re: IBM continues PL/I support (was: IBM continues ...)

From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:48:40 GMT

> I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran)
> were just updated, but not PL/I..
..
That doesn't mean anything.  There are other languages available
on AIX.  It's just a specific announcement about those compilers.
..
> Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats
> receiving development support.
..
We know you're lying, and you know you're lying.
..
Peter Elderon wrote to you several months ago saying that
the Windows product is supported.
..
It's a current and on-going support in parallel with the
z/os Enterprise compiler.
..
The Enterprise compiler was developed from the workstation (Windows
compiler), and is compatible with it.  This is to enable the
development on the PC of programs for z/os, and vice versa.
The Windows VisualAge product can emulate the z/os machine,
and can operate in Windows (PC) mode, thus allowing the PC
product to operate directly on z/os data and to generate such
data for use on z/os when required.
..
> Bottom line:
> There is no Windows PL/I compiler development taking place
> now that IBM has apparently ceased updating Visual Age PL/I
You know that you are lying.  We know it too.
..
> I suggest PLI'ers shud pay apt attention to my tips how to migrate
> their code to Fortran and ignore Robin's FICTITIOUS FAQ
..
No-one would migrate their code from a failsafe environment
to an inferior product.
..
From someone who can't write even trivial Fortran programs
correctly, your "suggestion" is laughable.
..
> IE. His FAQ touts a $15,000 (you gotta be kidding) Liant PL/I
..
You lie again.  You do not have any Liant pricing, as you are
not a customer.  This is a fictitious figure that you made up.
..
>     that Liant doesnt include in their product SUPPORT list
..
We caught you out again on that lie too.
..
Liant currently support Open PL/I on a range of systems,
and their recent reponse was posted to this newsgroup only
a few months ago.  You read it, and responded to it.
0
bin_v (75)
11/19/2003 3:25:01 AM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 03:25:01 GMT, robin wrote:

>> I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran)
>> were just updated, but not PL/I..

Pl1 doesn't have to be updated. It works already.
--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.
0
Tim
11/19/2003 7:57:23 AM
"robin" <ro|bin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message
> From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central
Florida
> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:48:40 GMT
>
> > I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and
Fortran)
> > were just updated, but not PL/I..
> .
> That doesn't mean anything.  There are other languages available
> on AIX.  It's just a specific announcement about those compilers.
> .
> > Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS)
thats
> > receiving development support.
> .
> We know you're lying, and you know you're lying.
> .
> Peter Elderon wrote to you several months ago saying that
> the Windows product is supported.
> .
> It's a current and on-going support in parallel with the
> z/os Enterprise compiler.
> .
> The Enterprise compiler was developed from the workstation (Windows
> compiler), and is compatible with it.  This is to enable the
> development on the PC of programs for z/os, and vice versa.
> The Windows VisualAge product can emulate the z/os machine,
> and can operate in Windows (PC) mode, thus allowing the PC
> product to operate directly on z/os data and to generate such
> data for use on z/os when required.
> .
> > Bottom line:
> > There is no Windows PL/I compiler development taking place
> > now that IBM has apparently ceased updating Visual Age PL/I
> You know that you are lying.  We know it too.
> .

The recent IBM announcement link posted by someone here about a month
ago, does not mention that Visual Age PL/I was updated..
That fact supercedes any statement by Peter Elderon made in May 2003.

> > I suggest PLI'ers shud pay apt attention to my tips how to migrate
> > their code to Fortran and ignore Robin's FICTITIOUS FAQ
> .
> No-one would migrate their code from a failsafe environment
> to an inferior product.
> .
> From someone who can't write even trivial Fortran programs
> correctly, your "suggestion" is laughable.
> .

> > IE. His FAQ touts a $15,000 (you gotta be kidding) Liant PL/I
> .
> You lie again.  You do not have any Liant pricing, as you are
> not a customer.  This is a fictitious figure that you made up.
> .

I tried twice this year to get Liant Sales to send me a price quote
with NO RESPONSE!!
YOU know the 2003 pricing but refuse to tell anyone here.

I dont post ANYTHING blatantly false, however I do use adjectives like
"apparently" which dont seem to be in your reading skill
comprehension.

Below link indicates Liant PL/I pricing for their VERY OLD compiler
is outrageous at $15,000 for 2 seat license.

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=19961226223700.RAA29770%40ladder01.news.aol.com

> >     that Liant doesnt include in their product SUPPORT list
> .
> We caught you out again on that lie too.
> .
> Liant currently support Open PL/I on a range of systems,
> and their recent reponse was posted to this newsgroup only
> a few months ago.  You read it, and responded to it.

No-one doubts Liant sales will sell you their OLD compiler, heck
at that price they shud the corporate jet to pick you up and wine
and dine you.

BUT their news releases have no mention of PL/I THIS CENTURY.
and its not even included in their "current product support list"
below...

http://www.liant.com/download/pdf/currprod.pdf

0
dave_frank (2243)

re: IBM continues PL/I support
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:51:55 GMT "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:vgxub.6097$n56.4610@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Alternatively, if one *WANTS* IBM to provide "new" PL/I compilers on other > platforms (than z/OS) one could submit SHARE requirements for such. > > -- > Bill Klein > wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com .. > I see you posted the Z/OS PL/I v3.3 upgrade announcement several weeks > back. > Will you confirm to the reading impaired here that it doesnt > include Windows PL/I in its OS system prerequisite section? .. IBM has been working on z/OS recently, because it is a relatively new product, and naturally there was an upgrade announcement as a result of that work. .. It doesn't imply or suggest anything about their other PL/I compilers, which have been on the market for a number of years, and are now robust complers. They do not need as frequent updates as the new compiler on z/OS. ...

re: IBM continues support
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:28:03 GMT > "robin" <ro|bin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message > news:hoBub.16824$aT.12544@news-server.bigpond.net.au... >> From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida >> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:48:40 GMT > >> > I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran) >> > were just updated, but not PL/I.. >> >> That doesn't mean anything. There are other languages available >> on AIX. It's just a specific announcement about those compilers. >> >> > Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats >> > receiving development support. >> >> We know you're lying, and you know you're lying. >> >> Peter Elderon wrote to you several months ago saying that >> the Windows product is supported. >> >> It's a current and on-going support in parallel with the >> z/os Enterprise compiler. >> >> The Enterprise compiler was developed from the workstation (Windows >> compiler), and is compatible with it. This is to enable the >> development on the PC of programs for z/os, and vice versa. >> The Windows VisualAge product can emulate the z/os machine, >> and can operate in Windows (PC) mode, t...

IBM continues PL/I support withdrawal
I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran) were just updated, but not PL/I.. Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats receiving development support. Bottom line: There is no Windows PL/I compiler development taking place now that IBM has apparently ceased updating Visual Age PL/I I suggest PLI'ers shud pay apt attention to my tips how to migrate their code to Fortran and ignore Robin's FICTITIOUS FAQ IE. His FAQ touts a $15,000 (you gotta be kidding) Liant PL/I that Liant doesnt include in their product SUPPORT list and havent updated in YEARS. "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<YVlub.195580$RP2.96913@twister.tampabay.rr.com>... > I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran) > were just updated, but not PL/I.. > > Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats > receiving development support. > > Bottom line: > There is no Windows PL/I compiler development taking place > now that IBM has apparently ceased updating Visual Age PL/I > You remind me of a brat so impressed with his own defecation that he spreads his excrement everywhere he can. No one else is impresesd. > I suggest PLI'ers shud pay apt attention to my tips how to migrate > their code to Fortran and ignore Robin's FICTITIOUS FAQ That's an extremely stupid suggestion. Migrating code from on...

IBM continues to suppport and enhance its PL/I support
David Frank wrote in message ... >A couple years ago, Peter Elderon replied to my inquiry about new PL/I >development, altho he states that windows pl/i has been upgraded in tandem >with Z/os. He by omission is saying other than a windows tandem upgrade >(its being updated with fixpacks, which is not a Version upgrade), IBM is >cutting back its upgrades for other platforms, e.g. the last windows pl/i >release was 1998 v2.1 thats SEVEN YEARS ago. I've told you before that the Windows PL/I compiler was ported to z/OS. This was a new compiler for z/OS, and that there have been upgrades of the z/OS product as the inevitable bug showed up, and as well some enhancements were made to that compiler. These enhancements were also done to the Windows compiler. In other words, both compilers are current, up-to-date, and both are being upgraded together. This is to permit the same programs to be run on Windows and on z/OS with identical results. The Windows product also emulates the z/OS environment (that is, it handles both EBCDIC and ASCII, and handles little endian and big-endian formats.) The Windows compiler is up to Release 6 or so. On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:06:49 GMT, robin wrote: > e.g. the last windows pl/i > release was 1998 v2.1 thats SEVEN YEARS ago. Because PLI is stable and doesn't need "fixing" like Fortran? -- Tim C. Tim Challenger wrote in message <1125987422.3a66ad705829cf22dca9dc646182f489@teranews>...

Upgrading to currently supported IBM PL/I for Windows (was: How IBM recovered from the PL/I fiasco
David, The following (repost) includes your note from the end of August where you stated, "no upgrade pricing for existing Visual Age PL/I customers), ..." and my reply showing the one of the part numbers and where it is documented. *** Dare you to admit that you were WRONG when you stated (today), "That couldnt have been the reason you posted that info (which I wasnt aware of) since this is the first post I have raised this issue, (must be someone else who really gives a damn)." -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:... > ain't no such thing as > "a Z/OS PL/I for Windows pkg" > > So you are correct (for a change) there isn't anyone who has upgraded to it. > > For any other question (to correct your publicly stated misconceptions on how > the product works), check out the manual for yourself at: > > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27007348 > > As far as IBM selling copies of its "Websphere Developer for z/OS" product, > there have certainly been lots of sales (as reported at IBM user groups) as > well as the fact that many copies are "given away" with other IBM product > purchases. > > As far as upgrade pricing and ordering, check out the announcement at: > > http://www-306.ibm.com/fcgi-bin/common/ssi/ssialias?infotype=an&s...

re: IBM PL/I is supported
Subject: Re: PL/I examples please From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:03:45 GMT > "robin" <ro|bin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message > news:smBub.16820$aT.10328@news-server.bigpond.net.au... >> From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida >> Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:50:47 GMT >> >> > and its for sure you FAKE PL/I >> > enthusiasts havent purchased the only other option the $3000 >> > IBM Visual Age PL/I for Windows (now dropped from IBM's >> > upgrading).. >> . >> Again you lie. You lie because it has not been dropped. You lie about the price. >> The full product (which has full z/OS support as well as >> Windows support) can be purchased for as little as $475 >> (upgrade). .. > A upgrade is NOT the full product, this has been explained to you > before by others here, but you fail to grasp the distinction. .. READ WHAT I WROTE. It says "FULL PRODUCT". FULL PRODUCT. FULL PRODUCT. Do you know what that means? It means FULL PRODUCT. "robin" <ro|bin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:c6Vub.18346$aT.14299@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > You lie about the price. > > READ WHAT I WROTE. > It says "FULL PRODUCT". FULL PRODUCT. FULL PRODUCT. > > Do you know what that m...

Continuation
Why does the following code print the line "doing other stuff" twice? def cc puts "do A" puts "----> 1. #{caller}" callcc { |cont| return cont} puts "----> 2. #{caller}" puts "do B" end puts "calling cc" cont = cc() puts "doing other stuff" cont.call() if cont puts "end of work" puts OUTPUT: calling cc do A ----> 1. remove2.rb:59 doing other stuff ----> 2. remove2.rb:59 do B doing other stuff end of work Responding to michelemendel@gmail.com: > Why does the following code ...

Re: IBM withdraws Windows support
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:19:21 GMT | "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eJxcc.417363$jH.6122276@twister.tampabay.rr.com... | | > 2. The software development web page says COBOL exists for Windows NT | > if you pull down the eye-brow to see the selections avail. there is NO | > COBOL listed | > for Windows NT, why NOT? | | Whoops! Visual Age Cobol for Windows still exists, Well, of course it does. Sooo, you fnally admit that you're a charlatan! ...

Re: Does IBM REALLY support Linux?
Floyd L. Davidson wrote: > "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadaitcha.cx> wrote: >> Floyd L. Davidson wrote: >>> "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadaitcha.cx> wrote: >>>> Floyd L. Davidson wrote: >>>>> "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadaitcha.cx> wrote: >>>>>> Floyd L. Davidson wrote: >>>>>>> "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadaitcha.cx> wrote: >>>>>>>> Floyd L. Davidson wrote: >>>>>>>>> "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadai...

Re: IBM's PL/I
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > Robin says IBM supports PL/I with downloads but below link > doesnt even mention PL/I as a IBM product, > > http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/category.jsp?s=c&S_TACT=&S_CMP=&cat=swdev > > go to center of above web page, pull down the peephole for products, > apparently all languages have download support EXCEPT you guessed it, > PL/I You're looking in the wrong place. ...

Re: IBM has not withdrawn Windows support
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > I repeat, its obvious IBM is phasing out ALL support for Windows > development. You are a charlatan; you know that is utterly false. You received a statement from Peter Elderon that your gratituous claims are false. ...

Re: Does IBM REALLY support Linux?
And somewhere around the time of 06/15/2004 15:08, the world stopped and listened as Stephan Simonsen contributed the following to humanity: > If IBM is truly an honest Linux supporter why are IBM's web pages > plastered with: > > "IBM Recommends Microsoft Windows XP Professional" > > http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=-840&langId=-1&categoryId=2049132 > > Two faced IBM is nothing but a gigantic parasitic opportunist and I don't > buy the bullshit that Microsoft is forcing them to put th...

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #5
Hi, there doesn't seem to be an e-mail address. But the bespoke web-page at http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ has a link for feedback: look for "Feedback" in the left navigation area on the page ... Regards, Martin -- owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 14.12.2005 22:15:52: > ok Martin... give us the e-mails of those guys, we have a few things to tell > them :)) sending to informix-list sending to informix-list ...

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #3
ok Martin... give us the e-mails of those guys, we have a few things to tell them :)) > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org > [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Martin Fuerderer > Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:35 > To: doubleecho@your.com > Cc: informix-list@iiug.org; owner-informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. > http://www-306.ibm.com/) > > > ... Rather, you should > > mention to the IBM web server people that they need to fix > their web > > server settings and the routing or load balancer(s) to mask > whatever > > server people are redirected to. ... > > You are right: > If (all) external visitors to the pages would do this "mentioning" > (surely there's somewhere a link for feedback on the web-pages) > to "the IBM web server people", things would be changed within > a very short time. > > But also wrong: > If I myself do this "mentioning" to "the IBM web server people", > then surely not much will change. Admittedly I've not tried, > but I guess if I get a response, then it'd be something along > the lines of "millions other users have no problem" ... > > Regards, > Martin > -- > Martin Fuerderer > IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Mana...

Re: Stat Question--Bucket a continuous variable--Is it still a continuous variable
Nick, If a variable's properties don't change, nor your ability to validly analyze those properties, then I don't see why aggregating the data (in any number of buckets) would change the variable's measurement scale. Art ---------- On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:20:42 -0500, Nick . <ni14@MAIL.COM> wrote: >Suppose I have a continuous variable such as $ amounts. Say I have a column with 1000 (or a million or whatever)such $ amounts. Suppose, I bucket them into 10 buckets ( or 5 buckets or 100 buckets or whatever). Suppose further that the $ amounts repeat. So some of the 1000 $...

Re: IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit,
vvcd said: > IBM DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition v8.2, other IBM DB2 (32 bit, 64 > bit) (MULTiOS, Windows, Linux, Solaris), IBM iSoft Commerce Suite > Server Enterprise v3.2.01, IBM Tivoli Storage Resource Manager Express > Edition v1.3.2 Win, IBM Tivoli System Automation v1.2.0 Linux, IBM > Tivoli Workload Scheduler Virtualized Data Centers v8.2 [2 CDs], other > IBM Tivoli CDs, WEBSPHERE EVERYPLACE MOBILE PORTAL v5.0 - ALTIUM [2 > CDs], other IBM WebSphere Business CDs (Windows, Linux) CDs, IBM > Integration Server v5.1 [2 CDs], IBM Telecom Toolkit for WebSphere > Studio V1.3.5, IBM Frame2000 V5.5, Peoplesoft Peopletools v8.45 [5 > CDs] for DB2 UDB for OS/390, and for DB2 UDB for Unix, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX V6.0.1 for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Macromedia > ColdFusion MX for J2EE, other What the heck, I'm sure IBM won't have a problem with a little copyright violation... >:o) > please send e-mail, ola2@mail.gr, astra35@mailbox.gr, Do they have internet access in Greek jails, I wonder... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html sending to informix-list ...

SN#18519 IBM Redpaper: How to Install Solaris 10 OS on Supported IBM BladeCenter Servers
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 114 Issue 4 2007-08-20 Article 18519 from section "Service" Technical overview of Solaris OS, Installation, Management and Storage Since the Solaris Operating System (Solaris OS) will now be supported on certain IBM systems, this white paper will be useful for those installing the Solaris OS on supported BladeCenter servers. Topics include Fibre Channel, Solaris Containers, DTrace, IBM Director, and more. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=18519 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in PDF, text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe (c) 2005 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

IBM
For those in IBM mainframe (z/OS and z/VM - not VSE) shops, check out: _ 906027 Software Service Discontinuance: Selected IBM eServer zSeries and S/390 products -- Some replacements available at http://www.ibm.com/isource/cgi-bin/goto?it=usa_annred&on=906-027 "Release to be withdrawn from service September 30, 2008 Product Product name Version number Enterprise PL/I for z/OS 3.4 5655-H31 ...Features to be withdrawn from service April 30, 2007 PL/I for MVS and VM V1 1.1 5688-235 VM Full Function Offering ... a.. 5655-H31, Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V3.4 is replaced by 5655-H31, Enterprise PL/I for z/OS V3.5 announced in Software Announcement 205-219 , dated September 13, 2005. ... a.. 5688-235, PL/I for MVS and VM V1 - VM Full Function Offering Features consists of a PL/I compiler and a debugger. The compiler continues to be available as part of the existing PL/I for MVS and VM V1 - VM Alternate Function Offering. The debugger is replaced by Debug Tool for z/VM V4.1 announced in Software Announcement 204-212 , dated September 21, 2004. " *** Other announced support withdrawal dates include - some releases of z/OS - some releases of COBOL and HLASM - some releases of IMS (and IMS tools) - CICS TS V2.2 - and LOTS more *** Make certain that those in your shop who need to know, do know an...

Does IBM now support building PL/I application for Windows?
I found that PL/I is deprecated in Rational Developer for System =D1 (both Java and EGL). ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

Any non-IBM notebooks with TrackPoint-type pointing devices? [continuation]
Hello folks, Continuing on the topic "Any non-IBM notebooks with TrackPoint-type pointing devices?" (http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.laptops/browse_thread/thread/8254f1f563b156db/), I've just found out that, like HP, Fujitsu-Siemens also produces some models with trackpoints. I've posted the result of my research here: http://hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=187435&cid=15468670 To sum it up: again like HP, Fujitsu-Siemens only offers trackpoints on their Intel-based notebooks. :-/ As for myself: I've just bought another Thinkpad T22 on eBay, so I can keep going even when my current one finally gives up the ghost (should be any day now). I think that sometime after Intel starts shipping Merom (the mobile version of the upcoming EM64T/AMD64-clone Conroe) sometime next August, then maybe I can buy a notebook with an AMD64-compatible CPU and a trackpoint; surely Intel's cloned EM64T is not as nice as the real AMD64 deal, but at least it should enable me to run most of the available 64-bit software. Cheers, --- Durval Menezes. ...

IBM PL/I
Could somebody tell exact name (and version) of IBM product, where I can use PL/I under Windows XP? I need in compile, link and make executables for Windows. Product should be active, i.e I can buy it. The currently supported product for Windows targeted development includes both the PL/I and COBOL compilers and lots of other "stuff". Check out "WebSphere Developer for z/Series" at: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/devzseries/ It is NOT cheap, but it is supported (both for mainframe and windows targeted development) and does provide significant tools (possibly more than you might want). -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "MZN" <MikeZmn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158246139.780745.195690@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Could somebody tell exact name (and version) of IBM product, where I > can use PL/I under Windows XP? > > I need in compile, link and make executables for Windows. Product > should be active, i.e I can buy it. > "MZN" <MikeZmn@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158246139.780745.195690@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > Could somebody tell exact name (and version) of IBM product, where I > can use PL/I under Windows XP? > > I need in compile, link and make executables for Windows. Product > should be active, i.e I can buy it. > The PL/I situation continually deteriorates, IBM cancelled support for its Visual Age PL/I for Window...

Re: Bilk continues to freak out at his inability to support his fairy tales.
On Apr 8, 7:48=A0am, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote: > On 4/8/13 6:24 AM, in article > 11678110-4597-470b-aa71-df2ba67e6...@n7g2000yqk.googlegroups.com, "Mark S > > Bilk" <m...@cosmicpenguin.com> wrote: > > On Apr 7, 10:40 pm, Snit <use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote: > >> Whenever Bilk goes off on his 9-11 fantasies, > > > Those are facts, not fantasies, and they're not uniquely mine. > > Millions of people around the world know the same 9-11 > > information that I've posted. > > ...

(Linux company) "IBM Continues Sharp Spin Downward"
That's twelve (12) consecutive quarters of declining revenue. <quote> IBM Continues Sharp Spin Downward April 21, 2015 6:45 am EDT First-quarter revenue dropped 11.9% to $19.6 billion. Net income was off 2.4% to $2.3 billion. Despite improvements in its cloud and mainframe businesses, revenue dropped at every one of IBM's operating divisions, although some of the figures received asterisks for changes in composition. Among its largest divisions, the problems became particularly severe. Global Technology Services revenue fell 10.9% to $7.9 billion. Business Servi...

Web resources about - re: IBM continues PL/I support (was: IBM continues ...) - comp.lang.pl1

The Saga Continues... - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Saga Continues... is the third studio album released by American hip-hop artist Diddy and the Bad Boy Family on July 10, 2001 in North America. ...

Ted Ullyot, Jas Athwal Continue To Unload Facebook Shares
... sold off more shares in the social network, as detailed in their Form 4 filings Thursday with the Securities and Exchange Commission . continued… ...

The President continues to offer up apologies....When tolerance becomes a one way street it leads to ...
Congressman Allen West hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel The President continues to offer up apologies....When tolerance becomes a one way street ...

Facebook continues to test variations of Timeline layout
Facebook is experimenting with a new Timeline format that puts all of a user’s posts in a single column to the right and apps and other modules ...

Ferguson happy to continue roller-coaster rise with Extreme Choice
THERE'S an element of luck in every racing story, whether it be good or bad.

Neighbours shocked, hunt continues for gunman after Heckenberg shooting death
A &quot;completely innocent&quot; husband and father was shot and killed when a gunman opened fire at two brothers on a suburban street during ...

Justice system overhaul continues year after Masa Vukotic's death
There are 126 serious sex offenders in Victoria, 74 of whom are monitored electronically. Fifty-eight of these offenders are not deemed fit for ...

Belgian prosecutors identify dead gunman in anti-terror raid as Algerian, hunt for suspects continues ...
The suspect gunned down in a shootout with Belgian police is identified as an Algerian national.

Rob Ford's cancer battle continues 'with his family beside him'
Rob Ford is currently in hospital 'with his family beside him' as he continues receiving treatment for cancer, a statement from his office said ...

Female Lawyers Continue To Be Paid Less Than Their Male Counterparts
Sadly, the gender wage gap is alive and well in the legal profession.