IBM announces a new (follow-on) version of its PL/I Windows product

For anyone who missed it yesterday,  IBM announced their follow-on product for
Windows and z/OS development (on Windows).  As with the last product, this is a
single product that provides:

  - Windows and z/OS targeted development
 - COBOL and PL/I (and C/C++ and java) development
 - CICS, IMS, DB2, etc integration
 - HLASM integration
 - etc

The announcement is available at (long URL):
   http://www-306.ibm.com/common/ssi/fcgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an&appname=iSource&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS206-320

Unlike the last version, this announcement makes it EXPLICIT that the product
fully supports both Windows and z/OS targeted applications.

NOTE:
  I do NOT see an "upgrade from earlier product" pricing option within the
announcement, but I believe that for anyone who owns a currently supported
product (for which they are paying maintenance) may get further information via
the listed phone number.

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

0
wmklein (2605)
12/6/2006 6:24:36 PM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> For anyone who missed it yesterday,  IBM announced their follow-on product
> for Windows and z/OS development (on Windows).  As with the last product,
> this is a single product that provides:
>
>  - Windows and z/OS targeted development
> - COBOL and PL/I (and C/C++ and java) development
> - CICS, IMS, DB2, etc integration
> - HLASM integration
> - etc
>
> The announcement is available at (long URL):
>
> http://www-306.ibm.com/common/ssi/fcgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an&appname=iSource&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS206-320
>
> Unlike the last version, this announcement makes it EXPLICIT that the
> product fully supports both Windows and z/OS targeted applications.
>
> NOTE:
>  I do NOT see an "upgrade from earlier product" pricing option within the
> announcement, but I believe that for anyone who owns a currently supported
> product (for which they are paying maintenance) may get further
> information via the listed phone number.
>
> --
> Bill Klein
> wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com

How about sharing with us the pricing for a new single-user license for PL/I
compiler
that installs on Windows and creates applications to execute on Windows..

0
dave_frank (2243)
12/19/2006 11:44:41 AM
See the referenced web site for how to find out pricing.  As I think EVERYONE
has (repeatedly) made clear, IBM no longer sells a "PL/I" only product for
Windows.  They *DO* sell a Windows development product (that produces standalone
PL/I compiled applications for Windows) - but that product ALSO includes a COBOL
compiler (for Windows) DB2, CICS, HLASM, etc development tools for both Windows
and z/OS.

NOTE:
   As also stated here before, IBM rarely posts "universal" pricing as their
pricing varies from country to country.  Current and perspective customers
certainly CAN follow the IBM links to get the information.

As usual, if current IBM customers can provide a "business case" for IBM to
provide a stand-alone Windows PL/I (or COBOL) compiler, then I am certain that
IBM will do so.

As Usual, I will point out that IBM sees *no* business case for provide a
Fortran (or APL or Pascal or many other language) compilers for Windows (whether
for developing Windows applications OR for developing mainframe applications).
In fact, they barely see a business case for Fortran compilers for z/OS.  (There
is still one, but it rarely gets updates - certainly not the way that PL/I and
COBOL do).

P.S.  How much does it cost to get a Windows development tool to create z/OS
Fortran applications that can access CICS, IBM, DB2 and interact with HLASM?
(And who sells such a product, so one can compare its pricing to that for the
IBM Windows PL/I product?)

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> For anyone who missed it yesterday,  IBM announced their follow-on product
>> for Windows and z/OS development (on Windows).  As with the last product,
>> this is a single product that provides:
>>
>>  - Windows and z/OS targeted development
>> - COBOL and PL/I (and C/C++ and java) development
>> - CICS, IMS, DB2, etc integration
>> - HLASM integration
>> - etc
>>
>> The announcement is available at (long URL):
>>
>> http://www-306.ibm.com/common/ssi/fcgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an&appname=iSource&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS206-320
>>
>> Unlike the last version, this announcement makes it EXPLICIT that the product
>> fully supports both Windows and z/OS targeted applications.
>>
>> NOTE:
>>  I do NOT see an "upgrade from earlier product" pricing option within the
>> announcement, but I believe that for anyone who owns a currently supported
>> product (for which they are paying maintenance) may get further information
>> via the listed phone number.
>>
>> --
>> Bill Klein
>> wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com
>>

> How about sharing with us the pricing for a new single-user license for PL/I
> compiler
> that installs on Windows and creates applications to execute on Windows..

0
wmklein (2605)
12/19/2006 8:47:33 PM
Following up to "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> :

> but that product ALSO includes a COBOL
>compiler (for Windows) DB2, CICS, HLASM, etc development tools for both Windows
>and z/OS.

It's a bit like buying a 4-wheel-drive sports car, with a hatchback, tow
bar and roof rack, underwater  capability and a built in sail for windy
days. When all you really need is a little run-around to nip down to the
shops in.
--
Tim C.
True, except for the fact that IBM (not necessarily I) perceives that not enough
car, with a hatchback, tow  bar and roof rack, underwater  capability and a
built in sail for windy days"

IF there were sufficient people who wanted the former, then IBM would sell it.

If INsufficient people wanted the latter, then IBM wouldn't keep enhancing and
expanding it.

--
Bill Klein
 wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com
"Tim C." <tim.challenger@aon.at> wrote in message
> Following up to "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> :
>
>> but that product ALSO includes a COBOL
>>compiler (for Windows) DB2, CICS, HLASM, etc development tools for both
>>Windows
>>and z/OS.
>

> It's a bit like buying a 4-wheel-drive sports car, with a hatchback, tow
> bar and roof rack, underwater  capability and a built in sail for windy
> days. When all you really need is a little run-around to nip down to the
> shops in.
> --
> Tim C.

0
wmklein (2605)
12/20/2006 6:50:19 PM
Following up to "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> :

>True, except for the fact that IBM (not necessarily I) perceives that not enough
>people want "run-arounds" but lots of people want to buy "4-wheel-drive sports
>car, with a hatchback, tow  bar and roof rack, underwater  capability and a
>built in sail for windy days"

That's clear. :-)

>IF there were sufficient people who wanted the former, then IBM would sell it.
>
>If INsufficient people wanted the latter, then IBM wouldn't keep enhancing and
>expanding it.

Or perhaps they think that those that want a runaround will just shut up
and by the touring version of the Cayenne.

Which is one reason why we're dumping PLI. (Not the only reason)
--
Tim C.
William M. Klein wrote:
> True, except for the fact that IBM (not necessarily I) perceives that not enough
> people want "run-arounds" but lots of people want to buy "4-wheel-drive sports
> car, with a hatchback, tow  bar and roof rack, underwater  capability and a
> built in sail for windy days"
>
> IF there were sufficient people who wanted the former, then IBM would sell it.
>
> If INsufficient people wanted the latter, then IBM wouldn't keep enhancing and
> expanding it.

It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.  They decide what they think
you're going to want and then try to sell it to you.  Some percentage of
customers want the product badly enough that they're willing to pay for
an "SUV" they don't want or need in order to get it.  Some other
percentage is unwilling to pay for something they don't need, so they go
away and don't buy anything.  If you don't try, you'll never find out
what the percentages are.  As I see it, IBM has never sold a
reasonably-priced PL/I compiler, other than mainframe compilers that are
priced comparably to other languages and/or vendors.

0
Peter_Flass (956)
12/22/2006 12:24:46 AM
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:24:46 -0500, Peter Flass
<Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com> wrote:

>It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.  They decide what they think
>you're going to want and then try to sell it to you.  Some percentage of
>customers want the product badly enough that they're willing to pay for
>an "SUV" they don't want or need in order to get it.  Some other
>percentage is unwilling to pay for something they don't need, so they go
>away and don't buy anything.  If you don't try, you'll never find out
>what the percentages are.  As I see it, IBM has never sold a
>reasonably-priced PL/I compiler, other than mainframe compilers that are
>priced comparably to other languages and/or vendors.

Didn't IBM used to sell something called "Personal PL/1?"  For about
$150 or so?

In <021po29cn8lojh8f79nlerfpqhf6huco99@4ax.com>, on 12/22/2006
   at 05:20 PM, Andrew Hamilton <Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> said:

>Didn't IBM used to sell something called "Personal PL/1?"  For about
>$150 or so?

Yes.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT  <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.  Reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

0
spamtrap16 (3722)
12/24/2006 6:24:23 PM
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 13:24:23 -0500, "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz"
<spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:

>In <021po29cn8lojh8f79nlerfpqhf6huco99@4ax.com>, on 12/22/2006
>   at 05:20 PM, Andrew Hamilton <Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> said:
>
>>Didn't IBM used to sell something called "Personal PL/1?"  For about
>>$150 or so?
>
>Yes.

So with all this talk about PL/1 for the mainframes, why doesn't IBM
just sell Personal PL/1 again?

Makes sense to me.

IBM announces new Version of PL/I for AIX
For those who might have missed it - or be surprised by it, please see: http://www.ibm.com/isource/cgi-bin/goto?it=usa_annred&on=204-129 P.S. The corresponding COBOL announcement is at: http://www.ibm.com/isource/cgi-bin/goto?it=usa_annred&on=204-128 -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:LUZBc.14143$Wr.12987@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > For those who might have missed it - or be surprised by it, please see: > > http://www.ibm.com/isource/cgi-bin/goto?it=usa_annred&on=204-129 > > P.S. The corresponding COBOL announcement is at: > > http://www.ibm.com/isource/cgi-bin/goto?it=usa_annred&on=204-128 > > -- > Bill Klein > wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com > I admit it, I am surprised... If I start saving $1/day, then in only 8 years I will have saved enuf to buy it.. Actually, I couldn't find the price in the announcement, but ASSUMING that the price was in the $3000 range (as you imply) - then instead of saving a dollar a day, you could produce ONE "production" application that you make 5 dollars profit on and sell 6001 copies of it to make a profit. (You would need to sell less copies if you made more profit per sold copy - or if you made created multiple applications, each would require lower profit margins.) -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "David Frank" <d...

IBM announced newest release of product including "IBM COBOL for Windows"
This week, IBM announced the latest release of the *ONLY* product that they now sell that include a currently supported version of "IBM COBOL for Windows". See: http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/rep_ca/0/897/ENUS209-380/ENUS209-380.PDF It appears (but I haven't seen the details) that there are new installation options that will allow a user to better "tailor" which features of RDz they want installed. NOTE WELL: This does NOT mean that there are options for only BUYING those features that you want to use. If you are a shop that *only* wants COBOL (not PL/I...

Upgrading to currently supported IBM PL/I for Windows (was: How IBM recovered from the PL/I fiasco
David, The following (repost) includes your note from the end of August where you stated, "no upgrade pricing for existing Visual Age PL/I customers), ..." and my reply showing the one of the part numbers and where it is documented. *** Dare you to admit that you were WRONG when you stated (today), "That couldnt have been the reason you posted that info (which I wasnt aware of) since this is the first post I have raised this issue, (must be someone else who really gives a damn)." -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:... > ain't no such thing as > "a Z/OS PL/I for Windows pkg" > > So you are correct (for a change) there isn't anyone who has upgraded to it. > > For any other question (to correct your publicly stated misconceptions on how > the product works), check out the manual for yourself at: > > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27007348 > > As far as IBM selling copies of its "Websphere Developer for z/OS" product, > there have certainly been lots of sales (as reported at IBM user groups) as > well as the fact that many copies are "given away" with other IBM product > purchases. > > As far as upgrade pricing and ordering, check out the announcement at: > > http://www-306.ibm.com/fcgi-bin/common/ssi/ssialias?infotype=an&s...

IBM announces new release of Enterpirse PL/II for z/OS
Today, IBM announced "IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V3.8 delivers performance improvements and usability enhancements" See: http://www.ibm.com/isource/cgi-bin/goto?it=usa_annred&on=208-365 -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com William M. Klein wrote: > Today, IBM announced > "IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V3.8 delivers performance improvements and > usability enhancements" > > See: > http://www.ibm.com/isource/cgi-bin/goto?it=usa_annred&on=208-365 > There was a rumor back in the 1960's that IBM had registered the names PL/1-PL/99; but this is the first time I have seen anything higher than PL/1 actually used. :) oops. Sorry for the typo (in the subject, not the body) -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "James J. Weinkam" <jjw@cs.sfu.ca> wrote in message news:Aw3Ok.4894$fF3.873@edtnps83... > William M. Klein wrote: >> Today, IBM announced >> "IBM Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V3.8 delivers performance improvements and >> usability enhancements" >> >> See: >> http://www.ibm.com/isource/cgi-bin/goto?it=usa_annred&on=208-365 >> > There was a rumor back in the 1960's that IBM had registered the names > PL/1-PL/99; but this is the first time I have seen anything higher than PL/1 > actually used. :) "James J. Weinkam" <jjw@cs.sfu.ca> writes: > William M. Klein wrote: >...

Announcing new gnumex version
This is an announcement that there is a new version gnumex available. gnumex sets up Matlab to use the Mingw compilers (gcc on windows) to create mex files. In the new version we have included support for 64 Bit Matlab (using Mingw-64). gnumex can be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnumex/ In addition, gnumex now allows gcc to appear in the list of installed compilers once it has been set up, so you can easily switch between gcc and other installed compilers. Why is this of interest? The only other free compiler on windows is currently that which is supplied with the windows sdk. This compiler does not yet support the C99 standard, and won't for some time. It also has a few other issues that make cross-platform coding more difficult than it need be. There is also the possibility of using a fortran compiler. Regards, gnumex team I think version 2013b comes with a 64 Bit compiler built in. Which is great! "Royi Avital" wrote in message <l0h2r8$jv1$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > I think version 2013b comes with a 64 Bit compiler built in. > > Which is great! Not the 64 Bit version, at least for mex files see: http://www.mathworks.co.uk/support/compilers/R2013b/index.html?sec=win64#matlab "Richard Crozier" wrote in message <l0hqmb$82f$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > "Royi Avital" wrote in message <l0h2r8$jv1$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > > I think version...

Share your products, get reviewed and announce new products
Hi, We have started a new discussion forum to share, announce and review softwares and games. You can submit shareware as well as freewares. Links to download sites can also be posted and viewed. We request you to contribute to our forum http://www.cravedownload.com. Thanks Crave Download Team. ...

[ANNOUNCE] NewTek Announces 1st 64-bit Anim, New 3D Product
NewTek Produces First 64-bit 3D Animation for the Microsoft Launch of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Bill Gates keynote features LightWave� 64 animation NewTek is pleased to announce today the creation of the first 3D animation modeled, animated and rendered entirely in a native Windows 64-bit environment. Using Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and the beta version of LightWave� 64 on a 64-bit AMD Opteron(TM) with 32GB of RAM, Rob Powers, lead creature animator on James Cameron's "Aliens of the Deep" created an extremely rich and beautifully textured undersea ...

New product announcement
For the Apple fan that has everything... http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/icopulate.shtml Well, almost everything. -- Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR) "Making it hard to do stupid things often makes it hard to do smart ones too." -- Andrew Koenig "Randy Howard" <randyhoward@FOOverizonBAR.net> stated in post MPG.1cb7f23fff8c3d1a98a283@news.verizon.net on 4/1/05 11:05 PM: > > For the Apple fan that has everything... > > http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/icopulate.shtml > > Well, almost everything. Reminds me of the ol' iBrator http://www.goatee.org/ibrator/ And I see it has been updated... oh my: http://www.flamingmailbox.com/maccomedy/movies/ibrator.html -- I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic. _________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account In article <BE738715.F202%SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID>, SNIT@CABLE0NE.NET.INVALID says... > > http://www.flamingmailbox.com/maccomedy/movies/ibrator.html Too funny. :-) ...

Windows Installer
I just placed a new version of the Windows Installer on our NTP download page at http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm because the version which was available the last two days (1.1367) was simply too hot and new and included an annoying bug. Please take my apologies for any inconveniences this may have already caused. I recommend to download the version 4.2.0a@1.1354-o and install it instead. If you already have installed a version of NTP with our installer, you only need to answer "Yes" when you are asked if you only want to upgrade files. Please note that this is also a development release. The new installer is working only with a recent version of NTP, therefore at the moment I am not able to provide a "stable" release. The one available now has been marked "tested", but cannot safely be considered stable. I will publish a Windows Installer Version with a stable release as soon as the project releases the next stable version. The last version marked "stable" is Version 4.2.0 dated 2003/10/15. It would be very helpful if you could provide me with feedback whether the installer is OK, buggy or lacks some functionality somehow. And, please contribute to the NTP project by testing and giving feedback to the project team. If you think you have found a bug, please go to bugs.ntp.isc.org and check if your bug already has been detected by someone else. If not, you are encouraged to submit a new bug report and help ...

Announce when new alpine version is out?
Dear developers, could you please announce in this newsgroup whenever a new version of alpine is out? On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Holger Marzen wrote: > Dear developers, > > could you please announce in this newsgroup whenever a new version of > alpine is out? We do announce when an official release comes out. There has only been 1.00 so far but we expect 1.10 relatively soon. There are also snapshots available that aren't announced. Those change more frequently. Steve On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Holger Marzen wrote: :) could you please announce in this newsgroup whenever a new v...

[ANNOUNCE] New version of RamDebugger
A new version of RamDebugger has been released. Details below: Introduction ============ RamDebugger is a graphical debugger for the scripting lenguage Tcl-TK. With RamDebugger, it is possible to make Local Debugging, where the debugger starts the program to be debugged. and Remote debugging, where the program to debug is already started and RamDebugger connects to it. RamDebugger has additional capabilities like: * Editing the code. It is possible to edit the code inside its own editor and resend the new code without closing the debugged program. * The TCL-TK source code is colorized and supports automatic indentation. * When stopping the debugger is one source code line, it is possible to view all the variables and expression values, as well as change them. * It has additional options to measure execution times in the debugged program. Works in Linux and Windows * Includes additional packages, like Tkcon and VisualRegexp, developed by third party people, as a convenience for RamDebugger users. * The same program is an IDE for compiling and debugging c and c++ Changes ======= Changes From version 5.6 to version 6.1 * Partly converted to tile * Prepared for working with TabletPC * Highly optimized XML parsing and colorize Changes From version 5.5 to version 5.6 * Added trace command in the Breakpoints window (checking in every line if a variable changes) * New debug option: Continue out of loop Changes From version 5.4 to version ...

Announcement
If you are a VNC user or you are looking for a very inexpensive yet full featured remote management application, you really should try out VNCScan. It's available at http://www.vncscan.com and for $40, its practically free compared to the other guys. VNC Features: a.. Wizard driven VNC deployment. You can push install the following VNC flavors: a.. UltraVNC b.. RealVNC 4 c.. TightVNC d.. mVNC e.. Tridia VNC f.. RealVNC 3 b.. Multithreaded (super fast) VNC scanner c.. Save profiles of VNC settings for standard deployments. d.. Add cust...

New computer product announcements
From Dell 1. XPSTM 710 H2C for PC enthusiasts and high end gamers. The system, a first, incorporates a two-stage cooling process. First, a liquid-to-air heat exchanger works like a car�s radiator and fan system to remove heat from the processor. Then, ceramic-based thermoelectric cooling modules like those used in space shuttles remove additional heat. Sensors help prevent the formation of frost or condensation by helping to keep the processor slightly above ambient room temperature. The XPS 710 H2C starts at $5,499 and is available worldwide. 2. Two new flat-panel monitors. Favored by gamers, photographers and digital-media experts, the company�s first 27 inch widescreen monitor has a 30-percent broader color spectrum than traditional monitors. The second, a 22 inch widescreen model, is rich in features and ideal for watching videos and playing games. Both are available immediately worldwide, and priced at $1,399 and $329, respectively 3. Home Media Suite, a product bundle that will gear up any room of a home. It includes a new digital television tuner that when combined with other products delivers a full, seamless digital-entertainment experience, including receiving and recording premium high-definition digital cable and streaming it wirelessly to other parts of the home. The bundle includes an XPS 410 desktop, Windows Vista when available, digital TV tuner, 27-inch flat panel monitor, speakers, Dell All in One 966 printer, and an 802.11 dual band router and p...

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit W3KSERVER 12 284 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit Linux IBM DB2 Connect Applic Server Edition V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 392 IBM DB2 Spatial Extender v8.1 64Bit Multilanguage 12 610 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Liberty 64bit No.Of.Disk:1 Format:Cue/Bin Rar Files:9 Type:OS Protection:None Notes:Just another OS but you must have Windows XP to install install it and run it ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition Format......: BIN/CUE RAR count........: 47 X 15mb Protection.......: None Date........: May 01, 2002 This is the Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition operating system that will only run on 64 bit processors. It will not work on any others. To Install: No Serial or Crack is Needed for this rele...

[...]

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit W3KSERVER 12 284 IBM DB2 Connect Ap...

64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit
64 bit - Windows Liberty 64bit, Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit, IBM DB2 64 bit - new ! Windows Liberty 64bit 8403 Windows Limited Edition 64 Bit Edition 8764 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition 64 Bit 12 000 IBM DB2 UNIVERSAL CONNECT ENTERPRISE EDITION V8.1.2 64BIT 12 211 IBM DB2 Administration Client V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 266 IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition V8.1.2 64Bit W3KSERVER 12 284 IBM DB2 Connect Applic Server Edition V8.1.2 64bit W3KSERVER 12 392 IBM DB2 Spatial Extender v8.1 64Bit Multilanguage 12 610 If you have Googled your butt off, and haven't come up with anything ...., and for 14,000 more reasons, please send e-mail, tel4@ath.forthnet.gr, tel2003@pathfinder.gr, astra35@pathfinder.gr, ...

[...]

How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab?
How to use new functions of new Matlab version in the old version of Matlab? Maybe it is not a good question but the situation is that I have got a MatlabR2008b on my laptop but the PCs of the university got only MatlabR2007b. I just want to use one particular function in the MatlabR2008b on the university machine. How can I do that? Just copy the toolbox? Or can I build the function as a .dll? Thanks! p.s: Of course I can not persuade the university to buy one MatlabR2008... I am also not the administrator; thus, I can not setup my MatlabR2008 on the university machine even I got th...

IBM PL/I for Windows (FixPack info)
Just because the MIS-information is so often posted to this newsgroup, I thought I would post the URL fro the README file for the latest "fixpack" for IBM's PL/I for Windows. It is currently available at: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/pli/fixes/v2.1.13/windows/readme.htm And should anyone (who seriously cares about this) wonder, the link for enhancements goes to: ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/pli/fixes/v2.1.13/windows/readfp13.htm#FixPak0513new which says (in part) "All the Enterprise PL/I for z/OS compiler changes and updates which are appropriate for Windows have been incorporated into this fixpak." -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:inGVe.41193$e95.13136@fe08.news.easynews.com... > Just because the MIS-information is so often posted to this newsgroup, I > thought I would post the URL fro the README file for the latest "fixpack" > for IBM's PL/I for Windows. It is currently available at: > > ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/pli/fixes/v2.1.13/windows/readme.htm > > And should anyone (who seriously cares about this) wonder, the link for > enhancements goes to: > > ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/pli/fixes/v2.1.13/windows/readfp13.htm#FixPak0513new > > which says (in part) > > "All the Enterprise PL/I for z/OS compiler changes and updates which...

Beta version of new Windows Installer
Hi! I just uploaded a beta version of the new release of our Windows Installer for NTP. The main changes are: - Contains NTP Version 4.2.4p4@1.1520 - Now includes the NTP Time Server Monitor V1.0 (installed per default but can be deselected) - fixed a few things related to the Startmenu Entries - fixed the RANDFILE environment variable error Currently I plan to release the final version at the beginning of next week, so please test this beta release intensively if you have the chance to do so. This version has been named "modena" in honor of Luciano Pavarotti (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Pavarotti), the famous Italian tenor who died last week. The download link is: http://www.meinberg.de/download/ntp/windows/ntp-4.2.4p4@1.1520-modena-beta-o-win32-setup.exe Please note that this version is not digitally signed, we will sign the final version of the installer itself and the included NTP binaries. Best Regards, Heiko Heiko Gerstung wrote: > Hi! > > I just uploaded a beta version of the new release of our Windows > Installer for NTP. [] > Best Regards, > Heiko Sorry, but I will be unable to test this one in the next week or so. Cheers, David David J Taylor schrieb: > Heiko Gerstung wrote: >> Hi! >> >> I just uploaded a beta version of the new release of our Windows >> Installer for NTP. > [] >> Best Regards, >> Heiko > > Sorry, but I will be unable to test this one in the nex...

Announcement: New PL/I kit for Alpha
A new kit is now available for download from our website, which includes a complete rebuild of the GEM interface. This fixes a cute bug. When compiling with /SHOW=STATISTICS the compile speed is computed in lines per minute. Time is measured in in units of a hundredth of a millisecond, which turned out to be zero for a small program on an ES47. When this code was originally written in 1978 for the VAX I guess it was never thought that computers would get that fast! Tom Tom Linden wrote: > A new kit is now available for download from our website, > which includes a complete rebuild of the GEM interface. > This fixes a cute bug. When compiling with /SHOW=STATISTICS > the compile speed is computed in lines per minute. Time is measured > in in units of a hundredth of a millisecond, which turned out to be > zero for a small program on an ES47. When this code was originally written > in 1978 for the VAX I guess it was never thought that computers would get > that fast! The Hercules group working on S/370 emulators has found places where OS designers didn't expect computers to be that fast. One is in VM/370 where a tight loops is expected to take some number of clock ticks. When zero ticks occur during the loop a zerodivide occurs. There were also bugs found when Linux/390 didn't work right if I/O operations were too fast. That is, the I/O interrupt happens immediately after the instruction starting the operation. -- glen glen herr...

Web resources about - IBM announces a new (follow-on) version of its PL/I Windows product - comp.lang.pl1

Knock-and-announce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to exclude specific categories (e.g. drug crimes) from the knock-and-announce rule based on blanket "factoring", the Supreme Court in Richards ...

AdRoll Announces Self-Service Retargeting For Facebook News Feed Ads
AdRoll, a Facebook Exchange partner , announced Wednesday that it has rolled out ad retargeting in the News Feed . The company launched this ...

Ohio State Fair announces 2016 concert series lineup
This year's group includes Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton and YES.

Everything Apple needs to update, but won’t announce at its event next week
Apple is holding its first event of the year on Monday next week, and we’ve already reported everything that you should expect to see announced ...

Time Magazine Announces 30 Most Influential People On the Internet
Time Magazine announced recently its second annual (unranked) list of top 30 influencers on the internet, and they aren’t all Hollywood celebrities ...

Everything Apple plans to announce at Monday’s big event
Remember when Tim Cook back in 2012 vowed to "double down" on product secrecy? Well, things in that regard haven't exactly gone as planned. Sure, ...

Kaytranada announces guest-filled debut LP, shares "Bus Ride," touring, playing NYC's Highline Ballroom ...
Montreal's Kaytranada has announced his debut album, 99.9%, which will be out via XL on May 6. The record features appearances by AlunaGeorge, ...

Police Board Announces 3 Finalists For CPD Superintendent
CBS Local Police Board Announces 3 Finalists For CPD Superintendent CBS Local CHICAGO (CBS) — The Chicago Police Board has revealed two outsiders ...

Ontario IESO Announces Large Renewable Energy Projects
... Large Renewable Procurement (LRP), “a competitive process for procuring large renewable energy projects generally [&hellip Ontario IESO Announces ...

FIFA announces $122 million loss in 2015, a year marked by corruption scandal
ZURICH (AP) — FIFA announces $122 million loss in 2015, a year marked by corruption scandal.