IBM PL/I V8 ENHANCEMENTS

Enhancements in V3R8 of IBM PL/I

*   The new PLISAXC built-in function will allow the user to exploit the z/OS XML
    System Services parser as if it were a SAX parser. Thanks to the underlying
    support in this parser, PLISAXC will provide support for name spaces as well as
    documents that are larger than 2G.

*   The new ULENGTH, ULENGTH8, ULENGTH16, UPOS, USUBSTR, UVALID
    and UWIDTH built-in functions will allow the user to query and process strings
    containing UTF-8 and UTF-16 data.

*   The new FIXEDBIN, FIXEDDEC, FLOATBIN and FLOATDEC built-in functions
    will allow the user to specify all the result attributes (other than the mode) in a
    numeric conversion and thus allow the user to write not only more easily
    understood code but code that will also perform better (particularly for some
    DFP conversions).

*   The new ONLINE built-in function will allow the user to have easy access to
    another piece of information formerly available only in the runtime error
    message or dump, namely the line number in the user code at which a condition
    was raised.

*   The new REG12 built-in function will return the address of the CAA and will
    make it easier for users to write code that uses some Language Environment
    services.

*   The REPATTERN built-in function will support 3 additional DB2 date-time
    formats.

*   The new DIMACROSS attribute will make it easier to exploit DB2 multi-row
    fetch.

*   The new SUPPRESS attribute will make it easier to selectively suppress the
    compiler warning messages for uninitialized and unreferenced variables.

*   Trailing OPTIONAL arguments may now be omitted also on calls to internal
    procedures.

*   The new HEX suboption of the USAGE compiler option will allow the user to
    specify how much data is displayed when applying the HEX built-in function to
    VARYING and VARYINGZ strings.

0
robin51 (256)
8/15/2010 3:06:57 PM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

IBM PL/I V7 ENHANCEMENTS
Enhancements at V3R7 of IBM's PL/I * IEEE Decimal Floating-Point (DFP) is supported. This includes support for the following new built-in functions: - ISFINITE - ISINF - ISNAN - ISNORMAL - ISZERO Also, as part of the DFP support, the following old built-in functions have been updated: - EPSILON - EXPONENT - HUGE - MAXEXP - MINEXP - PLACES - PRED - RADIX - ROUND - SCALE - SUCC - TINY * The new MEMCONVERT built-in function will allow the user to convert arbitrary lengths of data between arbitrary code p...

Upgrading to currently supported IBM PL/I for Windows (was: How IBM recovered from the PL/I fiasco
David, The following (repost) includes your note from the end of August where you stated, "no upgrade pricing for existing Visual Age PL/I customers), ..." and my reply showing the one of the part numbers and where it is documented. *** Dare you to admit that you were WRONG when you stated (today), "That couldnt have been the reason you posted that info (which I wasnt aware of) since this is the first post I have raised this issue, (must be someone else who really gives a damn)." -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "William M. Klein&q...

IBM continues to suppport and enhance its PL/I support
David Frank wrote in message ... >A couple years ago, Peter Elderon replied to my inquiry about new PL/I >development, altho he states that windows pl/i has been upgraded in tandem >with Z/os. He by omission is saying other than a windows tandem upgrade >(its being updated with fixpacks, which is not a Version upgrade), IBM is >cutting back its upgrades for other platforms, e.g. the last windows pl/i >release was 1998 v2.1 thats SEVEN YEARS ago. I've told you before that the Windows PL/I compiler was ported to z/OS. This was a new compiler for z/OS, and that there hav...

IBM PL/I V9 ENHANCEMENTS Oct. 2009
Enhancements at V9 of IBM/s PL/I. (PL/I Language Reference, 11th Edition, Oct. 2009) * The new MEMCU12, MEMCU21, MEMCU14, MEMCU24, MEMCU41, and MEMCU42 built-in functions provide the ability to convert between UTF-8, UTF-16, and UTF-32, and on z/OS, they do this with inline code that exploits the corresponding hardware instruction. * The new PLITRAN11, PLITRAN12, PLITRAN21, and PLITRAN22 built-in functions provide the ability to translate one-byte and/or two-byte buffers, and on z/OS, they do this with inline code that exploits the corresponding hardware instructi...

IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Expr
IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Pe...

[...]

re: IBM continues PL/I support (was: IBM continues ...)
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:48:40 GMT > I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran) > were just updated, but not PL/I.. .. That doesn't mean anything. There are other languages available on AIX. It's just a specific announcement about those compilers. .. > Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats > receiving development support. .. We know you're lying, and you know you're lying. .. Peter Elderon wrote to you several month...

IBM PL/I
Could somebody tell exact name (and version) of IBM product, where I can use PL/I under Windows XP? I need in compile, link and make executables for Windows. Product should be active, i.e I can buy it. The currently supported product for Windows targeted development includes both the PL/I and COBOL compilers and lots of other "stuff". Check out "WebSphere Developer for z/Series" at: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/devzseries/ It is NOT cheap, but it is supported (both for mainframe and windows targeted development) and does provide significant tools (p...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for Web...

PL/I
Just to clarify (I hope) information about PL/I, standards, and IBM. If you check out: http://www.techstreet.com/cgi-bin/results and put "PL/I" in the search option (at the top) You will see the dates of the "most recent" ANSI PL/I Standards. ANSI rules say that any Standard *must* be reaffirmed every 5 years to be a "current" ANSI Standard. Therefore, the - ANSI/INCITS 74-1987(R1993) PL/I General Purpose Subset (formerly ANSI X3.74-1987(R1993)) and - INCITS TR-7-1989 Information Processing Systems Technical Report - Rea...

Web resources about - IBM PL/I V8 ENHANCEMENTS - comp.lang.pl1

Edge enhancement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Edge enhancement is an image processing filter that enhances the edge contrast of an image or video in an attempt to improve its acutance (apparent ...

Platform Updates: Mobile App Ad Enhancements, Business Mapping Token and EU VAT Changes
Platform Updates: Mobile App Ad Enhancements, Business Mapping Token and EU VAT Changes

PMD IgnitionOne adds analytics enhancements to digital marketing suite
IgnitionOne , a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer, announced recently an update to the company’s digital marketing suite, adding deeper ...

Mobile app updates: Enhancements to search, web browsing and more
Today we’re updating our iOS and Android apps along with mobile.twitter.com to make it easier and faster to find and see content on Twitter. ...

Editing is essential: new badges and review enhancements
We rolled out three new badges last week! These recognize a pattern that sets Stack Exchange apart from the forums and message boards that came ...

YouTube - Nicholas Zakas: Progressive Enhancement 2.0
... engineer and author of several books about JavaScript, joined us at the March 5th, 2012 BayJax event to share his vision of progressive enhancement, ...

NBN business plans heat up with 'enhancements'
NBN Co has announced its first business-focused enhancement for NBN for Business, with four RSPs pegged to offer business services on the National ...

Worst celebrity plastic surgery: Stars who regret cosmetic enhancements
THEY went under the knife in an attempt to feel more beautiful, but they were left feeling nothing but regret.

Adobe Photoshop: 25 years of hoaxes, fails and enhancements
Turning 25 this week, Photoshop has done much more than make it easier for artists to create and enhance great works.

Fish enhancement program shuts down
... of working with government to keep fish populations in P.E.I. waterways healthy, the Cardigan Fish Hatchery is closing down its fish enhancement ...