PL/I (aka PL/1) ISO Standard

I can't tell if those asking about the PL/1 (should be PL/I?) Standard in
the preprocessor thread were talking about the macro preprocessor or the
language itself. However, if anyone is actually interested in the ISO
Standard for the language, please check out the web site at:

http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=12907

to the best of my memory (and I could be totally wrong on this) at least the
"mainframe" compiler from IBM *never* actually conformed to this Standard.
(There were some pretty obscure but real incompatibles between what the ISO
Standard required and what IBM users expected).

I do recall that there were several "conforming" compilers on other
platforms (notably Unix and I think either Unisys or HP).

Unlike Fortran and COBOL, the ISO PL/I (PL/1) standardization process is now
"moribund". I think you can submit interpretation request and defect
reports, but there is no ongoing work to ever produce another edition of the
Standard.

0
wmklein1 (150)
6/26/2010 9:36:42 PM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Bill Klein" <wmklein@noreply.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
|I can't tell if those asking about the PL/1 (should be PL/I?) Standard

It's "PL/I".

| in the preprocessor thread were talking about the macro preprocessor or the
| language itself.

It was clear that it was the preprocessor.

| However, if anyone is actually interested in the ISO
| Standard for the language, please check out the web site at:
|
| http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=12907
|
| to the best of my memory (and I could be totally wrong on this) at least the
| "mainframe" compiler from IBM *never* actually conformed to this Standard.

There have been more than several IBM PL/I compilers for IBM's mainframe.
These include PL/I-F, Checkout compiler, Optimising compiler,
VisualAge, Enterprise, Websphere, etc etc, not to mention the D-level subset.

Current options include one for conformance with the standard.
OTOMH I don't recall how far this goes back.

And as for "never", PL/I-F preceded the standard by a decade or more,
so the remark about "never" conforming is pretty much irrelevant.

| (There were some pretty obscure but real incompatibles between what the ISO
| Standard required and what IBM users expected).

| I do recall that there were several "conforming" compilers on other
| platforms (notably Unix and I think either Unisys or HP).

Including IBM mainframe and the PC from the first implementation
in 1994.

| Unlike Fortran and COBOL, the ISO PL/I (PL/1) standardization process is now
| "moribund". I think you can submit interpretation request and defect
| reports, but there is no ongoing work to ever produce another edition of the
| Standard.

0
robin51 (256)
6/27/2010 12:53:29 AM
Robin,
   Can you point me to reference indicating that the current (or any recent)
IBM mainframe Pl/I compiler conforms to the ISO 1992 Standard (referenced
specifically in my note)?   The information that I found at:
   http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ibm3lr80/1.3

only references the 1987 ANSI Standard.  (I think that there was also an ISO
Standard of that vintage, but the 1992 Standard definitely included
changes).

Aslo, you explicitly stated,
   " Current options include one for conformance with the standard."

I checked the bookshelf at:
   http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/Shelves/IBMSH380

and couldn't find information on what option you were refering to.  Can you
provide that information and/or a reference to it?

* * * * * *

Just to be clear, I fully agree with the fact that IBM had implementations
VEFORE there were ISO (or ANSI) Standards for PL/I (or PL/1).  My "neverr"
statement was indended to state that IBM has not, since it was introduced,
ever fuly supported the CURRENT ISO Standard (the one for which I provided
the link).  If you can provide evidecene of any current (or past) IBM PL/I
compiler available for MVS, OS/390, or z/OS that does conform to
  "ISO/IEC 6522:1992
    Information technology -- Programming languages -- PL/1 general purpose
subset"

I would be interested in knowing which compiler and versiona/release it is
and with which compiler options.

"robin" <robin51@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
> "Bill Klein" <wmklein@noreply.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> |I can't tell if those asking about the PL/1 (should be PL/I?) Standard
>
> It's "PL/I".
>
> | in the preprocessor thread were talking about the macro preprocessor or
> the
> | language itself.
>
> It was clear that it was the preprocessor.
>
> | However, if anyone is actually interested in the ISO
> | Standard for the language, please check out the web site at:
> |

> http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=12907
> |
> | to the best of my memory (and I could be totally wrong on this) at least
> the
> | "mainframe" compiler from IBM *never* actually conformed to this
> Standard.
>
> There have been more than several IBM PL/I compilers for IBM's mainframe.
> These include PL/I-F, Checkout compiler, Optimising compiler,
> VisualAge, Enterprise, Websphere, etc etc, not to mention the D-level
> subset.
>
> Current options include one for conformance with the standard.
> OTOMH I don't recall how far this goes back.
>
> And as for "never", PL/I-F preceded the standard by a decade or more,
> so the remark about "never" conforming is pretty much irrelevant.
>
> | (There were some pretty obscure but real incompatibles between what the
> ISO
> | Standard required and what IBM users expected).
>
> | I do recall that there were several "conforming" compilers on other
> | platforms (notably Unix and I think either Unisys or HP).
>
> Including IBM mainframe and the PC from the first implementation
> in 1994.
>
> | Unlike Fortran and COBOL, the ISO PL/I (PL/1) standardization process is
> now
> | "moribund". I think you can submit interpretation request and defect
> | reports, but there is no ongoing work to ever produce another edition of
> the
> | Standard.

0
wmklein1 (150)
6/27/2010 1:16:08 AM
Bill Klein wrote:
> [...]
>> OTOMH I don't recall how far this goes back.
>>
>> And as for "never", PL/I-F preceded the standard by a decade or more,
>> so the remark about "never" conforming is pretty much irrelevant.
>>
>> | (There were some pretty obscure but real incompatibles between what the
>> ISO
>> | Standard required and what IBM users expected).
>>
>> | I do recall that there were several "conforming" compilers on other
>> | platforms (notably Unix and I think either Unisys or HP).
>>
>> Including IBM mainframe and the PC from the first implementation
>> in 1994.
>>
>> | Unlike Fortran and COBOL, the ISO PL/I (PL/1) standardization process is
>> now
>> | "moribund". I think you can submit interpretation request and defect
>> | reports, but there is no ongoing work to ever produce another edition of

Not complete conformance.  There are several options that tweak various
features to be more conformant.  For example, there's an option to have
various builtins return FIXED BINARY(31) [per the standard] rather than
FIXED BINARY(15) [for compatibility with other IBM compilers].

I looked at the link for the standard.  $308 for a PDF??? Are they
insane???  I paid a bundle for the ANSI standard PDF a while ago, but it
was certainly less than $100, then recently I got a hardcopy on EBay for
(IIRC) $10.  Could you give a short list of the differences?  The 1987
standard just endorses the ANSI standard.  I'd assume the 1987 standard
includes various features from Subset G, such as SELECT, e.g.
0
Peter_Flass (956)
6/27/2010 11:26:09 AM
| Aslo, you explicitly stated,
|   " Current options include one for conformance with the standard."

The RULES option.

0
robin51 (256)
6/27/2010 3:39:22 PM
robin wrote:
> "Bill Klein" <wmklein@noreply.ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> | Aslo, you explicitly stated,
> |   " Current options include one for conformance with the standard."
>
> The RULES option.

At least for Personal PL/I for OS/2, the RULES option includes IBM, ANS, and either LAX or NOLAX
DCL, IF, and QUAL. No mention of an ISO standard.
0
jjw (608)
6/28/2010 4:53:06 AM
In <tDxVn.782815$FK3.517741@en-nntp-06.dc1.easynews.com>, on
06/26/2010
   at 08:16 PM, "Bill Klein" <wmklein@noreply.ix.netcom.com> said:

>1987 ANSI Standard

That's for Subset G; I wouldn't expect IBM to consider it relevant.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT  <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.  Reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

0
spamtrap16 (3722)
7/1/2010 11:46:43 AM
"Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" <spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote in message
| In <tDxVn.782815$FK3.517741@en-nntp-06.dc1.easynews.com>, on
| 06/26/2010
|   at 08:16 PM, "Bill Klein" <wmklein@noreply.ix.netcom.com> said:
|
| >1987 ANSI Standard
|
| That's for Subset G; I wouldn't expect IBM to consider it relevant.

Well, IBM did -- in point of fact -- use the 1987 standard.

0
robin51 (256)

Attach and PL/1 using Enterprise PL/1 Compiler V 3.3
Hallo, does anybody have a simple PL/1 sample Program which does subtasking using ATTACH-statement or using POSIX-calls? If you have, please send it to me. Thanks Gottfried ...

PL/1 Version 1.1 and z/OS support
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver 1.1? Thanks, Ron. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > I would expect it would probably *run*, baring LE incompatibalities (score one for static libraries). Hasn't EOS been announced for 1.1? Most of the incompatibilities with Enterprise PL/I have now been corrected. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > > > Thanks, > Ron. > I have used it in vendor software running in a number of shops - some quite large - and no reports of problems so far. I would expect programs compiled in it to run correctly for quite a few years to come. So, in summary: No worries! PL/I for MVS and VM still works great. Ah yes. "The last of the mainframe compilers...". The compilers written in PL/I (VisualAge and later) cannot produce a load module which can (correctly) be marked as RENT. Not a big issue for the programmer I suppose, but I do like that subpool 252 storage protection. (Actually, in my current job, I'm using OS PL/I V2R3 (with PL/I transient library ahead of the LE runtime library) on OS/390 2.8. PL/I for MVS and VM would be luxury. <sigh> DB2 V5. IMS V6. Gotta love it. <g>) Cheers, Greg ...

Re: PL/I ON statement (was: PL/I)
From: "Mark Yudkin" <myudkinATcompuserveDOTcom@boing.org>, CompuServe Interactive Services Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:55:48 +0100 .. | Important correction inline. .. I know that. I was referring to the case when the current procedure has been called by another. I was not clear. .. More than one ON statement can be executed in a given procedure (for the same condition), in which case the new ON-unit merely supplants the previous one. .. | "robin" <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:OUYId.131519$K7.53859@news-server.bigpond.net.au... | > Subject: Re: PL/I ON Statement (was: PL/I) | > From: "Tom Linden" <tom@kednos.com>, Kednos | > Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:25:07 -0800 | > | On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:35:18 GMT, Peter Flass <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com> wrote: | > | > Right, but only if the statement was executed, that is, the bit | > | > 'print_debug_info' had been set before executing this construct (again, | > | > so I think, I'll have to test it.) The idea is to easily control the | > | > action for ERROR, in this case the generation of debug output, at run | > | > time. | > | | > | I think a test is in order. | > | When the compiler encounters the ON stmnt | > | it knows nothing of the the IF statement, | > | > ON is an executable statement. | > It is perfectly at home in an IF statement. Or a DO loop. Or wherever. | > In this case, it i...

PL/1
Is there a PL/1 for UBUNTU-9.04 (Linux)?? Hanz hschmidt99@hotmail.com writes: > Is there a PL/1 for UBUNTU-9.04 (Linux)?? The main option I am aware of is Micro Focus Open PL/I: <http://www.microfocus.com/products/OpenPLI/index.asp> They evidently support SuSE and Red Hat as platforms, and do not list Ubuntu. -- select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ca.afilias.info'; <http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/> Christopher Browne (416) 673-4124 (land) "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock phasers on the Heffalump, Piglet, meet me in transporter room three" ...

PL/1, CICS, DL/1
and these are a few of my favorite things. Chuck is heaps of VSAM, a mainframe worth many millions and I produced order entry, inventory control, data mining, insurance, banking systems and much more. Put out to grass and waiting for the grim reaper. PS. still got the listing of a CICS simulator for batch testing some file read proc; Also is there a GNU DL/1 database engine out there? -- **************************************************** * eddie bertoni (ex. mafia drinking team) * email: freeserve * * ///// * (o o) * -oOO--(_)--OOo- * Kilroy was 'ere. **************************************************** ...

Pl=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=FC?=cker reconstruction
I have a picture in 2D. In this picture, there is lines which i want to build in 3D. I have the coordonnees of the lines, ex: l=[a,b,c]' To buildt this line in 3D, i want to use the Pl�cker reconstruction with matlab. Someone can help me? Thanks, chris ...

Re: PL/I EXCEPTIONS (was: PL/I)
From: Peter Flass <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com>, Road Runner Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:18:55 GMT .. | Well, it never occurred to me either, until I wrote it. I'm not sure | it would work, although it seems valid. Actually, now that I've written | it I've thought of some uses, for example: | IF print_debug_info THEN DO; | ON ERROR PUT DATA; | END; | at the beginning of a program, so the user can control, maybe by a | run-time option, how errors are to be handled. .. You mean :- .. IF print_debug_info THEN DO; ON ERROR BEGIN; ON ERROR SYSTEM; PUT DATA; END; END; Yeah, that. robin wrote: > From: Peter Flass <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com>, Road Runner > Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:18:55 GMT > . > | Well, it never occurred to me either, until I wrote it. I'm not sure > | it would work, although it seems valid. Actually, now that I've written > | it I've thought of some uses, for example: > | IF print_debug_info THEN DO; > | ON ERROR PUT DATA; > | END; > | at the beginning of a program, so the user can control, maybe by a > | run-time option, how errors are to be handled. > . > You mean :- > . > IF print_debug_info THEN DO; > ON ERROR BEGIN; ON ERROR SYSTEM; PUT DATA; END; > END; ...

SATA-IO reveals SATA Express, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=B5SSD_interface_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?standards?=
http://www.sata-io.org/documents/SATA-Express-Press-Release.pdf -- MFB ...

[Uniface-L] =?iso-8859-1?q?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!_WAREZ_4_SALE_!!!?= =?iso-8859-1?q?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!__________________________________?= =?iso-8859-1?q?_________________________________________________
Software for sale. Huge Selection. 10 Euros/CD. Worldwide shipping. Windows, Mac, and Linux. The very latest software, stock video/photo, etc. Contact David for details: david007@worldnewstonight.net � 6]Z2k0pwKx2(GBi5_RK_#=aL\,#UX7Zcq_<KLIRz,9m*)DJOAl -y^?Cf>F]X:Q$$RawNoLu;g;NDcFmQdng"?YfhxH?quS^&4"XP ...

ANN: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Einf=FChrung_in_die_Programmierung_m?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?it_Python_=281_German_ShowMeDo_video=2C_3_m?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?inutes=29?=
Summary: Lucas Holland and Marius Meinert have created the first video in a forthcoming series introducing Python Programming. The video is in German (speech and text), it would be hard for a non-German speaker to follow. This is the first in a planned series of 6 videos: http://showmedo.com/videos/video?name=pythonHollandIntroToPython1_german&fromSeriesID=44 German video description: "Diese erste Episode einer ganzen Reihe von ShowMeDos zeigt grundlegende Konzepte der Programmierung auf." About ShowMeDo.com: Free videos (we call them ShowMeDos) showing you how to do things. The videos are made by us and our users, for everyone. 56 of our 122 videos are for Python, with more to come. We'd love to have more contributions - would you share what you know? The founders, Ian Ozsvald, Kyran Dale http://ShowMeDo.com ...

PL/1 for windows.
I've been using pl/1 since 1967. The beta release. I'm trying to get a compiler for WINXP to try it out(again). But I don't want to pay and arm & legs for it. Any Ideas?? Hanz "Hanz Schmidt" <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:RfmdnWofk7ScflTbnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@neonova.net... > I've been using pl/1 since 1967. The beta release. I'm trying to get a > compiler for WINXP to try it out(again). But I don't want to pay and > arm & legs for it. > > Any Ideas?? Have you looked on the IBM site? IBM does not have PL/1 for windows. They had VisualAge PL/I for Windows, but have stop support it. Does anyone out there have it?? Thanx Hanz robin wrote: > "Hanz Schmidt" <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:RfmdnWofk7ScflTbnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@neonova.net... > >>I've been using pl/1 since 1967. The beta release. I'm trying to get a >>compiler for WINXP to try it out(again). But I don't want to pay and >>arm & legs for it. >> >>Any Ideas?? > > > Have you looked on the IBM site? > > Hanz Schmidt wrote in message <46F9459C.1030002@hotmail.com>... >IBM does not have PL/1 for windows. They had VisualAge PL/I for Windows, >but have stop support it. The VA compiler was replaced with an updated one called Websphere PL/I, which is available from IBM The demo VA PLI compiler is still available. ...

British PL/I standard
There is a British Standard for PL/I which was copied from European standard 26160:1989 which in turn was simply a copy of ISO 6160:1979. BSI have just become aware that the European standard was withdrawn some time ago and now propose withdrawing the BS. On the other hand the ISO standard was reconfirmed as recently as 2008. The BSI programming languages committee (IST/5) has not had a PL/I representative since 1991. This message is therefore to ask if PL/I users in the UK (are there any?) would be affected by withdrawal of the BS. Obviously withdrawal would have no technical effect but just could affect contracts. Separately there is the PL/I General Purpose standard ISO 6522:1992, also reconfirmed in 2008. BSI also standardized a copy of that but still regard it as current. David Muxworthy (member of IST/5) On Aug 20, 12:33=A0am, David Muxworthy <d.muxwor...@bcs.org.uk> wrote: > There is a British Standard for PL/I which was copied from European > standard 26160:1989 which in turn was simply a copy of ISO 6160:1979. > BSI have just become aware that the European standard was withdrawn > some time ago and now propose withdrawing the BS. =A0On the other hand > the ISO standard was reconfirmed as recently as 2008. > > The BSI programming languages committee (IST/5) has not had a PL/I > representative since 1991. =A0This message is therefore to ask if PL/I > users in the UK (are there any?) would be affected by withdrawal of > the B...

PL/I CAN 1
> 1. CANT read arbitrary file into exact size array. FALSE. read_any_file: proc options (main); dcl isize fixed (31), i fixed (31), c char(1); dcl buf (*) char(1) controlled; inquire (anyfile, isize); allocate buf(isize); get file (anyfile) edit (buf) (a(1)); put edit (buf) (a); put ('size file (bytes) =',size(buf)); end; > ! ---------------------- > program read_ANY_file ! With this CVF program > integer,external :: stat > integer :: n, istat(12) > integer(1),allocatable :: buf(:) > n = stat('anyfile',istat) >...

PL/I
PL/I users might like to view: http://www.users.bigpond.com/robin_v/plistuff.htm ...

PL/I
Ironspring PL/I is available on OS/2. Free download from: http://home.roadrunner.com/~pflass/PLI/ A Linux version is being prepared also.. robin wrote: > Ironspring PL/I is available on OS/2. Free download from: ...... > Nothing to do with Ironspring. Seems to be a diatribe against Time Warner. Peter Peter J Seymour wrote: > robin wrote: >> Ironspring PL/I is available on OS/2. Free download from: > ..... >> > Nothing to do with Ironspring. Seems to be a diatribe against Time Warner. > Peter Robin posted that. That link is my &qu...

pain with [Continuer =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E0_afficher_=3F_n_=28?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?no=29_pour_arr=EAter=2C_autre_touche_pour_con?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?tinuer?=
Hello, This is another request for change. Sometimes I have scripts with a number of disp calls. Scilab ask to continue of not displaying with this message: [Continuer � afficher ? n (no) pour arr�ter, autre touche pour continuer This is all too fine, except that any key including ALT or CTRL triggers some next page of display. This is very distrubing because ALT+TAB is used in MSWindows to toggle around between applications. So every time I wan to compare what is displayed with the content of some other document which I edit with another application, I trigger the display again. So, my request would be that "other key to continue" would at least ignore ALT. Regards, Vincent. PS : If you think that this request is beneficial, I can fill the form on bugzilla. You can avoid the "[Continuer afficher ? n (no) pour arr ter, autre touche pour continuer" by using "lines(0) in your script. The idea around avoid ALT and CTRL to trigger the next page is good. Maybe some options settable in a xml file can do the trick (it will allow the user to customize its scilab). Feel free to fill the request for this one on bugzilla. YC Done: Request 631 has been added to the database Vincent. ycollet a �crit : > You can avoid the "[Continuer afficher ? n (no) pour arr ter, autre > touche pour continuer" by using "lines(0) in your script. > > The idea around avoid ALT and...

PL/1 for Win32
Where might I find a reasonably updated PL/1 compiler that runs on win32? I understand there is renewed interest in PL/1 as of late... I have taught myself Fortran over the last 4 months and feel that Fortran is really a terrific and powerful language not given enough credit for its abilities. I am also interested in the PL/1 Language Reference in PDF or other off-line format. Thanks! RadSurfer .at. yahoo.com RadSurfer wrote: > Where might I find a reasonably updated PL/1 compiler that runs on > win32? > I understand there is renewed interest in PL/1 as of late... > I have taught myself Fortran over the last 4 months and feel that > Fortran is really a terrific and powerful language not given enough > credit for its abilities. > > I am also interested in the PL/1 Language Reference in PDF or other > off-line format. Take a look at: http://home.nycap.rr.com/pflass/plilib.htm > > Thanks! > > RadSurfer .at. yahoo.com "Peter Flass" <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:475097ba$0$5006$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > RadSurfer wrote: >> Where might I find a reasonably updated PL/1 compiler that runs on >> win32? >> I understand there is renewed interest in PL/1 as of late... >> I have taught myself Fortran over the last 4 months and feel that >> Fortran is really a terrific and powerful language not given enough >> credit for its abilities. >> >> I am also...

[PL/SQL] DataBASE Interaction with PL/SQL
Hello Oracle Guru's, I know that PL/SQL does't accept any user inputs. but i need the following functionality like And Please do not ask the reason for. (My question is coming at the end of this part) Algorithm 1.Execute a procedure 2. accept some input parameters 3. check for some condition 4. pass those accepted parameter to the Dynamic SQL/cursor etc.... 5. Print the output using DBMS.Package 6.The END Here is a sample procedure, but this procedure will accept parameters only when a run the entire procedure (first time) ------------------------------------------- create or replace procedure test as t_empno varchar2(10) := '&empno'; t_ename varchar2(100); begin Select empname into t_ename from empmaster Where empno=t_empno; dbms_output.put_line('Name: '|| t_ename); -- p(t_ename) ; --thanks for asktom.oracle.com end; ---------------------------------------------- Out/put (Image only some i/o is translated from japaneseto english) empno....?: E1234567 old 3: v_empno varchar2(10) := '&empno'; new 3: v_empno varchar2(10) := 'E1234567'; Procedure created SQL> exec test nameofthe employ here PL/SQLcompleted succ.... ------------------------------------------------- My question is How can i write a PL/SQL to perform the above algorithm i.e When i say EXEC test the following screnn should appear empno....?: E1234567 old 3: v_empno varchar2(10) := '&...

PL/1 for Windows
Hi Hanz, Our PL/1 product only runs on Redhat and SUSE. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks, Justin Cannell Account Executive Micro Focus 360 828 5324 312 401 2779 mobile 503 614 1862 fax hschmidt99@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi Hanz, > > > > Our PL/1 product only runs on Redhat and SUSE. Let me know if you have > any other questions. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Justin Cannell > Account Executive > Micro Focus > Justin -- nice to see Microfocus represented here! <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:48CdnUybr7H2MsrXnZ2dnUVZ_qCdnZ2d@lhtot.com... > Hi Hanz, > > > > Our PL/1 product only runs on Redhat and SUSE. Let me know if you have > any other questions. > > Do you allow test-drives, possibly time-limited or feature limited? -- mecej4 (Subject line changed - to reflect thread drift) to comp.lang.pl1 I suggest that you check out the web page at: http://www.microfocus.com/products/OpenPLI/index.asp You may want to follow the link for "Submit a Sales Inquiry" -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "mecej4" <mecej4@_no_spam_at_operamail.com> wrote in message news:h38em4$p3e$1@news.eternal-september.org... > > <hschmidt99@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:48CdnUybr7H2MsrXnZ2dnUVZ_qCdnZ2d@lhtot.com... >> Hi Hanz, >> >> >> >> Our PL/1 product only runs...

PL/1 and JNI
Hello, the Enterprise PL/I for z/OS programming guide shows three examples on how to call a PL/I DLL from Java using JNI. I tried them out and all three examples worked fine on AIX and USS (z/OS). But on windows only example 1 works, the others make the JVM crash. I cannot pass arguments vom Java to PL/I. Did anyone make these two examples run on Windows (XP)? Thanks in advance Thomas If anyone is interested: The "WebSphere PL/I Programming Guide" containes the right examples. Especially the linkage(stdcall) option is important. Thomas Zierer schrieb: > Hello, > > the Enterprise PL/I for z/OS programming guide shows three examples on > how to call a PL/I DLL from Java using JNI. I tried them out and all > three examples worked fine on AIX and USS (z/OS). But on windows only > example 1 works, the others make the JVM crash. I cannot pass arguments > vom Java to PL/I. Did anyone make these two examples run on Windows (XP)? > > Thanks in advance > > Thomas ...

pl/i
Hi, I am not a cobol programmer (although i know it a little), but for the current project we need a cobol program that will call a pl/i program. Anyone knows how? What things i have to consider? Louis You don't tell us your environment (operating system or compiler) - but if this HAPPENS to be an IBM mainframe environment (where PL/I is medium common), check out: "11.0 Chapter 11. Communicating between COBOL and PL/I" at: http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/CEEA4110/11.0 -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "Louis De Bevere&quo...

Alguien tiene algun tutorial, en =?ISO-8859-1?Q?espa=F1ol=2C_q?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?ue_sirva_para_accedera_una_bd_de_access_c?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?on_pHP=3F=3F=3F?=
eso... gracias -- ------------------------------- Eduardo Quiroz Salinas 09-5149349 eduardoquiroz@vtr.net ------------------------------- ...

[Wine] Problems with "Marco Polo =?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFer_Reiseplaner_200?= =?iso-8859-1?q?5/2006=22_-_Can=27t_print/Street_names_not_shown_correctly?= =?iso-8859-1?q?/Route_not_shown?=
Hello. Thanks to the tip to use Wine 0.9.12., I now successfully installed "Marco Polo Gro=DFer Reiseplaner 2005/2006" on Wine 0.9.12. running on Gentoo Linux. After the installation finished, I upgraded to Wine 0.9.13. First off, the names of the streets aren't printed correctly. Please see <http://www.myimg.de/?img=3DWineMarcoPoloGroerReiseplaner2.png>. As you can see there, the names of the streets aren't printed correctly - they are printed on a gray box. On a real Windows XP installation, that's not so. Further, certain "sections" (mos...

4555 chip tuning - tuning chip - turbo - chip =?ISO-8859-1?Q?pot=EAncia?= - =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E1lcool?= - Flex
Chip personalizado para carros originais, turbo e aspirados. Convers�o de veiculos de gasolina para alcool com ganho de potencia e torque!!! Chip de potencia para a gasolina , ganhe 20% a mais de potencia e torque no seu carro!!! Alguns exemplos: Original chipado gol 1.0 turbo 112 cv 155 cv marea turbo 182 cv 243 cv audi a3 t 150 cv 210 cv audi a3 t 180 cv 220 cv http://www.tuningchip.rg3.net/ audi gol turbo marea fiat chevrolet corsa palio convers�o alcool pot�n...

Web resources about - PL/I (aka PL/1) ISO Standard - comp.lang.pl1

Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St. Catharines Standard , a St. Catharines, Ontario, newspaper Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Leader Standard
Former England striker Beattie, a former team-mate of Monk's at Southampton, was appointed first-team coach this summer, with his prime responsibility ...

Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines
Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines

The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.
The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

Bulletin Standard
Breaking USA News & Headlines; Latest News and Current News from America, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San ...

Stats Of The Week: Evolving Standards Of Bar Passage Expectations
The latest proposal to impose bar passage standards on law schools is surprisingly tough.

10 more OEMs pledge to make auto-braking standard in new cars
(credit: Ford) The number of car makers committed to making automatic emergency braking (AEB) a standard feature on all new cars has doubled ...

NHTSA, IIHS, and 20 automakers to make auto braking standard by 2022
... , Nissan , Porsche , RAM , smart , Subaru , Tesla , Toyota , Volkswagen , Volvo , Safety , Genesis Automatic Emergency Braking will be standard ...