re: PL/1 professionals wanted

Work Desired:Sub ContractCitizenship:US CitizenResident Of:State:
Georgia - Area Code: 770Willing To Relocate:NoPosted By Candidate:
04/21/05Experience:More than 3 years of work-experienceTechnical Skills:
, LAN/NetworkingWork Experience:
Rodney D. Merideth
6943 Springbank Way
Stone Mountain, GA  30087
 [Send email to request phone number] 98-5384  Home
(678)-938-2202  Cell
[Send email using form at bottom]
Summary of Qualifications:
More than 22 years data processing experience with emphasis on analysis, design,
programming, technical consulting and application testing.
Skillful problem solver with attention to detail and strong analytical and
design skills.
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Hardware/Software:
AS/400:  COBOL/400, Subfiles, CL, OPNQRYF Query/400, SQL/400, SDA, RLU, DBU
IBM PC:  Visual Basic, Access, SQL, MicroFocus COBOL, DOS, Windows
IBM 30XX:  TSO/SPF, COBOL II, JCL, CICS, VSAM, TOTAL, DATACOM/DB PL/1
Professional Experience:
Hartford Omni Auto Insurance	Marietta, GA
Consultant	2002 to 2003
Rewrote Employee Online Time Tracking System to consolidate several modules and
eliminate manual processing.
Developed payment processing system to accept various forms of premium payments
and process those payments from receipt to posting using status based online work
queues.  This process provides better payment tracking and processing flow in
addition to significant reduction in manual effort and errors resulting from
manual input.
Liberty Insurance Services
Genelco Software Solutions Division	Marietta, GA
Consultant	2001 to 2002
Developed batch and online programs to support insurance premium billing and
payments via credit card.  This new process automatically creates batches,
payment transactions, and general ledger entries.  It also automatically
processes denials by reversing payments, backing out the paid to date, and
generating appropriate correspondence to the insured.
Georgia Student Finance Commission	Tucker, GA
Consultant	1999 to 2001
Lead AS/400 analyst for developing new Student Loan Origination/Disbursement
System to replace legacy UNISYS system.  Solely responsible for design,
programming, and successful installation of new online and batch applications
utilizing AS/400 COBOL, subfiles, and CL techniques.  Responsibilities included
database design, data conversion, Y2K issues, testing, and system documentation.
Developed system to print bi-monthly and quarterly loan statements in-house
resulting in a cost savings of more than 50%.
Dittler Brothers, Inc.	Oakwood, GA
Consultant	1997 to 1999
Lead analyst for American Express Skyguide Reservation Phone Number Project.
Responsibilities included gathering and analyzing information from users,
designing new system, producing technical design document, programming, testing,
and installation as well as training new programmer on AS/400.
Converted Dittler Airline Data Systems (DADS) from IBM mainframe platform to IBM
AS/400 and Oracle client server platforms.  Primary responsibilities included
analyzing current mainframe procedures and applications, including year 2000
issues, and then designing and implementing AS/400 solutions with new and
enhanced functionality.
Developed and implemented online solutions for the (DADS) Distribution System to
replace manual user procedures required to process customer distribution requests
for directories and flight time table guides.  These applications eliminated the
manual effort required by the programming staff for program and data changes and
shifted the support responsibility to the data entry area.  Utilized AS/400
COBOL, subfiles, open query file and CL techniques.
- Designed and implemented online application to track freight charges by
customer for shipping department.  Utilized AS/400 COBOL, subfiles, and CL
techniques.
American Software, Inc.	Atlanta, GA
Senior Systems Analyst	1990 to 1997
Developed a variety of custom business applications for clients such as UPS,
Toshiba, Wilson Sporting Goods, Molson Breweries, American Standard, ABB Power,
Blue Diamond Growers, C&H Sugar, Computer Sciences Corporation, Igloo, and GTE.
Also analyzed, designed, and implemented modifications to proprietary Order
Processing, Inventory Management & Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and
Financial applications per client�s requirements.  Responsibilities included
extensive onsite consultation with clients to develop objectives, review
constraints, and recommend appropriate system modifications and/or new
application design.  Additional responsibilities included writing and reviewing
design documents, programming, and developing and executing test plans.
Developed and implemented AS/400 programming solutions for the Year 2000
Millennium Project to provide compliance for all proprietary and customized
applications.  Responsibilities included evaluating source applications to
identify date sensitive code and implementing solutions requiring minimal code
modifications.  Some of the techniques used include alternate key sequencing,
windowing and file expansion.
Lead support analyst for Sales Person Forecasting system, a GUI based front-end
application to American Software�s Supply Chain Planning system, which provides
graphical access to sales forecast data operating either attached or unattached
to a LAN.  Utilized Visual Basic, Access, SQL and MicroFocus COBOL techniques.
Developed interfaces to process inbound EDI X.12 transaction sets and convert
data to format that could then be loaded into American Software's application
files.
The Sabre Group	Norcross, GA
Senior Systems Analyst	1989 to 1990
Provided mainframe online and batch support of retail sales applications in a
real time environment for this consolidated retail data processing affiliate of
Federated/Allied Department Stores.
Established conversion/installation strategy for new client installation.
Designed modifications to New Account, Authorization, Customer Service, and
Collection and Administrative Control systems.
Evaluated Datacom/DB Set-At-A-Time processing technique for new sales associate
system.  Designed, programmed and implemented model transactions using this type
of processing which significantly enhanced user flexibility.
Hallmark Cards, Inc.	Kansas City, MO
Systems Analyst	1981 to 1989
Lead analyst for mainframe mission critical automated product distribution
system used to supply all Hallmark Card stores.  Responsibilities included
support for inventory control, replenishment, and distribution applications.
Developed and implemented new inventory testing procedures for distribution
centers resulting in a process that was more efficient, less complex and easier
to maintain.
Designed and implemented Corporate Warehouse Profile system providing upper
management with valuable information used to improve long range facility
planning.
Education:  Union College, Lincoln, NE
	B.S. Business, 1979
0
robin_v4 (764)
7/24/2005 1:18:25 AM
comp.lang.pl1 1741 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

PL/1 professionals wanted
Dear anyone I am a Swiss based professional IT personnel services-consultant (major clients banking, pharma, industry, insurance) and I a currently resourcing for PL/1 professionals with banking and trasury/derivates experience for projects in Switzerland. Only EU/EFTA citizens can be considered, sorry! Pls e-mail your .doc-cv. Thank you! *** Sent From/Enviado desde: http://groups.expo.st *** On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 15:51:37 +0200, orcasol <dominic.hautle@orca.ch> wrote: > Dear anyone > > I am a Swiss based professional IT personnel services-consultant (major > clients banking, pharma, industry, insurance) and I a currently > resourcing for PL/1 professionals with banking and trasury/derivates > experience for projects in Switzerland. > > Only EU/EFTA citizens can be considered, sorry! Pls e-mail your .doc-cv. > > Thank you! > > > *** Sent From/Enviado desde: http://groups.expo.st *** > > Which platforms?, OpenVMS or MVS and its antecedents? ...

XHTML 1.1 spec: lang and xml:lang
Hello, I've looked at the latest XHTML spec from 2009-05-07. Referring to http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/abstract_modules.html#s_commonatts In the I18N module, there are only two attributes listed: dir and xml:lang. The note in the last paragraph says: "Finally, note that the I18N collection only contains the xml:lang attribute unless the Bi- directional Text Module module is selected." This is fine, but... http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/doctype.html says (last paragraph): "This specification also adds the lang attribute to the I18N attribute c...

RE: Correction re. 1`2 == 1*^-10
Well since 1`2 == 0 is true as well - and 1`2 == 2 as well (implying 0 == 2, I guess ;-) ), I'd focus on the "`2" accuracy. It appears that "1`2 == x ; -.28 � x � 2.28" or 1+/-1.28. Not quiet sure what the significance is of 1.28 as an allowed approximation range, but ... Would be interesting to check the true range of `3, `4, etc. accuracy and see if there is a underlying reason. Paul -----Original Message----- From: Chris Chiasson [mailto:chris@chiasson.name] Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:41 AM To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net Subject: Correction re. 1`2...

Re: PL/I CANT 1
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > "glen herrmannsfeldt" <gah@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote in message > news:t3iKb.292310$_M.1577423@attbi_s54... > > robin wrote: > > >>1. CANT read arbitrary file into exact size array. > > (snip) > > > > > read_any_file: proc options (main); > > > dcl isize fixed (31), i fixed (31), c char(1); > > > dcl buf (*) char(1) controlled; > > > inquire (anyfile, isize); > > > allocate buf(isize); > > > get file (anyfile) edit (buf) (a(1)); > > > put edit (buf) (a); > > > put ('size file (bytes) =',size(buf)); > > > end; > > > > Maybe. Well, C has a newline character as part of the language. > > > > Do you expect newlines to be stored in the array from Fortran or > PL/I? > > > > That would be pretty strange to me. > > > > INQUIRE doesn't seem to be in the PL/I reference manual > > on the IBM web site. > > > > Many file systems don't provide the information needed for INQUIRE, > > so it could only be done by reading the file. > It seems no-one grasps what ANYFILE means. We do. It is only you who doesn't understand what PL/I reads ANYFILE with GET and READ statements because CR and LF are NOT special codes that are treated as data. ...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

RE: PL/1 users, where are you?
Most of our PL/I customers aren't on this list, so I have forwarded Didier's posting to them. Whether or not they respond, I don't know I can confirm the previous posting that there a number of defense related agencies in a number of countries that use PL/I. The preliminary indications that I have gotten are not so much what they will do with their PL/I code, but whether they will stay with VMS, and I believe Keith Lewis and Jeff Goodwin articulated that position as well. >-----Original Message----- >From: John Smith [mailto:a@nonymous.com] >Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 8:15 AM >To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com >Subject: Re: PL/1 users, where are you? > > >Didier Morandi wrote: >> TWO people interested in PL/1 among all you readers????????????????? > >The other statistic that's worth noting is the number of systems affected. > >Two people could be speaking for a total of two servers or 12,000 servers. > > >--- >Incoming mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.518 / Virus Database: 316 - Release Date: 9/11/2003 > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.518 / Virus Database: 316 - Release Date: 9/11/2003 Tom Linden wrote: > Most of our PL/I customers aren't on this list, so I have forwarded > Didier's posting to them. Whether or not they resp...

re: PL/I CAN
> 1. CANT read arbitrary file > ! ---------------------- > program read_ANY_file ! With this CVF program > integer,external :: stat > integer :: n, istat(12) > integer(1),allocatable :: buf(:) > n = stat('anyfile',istat) > allocate ( buf(istat(8)) ) > open (1,file='anyfile',form='binary') > read (1) buf > write (*,*) 'size file (bytes) =',size(buf) > end program .. You lie. I have posted several programs showing that PL/I can read any arbitrary file, and have explicitly stated that PL/I has been able to do this since 1966. .. BTW, your code is not Fortran - Your code relies on a vendor function and a vendor extension. PL/I does not need such gimmicks, as it has been able to read arbitrary files since 1966. Fortan on the other hand has been around since 1956, and still can't do it portably and reliably. "robin" <ro|bin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:1bbzb.36925$aT.27657@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > > 1. CANT read arbitrary file > > ! ---------------------- > > program read_ANY_file ! With this CVF program > > integer,external :: stat > > integer :: n, istat(12) > > integer(1),allocatable :: buf(:) > > n = stat('anyfile',istat) > > allocate ( buf(istat(8)) ) > > open (1,file='anyfile',form='binary') > > read (1) buf >...

Re: 1-liner wanted #2
On 9/23/11 at 3:43 AM, KHO@statoil.com (Kent Holing) wrote: >Let's assume we have a list of elements of the type {x,y,z} for x, y >and z integers. And, if needed we assume x < y < z. We also assume >that the list contains at least 3 such triples. >Can Mathematica easily solve the following problem? To detect at >least three elements from the list of the type {a,b,.}, {b,c,.} and >{a,c,.}? I am more intereseted in an elegant 1-liner than >computational efficient solutions. >Example: Givenlist >={1,2,3},{2,4,5],{6,7,8},{1,4,6},{7,8,9},{11,12,13...

Re: PL/I CANT 1 #2
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > "glen herrmannsfeldt" <gah@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote in message > news:KeDLb.8100$nt4.13486@attbi_s51... > > > > (someone wrote) > > > > > In the case of reading a large EXE,ZIP,DAT,etc file all combos of > > > CF LF and other text parsing gotcha's are expected to be > encountered > > > interfering with the natural parsing input of a text edit read > > > into a EXACT #bytes input of ANYFILE. > > > > Binary files should NOT be read with stream I/O statements. > > > > There is an entirely separate set of statements for record I/O > > to be used for such files. > > > > Assuming the question was to read a text file completely, > > neither Fortran nor PL/I expect newline characters in text. > > > > C does use newline characters in text lines, so that question > > would make sense in C. > > > > In both Fortran and PL/I I would expect the internal form of > > reading a text file to be an array of lines, where each line > > is a character string of the appropriate length. > > > > -- glen > > someone, > still doesnt understand that reading ANYFILE with same code, > MEANS READING ANYFILE WITH SAME CODE. That someone is Frank. ...

Attach and PL/1 using Enterprise PL/1 Compiler V 3.3
Hallo, does anybody have a simple PL/1 sample Program which does subtasking using ATTACH-statement or using POSIX-calls? If you have, please send it to me. Thanks Gottfried ...

PL/1 Version 1.1 and z/OS support
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver 1.1? Thanks, Ron. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > I would expect it would probably *run*, baring LE incompatibalities (score one for static libraries). Hasn't EOS been announced for 1.1? Most of the incompatibilities with Enterprise PL/I have now been corrected. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > > > Thanks, > Ron. > I have used it in vendor software running in a number of shops - some quite large - and no reports of problems so far. I would expect programs compiled in it to run correctly for quite a few years to come. So, in summary: No worries! PL/I for MVS and VM still works great. Ah yes. "The last of the mainframe compilers...". The compilers written in PL/I (VisualAge and later) cannot produce a load module which can (correctly) be marked as RENT. Not a big issue for the programmer I suppose, but I do like that subpool 252 storage protection. (Actually, in my current job, I'm using OS PL/I V2R3 (with PL/I transient library ahead of the LE runtime library) on OS/390 2.8. PL/I for MVS and VM would be luxury. <sigh> DB2 V5. IMS V6. Gotta love it. <g>) Cheers, Greg ...

Re: PL/1 Personal license terms
"Richard Dell" <rfdell@gotadsl.co.uk> writes: > I have PL/1 personal for Windows, and have been unable to determine the license > terms - no info in the installation pack and none on IBM's website. I would > infer from other license terms that being "personal" implies that the product is > licensed to the individual to which it was sold only. > > This means that installation on a work machine AND: EITHER a laptop OR home > computer is presumably OK. I think that it applies to one machine only. > De-installation from work machine and reinstallation on another work machine for > use by another would presumably be in breach of license. > > Any advice appreciated. Our company is getting very strict on such terms, but I > am being asked to move the product around for others to use. > > TIA, Richard ...

Re: PL/I EXCEPTIONS (was: PL/I)
From: Peter Flass <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com>, Road Runner Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:18:55 GMT .. | Well, it never occurred to me either, until I wrote it. I'm not sure | it would work, although it seems valid. Actually, now that I've written | it I've thought of some uses, for example: | IF print_debug_info THEN DO; | ON ERROR PUT DATA; | END; | at the beginning of a program, so the user can control, maybe by a | run-time option, how errors are to be handled. .. You mean :- .. IF print_debug_info THEN DO; ON ERROR BEGIN; ON ERROR SYSTEM; PUT DATA; END; END; Yeah, that. robin wrote: > From: Peter Flass <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com>, Road Runner > Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:18:55 GMT > . > | Well, it never occurred to me either, until I wrote it. I'm not sure > | it would work, although it seems valid. Actually, now that I've written > | it I've thought of some uses, for example: > | IF print_debug_info THEN DO; > | ON ERROR PUT DATA; > | END; > | at the beginning of a program, so the user can control, maybe by a > | run-time option, how errors are to be handled. > . > You mean :- > . > IF print_debug_info THEN DO; > ON ERROR BEGIN; ON ERROR SYSTEM; PUT DATA; END; > END; ...

I want. I want. I want
If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic micro do you think they might consider me. ( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) Rob On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 05:10:46 +0000, Rob Last <rob@robsbots.co.uk> wrote: >If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic >micro do you think they might consider me. > >( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) > >Rob > No, you will need to improve your writing skills so we know who "they" are. Should have been a reply to the Engineer Jobs..... Si Ballenger wrote: > On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 05:10:46 +0000, Rob Last <rob@robsbots.co.uk> > wrote: > >> If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic >> micro do you think they might consider me. >> >> ( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) >> >> Rob >> > > No, you will need to improve your writing skills so we know who > "they" are. ...

Re: PL/I ON statement (was: PL/I)
From: "Mark Yudkin" <myudkinATcompuserveDOTcom@boing.org>, CompuServe Interactive Services Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:55:48 +0100 .. | Important correction inline. .. I know that. I was referring to the case when the current procedure has been called by another. I was not clear. .. More than one ON statement can be executed in a given procedure (for the same condition), in which case the new ON-unit merely supplants the previous one. .. | "robin" <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:OUYId.131519$K7.53859@news-server.bigpond.net.au... | > Subject: Re: PL/I ON Statement (was: PL/I) | > From: "Tom Linden" <tom@kednos.com>, Kednos | > Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:25:07 -0800 | > | On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:35:18 GMT, Peter Flass <Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com> wrote: | > | > Right, but only if the statement was executed, that is, the bit | > | > 'print_debug_info' had been set before executing this construct (again, | > | > so I think, I'll have to test it.) The idea is to easily control the | > | > action for ERROR, in this case the generation of debug output, at run | > | > time. | > | | > | I think a test is in order. | > | When the compiler encounters the ON stmnt | > | it knows nothing of the the IF statement, | > | > ON is an executable statement. | > It is perfectly at home in an IF statement. Or a DO loop. Or wherever. | > In this case, it i...

iseries or AS/400 PL/1 compiler wanted!
Hi everybody. I'm looking for someone that has 5799-GCG installed on his iSeries. I'm running OS/400 V4R3M0 on my 9402-170 and I'm needing to compile some programs in PL/1, but I don't have a PL/1 compiler yet. Does somebody have 5799-GCG installed and could save as with SAVLICPGM into a save file and send it to me ? Regards, Joey. Found by IBM: -------------------------------------------------------------- AS/400 PL/I PRPQ V4R2 CD-ROM (LCD4-1810-00) Abstract: This CD contains the object code for AS/400 PL/I PRPQ V4R2 It is not separately orderable. ------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

REI Partner 1.0.0.1
REI PartnerTM is a software solution designed by real estate investors, for real estate investors. We've taken our own real estate investment experience and combined it with knowledge contributed by many top-notch professionals in the industry to bring you a program that we think you will find indespensible as a real estate investor yourself. REI PartnerTM consists of several components: Cash Flow Analysis Document / Photo / URL Importing Tasks / Notes Contacts Download your free trial copy from our web site at http://www.murrayhilltech.com .. ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Newly Released Mathematica 5.1 Delivers Unmatched Performance for Handling Data
John, I was thinking of angular measurement. The following works... Needs["Miscellaneous`Units`"] Convert[(Pi/4)*Radian, �] 45 � but the following, using an approximate value, does not work because Degree immediately multiplies out undoing the conversion. Convert[1.35 Radian, �] 1.35 The ExtendUnits package at my web site fixes this but at the expense of putting a HoldForm on the degree symbol. Needs["Miscellaneous`V4ExtendUnits`"] 1.35 Radian // ToUnit[�] % // FullForm 77.3493 � Times[77.34930234266115`, HoldForm[Degree]] Since I generally...

RE: Workbench 1.0 -> 1.1 upgrade issues
Ok, this begs the question - what am I missing in Workbench 1.1? I'm switching to Mathematica 6 because we're benefiting from using Manipulate in a lot of calculations. Anyone know what I get for all the hard work re-installing plug-ins? Maybe I should let someone else in our group try upgrading first! Hywel > -----Original Message----- > From: Murray Eisenberg [mailto:murray@math.umass.edu] > Sent: 29 July 2007 05:18 > To: mathgroup@smc.vnet.net > Subject: Workbench 1.0 -> 1.1 upgrade issues > > I posted here, and wrote to WRI support abou...

Re: PL/I CAN #18 string-handling 1
robin <rob|in_v@bigpond.mapson.com> writes: > Subject: CANT #18 string-handling 1 > From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida > Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:21:13 GMT > > > 18. CANT find index to last word using ONLY a 3 statement loop. > > ! ------------------------ > > program string_handling_1 ! #1 in a series > > character(80) :: line = & > > 'The quick brown fox ' // & ! commenting is legal > > "jumped over the lazy dog's back." ! "text" is legal > > > > do i = len_trim(line),1,-1 ! reverse scan > > if (line(i:i) == ' ') exit ! last word index found > > end do > > write (*,*) 'last word =',line(i:len_trim(line)) > > end program > > !Outputs: last word = back. > > In PL/I, all that's required is: > > put ('last word=', substr (line, searchr(line, ' ')) ); > > one statement, no loops, given that there's more than one word > (which your code assumes, and fails if there is only one). put ('last word = ' || substr (line, searchr(line, ' ')+1) ); overcomes the bug in the Fortran code. ...

re: PL/I CAN #18 string-handling 1
From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:02:20 GMT > "robin" <rob|in_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:3JSEb.59056$aT.16838@news-server.bigpond.net.au... >> >> It begins its search at the end of the string (namely, the >> period (.) ), because the declaration in PL/I is a varying >> string. >> >> Here is the PL/I declaration: >> >> dcl line character (80) varying initial ( etc > > There is no guarantee that trailing blanks dont exist, > ie. a different string declaration, > a record read from file.. You still don't get it. There is every guarantee that it does, because: 1. I used PL/I's superior VARYING strings; and 2. The initialization constant has NO trailing blank in it. GET IT NOW ? > which means that any function scanning in reverse exits > at the 1st trailing blank. Frayed knot. "robin" <rob|in_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:0gCFb.61843$aT.45678@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > From: "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com>, RoadRunner - Central Florida > Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:02:20 GMT > > > "robin" <rob|in_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message news:3JSEb.59056$aT.16838@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > >> > >> It begins its search at the end of the string (namely, the > >> perio...

If you have $2, and you only want $1, you're a rich top.
<PRE Style='Font-Family: OCR A !important;'><big><big>  If you have $1 Billion, and you want $2B, you're poor, submissive. If you have $2, and you only want $1, you're a rich top. On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 5:52:47 AM UTC-4, Jeff-Relf.Me wrote: > =A0 > If you have $1 Billion, and you want $2B, you're poor, submissive. >=20 > If you have $2, and you only want $1, you're a rich top. YOU are a Loony Toon. Go buy a pair of eyeglasses, Fool! ...

Re: Split CI farm MSCP=1 TMSCP=1 ALLOCLASS=1
I also got to thinking about this a bit more - Since each CI SC has 2 or 3 controller pairs I should set the MSCP/TMSCP allocation class uniquely for each pair. J*o*h*n B*r*a*n*d*o*n VMS Systems Administrator firstname.lastname.spam.me.not@dalsemi.com ...

Re: OT: Want to win $1 million? Try this #2
My guess is that Quebec has some kind of law that either prohibits this type of contest or perhaps the contest management can't be bothered to meet some law's requirements. It probably deals with language. Quebec's language laws are unbelievable. Also, that should be: "Les maudits anglais." You had dropped an 's'. Denys -----Original Message----- From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU] On Behalf Of Penney, John Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 11:46 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Want to win $...

Web resources about - re: PL/1 professionals wanted - comp.lang.pl1

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, occupations such as skilled construction ...

Michael Lawler's Four Corners appearance did 'devastating damage' to his professional standing: report ...
Michael Lawler &quot;destroyed public confidence&quot; in his ability to hold high quasi-judicial office and behaved &quot;dishonourably&quot; ...

Michael Lawler's Four Corners appearance did 'devastating damage' to his professional standing: report ...
Michael Lawler "destroyed public confidence" in his ability to hold high quasi-judicial office and behaved "dishonourably" by participating in ...

ClipCall Connects Users With Service Professionals Through Video
ClipCall has announced the official public launch of its app on iOS and Android. The video home repair app allows users to record videos of their ...

Most IT professionals believe current privacy and consent tools are inadequate
The regulatory environment for data is in a state of change at the moment with many countries introducing legislation to control the flow of ...

Professional Chinese hackers are responsible for U.S. ransomware attacks
Ransomware is a kind of cyber attack that’s growing in popularity. Here's how it works: hackers infiltrate computers, encrypt files you want ...

How emerging consumer and professional healthcare trends are driving interest in wearable devices
The wearables technology market —which includes smartwatches and fitness trackers — continues to grow, but nagging questions remain: Where and ...

This Cat Should Put "Professional Bug Catcher" on Its Resume
Submitted by: (via MeisterStenz ) Tagged: bugs , Cats Share on Facebook

How to take a professional selfie
A professional headshot is essential when we have something to sell. We may be selling products and services as a marketer. We may be selling ...

Camps are "an important resource for urban professionals"
Architects should study refugee camps like the Jungle in France, according to Sophie Flinder, who argues the camp has become a functioning town ...