PL/1 for windows.

I've been using pl/1 since 1967.  The beta release. I'm trying to get a
compiler for WINXP to try it out(again).  But I don't want to pay and
arm & legs for it.

Any Ideas??

Hanz

0
hschmidt99 (27)
8/20/2007 6:52:56 PM
comp.lang.pl1 1739 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Hanz Schmidt" <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been using pl/1 since 1967.  The beta release. I'm trying to get a
> compiler for WINXP to try it out(again).  But I don't want to pay and
> arm & legs for it.
>
> Any Ideas??

Have you looked on the IBM site?

0
robin_v (2736)
8/25/2007 12:41:27 PM
IBM does not have PL/1 for windows. They had VisualAge PL/I for Windows,
but have stop support it.

Does anyone out there have it??

Thanx
Hanz

robin wrote:
> "Hanz Schmidt" <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I've been using pl/1 since 1967.  The beta release. I'm trying to get a
>>compiler for WINXP to try it out(again).  But I don't want to pay and
>>arm & legs for it.
>>
>>Any Ideas??
>

> Have you looked on the IBM site?

0
hschmidt99 (27)
9/25/2007 5:30:04 PM
Hanz Schmidt wrote in message <46F9459C.1030002@hotmail.com>...

>IBM does not have PL/1 for windows. They had VisualAge PL/I for Windows,
>but have stop support it.

The VA compiler was replaced with an updated one called Websphere PL/I,
which is available from IBM

The demo VA PLI compiler is still available.
As I said, have you looked on the IBM site?

>Thanx
>Hanz
>

>robin wrote:
>> "Hanz Schmidt" <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I've been using pl/1 since 1967.  The beta release. I'm trying to get a
>>>compiler for WINXP to try it out(again).  But I don't want to pay and
>>>arm & legs for it.
>>>
>>>Any Ideas??
>>

>> Have you looked on the IBM site?

0
robin_v (2736)
9/28/2007 2:01:41 AM
They used to have a PL/1 for Windows and OS/2.  It cost about $120.   I
was able to trade a litre of Canadian Maple Syrup for a copy from an
gentleman from the UK who now had the Visual Age Product.  It included
the compiler, linker and a language sensitive editor as well as the
Language Reference Manual, Programmers Guide, and Messages and Codes.
If it just included an assembler my life would be complete.

I have found it to be of great utility.  Don't bother asking IBM about
it, I used personal contacts within IBM to try and get a copy of it
before the copy from England became available.  If there is any regret
it is the fact that the PLISORT routines are not available but because
all of my files had unique keys I was able to use VSAM files.  1,700
lines of C became 1,100 lines of PL/1 and the resulting program had
increased functionality.

My advice is to try and locate a copy of this product, it is on a single
CD.  IF IBM isn't even going to admit to the existence of this product
they should make public domain and allow some group(s) to distribute it.

Paul

--
Paul S. Hinman - VE6LDS
long West 113 deg 27 min 20 sec

Paul Hinman wrote:
> They used to have a PL/1 for Windows and OS/2.  It cost about $120.   I

A few years ago I bought the Personal PL/I product for $119 USD via
download from the IBM web site.  It was designed for Windows NT but
could be installed on Windows XP with a few tweaks.  It works really
well for my purposes.

A few months later it disappeared from their web site.  About 1.5 years
ago I got in touch with IBM (via email or "Contact Us" from their web
site or somehow) and they called me back.  They no longer sell that
product nor do they have any plans to do so.

This was not a surprise.  Their installation procedure was poorly (and
incorrectly) documented and it didn't work -- at least on XP -- without
subsequent (undocumented) modification of the user environment.  I
interpreted their failure to modify it for XP and their poor
installation procedure documentation (and, of course, their removal of
the product from their web site) as an indication they don't plan to
continue providing a Personal PL/I product.

I've worked with other inexpensive IBM software products before; the
documentation and support were substandard -- bordering on completely
unusable.  IBM's overall reputation for quality customer service
(well-earned -- at least in the past) suggests they put most of their
effort into products with higher per-unit profit margins.  This, of
course, excludes them from the high-volume, lower profit margin market.
  I suspect this is why, although they were the dominant force in the
early years of the PC market, they have since had to give up that
product line to Lenovo.  They should learn a few things about marketing
from Microsoft.

> IF IBM isn't even going to admit to the existence of this product they should make public domain and allow some group(s) to distribute it.

I concur, but I doubt IBM agrees.  I'd prefer they just modify it so it
works on current OS versions and fix the installation procedures and
documentation -- and then sell it for the old $119 USD price (or enough
for them to make a reasonable profit), perhaps with the same caveats
Microsoft uses for products sold for academic use or through their
Company Store.  Maybe they could just license some other vendor to sell
it for them and pay royalties so IBM wouldn't have the administrative
overhead.  But I don't thing the IBM marketing department would pay much
attention to my opinions.

Bob Lidral
l i d r a l  at  a l u m  dot  m i t  dot  e d u
On Oct 14, 2:33 am, Bob Lidral <l1dralspamb...@comcast.net> wrote:
It was designed for Windows NT but
could be installed on Windows XP with a few tweaks.

Bob, could you give us theese tweaks? As I know, it should install
well under XP, but not XP SP2...

0
mikezmn (64)
10/14/2007 8:11:04 AM
MZN wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2:33 am, Bob Lidral <l1dralspamb...@comcast.net> wrote:
> It was designed for Windows NT but
> could be installed on Windows XP with a few tweaks.
>
> Bob, could you give us theese tweaks? As I know, it should install
> well under XP, but not XP SP2...

Sure.  I'm not sure how well it might install under SP2; I was running
XP SP1 when I installed it and I installed SP2 later.  BTW, after
purchasing it and asking how to install it, IBM sent email claiming it
wasn't supported on XP and offering to let me return it for a refund --
glad I decided not to return it.

0.  First, set a restore point before proceeding -- just for fun.  :-)
If, for some reason, the installation fails, use it.  This can save you
a lot of time, trouble, and effort.

1.  The name of the installation file is "CG6AFNA.exe" and not
"41L2880.exe" (as described in the original download documentation).

2.  It needs to be installed from the Administrator account -- not just
any old account with administrator privileges.  I'm not sure why that is
-- I thought an account with administrator privileges could do anything
the Administrator account could, but apparently not.

3.  In order to link programs, you need to add "C:\IBMPLIW\lib\" to your
LIB environment variable:
     set LIB=%LIB%;C:\IBMPLIW\lib\
or add it to your LIB environment variable via "My Computer" Properties
or use the "LIBS" option.

4.  You may also find it useful to add "C:\IBMPLIW\bin" to your Path
environment variable.

5.  Documentation is located in a ZIP file at:
     ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/products/pli/fixes/personal/
For some reason, IBM forgot to include it in the installation package
(sigh).

I think that's everything.  Much credit for this belongs to Adam
Godlewski: most of this information came from him, the rest from trial
and error.

Good luck.

Bob Lidral
l i d r a l  at  a l u m  dot  m i t  dot  e d u

PL/1 for Windows
Hi Hanz, Our PL/1 product only runs on Redhat and SUSE. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Justin Cannell Account Executive Micro Focus 360 828 5324 312 401 2779 mobile 503 614 1862 fax hschmidt99@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi Hanz, > > > > Our PL/1 product only runs on Redhat and SUSE. Let me know if you have > any other questions. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Justin Cannell > Account Executive > Micro Focus > Justin -- nice to see Microfocus represented here! <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:48CdnUybr7H2MsrXnZ2dnUVZ_qCdnZ2d@lhtot.com... > Hi Hanz, > > > > Our PL/1 product only runs on Redhat and SUSE. Let me know if you have > any other questions. > > Do you allow test-drives, possibly time-limited or feature limited? -- mecej4 (Subject line changed - to reflect thread drift) to comp.lang.pl1 I suggest that you check out the web page at: http://www.microfocus.com/products/OpenPLI/index.asp You may want to follow the link for "Submit a Sales Inquiry" -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "mecej4" <mecej4@_no_spam_at_operamail.com> wrote in message news:h38em4$p3e$1@news.eternal-september.org... > > <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:48CdnUybr7H2MsrXnZ2dnUVZ_qCdnZ2d@lhtot.com... >> Hi Hanz, >> >> >> >> Our PL/1 product only runs...

XHTML 1.1 spec: lang and xml:lang
Hello, I've looked at the latest XHTML spec from 2009-05-07. Referring to http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/abstract_modules.html#s_commonatts In the I18N module, there are only two attributes listed: dir and xml:lang. The note in the last paragraph says: "Finally, note that the I18N collection only contains the xml:lang attribute unless the Bi- directional Text Module module is selected." This is fine, but... http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/doctype.html says (last paragraph): "This specification also adds the lang attribute to the I18N attribute c...

ssh from windows xp (putty with kerberos) using NetIDMgr 1.1.8.0 (Kerberos for windows 3.1)
Has anyone got a version of putty to work with the Kerberos for Windows release 3.1? I'm running win xp and am able to get my kerberos 5 tokens fine (from CSAIL.MIT.EDU) in NetIDMgr, but I've tried various supposedly kerberos-aware versions of putty with no luck. Thanks. -- Greg -- Greg Sullivan gregs@csail.mit.edu (617)417-4746 (cell) ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos ...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

Personal PL/1 for Windows
Sorry if this question has come up before - I don't visit this NG very often. I was hoping to buy another license for IBM's Personal PL/1 for Windows, but it seems IBM no longer sell it. One of their resellers has had some difficulty in locating it. Does anyone know what has become of this compiler and what IBM's long term plans are for PL/1 on the desktop? TIA, Richard Am I correct that you are NOT looking for "VisualAge PL/I Enterprise" that you can purchase online from: http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=en_US&catalogId=-840&categoryId=2041647&cgmenbr=1&dualCurrId=73&langId=-1&cgrfnbr=2041647&y=12&x=9&cntrfnbr=1&storeId=1&cntry=840&scrfnbr=73 -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "Richard Dell" <rfdell@gotadsl.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f903619$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Sorry if this question has come up before - I don't visit this NG very often. > > I was hoping to buy another license for IBM's Personal PL/1 for Windows, but it > seems IBM no longer sell it. One of their resellers has had some difficulty in > locating it. Does anyone know what has become of this compiler and what IBM's > long term plans are for PL/1 on the desktop? > > TIA, Richard > > > Sorry if this question has come up before - I don't visit this NG very often. > > I was hoping to buy anothe...

Attach and PL/1 using Enterprise PL/1 Compiler V 3.3
Hallo, does anybody have a simple PL/1 sample Program which does subtasking using ATTACH-statement or using POSIX-calls? If you have, please send it to me. Thanks Gottfried ...

Reports on Linux with mono 1.1.1 and Windows .NET
What do you suggest? Thanks. ...

PL/1 Version 1.1 and z/OS support
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver 1.1? Thanks, Ron. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > I would expect it would probably *run*, baring LE incompatibalities (score one for static libraries). Hasn't EOS been announced for 1.1? Most of the incompatibilities with Enterprise PL/I have now been corrected. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > > > Thanks, > Ron. > I have used it in vendor software running in a number of shops - some quite large - and no reports of problems so far. I would expect programs compiled in it to run correctly for quite a few years to come. So, in summary: No worries! PL/I for MVS and VM still works great. Ah yes. "The last of the mainframe compilers...". The compilers written in PL/I (VisualAge and later) cannot produce a load module which can (correctly) be marked as RENT. Not a big issue for the programmer I suppose, but I do like that subpool 252 storage protection. (Actually, in my current job, I'm using OS PL/I V2R3 (with PL/I transient library ahead of the LE runtime library) on OS/390 2.8. PL/I for MVS and VM would be luxury. <sigh> DB2 V5. IMS V6. Gotta love it. <g>) Cheers, Greg ...

Gaim 1.1.1 for Windows
Hi there! I'm a frequent user of the multi-messenger client Gaim instead of MSN Messenger by the simple reason that it's easy to use, has some pretty good functions and smart plug-ins. The only real problem with it is that my account settings disappears every time I start the program. I've been trying to solve the problem by reading the FAQ on the Gaim homepage (http://gaim.sourceforge.net), which referred to '$drive\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\.gaim'. No problems; all settings was there, in a file named 'accounts.xml'. Then, I tried to close the p...

ARIA For Windows 1.1
Finally entertainment software anyone can use! Aria's simple interface lets you get into the mix right away, you don't need to pour over a complicated user's manual. it's Simple, Social, Fun and Entertaining. Aria is the ultimate media player for MAC and Windows PC's. Aria is for people who want to do more with their media. Aria features three modes: The DJ (disc jockey) MODE makes it easy to DJ and mix music. The DJ MODE is also a VJ (video jockey) MODE that enables Aria users to mix music videos too. The Aria SCRATCH MODE makes it super easy for anyone to SCRATCH ...

ARIA For Windows 1.1
Finally entertainment software anyone can use! Aria's simple interface lets you get into the mix right away, you don't need to pour over a complicated user's manual. it's Simple, Social, Fun and Entertaining. Aria is the ultimate media player for MAC and Windows PC's. Aria is for people who want to do more with their media. Aria features three modes: The DJ (disc jockey) MODE makes it easy to DJ and mix music. The DJ MODE is also a VJ (video jockey) MODE that enables Aria users to mix music videos too. The Aria SCRATCH MODE makes it super easy for anyone to SCRATCH ...

PL/1 Messages and Codes (OS/2 and Windows)

Using Eudora 6.0.1.1 in Windows 2000/XP with Application Data Redirected to Windows 2003 Server
Does anybody have any experience with using Eudora 6.0 on Windows 2000/XP machines? Per the installation guide we are using Eudora with user data stored in the Application Data folder for the user. Problems have arisen as we've migrated to Windows 2003 Server and Active Directory. Users now have roaming profiles (stored on the server) and redirected folders (My Documents and Application Data) also stored on the server. Some users also are using laptops with 'Offline Files' turned on. The problems we are seeing are... - OWNER.LOK files are not getting deleted when Eudora quits (or they are getting syncronized from the Client Side Cache to the server on log out) causing multiple instance of Eudora messages. Proceeding with "Accept the consequences" is resulting in TOC and/or MBX corruption. - We seem to be getting corruption of IN.TOC on the file server. Does Eudora support writing this file over a network connection or only to the local machines file system? Thanks for any insight. Trevor Cooper UCSD ...

S/MIME extension 1.1.3.1 [Windows 7 adjustments] released
I've just released version 1.1.3.1 of my S/MIME extension for Pegasus Mail using the built-in Crypto-API of Windows: This Version provides = mainly adjustments for using it on Windows 7 systems, the most important one = fixing the display and printing of formatted text which don't depend on modules outside of Pegasus Mail anymore. The downloads are available at: <http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_m= ail/default.aspx> Please report back to the forum with complaints and suggestions. Michael --=20 PGP Key ID (RSA 204...

[OT]Problem with Windows 1.1
Maybe off-topic, but check this one out, dudes: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.microsoft/browse_thread/thread/00f72ee54a2f111b/be843610ef99b54d#be843610ef99b54d Nikos Chantziaras wrote: > Maybe off-topic, but check this one out, dudes: > > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.microsoft/browse_thread/thread/00f72ee54a2f111b/be843610ef99b54d#be843610ef99b54d > maybe they need to bump the ram up to 512K ??? hey speaking of OT stuff... here is my laptop that can be run for 6 months continuously... without a battery charge: www.plazaearth.com/ph...

QuickVoice for Windows 2.1.1
While most computers come equipped with good microphones chances are you have not found much use for yours. QuickVoice changes that by giving you new and exciting voice recording capabilities including: a digital voice recorder, voice emailer, voice stickies creator, and digital stereo recorder. You get several great functions in one low cost software solution! QuickVoice's elegantly designed interfaces facilitate one-click operation for most features such as: recording, playback, voice emaiing and voice stickies creation. Recording is seamless and easy, simply click and speak! ...

PL/1, CICS, DL/1
and these are a few of my favorite things. Chuck is heaps of VSAM, a mainframe worth many millions and I produced order entry, inventory control, data mining, insurance, banking systems and much more. Put out to grass and waiting for the grim reaper. PS. still got the listing of a CICS simulator for batch testing some file read proc; Also is there a GNU DL/1 database engine out there? -- **************************************************** * eddie bertoni (ex. mafia drinking team) * email: freeserve * * ///// * (o o) * -oOO--(_)--OOo- * Kilroy was 'ere. **************************************************** ...

A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watches: Quality A Lange & Sohne Discount Watches
A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watches: Quality A Lange & Sohne Discount Watches Quality A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watches http://a-lange-sohne-watches.pxhelp.com/a-lange-sohne-lange-1.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Discount A Lange & Sohne Watches http://a-lange-sohne-watches.pxhelp.com/ We guarantee our A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watches and A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Luxury Watches aren't just a simple imitation. We use the same fine materials and technology that the original does. Each A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Watch produced is examined carefully by ...

A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watches: Quality A Lange & Sohne Discount Watches
A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watches: Quality A Lange & Sohne Discount Watches Quality A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watches http://a-lange-sohne-watches.pxhelp.com/a-lange-sohne-grand-lange-1.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Discount A Lange & Sohne Watches http://a-lange-sohne-watches.pxhelp.com/ We guarantee our A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watches and A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Luxury Watches aren't just a simple imitation. We use the same fine materials and technology that the original does. Each A Lange & Sohne Grand Lange 1 Watc...

Eudora 7.1 with Windows 8.1?
Does it work fine? Thanks ...

window geometry with emacs 23.1.1
Ciao, I am trying to switch from Emacs 22.3.1 to Emacs 23.1.1 under a Slackware system. I have installed version 23 from the original tarball, while version 22 is from the Slackware package. Everything works with version 22, but version 23 has a weird behaviour of geometry setting. If I set the geometry from the Xresources file or from the command line, Emacs shows the X window with the correct size at start up and while loading el files, but then it resizes itself to a big size; if I start emacs with: $ emacs --geometry 72x20 it resizes to 6023x4517, but if I start it wi...

PL/I (aka PL/1) ISO Standard
I can't tell if those asking about the PL/1 (should be PL/I?) Standard in the preprocessor thread were talking about the macro preprocessor or the language itself. However, if anyone is actually interested in the ISO Standard for the language, please check out the web site at: http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=12907 to the best of my memory (and I could be totally wrong on this) at least the "mainframe" compiler from IBM *never* actually conformed to this Standard. (There were some pretty obscure but real incompatibles between what the ISO Standard required and what IBM users expected). I do recall that there were several "conforming" compilers on other platforms (notably Unix and I think either Unisys or HP). Unlike Fortran and COBOL, the ISO PL/I (PL/1) standardization process is now "moribund". I think you can submit interpretation request and defect reports, but there is no ongoing work to ever produce another edition of the Standard. "Bill Klein" <wmklein@noreply.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:KpuVn.496096$rq1.248525@en-nntp-02.dc1.easynews.com... |I can't tell if those asking about the PL/1 (should be PL/I?) Standard It's "PL/I". | in the preprocessor thread were talking about the macro preprocessor or the | language itself. It was clear that it was the preprocessor. | However, if anyone is actually interested in the ISO | Standa...

AIX 1.3 Window (1,C)
WINDOW(1,C) AIX Commands Reference window PURPOSE Window environment. SYNTAX +--------+ +------------------+ +--------------+ window ---| +----+ |---| |---| |---| +-| -t |-+ +- -e escape-char -+ +- -c command -+ ^| -f || || -d || |+----+| +------+ Note: This command does not have MBCS support. DESCRIPTION The window command implements a window environment on ASCII terminals and PS/2s not on 3270 terminals. A window is a rectangular portion of the physical terminal screen associated with a set of processes. Its size and position can be changed by the user any time. Processes communicate with their window in the same way they normally interact with a terminal--through their standard input, output, and diagnostic file descriptors. The window program handles the details of redirecting input and output to and from the windows. At any one time, only one window can receive input from the keyboard, but all windows can simultaneously send output to the display. Windows can overlap and are framed as necessary. Each window is named by one of the digits "1" to "9". This one-character identifier, as well as a user-definable label string, are displayed with the window on the top edge of its frame. A window can be designated to be in the foreground, in which case it is always on...

libdsk 1.1.4 binary for Windows
Hi! Would anyone please be so nice and provide a binary version of libdsk for Windows 2k/XP? I guess it's a minute's work for someone used to the compilers "bugfeatures" , but I had a bad time trying to tell Borland C++ 5 to use the proper INCLUDE path and it just ignored me (Used only the include of the project itself). Copying all .h to the program source INCLUDE and all .obj and .lib correspondently helped in compiling the program, but the resulting .exe just DNGN. I also doubt more than 200 warnings are normal... I would highly appreciate a pre-compiled bi...

Web resources about - PL/1 for windows. - comp.lang.pl1

The Windows Blog

Microsoft Extends Skylake Support On Windows 7 And Windows 8.1
... As part of the announcement, going forward, the latest processors and chipsets would only be supported on the current version of Windows. As ...

Edge browser now has extensions in the latest Windows 10 preview
... Right now, installing extensions is rather clunky—when this is feature is released to end users, extensions will be included in the Windows ...

OS X and Linux threaten Windows' dominance in developer market
OS X and Linux are nowhere near as popular as Windows when we look at the PC market as a whole, but the two platforms are actually extremely ...

Microsoft is trying to change Windows software forever — here’s why it’ll be a tough fight
One of Satya Nadella's biggest initiatives is also his riskiest: The Universal Windows Platform, or UWP , a new way for Microsoft developers ...

Xbox One will run Windows 10 apps starting this summer
The Xbox Store and the Windows Store will also be merged as Microsoft tries to rev up demand for both Windows 10 and the Xbox One.

The 10 Windows group policy settings you need to get right
One of the most common methods to configure an office full of Microsoft Windows computers is with group policy. For the most part, group policies ...

Microsoft Begins Windows 10 Rollout for Windows Phone 8.1
Many, but not all, owners of older Windows smartphones can finally upgrade their handsets.