. Trouble
is, at random intervals, I get entries like the following in my
php-error.log:

[28-Apr-2006 04:44:25] PHP Warning:  Unknown: A session is active. You
cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in
Unknown on line 0

Occasionally, but not always, this warning will be preceded by one of
these fatals:

[28-Apr-2006 11:59:19] PHP Fatal error:  Exception thrown without a
stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Research has pulled up this bug,

<http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=26005>

While there are indications that this was fixed in 2004, it persists;
the annoying part being that we can't intentionally reproduce the
errors, nor can we come up with any common metrics for the system's
state when the errors are occurring. Worse yet, because we can't
trigger this on demand, we can't determine a way to try and trap for
it.

Has anyone tracked down a definitive cause for this problem?

My environment is Debian sarge (kernel 2.6.8-1-686-smp) on a PowerEdge
2650 with 4 3.2ghz Xeons, PHP 5.0.3, Apache 1.3.33, and 2 gigs of RAM.
At the present time, upgrading PHP on this box is not really an
option.

TIA,

Shaun

-
Remove mypants to email.
<http://www.shaunc.com/>
0
shaun1442 (5)

[Troll] "Hadron" Quack's "time and time again" classics
'I have seen it all too often. When the user who was conned into using some half arsed junk OSS package and comes back saying it doesn't work properly they are told to "fix it then" or "works for my needs". Time and time again we see this scenario.' - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark "What i find interesting is that time and time and time again we are amazed by what the xbox could do. (...) The XBox has continued to meet the demands of newer, fresher and yet more complex games." - M$ fanboi "Hadron" 'Free...

Checking value set via "set transaction" or "alter session"
This seemed like it would be a simple question to answer, but I can't find anything on either. Can anyone shed some light on how to determine the value I have used for "set transaction" (say to "read only") and for "alter session" (say to change the NLS_DATE_FORMAT)? Lots of info on setting, haven't been able to find anything about checking these once they've been set. Thank you, Jack On 8 mar, 07:16, Jack <jr...@stirlingonline.com> wrote: > This seemed like it would be a simple question to answer, but I can't > find anything on either. > > Can anyone shed some light on how to determine the value I have used > for "set transaction" (say to "read only") and for "alter > session" (say to change the NLS_DATE_FORMAT)? > > Lots of info on setting, haven't been able to find anything about > checking these once they've been set. > > Thank you, Jack Which Oracle version? When and from where do you want to check those parameter values? Jack wrote on 08.03.2008 07:16: > This seemed like it would be a simple question to answer, but I can't > find anything on either. > > Can anyone shed some light on how to determine the value I have used > for "set transaction" (say to "read only") and for "alter > session" (say to change the NLS_DATE_FORMAT)? > For the NLS parameter see: <http://download.oracle.com/...

There's "Unix", and then there's "UNIX(r)"
From TOW[1]: The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems compliant with its standard, the Single UNIX Specification. Other operating systems that emulate Unix to some extent may be called Unix-like, although the Open Group disapproves of this term.[4] The term Unix is also often used informally to denote any operating system that closely resembles the trademarked system. The most common version of Unix (bearing certification) is Apple's OS X, while Linux is the most popular non-certified workalike. So, to summarize: "Unix" is a class of operating systems that is "UNIX-like", which includes Linux. "UNIX(r)" is a trademark of the Open group, who -- somewhat snootily -- have an issue with the term "UNIX-like". (They can take a flying fsck.) "Cult of Unix" spells "Unix" as "Unix", because otherwise, what would it have to do with Linux? This PSA brought to you by the letter "U" and the number "2". -v Unix minions, unite! On 2/9/14, 1:15 PM, in article ld8nlg$bu7$1@dont-email.me, "vallor" <vallor@cultnix.org> wrote: > From TOW[1]: > > The Open Group, an industry standards consortium, now owns the UNIX > trademark and allows its use for certified operating systems > compliant with its standard, the Single UN...

Is there an equivalent for "alter session set NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'dd-mm-yyyy'" in Informix?
Hello everybody, does anybody know, if there exists an alternative for "alter session set NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'dd-mm-yyyy'" in Informix? We found this statement in an application which uses an Oracle-DB. Now we have to modify this application so that a Informix-DB can be used. Unfortunately this statement causes a syntax error, because Informix doesn't know "alter session ...". To modity the environment variable DBDATE is not the solution we need, because this has no effect when the database is already open. This application offers the feature to modify the date-format within the running applikation. Best thanks Mathias Mathias wrote: > does anybody know, if there exists an alternative for > > "alter session set NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'dd-mm-yyyy'" > > in Informix? Directly - no. > We found this statement in an application which uses an Oracle-DB. Now > we have to modify this application so that a Informix-DB can be used. > Unfortunately this statement causes a syntax error, because Informix > doesn't know "alter session ...". > > To modity the environment variable DBDATE is not the solution we need, > because this has no effect when the database is already open. This > application offers the feature to modify the date-format within the > running applikation. OK - in that case fetch the dates into a C 4-byte integer instead...

"sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing
I saw a lot of messages out there regarding this problem, so, thought i would post the solution. To any one getting the error message: "sendmail_from" not set in php.ini or custom "From:" header missing when trying to send mail using the mail() function in Windows, The solution is: whenever you change the php.ini file, you must also reset the web server. Then all of the PHP variables that you set will be seen by the server. -d ...

award's "irq's activity monitoring"
Hi! I am trying to figure out how the wake-up events in my bios work. I have windows xp and the wake-up by RTC works fine when i shut down the pc. (btw: I cannot turn the pc into standby-mode only hibernating - I do not know why). But I cannot wake-up the PC with mouse or keyboard, eventhough the IRQ's are "enabled". Thank you, Christopher. On 31 May 2004 04:34:35 -0700, christopher@dannheim.de (Christopher) wrote: >Hi! > >I am trying to figure out how the wake-up events in my bios work. I >have windows xp and the wake-up by RTC works fine when i sh...

Why doesn't Python's "robotparser" like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file?
For some reason, Python's parser for "robots.txt" files doesn't like Wikipedia's "robots.txt" file: >>> import robotparser >>> url = 'http://wikipedia.org/robots.txt' >>> chk = robotparser.RobotFileParser() >>> chk.set_url(url) >>> chk.read() >>> testurl = 'http://wikipedia.org' >>> chk.can_fetch('Mozilla', testurl) False >>> The Wikipedia robots.txt file passes robots.txt validation, and it doesn't disallow unknown browsers. But the Python pars...

[OT] Nit: please don't user "it's" unless you can substitute "it is" without changing your inteded meaning.
Typos happen to all of us, but in case you hadn't realized what "it's" is a contraction for ("it is"), now you do, and you can save yourself further embarrassment (assuming you care ;-). If your friends won't tell you, who will ;-) Write the contraction "it's" only when you want its meaning to be "it is," otherwise it's wrong ;-) OTOH, how does one punctuate the posessive of a word per se? E.g., the first letter of "it" is "i", but can one write that as "it"'s first letter is "i," or it...

Dijkstra's "Enumeration" = "Metrics" his "Abstraction" = "Quality"
"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool under the severe boundary condition that we only use it very moderately. We should appreciate abstraction as our main mental technique to reduce the demands made upon enumerative reasoning." ~ EW Dijkstra This is critically decisive because Dijkstra is saying that in most *software engineering" contexts, most of the time, abstraction is key relative to "metrics", the numerical, the quantitative. It is a TOWWWEEERRRING, grand slam "home run". It is of Doug William's 3-4 perfectly pitched Super Bowl touchdowns. It is growth in insight after Dijkstra one of THE very best ran into major impasses attempting to drive development with metrics. His insight is that ABSTRACTION should "lead" the way. While there is the dialectic: metrics<=>abstraction The predominant factor to engage and lead software engineering by is "abstraction". So notation wise better: metrics<=>abstraction* And to denote analyzing or summarizing the dialectic applied in whatever context, from point 'a' to 'b': a,b{ metrics<=>abstraction* Discrete points: a,b; l,q{ metrics<=>abstraction* Have at your own meaningful fun! Elliott -- Global Plans + IID = part of an optimal approach On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:36:17 -0500, "Universe" <universe@tAkEcovadOuT.net> wrote: >"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool und...

php.ini sets max time to 90 seconds, yet I get a "Max execution time of 30 seconds exceeded"
This is weird. When I use getId3 to try to read meta tags out of multimedia files, I get this error: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ httpd/vhosts/bluewallmultimedia.com/httpdocs/getid3/getid3/ getid3.lib.php on line 54 But if I run phpinfo(), I get this: max_execution_time 95 95 and if I ssh to the server and look in php.ini, this is confirmed: max_execution_time = 95 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds This is on a RackSpace server, running RedHat. It's got Plesk installed. Can anyone guess what is going on? Is there some place the settings in php.ini can get over written or ignored? On Aug 18, 3:35 am, lawrence k <lkrub...@geocities.com> wrote: > Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ > httpd/vhosts/bluewallmultimedia.com/httpdocs/getid3/getid3/ > getid3.lib.php on line 54 > > But if I run phpinfo(), I get this: > > max_execution_time 95 95 > > and if I ssh to the server and look in php.ini, this is confirmed: > > max_execution_time = 95 ; Maximum execution time of each script, > in seconds > > This is on a RackSpace server, running RedHat. It's got Plesk > installed. > > Can anyone guess what is going on? Is there some place the settings in > php.ini can get over written or ignored? I should add that if I navigate to the directory where the code and I do this: grep -R ini_set * I get nothi...

[why are trailing '\n's missing in "$x"]: x="$(printf "hi\n\n")"; printf "$x"
Ex ~ $ printf "hi\n\n"|cat -A hi$ $ ~ $ x="$(printf "hi\n\n")" ~ $ printf "$x"|cat -A hi~ $ Why are the trailing '\n's not in "$x"? Is there any way to stop this, w/o using a tempfile? -- thanks! On 12/29/2013 11:34 PM, Name withheld by request wrote: > x="$(printf "hi\n\n")" x="$(printf "%s" "hi\n\n")" Best regards, Cyrus In article <bibnk6Ftcm6U1@mid.individual.net>, Cyrus Kriticos <cyrus.kriticos@googlemail.com> wrote: >On 12/29/2013 11:34 PM, Name withheld by request wrote: >> x="$(printf "hi\n\n")" > >x="$(printf "%s" "hi\n\n")" > >Best regards, >Cyrus Which is, at best, a pedantic nitpick, having nothing to do with OP's problem. In fact, ITYM: x="$(printf "%s\n\n" "hi")" (which still doesn't solve OP's problem, but at least demonstrates better pedantry) -- Watching ConservaLoons playing with statistics and facts is like watching a newborn play with a computer. Endlessly amusing, but totally unproductive. On 12/30/2013 12:00 AM, Kenny McCormack wrote: > In article <bibnk6Ftcm6U1@mid.individual.net>, > Cyrus Kriticos <cyrus.kriticos@googlemail.com> wrote: >> On 12/29/2013 11:34 PM, Name withheld by request wrote: >>> x="...

Web host has PHP 5 "as a module"...what's that?
I'm learning PHP and in the process of choosing a good web hosting site. One that I'm interested in has PHP 5 as a module. Others say simply that they offer PHP 5. What does the phrase "as a module" mean? Thanks for any help. David ..oO(Dave-o) >I'm learning PHP and in the process of choosing a good web hosting >site. One that I'm interested in has PHP 5 as a module. Others say >simply that they offer PHP 5. > >What does the phrase "as a module" mean? Probably means that PHP is installed as a server module. The common alternatives are CGI and FastCGI. Micha Dave-o wrote: > What does the phrase "as a module" mean? The Apache web server can process a scripting language in two different ways: 1. CGI: when a script file is requested, Apache runs an external interpreter, captures its output, and sends that output to the client; or 2. Module: when Apache first starts, it loads the interpreter as a plugin; when a script file is requested, Apache passes it to the plugin and sends the output to the client. Each approach has its advantages and disadvantages. A buggy module can crash Apache -- CGI isolates the interpreter as a separate process, protecting the web server. But CGI is a lot slower than running the interpreter as a module, because the interpreter needs to re-initialise itself (e.g. reading config files) for every request. Generally speaking, the PHP module is quite solid, so you prob...

Get "SQLException: Session Time Zone not set!" from WebLogic to WebSphere
I have an app that runs in WebLogic 8.1.4, using Spring, Hibernate, and Oracle 9i. Some of my tables use "TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE" columns. This app basically works. I'm now porting portions of this to WebSphere 6.0.2.5. My JDBC provider class is oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource. Now, when I run the app, I get an exception like this: Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Session Time Zone not set! at oracle.jdbc.driver.TimestampltzAccessor.getTimestamp(TimestampltzAccessor.java: 288) at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getTimestamp(OracleResultSetIm...

What's wrong with this: street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5
Hi, I wanted to remove the first zero from 0416 E. BAILEY 101, but not from 0 S 356 MADISON. I ran the following code and I have problem with the line: ------------------------ street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5; ---------------------- My desired output is something like this under one single variable "street_n": 416 E. BAILEY 101 0S356 MADISON Hope to get some help from out there. Thanks, Duckhye. data a; input street $1-19; cards; 0416 E. BAILEY 101 0 S 356 MADISON ; run; data b;set a; addr1=put(left(scan...

how to change "/" to "\"
iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. olympie@gmail.com wrote: > iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing > the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. sed 's/\//\\/g' will replace all '/' with '\' srp -- http://saju.net.in Saju Pillai <saju.pillai@gmail.com> wrote: >> iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing >> the pattrern "/" to "\" using ...

what's meaning of "warning: initializer element is not computable at load time"
I have some codes generated by perl, in which initialize some huge struct,such as PARA TOS_network_spantree_set_0_para_0 = { "vlan", emNUM, NULL, "", "configuration on a designated vlan", PRO_REQUIRED }; const char* TOS_network_spantree_set_0_para_1_emvalue[] = { "disable", "enable", NULL }; PARA TOS_network_spantree_set_0_para_1 = { "", emENUM, TOS_network_spantree_set_0_para_1_emvalue, "", "enable or disable STP", PRO_REQUIRED }; PPARA TOS_network_spantree_set_0_para[] = { &TOS_networ...

putty terminal, where's the "do" "select" "remove" key?
I want to start using putty, but I can't figure out where all the lk201 keys are. Any help??? On 2013-05-14 16:45:02 +0000, jon@jonathanleslie.com said: > I want to start using putty, but I can't figure out where all the lk201 > keys are. Any help??? Start reading here <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/wishlist/function-keys.html> and here <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/faq.html#faq-keyboard> and particularly here <http://www.parsec.com/general/technical.php?i=2513&r=7K5K3H&d=OpenVMS>. qv: NumLock is PF1 in VT400 mode, and the editing keypad is listed there, too. In general, dependencies on function keys are full of fail in this era. It hurts, yes, but the faster you get rid of your dependences on this morass, the better off you'll be. -- Pure Personal Opinion | HoffmanLabs LLC On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:45:02 PM UTC-4, j...@jonathanleslie.com wrote: > I want to start using putty, but I can't figure out where all the lk201 keys are. Any help??? Forget about PuTTY. Tera Term is a much better free VT emulation. http://logmett.com/index.php?/products/teraterm.html Neil Rieck Kitchener / Waterloo / Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/OpenVMS.html In article <0327fda4-76e6-4197-ae6d-c8ffa7e172a1@googlegroups.com>, jon@jonathanleslie.com writes: > I want to start using putty, but I can'...

In Metapost, What's the difference between "=" and ":="?
Hi, I don't see explanation about the difference between "=" and ":=" in Metapost? Do you know what's the difference? Thanks, Peng Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > I don't see explanation about the difference between "=" and ":=" in > Metapost? > > Do you know what's the difference? := is an assignment: "go put that value in there right now", = is just another constraint that will be solved: "go find a solution that satisfies this constraint." Of course, with "a=3cm", there's not many values that will work for a. Consider a = 3cm; a := 4cm; If the second assignment were just an equation, mpost would complain that 3cm does not equal 4cm, because you're saying you want a to be 3cm and 4cm at the same time. HTH Ulrich -- Getting lost in the \footnotes and \temporals? Talcum makes LaTeX more fun. Now with whole new bugs ;), and, of course, still with special Beamer support. http://talcum.sarovar.org/ (Current release: 0.4.3) Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> writes: > I don't see explanation about the difference between "=" and ":=" in > Metapost? > > Do you know what's the difference? The METAFONT-book (among others) explains this. := is just the ordinary assignment of most programming languages: it unbinds the variable at the left side, calculates the value at the right side and then ass...

"register_globals off" and "session side-effect"
Hi, I set the register_globals off and try to get my code working under the new conditions. I stuck on the following problem: Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side- effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0 I have no idea what they understand under the "session side-effect" as well as "session extension" and how this "extension" can "consider" something. I tried to find something in the newsgroups and I found that: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.php/browse_thread/thread/bac6f1c426ef4b22/c3b0666dea7d75fd?hl=en&lnk=st&q=Please+be+advised+that+the+session+extension+does+not+consider+global+variables+as+a+source+of+data#c3b0666dea7d75fd But I am not sure that I correctly understand the suggested solution of the problem. I should replace all global variables which I care about by "normal variables"? I.e. $varname = global-array[$varname]. Why I cannot use the global variables directly? Kurda Yon wrote: > Hi, > > I set the register_globals off and try to get my code working under > the new conditions. I stuck on the following problem: > > Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly ...

Re: What's wrong with this: street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5
Dear Dyang, You have this street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5 ; But I think you want this street_n=addr1_1||" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5; HTH, Charles Patridge "Charles Patridge" <charles_s_patridge@PRODIGY.NET> wrote in message news:200403041919.i24JJEo15087@listserv.cc.uga.edu... > Dear Dyang, > > You have this > > street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5 ; > > B...

Using the "@" character in vsp session on a BL460c's iLO via ssh
Hi, I'm currently exploring the possibilities of managing HP BL460c blades via the ssh iLO Access, especially the virtual serial port, to administrate some linux servers. Most things work fine, but one small but annoying struggle is that I cannot enter the "@" key in a vsp session. All other characters seem to work fine, even special german ones like =F6=E4=FC. We use the german keyboard layout where @ is ALTGR+q, and we can enter it on the iLO commandline itself. But inside the VPS session entering @ works as "delete to start of line". On the server side we use 'getty 115200 ttyS0 vt320' to create the serial console. Any hints on this one? I already read c00263709.pdf and c00294268.pdf, but could not find anything helpful. If any information is missing, please ask, I'll try to provide it. Yours Karsten Karsten Heymann wrote: > I cannot enter the "@" key in a vsp session. > But inside the VPS session entering @ works as "delete to start of line". I'm not sure this is related but on HP-UX, "@" is the default line kill char. And you need to use stty to change it. ...

sed 's/"""//' foobar | more
Hello I am a total newbie to sed, and I am using sed on DOS, I guess from some kind of Unix-compatible toolset that is installed: >C:\tmp>which sed /usr/bin/sed Please tell me why is this (foobar is an empty file): C:\tmp>sed 's/"""//' foobar | more sed: can't read |: No such file or directory sed: can't read more: No such file or directory Normally, DOS | is a special character and is not included on the command line for commands (such as sed), instead, it is a pipe. But here, sed wants to think | is a file. Now, if I omit one quote, everything wo...

90's Game -- Spielberg's "Director's Chair"
This seems like a long shot (get it...long shot?) but is anybody reading this group familiar with a game called Steven Spielberg's Director's Chair from the mid-nineties? Actually, it's more of a movie- studio familiarizer than a game, per se, but it does have its strong points in terms of recreating a certain, Hollywood-y atmosphere. I'm curious because, when I run this program on a Windows 2000 box, I keep hitting an "Internal Error" during my first dip in The Lab. I can hear the first line of dialogue repeat about three times, then it shuts me down. Becau...

Re: What's wrong with this: street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5 #3
If you run Version 9, use the CATX function instead. On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:55:20 -0600, Duck-Hye Yang <dyang@CHAPINHALL.ORG> wrote: >Hi, >I wanted to remove the first zero from 0416 E. BAILEY 101, but not from >0 S 356 MADISON. >I ran the following code and I have problem with the line: >------------------------ >street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5; >---------------------- > >My desired output is something like this under one single variable "street_n": >416 E. BAILEY 101 >0S356 MADISON > >Hope to get some help from out there. >Thanks, >Duckhye. > > >data a; input street $1-19; >cards; >0416 E. BAILEY 101 >0 S 356 MADISON >; >run; > >data b;set a; >addr1=put(left(scan(street, 1, ' ')), 10.); >addr2=put(left(scan(street, 2, ' ')), 10.); >addr3=put(left(scan(street, 3, ' ')), 10.); >addr4=put(left(scan(street, 4, ' ')), 10.); >addr5=put(left(scan(street, 5, ' ')), 10.); >If addr1 =:'0 ' then do; >street_n=INPUT(compress(addr1||addr2||addr3)||" "||compress(addr4) ||" "||compress(addr5), $50.); >end; >else If addr1 ^=:'0 ' and addr1=:'0' then >do; >addr1_1=substr(addr1,2,length(addr1)); >street_n=addr1_1|" "||addr2||" "||addr3||" "||addr4||" "||addr5; >end; ...