Ghostscript on HP Inkjet printer, under Windows

I found a page about IJS drivers for HP inkjet printer, to be used with
Ghostscript under Linux:

http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/

Is it possible use them to do quality Postscript printing with Ghostscript
under Microsoft Windows ?

comp.lang.postscript 3552 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

** Reply to message from "Jean Delori" <jean.delori@free.fr> on Sat, 19
Mar 2005 20:46:48 +0100

Saturday, March 19, 2005

> Is it possible use them to do quality Postscript printing with Ghostscript
> under Microsoft Windows ?

Yes.  I do this with GS for my DOS programs (and for Star Office 7 and
8 when I need to print Type 1 fonts to my HP842c)--although I generally
do not use the IJS with Windows.  I have GSView installed and spool the
PS file to for handling by GSprint using a file called PrintFile.

Phil

===========================

(Rev.) Philip Griffin-Allwood, Ph.D.
Supply Minister,
St. Andrew's United Church,
Halifax, N.S.
drphil@eastlink.ca
http://users.eastlink.ca/~standrewsunited
0
drphil1 (15)

HP Universal printer driver Postscript, old Postscript 2 printer and Acrobat 8
hello, I've installed the Universal printer driver Postscript, downloaded at http://www.hp.com/go/upd I've a problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 and two old printer with Postscript level 2 support (Laserjet 2200 and Color Laserjet 4500). Some document are not printed, and I got only a page which say I had send a postscript level 3 document to the printer. When I use the standard PS driver within Windows (and not the universal HP drivers), and I do File Print... Advanced option in Acrobat 8, I got "level 2 Postscript" in Poscript option. When I use the HP UPD PS driver , and I do File Print... Advanced option in Acrobat 8, I got "level 3 Postscript" in Poscript option. Manually revert to Postscript 2 did not always solves the problem Gilles Vollant wrote: > hello, > I've installed the Universal printer driver Postscript, downloaded at > http://www.hp.com/go/upd > > I've a problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 and two old printer with Postscript > level 2 support (Laserjet 2200 and Color Laserjet 4500). When I had to produce postscript prints, I was using Linotronic drivers (don't remember the number, probably any will work). Not a single problem with compatibility. It was with Win2K. -- Jerry1111 Yes, I just wanted use HP universal driver which has some cool feature ...

Adobe Reader 8 under Windows XP fail to print on HP Laserjet 4 SI MX Postscript level 2 printer
Demo of error between Acrobat Reader 8 and HP Laserjet 4 SI MX printer HP Laserjet 4 SI MX printer is a Postscript level 2 printer. This is a old but very good ans solid printer. This printer is 600dpi printer, with 10MB of memory All Postscript print run very well (including very complex printing), except printing from Adobe Reader 8 under Windows XP SP2. Printing from older Adobe Acrobat or reader (7 or previous) were good. Printing from Adobe reader 8 fail always minitext.pdf : a very small PDF sample minitext_hp_rd8-xp.ps : result of "printing to file" minitext_hp_rd8-xp_ps_error.txt : the page printed by the HP Laserjet 4 SI MX printer minitext_hp_rd8-xp.ps file is printed well on some other postscript printer, like HP Laserjet 2100 (HP Postscript level 2 emulation), Canon LBP1760 with PS option (Adobe Postscript level 3) The only solution is using PCL to print from Adobe Reader 8 file are in http://gvollant.free.fr/bug_print_adobe_8_old_ps_printer.zip error message in the output page is : ERROR: typecheck OFFENDING COMMAND: known STACK: /@shouldNotDisappearDictValue true /CTHasResourceForAllBug false false Gilles Vollant wrote: > Demo of error between Acrobat Reader 8 and HP Laserjet 4 SI MX printer > > HP Laserjet 4 SI MX printer is a Postscript level 2 printer. > This is a old but very good ans solid printer. > This printer is 600dpi printer, with 10MB of memory > > All Postscript print run very well (including very co...

Adobe Reader 8 under Windows XP fail to print on HP Laserjet 4 SI MX Postscript level 2 printer
HP Laserjet 4 SI MX printer is a Postscript level 2 printer. This is a old but very good ans solid printer. This printer is 600dpi printer, with 10MB of memory All Postscript print run very well (including very complex printing), except printing from Adobe Reader 8 under Windows XP SP2. Printing from older Adobe Acrobat or reader (7 or previous) were good. Printing from Adobe reader 8 fail always Demo of error between Acrobat Reader 8 and HP Laserjet 4 SI MX printer minitext.pdf : a very small PDF sample minitext_hp_rd8-xp.ps : result of "printing to file" minitext_hp_rd8-xp_...

New printer time eek. .need duplex,economy,laser or inkjet (HP inkjet)
My HP 950C was doing great, then it started to play up. An upgrade or two later including Vista means my trusty 950c with duplex unit has bit the dust. Sooooo, I'm looking for a current model (I need vista drivers for it) printer. A mono laser would do or a deskjet, I'd very much like Duplex and cheapish to buy and cheap to run. I'm on Dialup in Australia so web research on this is killing me. Any ideas? "Anon" <spareemail.news@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1180455356.825976.138880@a26g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > My HP 950C was d...

Win32::Printer -> override the window printer window
Hello, I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer, without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::Printer module? Dave diavolo-verde@libero.it wrote: > I my application I would like to send the data to the default printer, > without any user action, is it possible using Wind32::Printer module? What did you find when you read the documentation for Win32::Printer, searching specifically for words like "default printer"? Paul Lalli Paul Lalli ha scritto: > diavolo-verde@libero.it wrote: > > > I my application I would like to...

HP Printer software in Windows
I have a HP 2600N and a C7280. Both printers have their own software and icons which load into Windows and reside on my desktop. Do I need them? Do I need the HP 2600N Toolbox and the similar software for the C7280? If it's safe to remove them I will do so and reduce the number of apps which load on boot. If there is a better group to post for this just let me know. Thanks. ...

OT: HP printers on Windows
Don't know if anyone cares, but I have 2 HP 256x printers working wonderfully under Windows. I used the Windows text driver and inserted some PCL commands to initialize the printer and set form sizes. All works great and it was a nice way of continuing to use some good 3k-type equipment in the windows world. If there is interest I can send more details to individuals or the list. ---- ALso, still have terminals, 2 2567 printers, 2 DTCs & 1 9-track tape drive available, all cheap in the DC Area (Tyson's Corner). -Franco * To join/leave the list, search arc...

HP G85 Inkjet printer
Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see much posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one and just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete I am assuming the reason that you do not see too much on HP printer is because there is really not too many problems with their printheads since you get a new one with each cart change. Since they are much harder to refill most people do not bother so there are far fewer problems cause by much of the inferior aftermarket inks. Most of the refillers tend to gravitate to Epson with the balance going to Canon. Pete wrote: >Its been a year or so since I checked this news group. I don't see much >posted on HP printers. I think I know why. I have a HP G85 all in one and >just went over 28,000 copies and never had a problem with it. Pete > > > > Oh dear -- --- ..- ... . ... .... .. - . what an ignorant little boy you are Fact 1: More HP cartridges are refilled by professionals than any other manufacturers cartridges. Fact 2: HP cartridges are easy to refill if you have the right equipment (professionals use this equipment).. Fact 3: HP cartridges (or at least most of them) are well made and accommodate refilling several times, there are exceptions and we don't refill those. Fact 4: Good remanufacturers give exactly the same warranty as the OEM cartridge carries, HP or otherwise. I do ...

hp inkjet printer recommendations
Looking for a new hp inkjet printer to replace my hp940c. Would like one that does a full A4 size print also large cartridges similar to my 940c (25ml black) seems like the new ones have very small cartridges. Any recommendations please? thanks In article <m3uYb.1580$AQ4.452591@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>, nospam@virgin.net says... > Looking for a new hp inkjet printer to replace my hp940c. Would like one > that does a full A4 size print also large cartridges similar to my 940c > (25ml black) seems like the new ones have very small cartridges. > Any recommendations please? The 6122 is the closest direct replacement for the 9xx series. It uses the full 42ml black (your 940 uses the 25ml #15, which costs the same, or more, than the 42ml #45.) The 6122 uses the same #78D/78A (D=19ml, A=38ml) for color. -- If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying! All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!! http://home.att.net/~andyross "Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message news:MPG.1a9c512765482eef989913@news.comcast.giganews.com... > In article <m3uYb.1580$AQ4.452591@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>, > nospam@virgin.net says... > > Looking for a new hp inkjet printer to replace my hp940c. Would like one > > that does a full A4 size print also large cartridges similar to my 940c > > (25ml black)...

Repair of a HP 970CSE inkjet printer
I have a HP 970CSE printer and it no longer prints. It keeps saying there is a problem with the black ink cartridge even when a new one is installed. I really like this printer though and I was wondering if there is a way for me to repair it. I did notice that some of the ink cartridges that I was using were leaking and I was wondering if I take it apart and clean it up really well whether that might help. I would really like to get this printer repaired somehow. I did buy a new HP5550, but I really don't like it as well. Roger Roger I have two HP970 and I have cleaned both of them It isn't a difficult job and I do it by removing the cover and placing the side of the unit were the cartridges rest, under the water tap. Avoid the motors and the pc board ... ... but I don't think that is your problem . Your problem must be on the pins that make contact with the cartridge. It is not uncommon. It has been reported before and there is un application note on the subject on the HP site but you don't need it Just use a piece of cloth and rubbing alcohol. Vlad On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 20:28:57 GMT, "R.H." <rogerh40NoSpam@mindspring.com> wrote: >I have a HP 970CSE printer and it no longer prints. It keeps saying >there is a problem with the black ink cartridge even when a new one is >installed. I really like this printer though and I was wondering if >there is a way for me to repair it. ...

I have HP 630c Inkjet Color Printer..
Hi all, I have HP 630C Inkjet Color pritner but I didnt use so long..I think dont use it more than 2 years...Now I need a Printer what is you advice? wheather I use it again or buy a new new one...If I use the ol one means It will work properly? Any one here using Inkje Printer...?Advice me ... Regard -- joshua7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- joshua77's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=101 View this thread: http://www.futurehardware.in/showthread.php?t=57553 Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.i ...

Fed up with my HP 5650 Inkjet printer
I bought this HP 5650 Inkjet printer two years ago after having owned several Epsons. I wasn't all that thrilled with the Epsons, as they seemed to run out of ink very fast and die shortly after the warranty ran out. The HP5650 was better in some ways and worse in others. The cartridges were more expensive but lasted longer. (I do mostly B&W printing). A few months ago, I installed Mac OS System X, 10.4.6 (Tiger) and also installed the proper drivers for it. The printer now crawled , and many of the earlier features, such as ink level remaining, disappeared. I emaile...

Not *too* far off-topic: Windows and Postscript printers
I'm looking for someone fluent in Windows-thought. I'm under Windows. I have a PostScript image. I have a PostScript printer. How should I think of getting the latter to do some- thing with the former? Would it help to know whether the printer is direct-connected, or "on the network"? -- Cameron Laird <claird@phaseit.net> Business: http://www.Phaseit.net Cameron Laird wrote: > I'm looking for someone fluent in Windows-thought. I'm under > Windows. I have a PostScript image. I have a PostScript > printer. How should I think of getting the latter to do some- > thing with the former? > > Would it help to know whether the printer is direct-connected, > or "on the network"? <guess> Did you try Drag&Drop onto the printer icon in WinExplorer? Cameron Laird wrote: > I'm looking for someone fluent in Windows-thought. I'm under > Windows. I have a PostScript image. I have a PostScript > printer. How should I think of getting the latter to do some- > thing with the former? > > Would it help to know whether the printer is direct-connected, > or "on the network"? Many solutions possible: ghostview copy directly to the com port/printer port .... .... Michael Cameron Laird wrote: > I'm looking for someone fluent in Windows-thought. I'm under > Windows. I have a PostScript image. I have a PostScript > printer. How should I think of ...

HP 2600 InkJet printers -- any good?
Hi We're (a publisher) looking for a basic but reasonable A3 PostScript colour inkjet printer and the HP 2600 looks to fit our needs. Does anyone in this group have experience of this printer? We're not after complex calibrated prints here just a workaday colour inkjet that combines reasonable speed with PostScript/A3. Ta muchly for any feedback Graham We bought a 2600CM at work (to replace the HP 1220C they bought when I suggested a 2500CM --- they bought the replacement when I went on vacation for a week and wasn't around to stay late and top it off before leaving for the evening and return at midnight to reload the paper tray so it could print 24/7). The 2600 has worked out quite nicely (and I rarely have to stay late to load paper in it). A few observations: - with heavy usage the metal bar the inkjet head travels on becomes coated with the overspray from the ink and makes the printer squeak --- wiping this off with a cleaner (I used rubbing alcohol) will fix / prevent this. Careful not to spill any liquid inside though. - the paper feed can be finicky sometimes --- if the paper has a ``this side up'' indication, follow it. If you're having trouble, flip the paper in the tray over, and always load _all_ of the paper oriented in the same direction. HTH! William -- William Adams http://members.aol.com/willadams Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow. William F. Adams <willadams@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040805215208.158...

Will Ghostscript print to my windows printer?
If so how? ** Reply to message from "SpreadTooThin" <bobrien18@yahoo.com> on 1 Aug 2006 10:08:30 -0700 Tuesday 01 August 2006 > If so how? [1] If you are using Windows, use GSprint. [2] We need to know the printer--GS come with drivers for most printers. Phil =========================== (Rev.) Philip Griffin-Allwood, Ph.D. Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada pgaga@auracom.com http://www.glinx.com/~grifwood Philip Griffin-Allwood wrote: > ** Reply to message from "SpreadTooThin" <bobrien18@yahoo.com> on 1 Aug > 2006 10:08:30 -0700 > > Tuesday 01 August 2006 > > > If so how? > > [1] If you are using Windows, use GSprint. > > [2] We need to know the printer--GS come with drivers for most printers. [3] As a third choice, not noticeably better than the other two, use the mswinpr driver, which prints (somewhat slowly) to any Windows printer. Philip Griffin-Allwood wrote: > ** Reply to message from "SpreadTooThin" <bobrien18@yahoo.com> on 1 Aug > 2006 10:08:30 -0700 > > Tuesday 01 August 2006 > > > If so how? > > [1] If you are using Windows, use GSprint. > > [2] We need to know the printer--GS come with drivers for most printers. > It is a HP Deskjet 5150.. (Who's MACS drivers are not network ready.) Therefore I need to setup a network postcript printer on Win2k. The mac will print to the network postscript printer. I think redmon will emulate a...

Fix for epileptic HP inkjet printer
Update on HP printer-problem "cure": Some months ago, I reported that some strange problems with HP printers can be cured by just swabbing the plastic strip that runs just behind the print head for the width of the printer. The strip is bar coded, and the printer uses it to locate and to position the printhead. The swabbing I mentioned consisted of dampening a q-tip and then running it back and forth on both sides of the strip for its entire length. The particular problem I was hoping to cure was the printer's often throwing a catatonic fit, seizing up, its lights blinking back and forth, and its buttons unresponsive. In my earlier message, I touted the swabbing as having fixed the printer. Well, it turns out that the problem recurred. I then tried this swabbing remedy again, multiple times. And each time the problem eventually recurred. At one point, on the last of those occasions, while fiddling with the printer, I absent-mindedly pinched the plastic strip lightly between my thumb and forefinger, and ran my fingers back and forth along the strip. Suddenly I noticed something: Something that felt like a tiny pimple. It was located just where the printhead would stop when the printer would seize up. I surmised that this was accumulated crude that the swabbing hadn't removed. Excitedly, I ran some tap water on my fingers, then ran them back and forth along the strip. With each swipe, the pimple got smaller, until eventually it vanished. I finis...

Non postscript printers and ghostscript and JetAdmin
Folks, So here's the deal. I have a Hp 1700CP inkjet printer at my facility. Unfortunately, this is NOT a postscript printer. However, it replaced a printer that WAS postscript, so as you can imagine, all solaris machines try to send PS documents to it, and the printer flips out. All solaris boxes are getting their printer lists from an NIS map called printers.conf. The printers.conf file points to the print server ( a solaris 2.5.1 machine) that has the definition of the printer on it, or should. Printers are added onto this machine via the JetAdmin utility, normally. So here is my q...

Is there an HP inkjet printer repairman in the house?
HP PSC 2210 All-in-one printer/fax/scanner/copier... desktop inkjet... Version? C8654A. And I've always LOVEd this machine. The carriage assembly that slides left and right with the ink cartridges stopped moving. I disassembled the printer... found the 2 plastic parts behind the ink cartridges, that slide on the round steel bar. Those 2 plastic parts are held together by 2 Very Small rubber parts. Those 2 tiny rubber parts broke. I contacted HP, and various local printer repair shops... cannot get those 2 tiny rubber parts ('cause HP would prefer that I buy a new pr...

Windows-Postscript-Reference-Printer-Driver
Hi My friend creates Postscript on his MS-Windows PC and I want to edit these PS-Files with my (Linux) PC. But what Printer Driver should he use? Which driver create "good" and conform plain Postscript? At the moment he uses one from HP that subsets Fonts :-( Stefan Stefan Berger wrote: > Hi > > My friend creates Postscript on his MS-Windows PC > and I want to edit these PS-Files with my (Linux) PC. > > But what Printer Driver should he use? > Which driver create "good" and conform plain Postscript? > > At the moment he uses one from HP ...

HP deskjet/inkjet printer replacement
I have a working HP Photosmart 7760 printer that has served me well. But it is getting time to think about a replacement. I'd like one just about like it but don't know what is extinct, or booby trapped, or taking a beating in the reviews. I can do labels manually, but I think I'd like a dedicated label printer or do they make a printer with an extra label maker on it? I want to continue to use 3rd party refillable cartridges. What's my options? http://www.avery.com/us/products/labelprinter/demo.html On Nov 4, 4:01 pm, DK <m...@privacy.ne...

I have a HP Deskjet 940c Inkjet printer.
While printing something out, the paper jammed and it stopped printing. When I checked the printer, I found a plastic strip about 1/8" wide and 18" long had come off the printer from somewhere. The plastic strip has a slanted hole on each end and is NOT broken in any way. If I can see where the strip fits on the printer or know where it goes, I could probably fix it myself, thereby saving some bucks. As cheap as printer's are it would probably be more cost effective just too buy a new one, but I have 2 new ink cartridges. Can anyone tell me where this strip goes, or know where I can see a schematic drawing of the printer's insides? TIA. Puffnutt wrote: > While printing something out, the paper jammed and it stopped printing. > > When I checked the printer, I found a plastic strip about 1/8" wide and > 18" long had come off the printer from somewhere. > > The plastic strip has a slanted hole on each end and is NOT broken in > any way. > > If I can see where the strip fits on the printer or know where it goes, > I could probably fix it myself, thereby saving some bucks. > > As cheap as printer's are it would probably be more cost effective just > too buy a new one, but I have 2 new ink cartridges. > > Can anyone tell me where this strip goes, or know where I can see a > schematic drawing of the printer's insides? TIA. http://www.printerwork...

HP 960 C Deskjet printer
A puzzling issue - I have paviliion running win xp sp2 (about 4 years old) and have a minor glitch when I print a document from powerpoint 2003. I was able to find a newer driver (from late 2001) and tried to install it. But the printer driver assistant "wants to close" and send error message to microsoft. I have tried several times to do this update but it fails. I tried uninstalling the software from add/remove programs but nothing happens when I try to do that. HP support had me modify the registry and remove a subfolder relating to this printer, but that also did not help and i used system restore to revert. I also tried using the installation cd to remove. it did its routine but did not remove anything and the printer still works. I cannot help but wonder if the driver install program is defective. Since i can work around the glitch I am ready to give up - but thought I would ask about this alan Where did the newer driver come from, HP or Micro$oft? If the latter, I would strenuously avoid installing hardware driver updates from the Microsoft update web site. There are too many buggy hardware drivers there, and quality control seems to not exist. I have installed hardware updates from there and had graphics go south and network adapters stop working. What is the glitch printing a PowerPoint document? Have you tried a lower resolution? Sometimes the print files generated by Microsoft Office products are extremely bloated and cause pr...

HP 8750 printer & Windows 7
Running it as a wired network printer and having problems after going to the driver that comes with Windows 7. If I try to print 8.5 by 11 (or probably any other size) borderless the printer comes up an says that the paper is too small. In short, if I choose Borderless photo 8.5 by 11 photo paper it shows that they size will be 11.14 by 8.73 thus the printer thinks my normal 8.5 by 11 is too small. If anyone has this combination of printer and OS please give it a try and post the results. Happy Holidays, Don On 12/24/2009 6:37 PM, IGot2P wrote: > Running it as a wire...

Troubles configuring a HP LaserJet printer with Ghostscript
Hello, I'm trying to configure a HP LaserJet PCL printer on Solaris 8 (sparc) and run into trouble. I created a new filter at /etc/lp/fd/laserjet.df: Input types: postscript Output types: PCL Printer types: any Printers: any Filter type: fast Command: /opt/csw/bin/gs -q -dBATCH -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=laserjet -r300 -sOutputFile=/dev/eccp0 - I registered the filter with lpfilter and "lpfilter -f all -l" shows the filter. I also tried to print directly with gs and that works as well. I created then a new printer with "/usr/sbin/lpadmin -p your_printer_name -v /dev/nul...

Web resources about - Ghostscript on HP Inkjet printer, under Windows - comp.lang.postscript

Ghostscript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ghostscript is a suite of software based on an interpreter for Adobe Systems ' PostScript and Portable Document Format (PDF) page description ...

Ghostscript 9.0 supports ICC profiles
... also supports ICC colour profiles and allows third-party Colour Management Modules (CMMs) to be integrated The developers have released Ghostscript ...

Bill Casselman's course page
PostScript is an interpreted language originally intended for use in printers.It can be used for many tasks involving complicatedgraphics, and ...

GhostPCL, GhostPDF, and GhostXPS
GhostPCL is Artifex Software's implementation of the PCL-5™ and PCL-XL™ family of page description languages. For more information please see ...

FileOptimizer can compress 33 different formats
... The program is essentially a front end for a host of other tools. Present it with a PDF file, say, and behind the scenes it’ll call up Ghostscript ...

The comet is here: Icaros 1.4 has been released!
We are really excited to announce the immediate availability of the new "point release" of Icaros Desktop, the most known distribution of the ...

Coders at Work: L Peter Deutsch
A prodigy, L Peter Deutsch started programming in the late ’50s, at age 11, when his father brought home a memo about the programming of design ...

Commands tagged mate - commandlinefu.com
Great UNIX/Bash commands tagged with mate - see these and many other invaluable command-line nuggets at commandlinefu.com

Cygwin Gold Stars
Cygwin Install Cygwin Update Cygwin Search Packages Licensing Terms Cygwin/X Community Reporting Problems Mailing Lists Newsgroups Gold Stars ...

World atlas of Flickr geotaggers is maptastic
The maps are ordered by the number of pictures taken in the central cluster of each one. This is a little unfair to aggressively polycentric ...