PL/1, CICS, DL/1

and these are a few of my favorite things.
Chuck is heaps of VSAM, a mainframe worth many millions and I produced order
entry, inventory control, data mining, insurance, banking systems and much
more.
Put out to grass and waiting for the grim reaper.

PS. still got the listing of a CICS simulator for batch testing some file
read proc;
Also is there a GNU DL/1 database engine out there?

* eddie bertoni (ex. mafia drinking team)
* email: freeserve
*
*            /////
*           (o o)
* -oOO--(_)--OOo-
* Kilroy was 'ere.

ed
7/26/2003 11:17:31 AM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

Alignment of foo[1][1][1][1]
Suppose I have type 'foo' and: sizeof (foo) == 16 alignof (foo) == 2 Suppose I have type 'foo[1][1][1][1]' and: sizeof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 16 Can: alignof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 4 ? I'd like to think not, but is it prohibited? If I do: typedef foo bar[1][1][1][1]; bar * my_bar = malloc(sizeof *bar); foo * my_foo = (foo *) my_bar; certainly 'my_bar' points to an object whose alignment satisfies type 'foo'. But what about the other way around? typedef foo bar[1][1][1][1]; foo * my_foo = malloc(sizeof *foo); bar * my_ba...

DeepForm 1.1.1
DeepForm allows an analyst to create a document (named Model) that specifies the structure and the contents of the XML document containing the corporate data. DeepForm does not requires any knowledge of the XML format by the user. The data model creation The application allows the user to compone his own model using a quick and easy interface. The analyst can create his own model by simply combining the "basic" elements of DeepForm: * fields (customizables); * tables; * sections. DeepForm allows to create new models by using parts of other models previuosly created. Every model is real a document taht can be added of notes and comments by the author without using a word processor editor. The main component is the section which together with the sub-sections allows to freely structure the data model in a gerarchic way. Every section can contain fields, tables and one or more sub-sections. DeepForm specifies the "formal" accuracy of data (syntax and type) through the automatic generation of rules written according to the international standard XML-Schema specified by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The generation is automatic and does not require any previous knowledge on the XML language. More Info: http://www.tecnate.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=82&Itemid=166 Download URL: http://www.tecnate.com/dmdocuments/DPF11_Setup_SHW.exe Screenshot URL: http://www.tecnate.com/dmdoc...

RedNotebook 1.1.1
RedNotebook 1.1.1 has been released. You can get the tarball, the Windows installer and links to distribution packages at http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/downloads.html What is RedNotebook? -------------------- RedNotebook is a **graphical journal** and diary helping you keep track of notes and thoughts. It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. RedNotebook is available in the repositories of most common Linux distributions and a Windows installer is available. What's new? ----------- * Let user delete category with 'DELETE' key (LP:608717) * Sort categories alphabetically (LP:612859) * Fix: After clicking "Change the text" on an annotation, directly edit it (LP:612861) * Fix: Journal -> _Journal in menu * Fix: Do not clear entry when category is changed in new-entry dialog * Fix: restore left divider position * Fix: Use rednotebook website for retrieving newest version information (LP:621975) * Windows: Shrink installer size * Windows: Update gtk libs * Windows: New theme * Windows: New icons * New translations: * English (United Kingdom) * Norwegian Bokmal * Many translations updated Cheers, Jendrik ...

both 1 and not-1?
Okay, maybe I'm getting too tired for tonight, but ... how can add_to_array *possibly* die with a filter violation (which it does)? Certainly, is_filtered doesn't modify $visit -- or does it? sub add_to_array{ my $self = shift; my $visit = shift; if ( not $self->is_filtered($visit) ){ if ( $self->is_filtered($visit) ){die ("FILTER VIOLATION\n");} } } sub is_filtered{ my $self = shift; my $visit = shift; while ( my ($field, $pattern) = each %{ $self->{_excludepatterns} } ){ if ( $visit->{$field} =~ $pattern){ return 1; } } return 0; } Many thanks, Michael Goerz "Michael Goerz" <news12@8439.e4ward.com> wrote in message news:4ns3s9Fbp1otU1@uni-berlin.de... > Okay, maybe I'm getting too tired for tonight, but ... how can > add_to_array *possibly* die with a filter violation (which it does)? > Certainly, is_filtered doesn't modify $visit -- or does it? > > sub add_to_array{ > my $self = shift; > my $visit = shift; > if ( not $self->is_filtered($visit) ){ > if ( $self->is_filtered($visit) ){die ("FILTER VIOLATION\n");} > } > } > > sub is_filtered{ > my $self = shift; > my $visit = shift; > while ( my ($field, $pattern) = each %{ $self->{_excludepatterns} } ){ > if ( $visit->{$field} =~ $pattern){ return 1; } > } > return 0; > } > > Many thanks...

1--1
I don't understand why this works as expected: select * from games order by 2 but this doesn't: select * from games order by 1--1 The "order by" is completely ignored. On Wednesday January 21 2015 11:44, in comp.databases.mysql, "Kiuhnm Mnhuik" <gandalf23@mail.com> wrote: > I don't understand why this works as expected: > select * > from games > order by 2 > but this doesn't: > select * > from games > order by 1--1 > The "order by" is completely ignored. No, it isn...

PL/1 Version 1.1 and z/OS support
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver 1.1? Thanks, Ron. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > I would expect it would probably *run*, baring LE incompatibalities (score one for static libraries). Hasn't EOS been announced for 1.1? Most of the incompatibilities with Enterprise PL/I have now been corrected. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > > > Thanks, > Ron. > I have used it in vendor software running in a number of shops - some quite large - and no reports of problems so far. I would expect programs compiled in it to run correctly for quite a few years to come. So, in summary: No worries! PL/I for MVS and VM still works great. Ah yes. "The last of the mainframe compilers...". The compilers written in PL/I (VisualAge and later) cannot produce a load module which can (correctly) be marked as RENT. Not a big issue for the programmer I suppose, but I do like that subpool 252 storage protection. (Actually, in my current job, I'm using OS PL/I V2R3 (with PL/I transient library ahead of the LE runtime library) on OS/390 2.8. PL/I for MVS and VM would be luxury. <sigh> DB2 V5. IMS V6. Gotta love it. <g>) Cheers, Greg ...

XHTML 1.1 spec: lang and xml:lang
Hello, I've looked at the latest XHTML spec from 2009-05-07. Referring to http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/abstract_modules.html#s_commonatts In the I18N module, there are only two attributes listed: dir and xml:lang. The note in the last paragraph says: "Finally, note that the I18N collection only contains the xml:lang attribute unless the Bi- directional Text Module module is selected." This is fine, but... http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/doctype.html says (last paragraph): "This specification also adds the lang attribute to the I18N attribute c...

Meaning of 1:1, 1:1 generalization, 1:n, 1:n non identifying, n:m
Hi All, I've been taking a look at DB Designer 4, and looking through the documentation (http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/doc/index.html) I am a little unclear on some of their nomenclature: '1:1' - Ok, one to one. Got it. '1:1 generalization' - Don't know this. Obviously different somehow from one to one, but how? '1:n' - One to many, I assume. '1:n non identifying' - Nonidentifying? What does this mean? 'n:m' - Many to many? Again, not sure. Can anyone help clarify? Thanks! -Josh Joshua Beall wrote: > I...

1.1, 1.2, 1.3 are all goners now
It seems, well, it doesn't seem but it is, well, it seems that the subject version of Workbenches won't be any more these, versions of Workbench, but versions of Amix. The Amiga's go for the Network. :-)) Have you seen that CDTV on amiga.jorg? That kind od schalametry for games, like some high tech heavily classic games will be played... Heyyyaaa!!! p.s. some piece of equipment, eh.. CD, floppy, installable HD, all, joysticks, joypads for CDTV, playing CDs and playing games. It's like you'll need a high class massive wood shelf for this, the CDs and for the - :( r...

JDK 1.3.1/1.4/1.5
How can you display JDialog without the Close on the Top Right in any of these versions(JDK 1.3.1/1.4/1.5). The only thing it displays is the close button X and I don't want that? Thank you! vnssoftware wrote: > How can you display JDialog without the Close on the Top Right in any > of these versions(JDK 1.3.1/1.4/1.5). The only thing it displays is > the close button X and I don't want that? > > Thank you! Dialog.setUndecorated() since 1.4 -- Knute Johnson email s/nospam/knute/ Molon labe... ...

ADTPro 1.1.1 Released
Some goodies for our /// friends, plus lots of movement in the UDP/ Uthernet arena. See: http://adtpro.sourceforge.net New functionality: * [Client] SOS version can use Ethernet UDP transport via the Uthernet card (http://a2retrosystems.com/) * [Client] SOS version can format media * [Server] Apple /// computers can be bootstrapped from bare metal over their built-in serial ports Bug fixes: * [Client] Occasional Ethernet "hang" during transfer * [Client] Exiting the Ethernet configuration screen via the Return key but without saving to disk caused changes to ...

[ANN]
Hi all, This is just a quick announcement to let y'all know that I've released = ptools=20 1.1.1 today. What is it? =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Power tools for the File class. Additional methods include which, = whereis,=20 head, tail, middle, wc, null, nl_convert, touch and binary?. What's new? =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D This release adds the File.null and File.binary? methods. The former = returns=20 the null device on your system The latter returns whether or not the = file in=20 question is a binary file (using a simple best-guess algorithm). Where is it? =3...

libshcodecs 1.1.1 Release
libshcodecs 1.1.1 Release ========================= libshcodecs is a library for controlling SH-Mobile hardware codecs. The [SH-Mobile][0] processor series includes a hardware video processing unit that supports MPEG-4 and H.264 encoding and decoding. libshcodecs is available under the terms of the GNU LGPL. The source archive, and more information about the library are available from: https://oss.renesas.com/modules/document/?libshcodecs New in this release =================== This is a brown paper bag release, including a missing file (display.h) and fixes for compile warnings and other cleanups. Following proper procedure, this new tarball has been generated with "make distcheck". Details ------- This release includes the following changes since version 1.1.0: Conrad Parker (3): add missing display.h to distribution fix compile warnings throughout Release 1.1.1 Phil Edworthy (1): Clean up: Remove unused symbols configure.ac | 2 +- src/libshcodecs/Version_script.in | 23 +++-------------------- src/libshcodecs/m4driverif.c | 12 +----------- src/tools/Makefile.am | 1 + src/tools/capture.c | 2 +- src/tools/display.c | 6 ++++++ src/tools/shcodecs-record.c | 4 ++-- 7 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-) [0]: http://www.renesas.com/fmwk.jsp?cnt=sh_mobile_family_landing.jsp&fp=/pr...

VMware Fusion 1.1.1 out
See: <http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/> Ian -- Ian Robinson, Belfast, UK <http://www.canicula.com/wp/> ...

ANN: pyFltk-1.1.1
We are happy to announce a new release of pyFltk, the Python bindings for FLTK. This release supports FLTK-1.1.7 and Python 2.4 and 2.5. FLTK is a lightweight cross-platform GUI toolkit with a very small footprint. pyFltk applications are very simple and intuitive, making it a good choice for small to medium applications that want to get up to speed quickly. Changes in this release include various bug fixes, improved memory management, and the fixing of several compilation issues. Also, some preliminary documentation was added, see test/preface.html. This release can be downloaded from the project home page: http://pyfltk.sourceforge.net Have fun! Andreas http://pyfltk.sourceforge.net ...

[Ann] UIHierarchy 1.1.1 is out!
Hi all, Some news of UIHierarchy, the AWT/Swing containement hierarchy helper library. -- Release 1.1.1 is out -- * What is UIHierarchy: The UIHierarchy library aims at simplifying the development of user interfaces made in AWT or Swing. It simplifies code syntax to match the mental picture of containement hierarchy, which makes it easier to develop and maintain small to complex user interfaces. License terms are Sun Public License 1.0. * Project pages: The homepage is: http://chrriis.brainlex.com/projects/uihierarchy. The SourceForge project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/uihierarchy. The Proposed dowloads are: - UIHierarchy.zip: contains the library "UIHierarchy.jar" - UIHierarchySrc.zip: contains the sources of the library, and the javadoc. You probably need the NanoXml parser to compile the XML helper class. * Documentation: Some documentation is available in the project homepage, along with examples. * Changes in Release 1.1.1: - FormLayout is supported. - Component creators to support any kind of automatic component creation. - New build construct with more enforcement using the new UIH class. - Complete rewrite of UIHierarchy to use UIH internally. - Nested arrays construct was useless, so it is removed. API gets easier. - Print was mixing "out" and "err" output streams. Now fixed. - Print could not handle null layout managers. Now fixed. - Print: package names are removed to shorten the clas...

MA(1)- GARCH (1,1)
Dear all, How do I fit MA(1) -GARCH(1,1) in SAS? Thanks Priyanka ...

XOTcl 1.1.1 available
Dear Tcl community, i am pleased to announce the general availability of XOTcl 1.1.1. Changes (mostly portability and build improvements) relative to 1.1.0 are: - Compiles out of the box for * Mac OS X (many thanks to Daniel Steffen) * freebsd 4.9 (many thanks to Marc Spitzer) - configure can run outside of xotcl-tree and can install to a different directory. Example: % mkdir -p /tmp/xotcl/unix % cd /tmp/xotcl/unix % ~/xotcl-1.1.1/unix/configure --with-all % make % make test % make install DESTDIR=/tmp - several fixes and improvements such as * added option --with-tkinclude for configure (only needed when built with optional --with-xowish) * fixes to make gdbm work when compiled with threads enabled * fix for initialization of stubtables in gdbm * fixes for HTTP support (return format of values in HTTP OPTION command made windows explorer hang) * easy provision for redirects in HTTP server best regards -gustaf neumann & uwe zdun Download is available @ http://media.wu-wien.ac.at/download.html -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] ...

ANN: Twisted 1.1.1
Twisted is an event-driven networking framework for server and client applications. For more information, visit http://www.twistedmatrix.com, join the list http://twistedmatrix.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twisted-python or visit us on #twisted at irc.freenode.net. The Twisted from Scratch tutorial is a good starting point for learning Twisted: http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/tutorial What's New in 1.1.1 =================== - Many bug fixes and minor improvements. - MSN protocol support updated to support MSN8P. - Conch SSH client now supports SSH auth agent. What is Twisted? ================ Twisted is an event-driven framework for building networked clients and servers. It contains a powerful and simple networking core, a full-featured suite of interoperable protocols, among them a powerful web server and applications framework. ...

Installing subversion 1.1.1
Ok, I just can't seem to get this to work on upgrading. cd /usr/ports/www/apache2 make clean make WITH_PROXY_MODULES=yes WITH_SSL_MODULES=yes \\ WITH_BERKELEYBD=db4 make deinstall make reinstall cd /usr/ports/devel/subversion make clean sudo make WITH_MOD_DAV_SVN="yes" WITH_PYTHON="yes" WITH_PERL="yes" Produces this error: You should build `www/apache2' with db4 support to use subversion with it. Please rebuild `www/apache2' with option `WITH_BERKELEYDB=(db4|db41|db42)' and try again. do I also have to do apr-svn as well? -- Kirk Job-Sluder "The square-jawed homunculi of Tommy Hilfinger ads make every day an existential holocaust." --Scary Go Round Kirk Job-Sluder wrote: > Ok, I just can't seem to get this to work on upgrading. > > cd /usr/ports/www/apache2 > make clean > make WITH_PROXY_MODULES=yes WITH_SSL_MODULES=yes \\ > WITH_BERKELEYBD=db4 doh! ...

hours since 1-1-1
Dear IDL users: Is there an IDL function/program that converts the unidata time unit to more readable format? For example: hours since 1-1-1 17338824 -> Jan 1 1979. Thanks, Qian qian wrote: > Dear IDL users: > > Is there an IDL function/program that converts the unidata time unit to > more readable format? > > For example: hours since 1-1-1 17338824 -> Jan 1 1979. Oh no, not hours since 1-1-1 again! That must be the silliest ever date-time origin ever invented for modern data! I mean, what calendar were they using then and why should I have to care? Anywa...

Quickeo 1.1.1.3
Quickeo is for people who want to share their digital photos, videos and music with their friends, family and community - not the whole world. Quickeo is private file-sharing with a simple email. Quickeo lets you create rich multimedia newsletters in a matter of minutes. Quickeo is the only sharing service that lets you create a rich multimedia gallery (of videos, audios, images and other files) and choose exactly who may view each gallery through email. Quickeo allows you to present your multimedia content in a newsletter or album format, with video introduction (can be captured in ...

build jdk 1.3.1 or 1.4.1 on freebsd 5.1-release :(
Hi, I'm not able to build sun java jdk 1.3.1 on FreeBSD 5.1 release, here is the error message: ===> Applying FreeBSD patches for jdk-1.3.1p8_2 ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on executable: gm4 - found ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on executable: zip - found ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on file: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so - found ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on executable: msgfmt - found ===> jdk-1.3.1p8_2 depends on file: /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/bin/javac - not found ===> Verifying install for /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/bin/javac in /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk13 ===> diablo-jdk-1.3.1.0 : Because of licensing restrictions, you must fetch the distribution manually. Please access http://www.FreeBSDFoundation.org/cgi-bin/download.cgi?package=diablo-caffe-1.3.1-0.tar.bz2 with a web browser and "Accept" the End User License Agreement for "Caffe Diablo ". Please place the downloaded diablo-caffe-1.3.1-0.tar.bz2 in /usr/ports/distfiles. ..*** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk13. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13. ----------------------------------------------------- It 's mentionned that I should download diablo-caffe-1.3.1etc... but this release is not for FreeBSD5 So I tried to install jdk 1.4.1 and here is the output: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ External File/Binary Locations: HOTSPOT_SERVER_PAT...

Web resources about - PL/1, CICS, DL/1 - comp.lang.pl1

Community Interest Company Association CIC
Community Interest Company Association CIC

CIC (Nintendo) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The constant resetting of the CPU stops the console from booting up . The program used in the NES CIC is called 10NES and was patented under ...

NoOffence! CIC (@NoOffenceCIC) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here NoOffence! CIC @ NoOffenceCIC ...

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) from CSO

CIC-Walrus International long-form competition accepting entries
The Canadian International Council and The Walrus have teamed up to present an internationally-focused long-form competition open to Canadians ...

CIC seeks balanced portfolio
CIC seeks balanced portfolio People's Daily Online ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, ...

State berths at stake when CIC baseball playoffs begin Thursday
The brief high school baseball season begins its sprint to the finish line with this week's Cook Inlet Conference tournament at Mulcahy Stadium. ...

Alibaba Open to Temasek, CIC Investment to Buy Back Yahoo
Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. founder Jack Ma said China’s biggest e-commerce provider is prepared to sell a stake to sovereign wealth firms to ...

I Want My CIC! … The Benefits for Startups to Be Co-Located
This past December I spent a week in Boston to try to get to know some of the local VC's and entrepreneurs a bit better. One of the meetings ...

New CIC President Credited with Shrewd Overseas Investments
Sovereign wealth fund Vice President Li Keping, who had success at social security fund, replaces the retiring Gao Xiqing