ISO IBM Personal PL/I Upgrade

I currently have the IBM Personal PL/I compiler, V2.R1.04 purchased directly
from IBM so it's legal and was wondering if there's a later version
available.  I know IBM doesn't sell it any more, or at least I can't find it
on the IBM Website.  Is there anyone out there who would send me (or sell
me) the latest (last?) version of the Personal PL/I software or point me to
a place where I could get it?  I don't use PL/I enough to warrant a full
VisualAge purchase but I'd really like to get the Personal version up to
date.

TIA

Tom Lake

0
tlake (477)
10/7/2005 3:16:18 PM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 15:16:18 GMT, Tom Lake <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> I currently have the IBM Personal PL/I compiler, V2.R1.04 purchased
> directly
> from IBM so it's legal and was wondering if there's a later version
> available.  I know IBM doesn't sell it any more, or at least I can't
> find it
> on the IBM Website.  Is there anyone out there who would send me (or sell
> me) the latest (last?) version of the Personal PL/I software or point me
> a place where I could get it?  I don't use PL/I enough to warrant a full
> VisualAge purchase but I'd really like to get the Personal version up to
> date.
>
> TIA
>
> Tom Lake

Here is a better solution Purchase either PWS xxx (where xxx = 433, 500 or
600)
or XP1000 Alpha box,  you can probably get one for $200 to $600 off ebay,
install
Hobbyist version of VMS and Hobbyist version of PL/I, both free and you
will
have a far superior environment.  You will never see a BSOD and you will
never get
hacked.  Install WASD  web server, also free, you will have a hack-proof
high performance
web server.  There is also a lot more freeware available.

Tom

0
tom284 (1839)

Upgrading to currently supported IBM PL/I for Windows (was: How IBM recovered from the PL/I fiasco
David, The following (repost) includes your note from the end of August where you stated, "no upgrade pricing for existing Visual Age PL/I customers), ..." and my reply showing the one of the part numbers and where it is documented. *** Dare you to admit that you were WRONG when you stated (today), "That couldnt have been the reason you posted that info (which I wasnt aware of) since this is the first post I have raised this issue, (must be someone else who really gives a damn)." -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:... > ain't no such thing as > "a Z/OS PL/I for Windows pkg" > > So you are correct (for a change) there isn't anyone who has upgraded to it. > > For any other question (to correct your publicly stated misconceptions on how > the product works), check out the manual for yourself at: > > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27007348 > > As far as IBM selling copies of its "Websphere Developer for z/OS" product, > there have certainly been lots of sales (as reported at IBM user groups) as > well as the fact that many copies are "given away" with other IBM product > purchases. > > As far as upgrade pricing and ordering, check out the announcement at: > > http://www-306.ibm.com/fcgi-bin/common/ssi/ssialias?infotype=an&s...

Auction: IBM PERSONAL SYSTEM/ 2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE [50Z]
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PERSONAL-SYSTEM-2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE_W0QQitemZ200021693001QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3666QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Sep-03-06 14:21:38 PDT p/n 70G7092 486 SLC 25 / 50 Upgrade Hi Louis, > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200021693001 Sure, I'll bite... David David@IBMMuseum.com > Sure, I'll bite... Good luck. A cheese tried to come after mine. Apart from the socket, it's probably very similar to: http://greyghost.dyndns.org/mcastuff/486slc2/ I scanned the manual and converted it to PDF. Older Adobe reader versions may complain, but 3.0 and newer should open it without issue. William Hi William, > Good luck. A cheese tried to come after mine. Won without a fight (and I was expecting one)... David David@IBMMuseum.com Hi William, > Apart from the socket, it's probably very similar to: > http://greyghost.dyndns.org/mcastuff/486slc2/ Came in today. Looks like it never has been used, in all original packing. Everything included, manual, software, and even an assembly to fit in the 287 socket. Quite a bit bigger than your board. "Designed for IBM by Hypertec Research"! 486SLC2 & coprocessor socket on underside. David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

A very *PERSONAL* view of ISO 2002 COBOL for the IBM (mainframe) environment
I am updating a paper that I originally presented to SHARE (IBM user group) last summer. This paper presents my *personal* opinion and analysis of ISO 2002 COBOL features and what will (might be) viewed as "Good, Bad, and Ugly" for those working with COBOL in an IBM mainframe (mostly z/OS) environment. the latest (long) *DRAFT* of the document can be viewed in HTML format at: http://home.comcast.net/~wmklein/SHARE/S8204.htm I am definitely STILL working on adding additional items (the "New Ways of doing Old tasks" section is still "blank" and I am ab...

PL/I (aka PL/1) ISO Standard
I can't tell if those asking about the PL/1 (should be PL/I?) Standard in the preprocessor thread were talking about the macro preprocessor or the language itself. However, if anyone is actually interested in the ISO Standard for the language, please check out the web site at: http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=12907 to the best of my memory (and I could be totally wrong on this) at least the "mainframe" compiler from IBM *never* actually conformed to this Standard. (There were some pretty obscure but real incompatibles between what the ISO Standard required and what IBM users expected). I do recall that there were several "conforming" compilers on other platforms (notably Unix and I think either Unisys or HP). Unlike Fortran and COBOL, the ISO PL/I (PL/1) standardization process is now "moribund". I think you can submit interpretation request and defect reports, but there is no ongoing work to ever produce another edition of the Standard. "Bill Klein" <wmklein@noreply.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:KpuVn.496096$rq1.248525@en-nntp-02.dc1.easynews.com... |I can't tell if those asking about the PL/1 (should be PL/I?) Standard It's "PL/I". | in the preprocessor thread were talking about the macro preprocessor or the | language itself. It was clear that it was the preprocessor. | However, if anyone is actually interested in the ISO | Standa...

Options by IBM: IBM ECC-on-SIMM Memory Upgrades
Announcement Number: 195-075 Hardware Requirements: The 4BM 70ns ECC-on-SIMM Memory Upgrade (#1500, 75G6500) is supported on the following IBM platforms: Machine Description Type Model PS/2 8525 K00, K01, L02 8535 040, 043, 050, 055, 14X, 24X 8540 040, 043, 045 8556 043, 045, 055, 059, 14X, 15X, 24X, 25X Machine Description Type Model 8557 045, 049, 055, 059, 05F, 259 8590(1) 0J5, 0J9, 0JD, 0JF, 0K9, 0KD, 0KF, 0GF, 0G5, 0G9, 0HF, 0H5, 0H9, 0L9, 0LF 8595(1) 0J9, 0JD, 0JF, 0KD, 0KF, 0G5, 0G9, 0GF, 0H5, 0H9, 0HF, 0L9, 0LF, 0X6, 0XA, 0XF, 0XG 9553 0B7, 0BB, 1BX, 2BX 9556 DBA, DB6, DEB, DED, DE9, KBA, KB6, QBA, QB6, 0BA, 0B6, 1EX, 2EX 9557 DBA, DBG, DB6, DEB, DED, DEG, DE9, KBA, KBG, KB6, QBA, QB6, 0BA, 0B6, 1BA, 2BA, 6EB, 6EG, 7EB, 7EG 9576 DUA,DU6, KUA, KU6, QUA, QU6, 0UA, 0U6 9577 DNA, DNG, DUA, DUG, KNA, KNG, KUA, KUG QBA, QB6, QNA, QUA, 0NA, 0NF, 0UA, 0UF, 1NA, 1UA, 9585(1) 0X6, 0XA, 0XF, 0XG, 0KG, 0KT, 0NG, 0NT 9590(1) DLA, 0LA, QLA, KLA, 0LF, DLG, KLG 9595(1) 0LF, 0LG PC Server 8640(1) 0N0, 0NJ, 0P0, 0PT, 0Y0, 0YT, 1Y0, 1YT (1) These systems must be upgraded with sets of two 75G6500 upgrades. Limitations * Parity memory cannot coexist with the 4MB 70ns ECC-on-SIMM Memory Upgrade in the same system. * 8590, 8595, 9590, and 9595 models with native ECC (models xMx, * 1Nx, xPx, xQx, xTx, xVx) are not supported. -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

re: IBM continues PL/I support (was: IBM continues ...)
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:48:40 GMT > I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran) > were just updated, but not PL/I.. .. That doesn't mean anything. There are other languages available on AIX. It's just a specific announcement about those compilers. .. > Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats > receiving development support. .. We know you're lying, and you know you're lying. .. Peter Elderon wrote to you several months ago saying that the Windows product is supported. .. It's a current and on-going support in parallel with the z/os Enterprise compiler. .. The Enterprise compiler was developed from the workstation (Windows compiler), and is compatible with it. This is to enable the development on the PC of programs for z/os, and vice versa. The Windows VisualAge product can emulate the z/os machine, and can operate in Windows (PC) mode, thus allowing the PC product to operate directly on z/os data and to generate such data for use on z/os when required. .. > Bottom line: > There is no Windows PL/I compiler development taking place > now that IBM has apparently ceased updating Visual Age PL/I You know that you are lying. We know it too. .. > I suggest PLI'ers shud pay apt attention to my tips how to migrate > their code to Fortran and ignore Robin's FICTITIOUS FAQ .. No-one...

IBM Upgrade
Hello, I was wanting to upgrade my IBM computer. Since overclocking is out of the question, I was wondering if I could just replace the willamette CPU with a Northwood P4A or P4B that is supported by Socket 478? Please see my specs below for further info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Model : 8311KDU Chassis Type : Mini Tower Chassis Serial Number : N/A Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Workstation (Build 2600) Your Processor : Number Of Processors : 1 Type : Intel Pentium 4 Specification : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz Manufacturer Co...

Auction: IBM 10G7103 IBM 486SLC2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE 52g7796
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G7103-IBM-486SLC2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE-52g7796_W0QQitemZ110055571391QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-20-06 12:53:39 PST ...

IBM PL/I
Could somebody tell exact name (and version) of IBM product, where I can use PL/I under Windows XP? I need in compile, link and make executables for Windows. Product should be active, i.e I can buy it. The currently supported product for Windows targeted development includes both the PL/I and COBOL compilers and lots of other "stuff". Check out "WebSphere Developer for z/Series" at: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/devzseries/ It is NOT cheap, but it is supported (both for mainframe and windows targeted development) and does provide significant tools (possibly more than you might want). -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "MZN" <MikeZmn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158246139.780745.195690@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Could somebody tell exact name (and version) of IBM product, where I > can use PL/I under Windows XP? > > I need in compile, link and make executables for Windows. Product > should be active, i.e I can buy it. > "MZN" <MikeZmn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158246139.780745.195690@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Could somebody tell exact name (and version) of IBM product, where I > can use PL/I under Windows XP? > > I need in compile, link and make executables for Windows. Product > should be active, i.e I can buy it. > The PL/I situation continually deteriorates, IBM cancelled support for its Visual Age PL/I for Window...

PL/I Personal
Sorry to post a query that should really be addressed to IBM, but I have not managed to get any sense out of their customer services regarding purchasing more copies of their PL/I Personal compiler. I have found it necessary to search their website (worldwide) on the product code number (41L2880) as searches on PL/1, Personal PL/1, etc. either produce far too many hits, or none. One day last week this brought up no hits, but the next day it was back on their US Site for $113. Today it is only purchasable from IBM's Danish and Norwegian sites (in Kronor!). Tomorrow, who knows? Is there anyone here who can kick IBM hard enough to wake them up? TIA, Richard How about telling us where you're located? "Richard Dell" <richard.dell@baesystems.com> wrote in message news:4035e7c4$1@baen1673807.greenlnk.net... > Sorry to post a query that should really be addressed to IBM, but I have not > managed to get any sense out of their customer services regarding purchasing > more copies of their PL/I Personal compiler. I have found it necessary to > search their website (worldwide) on the product code number (41L2880) as > searches on PL/1, Personal PL/1, etc. either produce far too many hits, or > none. One day last week this brought up no hits, but the next day it was > back on their US Site for $113. Today it is only purchasable from IBM's > Danish and Norwegian sites (in Kronor!). Tomorrow, who knows? Is there > anyone here who ca...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2
BIN 9.99 12 available $10 shipping >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Can someone forward one to me in France please ? I don't want to do an expensive wire transfer to get one. Thanks Nicolas ...

Auction: IBM 10G7103 IBM 486SLC2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE 52g7796 #2
<http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G7103-IBM-486SLC2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE-52g7796_W0QQitemZ110061976996QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> BIN ...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2 #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem< BIN Sealed in box, includes cables. 13 available. ...

Emerge.pl
Wymie� swojego Windowsa na darmowe oprogramowanie opensource i zapomnij o wykupywaniu licencji. To naprawd� wielkie oszcz�dno�ci. Zach�camy do wsp�pracy. www.emerge.pl ...

[...]

Web resources about - ISO IBM Personal PL/I Upgrade - comp.lang.pl1

Personal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Personal (company) , a Washington, D.C.-based tech startup Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Personal Branding Blog - Dan Schawbel
The Personal Branding Blog offers branding and career advice from Dan Schawbel and his team of experts.

Demi Lovato Celebrates Personal Milestone
Demi Lovato shares the happy news that she's reached four years of sobriety! Access Hollywood News Latest TV Movies Music Personalities CBS All ...

Hopes for personal tax cuts fading
The prospect of a personal income tax cut in the May budget has diminished after Treasurer Scott Morrison said meaningful reform will have to ...

... "When used appropriately, they can be powerful tools to investigate crime," the report stated. "But the misuse of these databases for personal, ...

Cars will become 'personal companions,' Krueger says
Articles and links about car design and development, designers and artists in the automotive vertical.

Personal and Financial Scandal Follow Rubio into Tuesday Florida Vote
Personal and Financial Scandal Follow Rubio into Tuesday Florida Vote

Nearly Half of Employees Used Company Stock to Help with Personal Finances and Increase Financial Well-Being ...
Fidelity Investments survey shows employees using company stock as personal finance tool

Secret Service, FBI aware of alleged disclosure of Trump's personal info
Secret Service, FBI aware of alleged disclosure of Trump's personal info

Foxx parlays personal story, message of change to big win
Chicago Tribune Foxx parlays personal story, message of change to big win Chicago Tribune Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez and challengers ...