Demo / Evaluation PL/1 Compilers etc at IBM

Try ... ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/pli/demos/

 DEMO/EVALUATION COPIES:

 OS/2: Download either PLIOS2TB.ZIP or
                                    PLIOSATB.ZIP and PLIOSBTB.ZIP

 Windows: Download PLIWINTB.ZIP

Regards
Mark
(A Redundant PL/1 Programmer) :-(

0
mark_wil (3)
10/17/2006 2:19:42 PM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:19:42 -0700, DoDo News <mark_wil@dodo.com.au> wrote:

> Try ... ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/pli/demos/
>
>  DEMO/EVALUATION COPIES:
>
>  OS/2: Download either PLIOS2TB.ZIP or
>                                     PLIOSATB.ZIP and PLIOSBTB.ZIP
>
>  Windows: Download PLIWINTB.ZIP
>
> Regards
> Mark
> (A Redundant PL/1 Programmer) :-(

Any limitations?

tom294 (608)
10/17/2006 2:21:05 PM
Hi Tom,

I don't Know. Just give it a try, It think it contains all the required
doco..Download size is about 39Meg last updated 06/11/1997

Mark

0
mark_wil (3)
10/17/2006 11:49:58 PM
"Tom Linden" <tom@kednos-remove.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:19:42 -0700, DoDo News <mark_wil@dodo.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Try ... ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/pli/demos/
> >
> >  DEMO/EVALUATION COPIES:
> >
> >  OS/2: Download either PLIOS2TB.ZIP or
> >                                     PLIOSATB.ZIP and PLIOSBTB.ZIP
> >
> >  Windows: Download PLIWINTB.ZIP
> >
> > Regards
> > Mark
> > (A Redundant PL/1 Programmer) :-(
> >
> Any limitations?

If it's the demo version, there are no restrictions,
other than a time-out after some 30 days.
That is what it was for.  To provide a demonstration
of what it could do.

0
robin_v (2737)

Attach and PL/1 using Enterprise PL/1 Compiler V 3.3
Hallo, does anybody have a simple PL/1 sample Program which does subtasking using ATTACH-statement or using POSIX-calls? If you have, please send it to me. Thanks Gottfried ...

VIRTUALIZATION ENGINE CONSOLE A RUNTIME 1.1 - IBM (3 CDs), WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2
VIRTUALIZATION ENGINE CONSOLE A RUNTIME 1.1 - IBM (3 CDs), WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM, other 16,000 more CDs, [ no dongles, no activations, etc ... needed ! ] (free donge)! No time limitation! 03/Sep/2004 B12 VIRTUALIZATION ENGINE CONSOLE A RUNTIME 1.1 - IBM (3 CDs) B13 WEBSPHERE BUSINESS INTEGRATION CONNECT ADVANCED v4.2.2 - IBM please send e-mail, to ola2@mail.gr ...

XHTML 1.1 spec: lang and xml:lang
Hello, I've looked at the latest XHTML spec from 2009-05-07. Referring to http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/abstract_modules.html#s_commonatts In the I18N module, there are only two attributes listed: dir and xml:lang. The note in the last paragraph says: "Finally, note that the I18N collection only contains the xml:lang attribute unless the Bi- directional Text Module module is selected." This is fine, but... http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/doctype.html says (last paragraph): "This specification also adds the lang attribute to the I18N attribute c...

ibm data studio 1.1.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C87D53.D74CEEC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Has anyone tried IBM Data Studio 1.1.1 with IDS 9.4 or IDS 11 ? I have it installed on win2k with IDS 9.4 . I just want to do queries and perhaps test stored procs/functions. I have not yet gotten it configured to even make a connection to a = database. Has anyone found this tool to be useful with Informix? ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C87D53.D74CEEC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1607" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV>Has anyone tried IBM Data Studio 1.1.1 with IDS 9.4 or IDS 11 = ?</DIV> <DIV>I have it installed on win2k with IDS 9.4 .</DIV> <DIV>I just want to do queries and perhaps test stored = procs/functions.</DIV> <DIV>I have not yet gotten it configured&nbsp; to even make a connection = to a=20 database.</DIV> <DIV>Has anyone found this tool to be useful with = Informix?</DIV></BODY></HTML> ...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

PL/I
Just to clarify (I hope) information about PL/I, standards, and IBM. If you check out: http://www.techstreet.com/cgi-bin/results and put "PL/I" in the search option (at the top) You will see the dates of the "most recent" ANSI PL/I Standards. ANSI rules say that any Standard *must* be reaffirmed every 5 years to be a "current" ANSI Standard. Therefore, the - ANSI/INCITS 74-1987(R1993) PL/I General Purpose Subset (formerly ANSI X3.74-1987(R1993)) and - INCITS TR-7-1989 Information Processing Systems Technical Report - Rea...

PL/1 .NET Compiler
Hey guys! We are research group that handle the implementation of PL/1 dialect that produce .NET byte code for CLR virtual machine. Our PL/1 compiler produced as EXE and DLL assemblies as Intermediate Language LIST files that can also be compiled with ILASM tool. We has named our compiler as PL/IL, it stands for Programming Language - Intermediate Language. The features of the compiler are: - Object Oriented Extended PL/1 syntax - EXE and DLL assemblies produce that runs on Microsoft CLR and Mono CLR. - Support fot calling .NET Framework classes - Support CTS Type System - IL listing produce - Use of System.Reflection for Selfcompile code - Structured Exeption Handling - Built-in type control system We are searching PL/1 gurus and bearded code masters who can help in words us to provide more mature version of PL/1 with some LISP exensions such as lambda lists. Any suggestions are needed by as like air. Tell us what PL/1 code patterns do you use mostful, how you use selfevaluated code and substitution code. We are also be happy for any PL/1 original documentation and precatory words. You can freely contact us as Maxim E. Sokhatsky aka Lemon (mes@ua.fm) and Oleg V. Smirnov aka Master (_straycat@ukr.net). PL/IL Crew Maxim E. Sokhatsky Oleg V. Smirnov Sounds interesting, as best I can make out. Maxim E. Sokhatsky wrote: > Hey guys! > > We are research group that handle the implementation of PL/1 dialect that > produce .NET byte code for CLR virtual machine...

FA:Lots of IBM WIN/PC Games (24-Hrs left on some): King's Quest, Infocom, Tomb Raider 1-4, Myst 1-2, Archon Ultra, etc
** ONLY 24 HOURS LEFT ON SOME OF THESE GAMES - SEE DETAILS BELOW ** We have Lots of IBM PC Windows/DOS Games from Old to New on Ebay. To check them ALL out, please click on the URL Link below: http://members.ebay.com/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=downeasttreasures All Auctions have NO Reserve, Low Starting Bids, and Clear Pictures (there are anywhere from 1-12 Pictures per Auction). It just doesn't get any better than this. Take a look and check them out before it's too late. Enjoy the Auctions and bid now before you forget to do it. There are currently...

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: '1 2.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 2.2.1 1.3 2 Dim Parent() As String Dim Level1() As String Dim Level2() As String Dim Level3() As String etc .. How can I construct a tree. parent, children, grand children etc... and also figure out # of children # of grand children etc Thanks "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:875cd1df-7605-45ab-9f7b-f1edec25d47b@r34g2000vbi.googlegroups.com... > Folks I need help. I have a view or(Text file) as follows: > > '1 > 2.1 > 1.1.1 > 1....

Help construct a tree 1 -> 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 2 -> 2.1 -> 2.1.1 etc HELP !!!!!!!
Borland Guru's I need help I have a text file as follows: 1 2 1.1 1.1.1 3.3 2.3 etc I cannot use a control active x tree I need to read this file and 1 is a parent 1.1 is a child of parent 1 and 2 is a parent 2.3 is a child of parent 2 and construct in search a way using arrays or probably a recursive function No xml parsing just read a file. Does any body have a function "Mos" <lndebug@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c1aaeb20-3c1f-408d-9986-bb8d28a87509@s31g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > I have a text file as follows: > 1 > 2 > 1.1 >...

IBM Enterprise PL/I 4.1
From: john gilmore Sent: Thursday, 22 July 2010 8:31 PM Somewhat overshadowed by the zEnterprise brouhaha, this morning's IBM product announcements letter also includes information about the new Version 4.1 of the IBM PL/I compiler, which will be available beginning in September. It includes a newly supported ARCH level for zEnterpriose hardware. __________________ From: "Robert Prins" Sent: Thursday, 22 July 2010 10:12 PM A new ARCH() happens with about every release, the following two features are rather more interesting: # The compiler can flag, via the new DEPRECATE option, the usage of user-specified built-in functions, user variable, or include files. With this option, you can more easily enforce internal quality and naming standards. # The compiler provides more RULES suboptions to flag poor coding: * NOGLOBALDO to flag loops with a control variable declared in a parent block * NOPADDING to flag structures with padding Anyone knows what these requirements are: User group requirements This announcement addresses nine requirements from one or more of the worldwide user group communities. Groups include COMMON, COMMON Europe, Guide Share Europe (GSE), InterAction (Australia/New Zealand), Japan Guide Share (JGS), and SHARE Inc. Requirements addressed include: * MR102909480 * MR0129066613 * MR0312104052 * MR0427097311 * MR0505094514 * MR1029094810 * MR1104096225 * MR1110093235 * MR1112095051 Robert &...

Upgrading to currently supported IBM PL/I for Windows (was: How IBM recovered from the PL/I fiasco
David, The following (repost) includes your note from the end of August where you stated, "no upgrade pricing for existing Visual Age PL/I customers), ..." and my reply showing the one of the part numbers and where it is documented. *** Dare you to admit that you were WRONG when you stated (today), "That couldnt have been the reason you posted that info (which I wasnt aware of) since this is the first post I have raised this issue, (must be someone else who really gives a damn)." -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:... > ain't no such thing as > "a Z/OS PL/I for Windows pkg" > > So you are correct (for a change) there isn't anyone who has upgraded to it. > > For any other question (to correct your publicly stated misconceptions on how > the product works), check out the manual for yourself at: > > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27007348 > > As far as IBM selling copies of its "Websphere Developer for z/OS" product, > there have certainly been lots of sales (as reported at IBM user groups) as > well as the fact that many copies are "given away" with other IBM product > purchases. > > As far as upgrade pricing and ordering, check out the announcement at: > > http://www-306.ibm.com/fcgi-bin/common/ssi/ssialias?infotype=an&s...

OS PL/1 Compiler Error?
Hi, Anyone knows what is "IEL0935I U" means(layman terms:)? I am trying to add a proc to a large program, and I got that compiler error in OS PL/1 v2r3. Thanks in advance <ospl1> wrote in message news:451dbe21$0$16375$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com... > Anyone knows what is "IEL0935I U" means(layman terms:)? > I am trying to add a proc to a large program, and I got that compiler > error in OS PL/1 v2r3. From the manual: <quote> IEL0935I U THE SIZE REQUIRED FOR ADDRESSING CONSTANTS IN STATIC STORAGE FOR THIS PROGRAM EXCEEDS 4095 BYTES. COMPILATION TERMINATED. Explanation: The compiler cannot generate correct addressing code if the addressing constants at the start of static storage occupy more than 4095 bytes. The addressing constants in question consist of three for each procedure, ON-unit, and begin-block, and one for each additional entry point, plus address constants for resident library routines, branching within the object program, and address constants to address the remainder of static storage beyond 4K. This message can be issued when the TEST compile-time option is specified, because PLITEST hooks and the PLITEST symbol table locator/descriptor initialization code increases the size of the program CSECT. This increases the number of addressing constants for branching within the program. Programmer Response: Split the external procedure into two or more external procedures, or change some large static variables to CON...

Compiler telling me I have 1.4 JDK when i have 1.5 wont compile generics code
Hi. I had written some code which i now plan to deploy (or at least display its output) using servlets. I have never used servlets before but have read up on them and am learning as I go. I have finally put a servlet in amongst my code and am having two major troubles. 1) My code contains ArrayLists. When i compiled the code before they were working as expected. Since I have added this code to the (Automatically generated in NetBeans IDE 4.1) code that outputs the servlet and jsps in tomcat I get a compiling error on the ArrayLists. C:\*\src\java\fyp_rail_simulation\RailSimulationSystem....

PL/1 Version 1.1 and z/OS support
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver 1.1? Thanks, Ron. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > I would expect it would probably *run*, baring LE incompatibalities (score one for static libraries). Hasn't EOS been announced for 1.1? Most of the incompatibilities with Enterprise PL/I have now been corrected. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > > > Thanks, > Ron. > I have used it in vendor software running in a number of shops - some quite large - and no reports of problems so far. I would expect programs compiled in it to run correctly for quite a few years to come. So, in summary: No worries! PL/I for MVS and VM still works great. Ah yes. "The last of the mainframe compilers...". The compilers written in PL/I (VisualAge and later) cannot produce a load module which can (correctly) be marked as RENT. Not a big issue for the programmer I suppose, but I do like that subpool 252 storage protection. (Actually, in my current job, I'm using OS PL/I V2R3 (with PL/I transient library ahead of the LE runtime library) on OS/390 2.8. PL/I for MVS and VM would be luxury. <sigh> DB2 V5. IMS V6. Gotta love it. <g>) Cheers, Greg ...

1.1 compiler bug?
Suppose we have following: public class A { public int do1() {...} public int do2() {...} } public interface Ai { int do1(); int do2(); } public class B extends A implements Ai { //everything are already implemented by A } public class C implements Ai { public int do1() {...} public int do2() {...} } public class ATest { public static void main(String [] args) { Ai ai = new B(); ai.do1(); } } A is existing JDK class. I can compile these all in java 1.3, but not in java 1.1. 1.1 compiler complains: reference to do1 is ambiguous. it is d...

iseries or AS/400 PL/1 compiler wanted!
Hi everybody. I'm looking for someone that has 5799-GCG installed on his iSeries. I'm running OS/400 V4R3M0 on my 9402-170 and I'm needing to compile some programs in PL/1, but I don't have a PL/1 compiler yet. Does somebody have 5799-GCG installed and could save as with SAVLICPGM into a save file and send it to me ? Regards, Joey. Found by IBM: -------------------------------------------------------------- AS/400 PL/I PRPQ V4R2 CD-ROM (LCD4-1810-00) Abstract: This CD contains the object code for AS/400 PL/I PRPQ V4R2 It is not separately orderable. ------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Error Compile 1.8.0 and 1.8.1-pre2
I'm trying to compile they latest. But i'm getting a SEGMENTATION FAULT error. It happens on miniruby. I found a post that said to add --enable-shared. So I did and this got me to the next file libruby.so with an error saying 'Unkown nod type 0'. I tried it on 1.8.1 and got the same segementation fault on miniruby. --enabled-shared didn't help. I'll keep searching and hacking but I thought I'd put this out these to see if anyone has any ideas. thanks, -t0 p.s. I'm doing this on GoboLinux. So maybe the alternate file hiearchry is the problem, but I doubt I w...

Homemade PL/1 compilers? You're joking, right?
When I was young, ambitious and naive I pondered the idea of improving upon the IBM System 360 PL/I-F compiler. To aid in this doomed endeavour, I obtained the XPL compiler generator system, (a free offering from SHARE in the form of an 800 bpi 9 track DTR) and bought the book by McKeeman, Horning, Wortman. (Recall that the XPL system used a variant of precedence parsing.) As early as page 12 of the book, the authors warn: "The potentially exponential growth of translator size as language complexity increases has two important implications. First, a translation method effective for simple test languages or machines may prove inadequate for more practical languages or existing machines. Second, an elaborate language (e.g. the full PL/I) may need a much larger translator than that needed by several smaller languages which, in aggregate, have the same features." An early problem was whether to sanction abbreviations for keywords. Yes, abbrevs wer gud in pun crd das & seem 2 b grt 4 fones now, but in keeping with D.E.K.'s Toward More Literate Porgramming, I'd toss them. Does anyone speak in terms of PROC, DCL, VAR, CHAR (OK, B.C., California and parts of Europe excepted), AUTO, etc.? The major sticking point was keywords as reserved words. The XPL system resolved it neatly: DECLARE PROCEDURE CHARACTER; was not allowed. So kicking out abbreviations, and resolving the reserved-keyword complication by requiring keywords to be uppercase, that still...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

Re: Error Compile 1.8.0 and 1.8.1-pre2
> Could you show stack trace? Sorry, I don't know much about compiling programs. How do I do what you are asking? -t0 Hi, At Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:23:55 +0900, T. Onoma wrote: > > Could you show stack trace? > > Sorry, I don't know much about compiling programs. How do I do what you are asking? Run miniruby from gdb or run "gdb miniruby core" after segfault, and type "where" (without quotes, with return). -- Nobu Nakada Hi, At Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:06:43 +0900, nobu.nokada@softhome.net wrote: > Run miniruby from gdb or run "gdb minirub...

Compiling 1.5.3 or 1.6.1 on Solaris 5.9
I've been pulling my hair out over this for a couple hours and I can't see forest for trees at this point. Both version fail to compile libkrb5support.so.0.1 with this error + gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align - Wconversion -Wshadow -pedantic -shared -h libkrb5support.so.0 -o libkrb5support.so.0.1 threads.so init-addrinfo.so plugins.so errors.so gmt_mktime.so fake-addrinfo.so -R/afs/slac.stanford.edu/ package/krb5/1.5.3/sun4x_59/lib -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -ldl ld: fatal: file libkrb5support.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I am using gcc 3.2.3 and the only odd thing I can see is the -shared -h libkrb5support.so.0 option. Documentation on what -h actually does seems sparse... It certainly doesn't do what is listed in the man page. _ Booker C. Bense ...

Jdk 1.6 will not compile: cannot access java.lang.Object
Hi all,I just installed Jdk 1.6 update 4 and tried my first compilation. Icompiled something that previously compiled easily. However, with Jdk1.6 I got the error:SomeFile.java:45: cannot access java.lang.Objectbad class file: C:\Tools\Jdk16\jre\lib\rt.jar(java/lang/Object.class)class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory ofthe classpath. private UserRec currRec = null;I compile directly with javac from a DOS prompt. I tried to compilefew other files and got the same results.Please help! rzeira@comcast.net wrote:> I just...

Web resources about - Demo / Evaluation PL/1 Compilers etc at IBM - comp.lang.pl1

Program Evaluation and Review Technique - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Program (or Project ) Evaluation and Review Technique , commonly abbreviated PERT , is a statistical tool, used in project management , that ...

Ready-K! The Kindergarten Readiness Preparation and Evaluation Test on the App Store on iTunes
Get Ready-K! The Kindergarten Readiness Preparation and Evaluation Test on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Windows 8: The Animated Evaluation - YouTube
When I had some free time to take a look at Windows 8, I realized that I couldn't be impartial. The thing blows, and in this cartoon illustration, ...

Indian worker sent for psychiatric evaluation after vicious knife attack in Dubai - The National
Man stabbed colleague multiple times in face, neck and torso after losing his job.

Baby dies in New York after being thrown out a window, mother under psychiatric evaluation
The death of the child was the third time in recent months that babies in the city had been fatally thrown from a window of their own home.

Good Gear Guide Evaluation Team Reviews
Technology news and reviews for business and home.

Center for Innovation, Testing, & Evaluation: World’s Largest Urban Simulator
AT FIRST glance it appears to be an illusion &#8212; a giant, very pricey one.

Oscar Pistorius to start psychiatric evaluation at Pretoria hospital
Paralympian Oscar Pistorius will begin a psychiatric evaluation at a mental-health hospital on May 26 to determine if he can be held criminally ...

Costs of election promises need independent evaluation
The sky is the limit for political parties when it comes to making election promises. Having a Victorian parliamentary budget office would help ...

State watchdog SAPPRFT holds annual television programing evaluation meeting
State watchdog SAPPRFT holds annual television programing evaluation meeting