When does the php interpreter loads the php file?

Hi All,

I'm wondering three facts about php, apache and apache module.

1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a
apache module or as cgi?

2.When does the php interpretor loads the php file to main memory?

3.and till when it keeps the php file on memory?

  - in my experience only after installing Zend it caches the php
file.

Thak you
0
gijung (7)

*** Kim Gijung wrote/escribi� (20 Oct 2004 00:03:35 -0700):
> 1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a
> apache module or as cgi?

If I recall correctly phpinfo() calls it "Server API".

> 2.When does the php interpretor loads the php file to main memory?

In a web page, when the file is requested. In a command line script, when
the file is executed.

> 3.and till when it keeps the php file on memory?

Until the execution ends.

>   - in my experience only after installing Zend it caches the php
> file.

Right, if you aren't using a cache the file is not cached.

--
-- �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Thank you for not e-mailing me your questions