where is php.ini for the PHP CLI binary?

#!/bin/php
<?php
echo "hello, world!";
?>

That produces the following:

PHP Warning:  Directive 'register_globals' is deprecated in PHP 5.3
and greater in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Directive 'register_long_arrays' is deprecated in PHP
5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
hello, world!

I'd like to update my php.ini file to make those errors go away but
don't know where it is.  Any ideas as to how I could go about finding
it?
0
terra1024 (490)

yawnmoth wrote:
> #!/bin/php
> <?php
> echo "hello, world!";
> ?>
>
> That produces the following:
>
> PHP Warning:  Directive 'register_globals' is deprecated in PHP 5.3
> and greater in Unknown on line 0
> PHP Warning:  Directive 'register_long_arrays' is deprecated in PHP
> 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
> hello, world!
>
> I'd like to update my php.ini file to make those errors go away but
> don't know where it is.  Any ideas as to how I could go about finding
> it?

It is/should be in the root directory where your index.php document is
stored. Check with your ISP to confirm that the file is named php.ini.
Mine, for example, is named php5.ini, and everything failed miserably
before I properly named it.

Do you have #!bin/php in the [pagename].php document? Try removing it.

Bill B
0
me4 (19624)
8/13/2010 7:44:39 PM
yawnmoth wrote:
> #!/bin/php
> <?php
> echo "hello, world!";
> ?>
>
> That produces the following:
>
> PHP Warning:  Directive 'register_globals' is deprecated in PHP 5.3
> and greater in Unknown on line 0
> PHP Warning:  Directive 'register_long_arrays' is deprecated in PHP
> 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
> hello, world!
>
> I'd like to update my php.ini file to make those errors go away but
> don't know where it is.  Any ideas as to how I could go about finding
> it?

#!/bin/php
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
On Aug 13, 3:44=A0pm, Bill Braun <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> yawnmoth wrote:
> > #!/bin/php
> > <?php
> > echo "hello, world!";
> > ?>
>
> > That produces the following:
>
> > PHP Warning: =A0Directive 'register_globals' is deprecated in PHP 5.3
> > and greater in Unknown on line 0
> > PHP Warning: =A0Directive 'register_long_arrays' is deprecated in PHP
> > 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
> > hello, world!
>
> > I'd like to update my php.ini file to make those errors go away but
> > don't know where it is. =A0Any ideas as to how I could go about finding
> > it?
>
> It is/should be in the root directory where your index.php document is
> stored. Check with your ISP to confirm that the file is named php.ini.
> Mine, for example, is named php5.ini, and everything failed miserably
> before I properly named it.
>
> Do you have #!bin/php in the [pagename].php document? Try removing it.

Man, there's a lot of wrong things in this post...

Op 13-08-10 21:59, Jerry Stuckle schreef:
> yawnmoth wrote:
>> #!/bin/php
>> <?php
>> echo "hello, world!";
>> ?>
>>
>> That produces the following:
>>
>> PHP Warning: Directive 'register_globals' is deprecated in PHP 5.3
>> and greater in Unknown on line 0
>> PHP Warning: Directive 'register_long_arrays' is deprecated in PHP
>> 5.3 and greater in Unknown on line 0
>> hello, world!
>>
>> I'd like to update my php.ini file to make those errors go away but
>> don't know where it is. Any ideas as to how I could go about finding
>> it?
>
> #!/bin/php
> <?php
> phpinfo();
> ?>

$> php -r "phpinfo();" | grep php.ini

or

C:\> php -r "phpinfo();" | findstr /i "php.ini"

--
Luuk
0
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:27:12 -0700, yawnmoth wrote:
> #!/bin/php
> <?php
> echo "hello, world!";
> ?>
[snip]
> I'd like to update my php.ini file to make those errors go away but
> don't know where it is.  Any ideas as to how I could go about finding
> it?

Besides the other options already provided, a reasonably recent version
of PHP will also let you execute "/bin/php --ini" to get a list of the
loaded INI files.

Adam
0
usenet2123 (14)
8/16/2010 3:25:36 AM
On 13 Aug, 20:44, Bill Braun <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> It is/should be in the root directory where your index.php document is
> stored.
Not usually no! Besides this post is specifically about the CLI!!

> Check with your ISP to confirm that the file is named php.ini.
An ISP supplies a connection to the internet, not hosting!!!

0
Captain

Php constants in php.ini
I am trying to set user_agent = PHP_VERSION in php.ini. In my php.ini the instructions say that you can use constants in the php.ini file. The only constants I can get to work, though, are the error level constants like E_ALL, E_ERROR, E_WARNING, etc., ... Is anyone aware of some sort of trick to getting others to work? (I was thinking it would be nice to have the user agent string used by my Php scripts to use PHP_VERSION in the string.) -- ***************************** Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com Integrity is obvious. The lack of it is common. *****...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

PHP on a MacOS sever. Where is php.ini?
I have a client who is using a Mac OSX server. I'm logged in now, but I cannot find php.ini. Is the file called something different on a Mac? I need to locate the variable for max_uploads and increase the size. -- [ Sugapablo ] [ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music ] [ http://www.sugapablo.net <--personal ] [ sugapablo@12jabber.com <--jabber IM ] Sugapablo wrote: > I have a client who is using a Mac OSX server. I'm logged in now, but I > cannot find php.ini. Is the file called something different on a Mac? > > I need to ...

PHP CGI script to PHP CLI script
This is my problem: I'm using PEAR package Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer to generate Excel files. Everything works fine on my test server and several production servers. But on one production server, generated Excel won't open (and data is actually in it). I can't figure out what's causing the problem (only difference is PHP version 5.1.6 vs 5.2, other required PEAR packages are identical), but I did notice during my investigation that Excel file generates and opens without problem if I execute script from command line (I use dummy PHP script with basic things needed to m...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

unix / php 4.4.0 / php.ini ?
hi all, i cant find php.ini in upgraded php from 4.3.7 ?!?!? where the hell is it ? the prefix is new but there is no lib directory /usr/local/php-4.4.0/ On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:25:48 +0200, g0c wrote: > where the hell is it ? find / -name "php.ini" -- JDS | jeffrey@example.invalid | http://www.newtnotes.com DJMBS | http://newtnotes.com/doctor-jeff-master-brainsurgeon/ On 2005-08-08, g0c <REMOVEg0c@msn.com> wrote: > hi all, > i cant find php.ini in upgraded php from 4.3.7 ?!?!? > where the hell is it ? > the prefix is new but there is no li...

PHP with Indian PHP Developers

php notification through php sdk
Hi there I want to build a e-commerce website similar to wish.com and I have chosen opencast as my framework of choice. Now wish has a feature that when you save a product in wish and if you are logged in with Facebook or gmail all of your friends will get a notification that your friends has saved a item on wish. I want a similar feature on my site Now I know Facebook provide a sdk JavaScript and php and wish might be using something similar but I am using open cart can I open home page or product page in the sdk Thanks On 3/20/2015 7:30 AM, apoorv.kanungo@gmail.com wrote: &g...

PHP does not parse .PHP files
I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example, if I type "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system. If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access it through the browser, I get the content of the file and not the execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the text of the file as: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Why? Thanks Phong Ho wrote: >I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. > >With CLI, I am able to execute my ....

Does PHP need the .php extension ?
Hi guys, When I use PHP I give my file the .php extension. I always wondered if it could be an .htm page with a <script> block that the PHP resides in, the same way you would do JavaScript. If you can do it that way are there any benifits to that method ? Take care, Cyrus "Cyrus D." <satan@invalid.org> writes: > Hi guys, > > When I use PHP I give my file the .php extension. I always wondered if it > could be an .htm page with a <script> block that the PHP resides in, the > same way you would do JavaScript. If you can do it that way are the...

php://memory and php://temp
http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php per the documentation: php://memory and php://temp are both listed under "Allows Appending" what am I missing / what's the point? They only seem to work with read/write modes such as fopen('php://memory','rw'); closing the handle, or trying to open another handle without closing the first essentially erase the contents... so what's the point of fopen('php://memory','a') ? you'll a) be appending nothing, b) no way to read what you just wrote? sure would be nice if you could $fh = fopen('php://memory', 'w'); fwrite($fh, 'test string'); fclose($fh); $fh = fopen('php://memory', 'r'); $result = fgets($fh,2048); fclose($fh); echo $result; On 10/12/2010 9:44 PM, BKDotCom wrote: > http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php > per the documentation: php://memory and php://temp are both listed > under "Allows Appending" > > what am I missing / what's the point? > > They only seem to work with read/write modes such as > fopen('php://memory','rw'); > > closing the handle, or trying to open another handle without closing > the first essentially erase the contents... so what's the point of > fopen('php://memory','a') ? > you'll > a) be appending nothing, > b) no way to read what you just wrote? > > sure would be nice if you could > > $fh = ...

why does $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] say /test.php/test.php for test.php?
I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as follows: <?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?> And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? El 06/10/2010 6:53, yawnmoth escribi�/wrote: > I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as > follows: > > <?php > echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; > ?> > > And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but > rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? What output do you get if you change it to this? <?php echo '[' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . ']'; ?> What do your other $_SERVER values look like? <?php print_r($_SERVER); ?> -- -- http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain -- Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://borrame.com -- Mi web de humor satinado: http://www.demogracia.com -- On 06/10/10 09:30, "�lvaro G. Vicario" wrote: > El 06/10/2010 6:53, yawnmoth escribi�/wrote: >> I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as >> follows: >> >> <?php >> echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; >> ?> >> >> And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but >> rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? > > What output do you get if you change it ...

php
Hi Guys, Installed FreeBSD 5.1;fine Got Apache2, MySQL working. Installed php 4.3.4 ok Try to run phpMyAdmin (latest version), but somehow there isn't anything generated. Am I overlooking something? Like installing a lib? Any nfo is welcome Henk Lutgerink http://avatar.demon.nl henk lutgerink wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Installed FreeBSD 5.1;fine Got Apache2, MySQL working. > Installed php 4.3.4 ok > Try to run phpMyAdmin (latest version), but somehow there isn't anything > generated. > Am I overlooking something? > Like installing a lib? You don't say whether you've installed the phpMyAdmin port. (In /usr/ports/databases.) -- Bob London, UK echo Mail fefsensmrrjyaheeoceoq\! | tr "jefroq\!" "@obe.uk" Robert Downes wrote: > henk lutgerink wrote: >> Hi Guys, >> >> Installed FreeBSD 5.1;fine Got Apache2, MySQL working. >> Installed php 4.3.4 ok >> Try to run phpMyAdmin (latest version), but somehow there isn't anything >> generated. >> Am I overlooking something? >> Like installing a lib? > > You don't say whether you've installed the phpMyAdmin port. (In > /usr/ports/databases.) yes, I did install phpMyAdmin in /usr/ports/database. I got the feeling I still have to ./configure, make, make install? If so Please let me know. ps: server is running on http://avatar.demon.nl henk lutgerink wrote:...

php
hi all iv extracted a phptimesheet on my system but the webserver is not able to show the documents in html format...i mean..the <?php headers are also visible on the page... can any one help me out with this. linuxadmin wrote: > hi all > > iv extracted a phptimesheet on my system but the webserver is not able > to show the documents in html format...i mean..the <?php headers are > also visible on the page... > > can any one help me out with this. It sounds like a configuration error with your webserver---it would seem that it's not interpreting PHP files...

PHP
Hi I bought the PHP templates last winter and was trying to experiment with these web templates. I need the adaob 4.53 for PHP as indicatedf in the PHP manuals. The official site does not have it any more. Does anyone this zip file please ? If so, contact me at spiterijesmond@yahoo.co.uk If you use latest versions, the examples in the tutorials will not work as they should. Thanks Jesmond Jesmond: Some minutes ago I sent the file to your email Francisco jesmond.spiteri@visitmalta.com ha escrito: > Hi > I bought the PHP templates last winter and was trying to experiment > with these web templates. I need the adaob 4.53 for PHP as indicatedf > in the PHP manuals. > The official site does not have it any more. > Does anyone this zip file please ? If so, contact me at > spiterijesmond@yahoo.co.uk > If you use latest versions, the examples in the tutorials will not work > as they should. > > Thanks > Jesmond ...

Parsing a php include (which also contains php code)
Hello, I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the include. Rather, it included the file as just plain ASCII. ======================= /*EXAMPLE 1*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/footer.inc') ?> .... /*footer.inc*/ .... <p>&copy 1993-<?php echo date("Y") ?> Kingswood School. All rights reserved.</p> .... /*EXA...

US-CA: Los Angeles-Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL Job Location: CA: Los Angeles Pay Rate: competitive Job Length: full time Start Date: 2011-05-06 Company Name: Cybercoders Contact: Shea Stone Phone: email only Fax: email only Description: Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL - Javascript - HTML - CSS - Facebook - Skills Required - PHP, PHP4, PHP5, MySQL, Javascript, XHTML, DHTML, HTML5, HTML 5, Flash, actionscript, Facebook, Promotional, Marketing, PHP Developer, PHP Programmer, Web Developer Web Developer - PHP Developer - PHP Programmer - PHP - MySQL - Javascript - HTML - CSS - Facebook API If you are a PHP Programmer or Web Developer with strong skills in PHP Development, please read on! We are an award winning Interactive Agency with offices throughout the world. Were currently looking to add a PHP Developer, with skills in both Front End and Back End development, to our team in Venice, CA. In this role youll be developing Promotional / Marketing web ...

php variable continaing php code
Hi There, I am absolutly stumped by this, any help appreciated. Due to factors outside of my control I have a php variable containing php code and I dont know how to evaluate it. I know its stupid, but php calls a database function (which I dont have access to) which reads in a template html file and returns it as a string. Now If I want the template to be a bit more dynamic and contain php I have a problem. After calling the database function I end up with: (examaple only) $var = "<?echo "hello world";?>"; //$var is now equal to the template file - usually html but...

[Fwd: Re: [PHP] PHP and COPY]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070801090005010101060104 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Forwarding my question over to here, got no answer on the pgsql-php list. Hope someone can help. --------------070801090005010101060104 Content-Type: message/rfc822; name="Re: [PHP] PHP and COPY" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline; filename="Re: [PHP] PHP and COPY" Return-Path: <pgsql-php-owner+M2240@postgresql.org> Received: from www.postgresql.com ...

php condition in a tabel with html and php

PHP with Indian PHP Developers #3
Dear all, If you want to make a PHP web application, or need to Hire PHP Developer contact a leading PHP Web Development Compnay http://www.virtueinfo.com/php-developers/php-web-development.htm ...

Web resources about - where is php.ini for the PHP CLI binary? - comp.lang.php

Binary multiplier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A binary multiplier is an electronic circuit used in digital electronics , such as a computer , to multiply two binary numbers . It is built ...

Disneyland Store Just Smashed The Gender Binary With One Display
What's wrong with a boy wearing Minnie Mouse clothing? Nothing.

Binary stars can throw planetary orbits into chaos
... many orbits to complete. The part that isn’t generally covered in introductory astronomy courses is what happens to precession in binary star ...

binvis.io is the visual way to analyze binary files
Exploring the structure of binary files can be very useful for identifying malware, and tools like PeStudio and HxD may help point you in the ...

Two for the price of one: The unique binary system of Pluto and Charon
... a mission to Pluto, but one of the reasons the dwarf planet is so fascinating to scientists is that it&amp;rsquo;s part of the only known binary ...

VLT black hole instrument discovers new binary star
The Very Large Telescope's black hole instrument has been activated, and has already made a stellar discovery.

Grab Condemned and Binary Domain for free on Steam
... isn't done giving away games for its Make Love Not War 3 promotion. Currently, you can get Steam copies of Condemned: Criminal Origins , Binary ...

Google's BinDiff Binary Code Analysis Tool Is Now Free
The tool allows security researchers to quickly disassemble and inspect code in related binary files, Google officials said.

Why Tatooine is plausible: the orbital mechanics of binary star systems
While we're all waiting for The Force Awakens to hit theaters, the time is again ripe for speculating on the plausibility of the Star Wars universe. ...

Robot workers: binary in more than one way
Assigning a gender to machines may reinforce workforce stereotypes