re: IBM PL/I is supported

Subject: Re: PL/I examples please
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:03:45 GMT

> "robin" <ro|bin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message
>> From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida
>> Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:50:47 GMT
>>
>> > and its for sure you FAKE PL/I
>> >   enthusiasts havent purchased the only other option the $3000
>> >   IBM Visual Age PL/I for Windows (now dropped from IBM's
>> > upgrading)..
>> .
>> Again you lie.

You lie because it has not been dropped.
You lie about the price.

>> The full product (which has full z/OS support as well as
>> Windows support) can be purchased for as little as $475
>> (upgrade).
..
> A upgrade is NOT the full product, this has been explained to you
> before by others here, but you fail to grasp the distinction.
..
READ WHAT I WROTE.
It says "FULL PRODUCT". FULL PRODUCT. FULL PRODUCT.

Do you know what that means?

It means FULL PRODUCT.
0
bin_v (75)
11/20/2003 1:51:04 AM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> You lie about the price.
>
> READ WHAT I WROTE.
> It says "FULL PRODUCT". FULL PRODUCT. FULL PRODUCT.
>
> Do you know what that means?
>
> It means FULL PRODUCT.

Below link to a Yukkin message just a few months back corrects you
about the price, but you refuse to acknowledge the correction,
just as you will refuse to acknowledge it now..

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=b9ktmh%24jdk%241%40ngspool-d02.news.aol.com

0
dave_frank (2243)

re: IBM continues PL/I support (was: IBM continues ...)
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:48:40 GMT > I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran) > were just updated, but not PL/I.. .. That doesn't mean anything. There are other languages available on AIX. It's just a specific announcement about those compilers. .. > Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats > receiving development support. .. We know you're lying, and you know you're lying. .. Peter Elderon wrote to you several months ago saying that the Windows product is supported. .. It's a current and on-going support in parallel with the z/os Enterprise compiler. .. The Enterprise compiler was developed from the workstation (Windows compiler), and is compatible with it. This is to enable the development on the PC of programs for z/os, and vice versa. The Windows VisualAge product can emulate the z/os machine, and can operate in Windows (PC) mode, thus allowing the PC product to operate directly on z/os data and to generate such data for use on z/os when required. .. > Bottom line: > There is no Windows PL/I compiler development taking place > now that IBM has apparently ceased updating Visual Age PL/I You know that you are lying. We know it too. .. > I suggest PLI'ers shud pay apt attention to my tips how to migrate > their code to Fortran and ignore Robin's FICTITIOUS FAQ .. No-one...

re: IBM continues PL/I support
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:51:55 GMT "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:vgxub.6097$n56.4610@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Alternatively, if one *WANTS* IBM to provide "new" PL/I compilers on other > platforms (than z/OS) one could submit SHARE requirements for such. > > -- > Bill Klein > wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com .. > I see you posted the Z/OS PL/I v3.3 upgrade announcement several weeks > back. > Will you confirm to the reading impaired here that it doesnt > include Windows PL/I in its OS system prerequisite section? .. IBM has been working on z/OS recently, because it is a relatively new product, and naturally there was an upgrade announcement as a result of that work. .. It doesn't imply or suggest anything about their other PL/I compilers, which have been on the market for a number of years, and are now robust complers. They do not need as frequent updates as the new compiler on z/OS. ...

Upgrading to currently supported IBM PL/I for Windows (was: How IBM recovered from the PL/I fiasco
David, The following (repost) includes your note from the end of August where you stated, "no upgrade pricing for existing Visual Age PL/I customers), ..." and my reply showing the one of the part numbers and where it is documented. *** Dare you to admit that you were WRONG when you stated (today), "That couldnt have been the reason you posted that info (which I wasnt aware of) since this is the first post I have raised this issue, (must be someone else who really gives a damn)." -- Bill Klein wmklein <at> ix.netcom.com "William M. Klein" <wmklein@nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message news:... > ain't no such thing as > "a Z/OS PL/I for Windows pkg" > > So you are correct (for a change) there isn't anyone who has upgraded to it. > > For any other question (to correct your publicly stated misconceptions on how > the product works), check out the manual for yourself at: > > http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27007348 > > As far as IBM selling copies of its "Websphere Developer for z/OS" product, > there have certainly been lots of sales (as reported at IBM user groups) as > well as the fact that many copies are "given away" with other IBM product > purchases. > > As far as upgrade pricing and ordering, check out the announcement at: > > http://www-306.ibm.com/fcgi-bin/common/ssi/ssialias?infotype=an&s...

Re: Liant supports PL/I
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > below is a re-post of my inquiry sent to > www.liant.com/support/email > several months back > > <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< > I am providing info to comp.lang.pl1 newsgroup readers about available > PL/I compilers for Windows. > > 1. Does OPEN PL/I support Win32 API programming with libraries/etc ? > 2. OPEN PL/I isnt listed as a current supported product, why is that? But it is listed. You can see it. There's a whole page of platforms that they support at this link. > 3. Does Liant have a active PL/I development team? If not what is your > assessment of PL/I's future as a viable language. > 4. What is the price? > > Any info provided will be shared with the newsgroup readers (as is > this inquiry).. Thanks > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > > Liant never responded to my email inquiry, They respond to everyone else including me, at that time, a couple of months back. They provided me with an up-to-date list of platforms supported by Liant Open PL/I, which I posted here. You read it. You know about it. "robin" <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:ySqMa.1081$oN.42388@newsfeeds.bigpond.com... > &q...

re: IBM continues support
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:28:03 GMT > "robin" <ro|bin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message > news:hoBub.16824$aT.12544@news-server.bigpond.net.au... >> From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida >> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:48:40 GMT > >> > I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran) >> > were just updated, but not PL/I.. >> >> That doesn't mean anything. There are other languages available >> on AIX. It's just a specific announcement about those compilers. >> >> > Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats >> > receiving development support. >> >> We know you're lying, and you know you're lying. >> >> Peter Elderon wrote to you several months ago saying that >> the Windows product is supported. >> >> It's a current and on-going support in parallel with the >> z/os Enterprise compiler. >> >> The Enterprise compiler was developed from the workstation (Windows >> compiler), and is compatible with it. This is to enable the >> development on the PC of programs for z/os, and vice versa. >> The Windows VisualAge product can emulate the z/os machine, >> and can operate in Windows (PC) mode, t...

Re: Liant supports PL/I #2
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > "robin" <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message > news:ySqMa.1081$oN.42388@newsfeeds.bigpond.com... > > "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > > > They respond to everyone else including me, at that time, > > a couple of months back. > > > and you asked them WHAT? whether they will accept $$$$$ for a product > they no longer support? > > > They provided me with an up-to-date list of platforms supported > > by Liant Open PL/I, which I posted here. > > > > You read it. > > > > You know about it. > Yes its listed FOR SALE, surprise surprise.. > But it isnt listed as a current SUPPORTED product as I've explained at > least twice before, go to: Dear Richard, Liant stated clearly, unequivocally, and precisely that they currently support PL/I on the platforms indicated their web page. This is current information. "robin" <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:sVBMa.1453$oN.56646@newsfeeds.bigpond.com... > "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > > You know about it. > > > Yes its listed FOR SALE, surprise surprise.. > > But it isnt listed as a current SUPPORTED product as I've explained at > > least twice before, go to: > > Dear Richard, > Liant stated clearl...

Re: Does IBM REALLY support Linux?
And somewhere around the time of 06/15/2004 15:08, the world stopped and listened as Stephan Simonsen contributed the following to humanity: > If IBM is truly an honest Linux supporter why are IBM's web pages > plastered with: > > "IBM Recommends Microsoft Windows XP Professional" > > http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=-840&langId=-1&categoryId=2049132 > > Two faced IBM is nothing but a gigantic parasitic opportunist and I don't > buy the bullshit that Microsoft is forcing them to put th...

Re: Does PL/I support THESE binary files?
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: PL/I supports all binary files, including these. "robin" <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:TYRTa.12340$OM3.2176@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > PL/I supports all binary files, including these. > And reason(s) for not showing everyone your code for these 2 examples is? ...

re: PL/I supports IEEE on PC.
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:30:48 GMT .. * situation (Personal PL/I supports IEEE?) Yes, PL/I on the PC supports IEEE. (i.eee., [npi] whatever is native). * to show everyone the solution * to what last 16bytes in * http://home.cfl.rr.com/davegemini/baffle.pl1 * represent as a complex ieee variable. * * ! --------------------------------------------- * program how_to_show_i_can_write_a_fortran_program_that_still_doesnt_work * real :: x * real(8) :: y * complex(8) :: z .. The previous 2 lines are not accepted by most Fortran compilers. .. * open (1,file='baffle.pli',form='binary') .. Not accepted by most Fortran compilers. .. * read (1) x,y,z .. Oh, now it has a READ statement in it, after I correctly pointed out that it was a completely senseless program. .. * write (*,*) x,y,z * end program how_to_show_i_can_write_a_fortran_program_that_still_doesnt_work ...

Re: IBM withdraws Windows support
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:19:21 GMT | "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eJxcc.417363$jH.6122276@twister.tampabay.rr.com... | | > 2. The software development web page says COBOL exists for Windows NT | > if you pull down the eye-brow to see the selections avail. there is NO | > COBOL listed | > for Windows NT, why NOT? | | Whoops! Visual Age Cobol for Windows still exists, Well, of course it does. Sooo, you fnally admit that you're a charlatan! ...

Re: Does IBM REALLY support Linux?
Floyd L. Davidson wrote: > "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadaitcha.cx> wrote: >> Floyd L. Davidson wrote: >>> "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadaitcha.cx> wrote: >>>> Floyd L. Davidson wrote: >>>>> "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadaitcha.cx> wrote: >>>>>> Floyd L. Davidson wrote: >>>>>>> "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadaitcha.cx> wrote: >>>>>>>> Floyd L. Davidson wrote: >>>>>>>>> "Kadaitcha Man" <nospam@kadai...

Re: Liant supports PL/I #6
"Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" <spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid> writes: > In <AFoNa.2537$oN.108722@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, on 07/05/2003 > at 12:08 AM, robin <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> said: > > >PL/S (?) was developed at Stanford Uni as a family of PL/I subset > > languages for teachng purposes. > > PL/S was IBM's internal languag (well, it wnet through many name > changes.) I bedlieve that the generic name you're thinking of was > PL/CS. No, the SP/k series of compilers. They also produced the SPL interpreter (PL/I dialect). > -- > Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT ...

Re: ISUB supported by Personal PL/I ?
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:58:37 GMT > re: NO REPLY... > Hmmm, its as I suspected, apparently NO current reader has > IBM Personal PL/I installed, and therefore cannot confirm > James Weinkam's statement made last year that ISUB is NOT supported. Don't make foolish assertions. He did not say that. He said that his copy did not have it. Those who have it can't be bothered replying to you. ...

Re: Liant DOES support Open PL/I
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > "Tim" <timnothy.cohsalpleangmer@apk.at> wrote in message > news:oprrrys7mrwxhha1@localhost... > > On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:13:02 GMT, robin <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> > wrote: > > > > > Tim wrote: > > > > > >> > > >> I'm sure they *do* sell PL1, they might also support it, > > > > > > You bet they do. My information direct from Liant > > > is very recent (i.e., a few months back when I asked them). > > > > > > I accept that they did and do, it's is just that the link you posted > really > > didn't say that, and I totally missed the small-but-relevant bit on > the > > other page. Now we have a link to show you-know-who, maybe, just > mybe it'll > > shut him up for more than a millisecond. (oh, look up there, it's a > pig). This is the information that I posted here around 12 May 2003. The PL/I support manager sent me this on 12 May 2003: "The platforms currently supported are " Windows XP, 2000, Me/98 (Intel) Redhat Linux (Intel) HP 9000 HP-UX SPARC Solaris 2.x Solaris ix (Intel) IBM RS/6000 AIX" What could be clearer than that? Message posted without indent to message it replies to.. When are you going to stop mis-posting messages? When are you going to reply to...

Re: Liant supports PL/I #4
Tim wrote: > > I'm sure they *do* sell PL1, they might also support it, You bet they do. My information direct from Liant is very recent (i.e., a few months back when I asked them). > Tim. On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:13:02 GMT, robin <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote: > Tim wrote: > >> >> I'm sure they *do* sell PL1, they might also support it, > > You bet they do. My information direct from Liant > is very recent (i.e., a few months back when I asked them). I accept that they did and do, it's is just that the link you posted really didn't say that, and I totally missed the small-but-relevant bit on the other page. Now we have a link to show you-know-who, maybe, just mybe it'll shut him up for more than a millisecond. (oh, look up there, it's a pig). > >> Tim. > > "Tim" <timnothy.cohsalpleangmer@apk.at> wrote in message news:oprrrys7mrwxhha1@localhost... > On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:13:02 GMT, robin <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote: > > > Tim wrote: > > > >> > >> I'm sure they *do* sell PL1, they might also support it, > > > > You bet they do. My information direct from Liant > > is very recent (i.e., a few months back when I asked them). > > > I accept that they did and do, it's is just that the link you posted really > didn't say that, and I totally missed the small-but-relevant bit ...

Re: Liant supports PL/I #5
"Kevin G. Rhoads" <Kevin.Rhoads@Dartmouth.edu> writes: > >Academics hated PL/I with a rabid fervor for reasons I never quite > >understood. PL/C was developed at Cornell University ad used widely. PL/I was developed at NY University (CUNY?) PL/S (?) was developed at Stanford Uni as a family of PL/I subset languages for teachng purposes. XPL (PL/I dialect) was developed at Stanford University. > Not all -- a dialect of PL/I was used as the implementation language > for Multics. Of course, the fact that that was from engineers who > needed to get something actually working may have had something to > do with it. The CS core people tended to be hung up on Lisp and > Lisp-oid languages at the same time that Multics was going great > guns with PL/I. > Sigh > Kevin Message posted without indent to message it replies to.. When are you going to stop mis-posting messages? When are you going to reply to complaints about your behavior? In <AFoNa.2537$oN.108722@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, on 07/05/2003 at 12:08 AM, robin <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> said: >PL/S (?) was developed at Stanford Uni as a family of PL/I subset > languages for teachng purposes. PL/S was IBM's internal languag (well, it wnet through many name changes.) I bedlieve that the generic name you're thinking of was PL/CS. -- Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT Any unsolicited bulk E-mail will be subj...

Re: IBM has not withdrawn Windows support
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > I repeat, its obvious IBM is phasing out ALL support for Windows > development. You are a charlatan; you know that is utterly false. You received a statement from Peter Elderon that your gratituous claims are false. ...

IBM continues PL/I support withdrawal
I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran) were just updated, but not PL/I.. Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats receiving development support. Bottom line: There is no Windows PL/I compiler development taking place now that IBM has apparently ceased updating Visual Age PL/I I suggest PLI'ers shud pay apt attention to my tips how to migrate their code to Fortran and ignore Robin's FICTITIOUS FAQ IE. His FAQ touts a $15,000 (you gotta be kidding) Liant PL/I that Liant doesnt include in their product SUPPORT list and havent updated in YEARS. "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<YVlub.195580$RP2.96913@twister.tampabay.rr.com>... > I note from IBM announcements that AIX languages (C,C++ and Fortran) > were just updated, but not PL/I.. > > Looks to me like PL/I is now down to just 1 compiler (for Z/OS) thats > receiving development support. > > Bottom line: > There is no Windows PL/I compiler development taking place > now that IBM has apparently ceased updating Visual Age PL/I > You remind me of a brat so impressed with his own defecation that he spreads his excrement everywhere he can. No one else is impresesd. > I suggest PLI'ers shud pay apt attention to my tips how to migrate > their code to Fortran and ignore Robin's FICTITIOUS FAQ That's an extremely stupid suggestion. Migrating code from on...

Re: IBM's PL/I
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > Robin says IBM supports PL/I with downloads but below link > doesnt even mention PL/I as a IBM product, > > http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/category.jsp?s=c&S_TACT=&S_CMP=&cat=swdev > > go to center of above web page, pull down the peephole for products, > apparently all languages have download support EXCEPT you guessed it, > PL/I You're looking in the wrong place. ...

Re: Liant supports PL/I #3
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > "robin" <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message > news:sVBMa.1453$oN.56646@newsfeeds.bigpond.com... > > "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > > > You know about it. > > > > > Yes its listed FOR SALE, surprise surprise.. > > > But it isnt listed as a current SUPPORTED product as I've > explained at > > > least twice before, go to: > > > > > Dear Richard, > > Liant stated clearly, unequivocally, and precisely > > that they currently support PL/I on the platforms > > indicated their web page. > > This is current information. > I see you snipped my link proving that LIANT does not show pl/i on > their list of current supported products, what a COVERUP ARTIST!! > > www.liant.com/support > click on "product support list" read the pdf file, NO PL/I Try http://www.liant.com/products/pl1 as you have been advised before. You'll soon find that they support PL/I. On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 13:09:19 GMT, Bill Turner, WB4ALM <wb4alm@earthlink.net> wrote: > Tim wrote: > >> >> To give David his due (spit), that page says it's for sale sure enough, >> but doesn't actually state anywhere that I can see that PL1 is actually >> *supported*, which is David's point, I think. It'...

Re: PL/I EXCEPTIONS (was: PL/I)
From: Peter Flass <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com>, Road Runner Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:18:55 GMT .. | Well, it never occurred to me either, until I wrote it. I'm not sure | it would work, although it seems valid. Actually, now that I've written | it I've thought of some uses, for example: | IF print_debug_info THEN DO; | ON ERROR PUT DATA; | END; | at the beginning of a program, so the user can control, maybe by a | run-time option, how errors are to be handled. .. You mean :- .. IF print_debug_info THEN DO; ON ERROR BEGIN; ON ERROR SYSTEM; PUT DATA; END; END; Yeah, that. robin wrote: > From: Peter Flass <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com>, Road Runner > Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:18:55 GMT > . > | Well, it never occurred to me either, until I wrote it. I'm not sure > | it would work, although it seems valid. Actually, now that I've written > | it I've thought of some uses, for example: > | IF print_debug_info THEN DO; > | ON ERROR PUT DATA; > | END; > | at the beginning of a program, so the user can control, maybe by a > | run-time option, how errors are to be handled. > . > You mean :- > . > IF print_debug_info THEN DO; > ON ERROR BEGIN; ON ERROR SYSTEM; PUT DATA; END; > END; ...

Re: PL/I ON statement (was: PL/I)
From: "Mark Yudkin" <myudkinATcompuserveDOTcom@boing.org>, CompuServe Interactive Services Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:55:48 +0100 .. | Important correction inline. .. I know that. I was referring to the case when the current procedure has been called by another. I was not clear. .. More than one ON statement can be executed in a given procedure (for the same condition), in which case the new ON-unit merely supplants the previous one. .. | "robin" <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:OUYId.131519$K7.53859@news-server.bigpond.net.au... | > Subject: Re: PL/I ON Statement (was: PL/I) | > From: "Tom Linden" <tom@kednos.com>, Kednos | > Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:25:07 -0800 | > | On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:35:18 GMT, Peter Flass <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com> wrote: | > | > Right, but only if the statement was executed, that is, the bit | > | > 'print_debug_info' had been set before executing this construct (again, | > | > so I think, I'll have to test it.) The idea is to easily control the | > | > action for ERROR, in this case the generation of debug output, at run | > | > time. | > | | > | I think a test is in order. | > | When the compiler encounters the ON stmnt | > | it knows nothing of the the IF statement, | > | > ON is an executable statement. | > It is perfectly at home in an IF statement. Or a DO loop. Or wherever. | > In this case, it i...

IBM continues to suppport and enhance its PL/I support
David Frank wrote in message ... >A couple years ago, Peter Elderon replied to my inquiry about new PL/I >development, altho he states that windows pl/i has been upgraded in tandem >with Z/os. He by omission is saying other than a windows tandem upgrade >(its being updated with fixpacks, which is not a Version upgrade), IBM is >cutting back its upgrades for other platforms, e.g. the last windows pl/i >release was 1998 v2.1 thats SEVEN YEARS ago. I've told you before that the Windows PL/I compiler was ported to z/OS. This was a new compiler for z/OS, and that there have been upgrades of the z/OS product as the inevitable bug showed up, and as well some enhancements were made to that compiler. These enhancements were also done to the Windows compiler. In other words, both compilers are current, up-to-date, and both are being upgraded together. This is to permit the same programs to be run on Windows and on z/OS with identical results. The Windows product also emulates the z/OS environment (that is, it handles both EBCDIC and ASCII, and handles little endian and big-endian formats.) The Windows compiler is up to Release 6 or so. On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:06:49 GMT, robin wrote: > e.g. the last windows pl/i > release was 1998 v2.1 thats SEVEN YEARS ago. Because PLI is stable and doesn't need "fixing" like Fortran? -- Tim C. Tim Challenger wrote in message <1125987422.3a66ad705829cf22dca9dc646182f489@teranews>...

Re: PL/I supports IEEE on PC. #2
Bob Lidral <lidral@spam.net> writes: > robin wrote: > > > From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida > > Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:30:48 GMT > > . > > [...] > > * > > * ! --------------------------------------------- > > * program how_to_show_i_can_write_a_fortran_program_that_still_doesnt_work > > * real :: x > > * real(8) :: y > > * complex(8) :: z > > . > > The previous 2 lines are not accepted by most Fortran compilers. > > Actually, I believe they are standard-conforming syntax for the > Fortran 90 and Fortran 95 language specifications though They are > illegal in Fortran 77 and earlier. These instances use kind numbers that depend on those used in a specific compiler. Different compilers use different kind numbers to specify real, double precision, etc. On another compiler, this kind number may not exist, and results in an aborted compilation. In another compiler, kind 8 may well refer to integer type, not real. > Bob Lidral > l i d r a l at a l u m dot m i t dot e d u ...

Web resources about - re: IBM PL/I is supported - comp.lang.pl1

List of authoritarian regimes supported by the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Over the last century, the United States government has often provided, and continues to provide today, financial assistance, arms, and technical ...

Facebook Audience Network Available to More Brands; Link Ads Now Supported
... it announced at its F8 global developer conference in San Francisco April 30, and the social network also announced that link ads are now supported. ...

Facebook’s cover feed coming as an option to Home-supported Android devices
... latest update for Android devices will borrow from a notable feature within Facebook Home . Starting today, Android users with Home-supported ...

PDFMate — Simple PDF Reader, Annotation Supported for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod ...
Get PDFMate — Simple PDF Reader, Annotation Supported on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Meet Jamal Maarouf, Syria's Most Moderate Rebel Leader Supported by the US Govt - YouTube
Jamal Maarouf, the leader of the so-called "Syria's Revolutionary Front" (SRF) is considered by the West as the most moderate rebel leader. This ...

Vice President's campaign to clothe the needy supported by Emiratis
Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid's charity campaign to clothe one million children in need has been hailed by residents of the UAE and its citizens. ...

'Turkey directly supported al-Qaeda in Syria'
Turkey has directly supported al-Qaeda's wing in Syria, in defiance of America, the former US ambassador has disclosed.

Adele publicly supported Kesha during her BRIT Awards speech
Kesha is in a legal battle with producer Dr....

BoQ supported on Investec buy
Bank of Queensland has won strong support for its $440m acquisition of most of Investec’s Australian business.

Asylum seeker boat turn-backs supported by 71 per cent in poll
The forced turn-back of asylum seeker boats to Indonesia has overwhelming public support in Australia, bolstering Prime Minister Tony Abbott ...