re: IBM continues PL/I support

From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:51:55 GMT

"William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:vgxub.6097$n56.4610@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Alternatively,  if one *WANTS* IBM to provide "new" PL/I compilers on other
> platforms (than z/OS) one could submit SHARE requirements for such.
>
> --
> Bill Klein
>  wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com
..
> I see you posted the Z/OS PL/I v3.3 upgrade announcement several weeks
> back.
> Will you confirm to the reading impaired here that it doesnt
> include Windows PL/I in its OS system prerequisite section?
..
IBM has been working on z/OS recently, because it is a relatively
new product, and naturally there was an upgrade announcement as a
result of that work.
..
It doesn't imply or suggest anything about their other PL/I compilers,
which have been on the market for a number of years, and are now
robust complers.  They do not need as frequent updates as the new
compiler on z/OS.
0
bin_v (75)
11/20/2003 1:52:39 AM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Web resources about - re: IBM continues PL/I support - comp.lang.pl1

The Saga Continues... - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Saga Continues... is the third studio album released by American hip-hop artist Diddy and the Bad Boy Family on July 10, 2001 in North America. ...

Ted Ullyot, Jas Athwal Continue To Unload Facebook Shares
... sold off more shares in the social network, as detailed in their Form 4 filings Thursday with the Securities and Exchange Commission . continued… ...

The President continues to offer up apologies....When tolerance becomes a one way street it leads to ...
Congressman Allen West hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel The President continues to offer up apologies....When tolerance becomes a one way street ...

Facebook continues to test variations of Timeline layout
Facebook is experimenting with a new Timeline format that puts all of a user’s posts in a single column to the right and apps and other modules ...

Ferguson happy to continue roller-coaster rise with Extreme Choice
THERE'S an element of luck in every racing story, whether it be good or bad.

Neighbours shocked, hunt continues for gunman after Heckenberg shooting death
A &quot;completely innocent&quot; husband and father was shot and killed when a gunman opened fire at two brothers on a suburban street during ...

Justice system overhaul continues year after Masa Vukotic's death
There are 126 serious sex offenders in Victoria, 74 of whom are monitored electronically. Fifty-eight of these offenders are not deemed fit for ...

Belgian prosecutors identify dead gunman in anti-terror raid as Algerian, hunt for suspects continues ...
The suspect gunned down in a shootout with Belgian police is identified as an Algerian national.

Rob Ford's cancer battle continues 'with his family beside him'
Rob Ford is currently in hospital 'with his family beside him' as he continues receiving treatment for cancer, a statement from his office said ...

Female Lawyers Continue To Be Paid Less Than Their Male Counterparts
Sadly, the gender wage gap is alive and well in the legal profession.