PL/1 Version 1.1 and z/OS support

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver
1.1?

Thanks,
Ron.

comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver
> 1.1?

I would expect it would probably *run*, baring LE incompatibalities
(score one for static libraries).  Hasn't EOS been announced for 1.1?
Most of the incompatibilities with Enterprise PL/I have now been corrected.

0
Peter_Flass (956)
11/5/2006 8:09:29 PM
ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver
> 1.1?
>

> Thanks,
> Ron.

I have used it in vendor software running in a number of shops - some
quite large - and no reports of problems so far.  I would expect
programs compiled in it to run correctly for quite a few years to come.

So, in summary: No worries!  PL/I for MVS and VM still works great.

Ah yes.  "The last of the mainframe compilers...".  The compilers
written in PL/I (VisualAge and later) cannot produce a load module which
can (correctly) be marked as RENT.  Not a big issue for the programmer I
suppose, but I do like that subpool 252 storage protection.

(Actually, in my current job, I'm using OS PL/I V2R3 (with PL/I
transient library ahead of the LE runtime library) on OS/390 2.8.
PL/I for MVS and VM would be luxury.

<sigh>  DB2 V5.  IMS V6.  Gotta love it.  <g>)

Cheers,
Greg
0
grogon (17)

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

Alignment of foo[1][1][1][1]
Suppose I have type 'foo' and: sizeof (foo) == 16 alignof (foo) == 2 Suppose I have type 'foo[1][1][1][1]' and: sizeof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 16 Can: alignof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 4 ? I'd like to think not, but is it prohibited? If I do: typedef foo bar[1][1][1][1]; bar * my_bar = malloc(sizeof *bar); foo * my_foo = (foo *) my_bar; certainly 'my_bar' points to an object whose alignment satisfies type 'foo'. But what about the other way around? typedef foo bar[1][1][1][1]; foo * my_foo = malloc(sizeof *foo); bar * my_ba...

DeepForm 1.1.1
DeepForm allows an analyst to create a document (named Model) that specifies the structure and the contents of the XML document containing the corporate data. DeepForm does not requires any knowledge of the XML format by the user. The data model creation The application allows the user to compone his own model using a quick and easy interface. The analyst can create his own model by simply combining the "basic" elements of DeepForm: * fields (customizables); * tables; * sections. DeepForm allows to create new models by using parts of other models previuosly created. Every model is real a document taht can be added of notes and comments by the author without using a word processor editor. The main component is the section which together with the sub-sections allows to freely structure the data model in a gerarchic way. Every section can contain fields, tables and one or more sub-sections. DeepForm specifies the "formal" accuracy of data (syntax and type) through the automatic generation of rules written according to the international standard XML-Schema specified by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The generation is automatic and does not require any previous knowledge on the XML language. More Info: http://www.tecnate.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=82&Itemid=166 Download URL: http://www.tecnate.com/dmdocuments/DPF11_Setup_SHW.exe Screenshot URL: http://www.tecnate.com/dmdoc...

RedNotebook 1.1.1
RedNotebook 1.1.1 has been released. You can get the tarball, the Windows installer and links to distribution packages at http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/downloads.html What is RedNotebook? -------------------- RedNotebook is a **graphical journal** and diary helping you keep track of notes and thoughts. It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. RedNotebook is available in the repositories of most common Linux distributions and a Windows installer is available. What's new? ----------- * Let user delete category with 'DELETE' key (LP:608717) * Sort categories alphabetically (LP:612859) * Fix: After clicking "Change the text" on an annotation, directly edit it (LP:612861) * Fix: Journal -> _Journal in menu * Fix: Do not clear entry when category is changed in new-entry dialog * Fix: restore left divider position * Fix: Use rednotebook website for retrieving newest version information (LP:621975) * Windows: Shrink installer size * Windows: Update gtk libs * Windows: New theme * Windows: New icons * New translations: * English (United Kingdom) * Norwegian Bokmal * Many translations updated Cheers, Jendrik ...

PROVABLEPRIME Version 1.1.1 released
PROVABLEPRIME Version 1.1.1 has been released: http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/7234475/1/. It is a minor new version, containing modifications of code lines of Example 3 such that it can encrypt either a plaintext string or a byte sequence. M. K. Shen On 11/23/2014 8:33 AM, Mok-Kong Shen wrote: > > PROVABLEPRIME Version 1.1.1 has been released: > http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/7234475/1/. > It is a minor new version, containing modifications of code lines > of Example 3 such that it can encrypt either a plaintext string or > a byte sequence. &...

PROVABLEPRIME Version 1.1.1 released
PROVABLEPRIME Version 1.1.1 has been released http://s13.zetaboards.com/Crypto/topic/7234475/1/. It is a minor new version, containing modifications of code lines of Example 3 such that it can encrypt either a plaintext string or a byte sequence. M. K. Shen A minor new Version 1.1.2 of PROVABLEPRIME has been released, with improvement of a function used in the illustrative Example 3 and 4. M. K. Shen ...

PROVABLEPRIME Version 1.1.1 released
PROVABLEPRIME Version 1.1.1 has been released. It is a minor new version, containing modifications of code lines of Example 3 such that it can encrypt either a plaintext string or a byte sequence. M. K. Shen A minor new Version 1.1.2 of PROVABLEPRIME has been released, with improvement of a function used in the illustrative Example 3 and 4. M. K. Shen ...

FLAC 1.1.1 on OS/2
Did anybody succeed in building a correctly working FLAC on OS/2? The distribution page claims that OS/2 build is supported, but actually it is not even close to be supported... Fixing "obvious flaws", I can make the test scripts run, but they show subtle (?) corruption of the sound. Typical errors are like simple iterator on writable file creating APPLICATION block creating PADDING block is writable = 1 [S]VP try to write over STREAMINFO block... FLAC__metadata_simple_iterator_set_block() returned false like it should [S]VP next...

IBM_DB version 1.0.5 supports ruby-1.9.1
Hi All, New version (1.0.5) of ibm_db Rails Adapter/driver for IBM dataservers is now available. This release of gem provides support for ruby-1.9.1. With this support for 1.9.1 the ibm_db gem works fine as a ASCII driver, with unicode support to follow in the coming releases. This release also provides support for SQLRowcount feature in the driver. This release contains fix for the bugs raised, whose details can be found in the change log. Go through the section below for selecting the right packages for your respective environments. Selection of packages: - Unix/Linux/MacOS platforms:...

1--1
I don't understand why this works as expected: select * from games order by 2 but this doesn't: select * from games order by 1--1 The "order by" is completely ignored. On Wednesday January 21 2015 11:44, in comp.databases.mysql, "Kiuhnm Mnhuik" <gandalf23@mail.com> wrote: > I don't understand why this works as expected: > select * > from games > order by 2 > but this doesn't: > select * > from games > order by 1--1 > The "order by" is completely ignored. No, it isn...

both 1 and not-1?
Okay, maybe I'm getting too tired for tonight, but ... how can add_to_array *possibly* die with a filter violation (which it does)? Certainly, is_filtered doesn't modify $visit -- or does it? sub add_to_array{ my $self = shift; my $visit = shift; if ( not $self->is_filtered($visit) ){ if ( $self->is_filtered($visit) ){die ("FILTER VIOLATION\n");} } } sub is_filtered{ my $self = shift; my $visit = shift; while ( my ($field, $pattern) = each %{ $self->{_excludepatterns} } ){ if ( $visit->{$field} =~ $pattern){ return 1; } } return 0; } Many thanks, Michael Goerz "Michael Goerz" <news12@8439.e4ward.com> wrote in message news:4ns3s9Fbp1otU1@uni-berlin.de... > Okay, maybe I'm getting too tired for tonight, but ... how can > add_to_array *possibly* die with a filter violation (which it does)? > Certainly, is_filtered doesn't modify $visit -- or does it? > > sub add_to_array{ > my $self = shift; > my $visit = shift; > if ( not $self->is_filtered($visit) ){ > if ( $self->is_filtered($visit) ){die ("FILTER VIOLATION\n");} > } > } > > sub is_filtered{ > my $self = shift; > my $visit = shift; > while ( my ($field, $pattern) = each %{ $self->{_excludepatterns} } ){ > if ( $visit->{$field} =~ $pattern){ return 1; } > } > return 0; > } > > Many thanks...

opengl version 1.1 or 1.5.3??
I'm having some problems implementing a skybox. Before I can ask about that, I need to figure out what is going wrong with my OpenGL installation. I'm trying to use an OpenGL feature present in version 1.2 and later ( GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE - trying to get rid of skybox texture seams ). I'm getting compile errors which leads me to believe I have problems with my OpenGL installation since the following C statement, version=glGetString(GL_VERSION); returns the string "1.5.3" but a global search of all GL.h include files only brings up include files for version 1.1 . ...

SW: Domination version 1.1.1.2
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++ From: martinDESPAM@DESPAMos2world.com Domination version 1.1.1.2 has been released (11/18/2012). This is a Java version of the game Risk. http://domination.sourceforge.net/ Source: OS/2 Warp News and Rumors Links: * http://www.os2bbs.com/OS2News/ ...

Meaning of 1:1, 1:1 generalization, 1:n, 1:n non identifying, n:m
Hi All, I've been taking a look at DB Designer 4, and looking through the documentation (http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/doc/index.html) I am a little unclear on some of their nomenclature: '1:1' - Ok, one to one. Got it. '1:1 generalization' - Don't know this. Obviously different somehow from one to one, but how? '1:n' - One to many, I assume. '1:n non identifying' - Nonidentifying? What does this mean? 'n:m' - Many to many? Again, not sure. Can anyone help clarify? Thanks! -Josh Joshua Beall wrote: > I...

1.1, 1.2, 1.3 are all goners now
It seems, well, it doesn't seem but it is, well, it seems that the subject version of Workbenches won't be any more these, versions of Workbench, but versions of Amix. The Amiga's go for the Network. :-)) Have you seen that CDTV on amiga.jorg? That kind od schalametry for games, like some high tech heavily classic games will be played... Heyyyaaa!!! p.s. some piece of equipment, eh.. CD, floppy, installable HD, all, joysticks, joypads for CDTV, playing CDs and playing games. It's like you'll need a high class massive wood shelf for this, the CDs and for the - :( r...

JDK 1.3.1/1.4/1.5
How can you display JDialog without the Close on the Top Right in any of these versions(JDK 1.3.1/1.4/1.5). The only thing it displays is the close button X and I don't want that? Thank you! vnssoftware wrote: > How can you display JDialog without the Close on the Top Right in any > of these versions(JDK 1.3.1/1.4/1.5). The only thing it displays is > the close button X and I don't want that? > > Thank you! Dialog.setUndecorated() since 1.4 -- Knute Johnson email s/nospam/knute/ Molon labe... ...

[ANN]
Hi all, This is just a quick announcement to let y'all know that I've released = ptools=20 1.1.1 today. What is it? =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Power tools for the File class. Additional methods include which, = whereis,=20 head, tail, middle, wc, null, nl_convert, touch and binary?. What's new? =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D This release adds the File.null and File.binary? methods. The former = returns=20 the null device on your system The latter returns whether or not the = file in=20 question is a binary file (using a simple best-guess algorithm). Where is it? =3...

XOTcl 1.1.1 available
Dear Tcl community, i am pleased to announce the general availability of XOTcl 1.1.1. Changes (mostly portability and build improvements) relative to 1.1.0 are: - Compiles out of the box for * Mac OS X (many thanks to Daniel Steffen) * freebsd 4.9 (many thanks to Marc Spitzer) - configure can run outside of xotcl-tree and can install to a different directory. Example: % mkdir -p /tmp/xotcl/unix % cd /tmp/xotcl/unix % ~/xotcl-1.1.1/unix/configure --with-all % make % make test % make install DESTDIR=/tmp - several fixes and improvements such as * added option --with-tkinclude for configure (only needed when built with optional --with-xowish) * fixes to make gdbm work when compiled with threads enabled * fix for initialization of stubtables in gdbm * fixes for HTTP support (return format of values in HTTP OPTION command made windows explorer hang) * easy provision for redirects in HTTP server best regards -gustaf neumann & uwe zdun Download is available @ http://media.wu-wien.ac.at/download.html -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] ...

hours since 1-1-1
Dear IDL users: Is there an IDL function/program that converts the unidata time unit to more readable format? For example: hours since 1-1-1 17338824 -> Jan 1 1979. Thanks, Qian qian wrote: > Dear IDL users: > > Is there an IDL function/program that converts the unidata time unit to > more readable format? > > For example: hours since 1-1-1 17338824 -> Jan 1 1979. Oh no, not hours since 1-1-1 again! That must be the silliest ever date-time origin ever invented for modern data! I mean, what calendar were they using then and why should I have to care? Anywa...

ANN: pyFltk-1.1.1
We are happy to announce a new release of pyFltk, the Python bindings for FLTK. This release supports FLTK-1.1.7 and Python 2.4 and 2.5. FLTK is a lightweight cross-platform GUI toolkit with a very small footprint. pyFltk applications are very simple and intuitive, making it a good choice for small to medium applications that want to get up to speed quickly. Changes in this release include various bug fixes, improved memory management, and the fixing of several compilation issues. Also, some preliminary documentation was added, see test/preface.html. This release can be downloaded from the project home page: http://pyfltk.sourceforge.net Have fun! Andreas http://pyfltk.sourceforge.net ...

Installing subversion 1.1.1
Ok, I just can't seem to get this to work on upgrading. cd /usr/ports/www/apache2 make clean make WITH_PROXY_MODULES=yes WITH_SSL_MODULES=yes \\ WITH_BERKELEYBD=db4 make deinstall make reinstall cd /usr/ports/devel/subversion make clean sudo make WITH_MOD_DAV_SVN="yes" WITH_PYTHON="yes" WITH_PERL="yes" Produces this error: You should build `www/apache2' with db4 support to use subversion with it. Please rebuild `www/apache2' with option `WITH_BERKELEYDB=(db4|db41|db42)' and try again. do I also have to do apr-svn as well? -- Kirk Job-Sluder "The square-jawed homunculi of Tommy Hilfinger ads make every day an existential holocaust." --Scary Go Round Kirk Job-Sluder wrote: > Ok, I just can't seem to get this to work on upgrading. > > cd /usr/ports/www/apache2 > make clean > make WITH_PROXY_MODULES=yes WITH_SSL_MODULES=yes \\ > WITH_BERKELEYBD=db4 doh! ...

libshcodecs 1.1.1 Release
libshcodecs 1.1.1 Release ========================= libshcodecs is a library for controlling SH-Mobile hardware codecs. The [SH-Mobile][0] processor series includes a hardware video processing unit that supports MPEG-4 and H.264 encoding and decoding. libshcodecs is available under the terms of the GNU LGPL. The source archive, and more information about the library are available from: https://oss.renesas.com/modules/document/?libshcodecs New in this release =================== This is a brown paper bag release, including a missing file (display.h) and fixes for compile warnings and other cleanups. Following proper procedure, this new tarball has been generated with "make distcheck". Details ------- This release includes the following changes since version 1.1.0: Conrad Parker (3): add missing display.h to distribution fix compile warnings throughout Release 1.1.1 Phil Edworthy (1): Clean up: Remove unused symbols configure.ac | 2 +- src/libshcodecs/Version_script.in | 23 +++-------------------- src/libshcodecs/m4driverif.c | 12 +----------- src/tools/Makefile.am | 1 + src/tools/capture.c | 2 +- src/tools/display.c | 6 ++++++ src/tools/shcodecs-record.c | 4 ++-- 7 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-) [0]: http://www.renesas.com/fmwk.jsp?cnt=sh_mobile_family_landing.jsp&fp=/pr...

[Ann] UIHierarchy 1.1.1 is out!
Hi all, Some news of UIHierarchy, the AWT/Swing containement hierarchy helper library. -- Release 1.1.1 is out -- * What is UIHierarchy: The UIHierarchy library aims at simplifying the development of user interfaces made in AWT or Swing. It simplifies code syntax to match the mental picture of containement hierarchy, which makes it easier to develop and maintain small to complex user interfaces. License terms are Sun Public License 1.0. * Project pages: The homepage is: http://chrriis.brainlex.com/projects/uihierarchy. The SourceForge project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/uihierarchy. The Proposed dowloads are: - UIHierarchy.zip: contains the library "UIHierarchy.jar" - UIHierarchySrc.zip: contains the sources of the library, and the javadoc. You probably need the NanoXml parser to compile the XML helper class. * Documentation: Some documentation is available in the project homepage, along with examples. * Changes in Release 1.1.1: - FormLayout is supported. - Component creators to support any kind of automatic component creation. - New build construct with more enforcement using the new UIH class. - Complete rewrite of UIHierarchy to use UIH internally. - Nested arrays construct was useless, so it is removed. API gets easier. - Print was mixing "out" and "err" output streams. Now fixed. - Print could not handle null layout managers. Now fixed. - Print: package names are removed to shorten the clas...

ANN: Twisted 1.1.1
Twisted is an event-driven networking framework for server and client applications. For more information, visit http://www.twistedmatrix.com, join the list http://twistedmatrix.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/twisted-python or visit us on #twisted at irc.freenode.net. The Twisted from Scratch tutorial is a good starting point for learning Twisted: http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/tutorial What's New in 1.1.1 =================== - Many bug fixes and minor improvements. - MSN protocol support updated to support MSN8P. - Conch SSH client now supports SSH auth agent. What is Twisted? ================ Twisted is an event-driven framework for building networked clients and servers. It contains a powerful and simple networking core, a full-featured suite of interoperable protocols, among them a powerful web server and applications framework. ...

Web resources about - PL/1 Version 1.1 and z/OS support - comp.lang.pl1

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of March 2014, Android 4.x Jelly Bean is the most widely used Android version, operating ...

Perth youth worker launches WA Facebook version of Humans of New York
In another place and another time, Pavitra&nbsp;Aran might have found herself in Australia as a refugee -&nbsp;which has proved part of the motivation ...

Scanner Pro for iOS updated to version 7 w/ text recognition, workflows, more
Scanner Pro for iOS has today received a hefty update. The latest update brings the app to version 7 and includes a host of new features, including ...

Porsche is planning a hybrid version of the 911
Filed under: Green , Porsche , Convertible , Coupe , Future , Hybrid , Performance We've previously reported that Porsche thinks the 911 is a ...

Twitter drops TweetDeck for Windows, but Mac version is safe
... has announced that it will soon drop support for the program, leaving fans with just the web app at their disposal. However, the Mac version ...

World’s most popular version of Android is finally less than two years old
... update to the general public. Now, more than 16 months later, Lollipop has surpassed Android 4.4 KitKat to become the most widely used version ...

This man created a real-life version of the floating house from "Up" with 600 balloons, and it's getting ...
Cameron Balloons pilot Simon Askey has been making waves over the internet this week thanks to his whimsical hot air balloon that looks exactly ...

Hitman deal: Take a 25 percent hit on the PC version for release week
... PC digital copy with the code listed below. It'll run through March 14 (a few days after release) and cuts the Hitman - Full Experience version ...

Tidal extends free trial for the updated version of Kanye's album
By now you've likely heard all about how Kanye West's The Life of Pablo will always be a Tidal exclusive. When the album first dropped, West ...

PS Vita Version Of 'I Am Setsuna' May Come Westward If Fans Want It
... on PS4 and PC in the West, the absence of a Vita release did not go unnoticed. However, it seems Square Enix might consider bringing that version ...