GhostScript - syntax to convert all files in a folder

Hello,

I just downloaded Ghostscript and am trying to figure out how to
convert all of the files in c:\cproofs from PDF to GIF (or JPG if GIF
is not possible).  all I get in resonse to my commands is "Error:
/undefined in GS".  I have about 5000 files I need to convert in that
directoy and dont want to be promted.  I have tried to read through the
docs but I am missing some fundamental port of the process.

Can anyone respond with the correct syntax?

Thanx
Mark

0
byebyemag (6)
11/10/2006 7:13:47 PM
comp.lang.postscript 3525 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Koden" <byebyemag@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I just downloaded Ghostscript and am trying to figure out how to
>convert all of the files in c:\cproofs from PDF to GIF (or JPG if GIF
>is not possible).  all I get in resonse to my commands is "Error:
>/undefined in GS".  I have about 5000 files I need to convert in that
>directoy and dont want to be promted.  I have tried to read through the
>docs but I am missing some fundamental port of the process.

GhostScript will do one at a time. Get the syntax right for doing
that, and then write a script/batch file to run it 5000 times.

Above all: gs commands that you see in documentation are DOS commands
for a DOS prompt or script. You do NOT prompt them into GhostScript's
window, this is for typing PostScript commands. You probably don't
want this window, so need to use a different command to run gs.
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite (1321)
11/10/2006 10:58:33 PM
Aandi Inston wrote:
> GhostScript will do one at a time. Get the syntax right for doing
> that, and then write a script/batch file to run it 5000 times.

The time to start up gs is probably pretty significant,
so if it is possible to start gs once and have it do
5000 files, you should win pretty big on total elapsed
time. A script like this ought to work (notice this *is*
ghostscript code, not DOS BAT code). It will not quite
do what you want if the individual pdfs are more than
a single page each; IIRC there is a way to tell
gs to write each page in a separate name.jpgnnn
file, but I'd have to look it up and maybe someone
else remembers how. I'm also just using the defaults
for jpeg resolution, quality, etc. You can specify those
with putdeviceprops too.

Note the doubled backslashes in DOS-style file names.
You might be able to use forward slashes (not doubled);
I don't have a DOS box to try it on.

There isn't a gif device, but are you sure you want
jpeg as the alternative? There are png devices and
gif and png are in the same family of image format;
jpeg is for a different purpose, and won't look very
good unless the pages are really continuous-tone
photographic stuff.

-Chap

% string suffix *ChangeSuffix* newstring
%
% returns a new string the same length as string with the last
% suffix-length bytes replaced with suffix.
% so (foo.pdf) (jpg) ChangeSuffix produces (foo.jpg). Beware this
% assumes the original string ends with a suffix the same length
% as suffix that should be replaced. different behavior could be
% implemented as an exercise.
/ChangeSuffix {
  exch dup length string copy
  dup dup length 3 index length sub 4 -1 roll putinterval
} bind def

(c:\\cproofs\\*.pdf) {
  /PreSave save def
  mark /OutputFile 2 index (jpg) ChangeSuffix
  /jpeg finddevice putdeviceprops setdevice
  run
  PreSave restore
} 128 string filenameforall

0
googrou (113)
11/11/2006 3:07:14 PM
Koden a �crit :
> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded Ghostscript and am trying to figure out how to
> convert all of the files in c:\cproofs from PDF to GIF (or JPG if GIF
> is not possible).  all I get in resonse to my commands is "Error:
> /undefined in GS".  I have about 5000 files I need to convert in that
> directoy and dont want to be promted.  I have tried to read through the
> docs but I am missing some fundamental port of the process.
>
> Can anyone respond with the correct syntax?
>
> Thanx
> Mark

Apparently, you use Windows (c:\proofs).
You can download PDFCreator. It uses Ghostscript as engine and has an
interface to prepare batch processing of different files.
It can help to solve the problem.
Otherwise, a script in python can read files in a directory and process
them with ghosyscript. This second solution can be used on any system.

Regards.

Alain
0
arwebmail (75)
11/13/2006 8:23:02 AM
"Koden" <byebyemag@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just downloaded Ghostscript and am trying to figure out how to
> convert all of the files in c:\cproofs from PDF to GIF (or JPG if GIF
> is not possible).  all I get in resonse to my commands is "Error:
> /undefined in GS".  I have about 5000 files I need to convert in that
> directoy and dont want to be promted.  I have tried to read through the
> docs but I am missing some fundamental port of the process.
>
> Can anyone respond with the correct syntax?

From a Windows command prompt, try the following
  for %i in (*.ps) do echo %i

Modify as appropriate to call ghostscript instead of "echo %i"

problem converting the postscript file to pdf using ghostscript
i have a post script file which has four pagees three pages are in Potrait and the fourth is landscape when i run command this command "gswin32c -q -dLOCALFONTS -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dAutoRotatePages=/None -sOutputFile=c:\S100834431_GScript_6.pdf -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -c ..setpdfwrite -f C:\S100834431.ps" it generates a pdf file i get the first three pages correct but the fourth page which was landscape is not displayed properly pls help me ...

html files convert to postscript files
Hi, Sometimes I hope to print the web page. I either just print directly from web browser or save the page as foo.htm and print it later. But it is a little hard to read them, because they don't look like pdf files which are easy to read. Recetnly I learned that there is a program to convert html file to ps file (which of course can be converted from ps file to pdf file). After installation, the command is html2ps. I am wondering if it works well, if you have more information about it. Thank you very much. Best Regards, Xiaoshen Xiaoshen Li <xli6@gmu.edu> wrote: >Hi, > >Sometimes I hope to print the web page. I either just print directly >from web browser or save the page as foo.htm and print it later. But it >is a little hard to read them, because they don't look like pdf files >which are easy to read. In case you have Acrobat installed on your computer you may simply open an URL in Acrobat and save the converted file. The format will be PDF. You can optionally include all web pages that are referenced by the page you are going to open. Norbert ...

Need tips regarding converting PostScript-files to TIFF-files.
Hi. I have tried several programs converting PS-files to TIFF-files without any success :-( I have some maps in PS-files (actually PS2 (not Play Station2 :-) )) wich I want to convert to TIFF-files with LZW-compression. I need to obtain the size and accuracy of the file, and the files are in size A3 (papersize) to A0. The rumor is that GhostScript will fix this, but the TIFF-file that comes out is not in the same size that goes in ang usually I loose the colors too. The reason for choosing TIFF with LZW is that this is the accepted format in our archiving system. So: I need a program that preferrably can take several color PS-files, and convert them into color TIFF-files with LZW-compression. The best way is that a program can monitor a catalogue and convert every file that is put there, but it will also be actual with a program that can batch the conversion. I hope someone can help me :-) Please send a copy of your response to: bjorge.stavik@pbe.oslo.kommune.no Thanx. Bj�rge Bj�rge Stavik: [...] >The rumor is that GhostScript will fix this, but the TIFF-file that comes >out is not in the same size that goes in ang usually I loose the colors >too. If you don't get another answer here, ask in the newsgroup comp.lang.postscript or gnu.ghostscript.bug, according to <http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/usenet.htm> these are the places where the GhostScript people will notice. Regards, Marco ...

Converting fonts in preexisting postscript files obtained from dvi files
I often wondered, wheter it is possible to convert a postscript file converted from a dvi file which contains bitmap fonts to a file with outline fonts, provided those are installed in the system. It happens quite often that one finds old papers on the net, where the fonts have been embedded in bitmap form - and they of course do not scale and look awful when converted to pdf. But the dvi file is not available! Usually, when the dvi file is available one can just convert it to pdf with dvips on a machine with outline fonts installed to have a nice ps file, and a nice pdf file from that afterwards. Maybe somebody already wrote a software package to replace the fonts. If so, does anybody knows it? thanks in advance Roberto --- "Roberto Avanzi" <roberto.avanzi@gmail.com> wrote: > I often wondered, wheter it is possible to convert a postscript file > converted from a > dvi file which contains bitmap fonts to a file with outline fonts, > provided those are > installed in the system. If the used dvips version is not too old, you can try pkfix (CTAN:support/pkfix). Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> "Roberto Avanzi" <roberto.avanzi@gmail.com> writes: >I often wondered, wheter it is possible to convert a postscript file >converted from a dvi file which contains bitmap fonts to a file with >outline fonts, provided those are installed in the system. > >It happens quite often that one f...

Open folder, read file, close file, open new folder, read file close file etc....
Hello, My current directory has several folders within it. Each folder has the same type of file within it. How do i go from the current directory, into one of the folders, edit the file, then come out of the folder, then go into another folder, edit a file then come out of the folder then into a new one etc etc etc. If this does not make sense i apologise and will try to explain my problem a little better. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Phil Phil: I'm not sure it makes sense. Personally I use the mouse and keyboard for doing this. Were you thinking of something else?...

Can I get the very same STL file if it is converted to VRML file and then converted to STL file again?
hi, guys I gotta a STL file A.stl. But I think it's too big to email. Then, I convert it to VRML file B.vrml. Finally, I want to use it again as a STL file C.stl. Then, do A.stl and C.stl have the exact precison? (or same geometry information) Actually, I want to use C.stl as the machining model. Therefore, I have to get the exactly same file as A.stl. How about JT file? almost same with VRML? I'm not familar with VRML format. But I'm very interested in it cuz it's much smaller in size than STL format. Thanks a lot, On 9 Sep 2005 14:34:27 -0700, "jave" <jave.lu@gmail.com> wrote: >hi, guys > >I gotta a STL file A.stl. But I think it's too big to email. Then, I >convert it to VRML file B.vrml. Finally, I want to use it again as a >STL file C.stl. > >Then, do A.stl and C.stl have the exact precison? (or same geometry >information) >Actually, I want to use C.stl as the machining model. Therefore, I have >to get the exactly same file as A.stl. > >How about JT file? almost same with VRML? > >I'm not familar with VRML format. But I'm very interested in it cuz >it's much smaller in size than STL format. 1. Large files for transfer to the fabricator would normally be transferred using something like ftp, not email. 2. Do you have a binary STL or an ASCII STL? The binary is much smaller. 3. Have you tried the standard compression programs (i.e., make a zip)? 4. I'm not very...

Where to find free software to convert PDF file to Postscript file in Solaris 8
Hello, Is there any free download-able Solaris 8 program to convert PDF file to PostScript file ? Something similiar to the pre-packaged "pdftops" program under /usr/ sfw/bin in Solaris 10. Thanks, Bill underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com writes: >Is there any free download-able Solaris 8 program to convert PDF file >to PostScript file ? >Something similiar to the pre-packaged "pdftops" program under /usr/ >sfw/bin in Solaris 10. Thats part of the xpdf package. You can get that from Blastwave.. underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I...

PostScript to Troff Converter (*Not Troff to PostScript Converter*)
Is a utility available to convert PostScript into a troff input file? Here's where I'm going with this... There is an existing PDF form that can be converted to PS. Using the PS ou= tput, I'd like to somehow generate an equivalent troff input file. The inp= ut file would be used as a template which would be dynamically filled by a = script, run through troff and grops to create a PS file, and from there a c= onverted to a PDF for delivery. I figure that this may be a way of getting around the use of Java's iText o= n my otherwise bare-bones BSD box, but am unsure whether it is even possibl= e to convert PS to troff input... On Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:07:22 PM UTC-5, gjwat...@gmail.com wrote: > Is a utility available to convert PostScript into a troff input file? >=20 > Here's where I'm going with this... >=20 > There is an existing PDF form that can be converted to PS. Using the PS = output, I'd like to somehow generate an equivalent troff input file. The i= nput file would be used as a template which would be dynamically filled by = a script, run through troff and grops to create a PS file, and from there a= converted to a PDF for delivery. >=20 > I figure that this may be a way of getting around the use of Java's iText= on my otherwise bare-bones BSD box, but am unsure whether it is even possi= ble to convert PS to troff input... I've never heard of such a utility and I think i...

perl module to convert a postscript image file to a jpeg/gif/xpm file
Hi, Is there any perl module to convert a postscript file to a jpeg or gif format. I create the postscript file from a canvas object which dumps the display of the canvas to the postscript file. I thought of using WinPhoto to save it in an xpm format but then again I did not know how to save the non visible portions of the window into the xpm file. I thought there might be some modules available for the conversion but couldnt find any out there. Or if there is a way to save the canvas image (both visible and invisible parts) to a suitable file then it would be great for me to use. ...

convert postscript to .frm file
Dear friends, I have a question about converting postscript file to a form file (extension .frm) which could be recognized by an existing application software. I believe this existing software was developed by Visual C++ and the users can create .frm files to generate the forms. The form file is an ASCII file and can only be recognized by the software. After the form file is saved, a corresponding postscript file will also be generated. My assignment is to convert an existing postscript to the .frm file which could be used by the software. In other words, if the user has the postscript file, he/she doesn't need to draw the form manually again. It could be saved as .frm form file which could be used with the software. (Hope it is clear...) Does anybody know some softwares or methods to solve the problem? Thanks in advance. Willie whe@cs.unt.edu wrote in news:1121285279.040686.165870 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Dear friends, > > I have a question about converting postscript file to a form file > (extension .frm) which could be recognized by an existing application > software. Willie, Does your question stem from a) an assignment for a Computer Science class? b) a research project leading to an academic degree? c) work given to you by your employer? d) other? (please specify) Hi, Jim, It is #3, a work in my company. Do you think if it is doable? Thanks, Willie Jim Land wrote: > whe@cs.unt.edu wrote in news:1121285279.040686.165870 &g...

script to convert all files in folder
Is it possible to make a paintshop pro 8.1 script that converts all files (gif/jpg...) into *.png, set the pixel to 200X100 if the size is larger, but leave the size as it is if they are smaller? ans wrote: > Is it possible to make a paintshop pro 8.1 script that converts > all files (gif/jpg...) into *.png, set the pixel to 200X100 if > the size is larger, but leave the size as it is if they are > smaller? Yes. You would probably record a script that does the format change and the resize on one image, then edit it to add the size test, for which you would need to learn a litt...

script to convert all files in folder
Is it possible to make a paintshop pro 8.1 script that converts all files (gif/jpg...) into *.png, set the pixel to 200X100 if the size is larger, but leave the size as it is if they are smaller? ans wrote: > Is it possible to make a paintshop pro 8.1 script that converts > all files (gif/jpg...) into *.png, set the pixel to 200X100 if > the size is larger, but leave the size as it is if they are > smaller? Yes. You would probably record a script that does the format change and the resize on one image, then edit it to add the size test, for which you would need to learn a litt...

need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe fileneed help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file
need help, my file folders from external drive and usb drive became exe file. my avg anti virus can detect it as trojan horse dropper agent.mqp. i dont want to remove the exe file yet because im afraid my files will be removed as well. can anyone give me another way to recover the files? -- wewet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wewet's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100316.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/virus-spyware/1184791.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Ghostscript overlaying concatenated postscript files
Hi all The following code represents 2 concatenated postscript files, the content of each page consisting of a single EPS. If the postcript file is distilled by Acrobat Distiller 5, it correctly places each eps in its own page. Ghostscript 8.00 conversely overlays each image onto a single page. What code is required to force Ghostscript to terminate each page, please? Thanking you for your assistance in advance %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%Title: C:\temp\test.tif %%Creator: %%CreationDate: 01/10/03 09:04:33 %%For: %%BoundingBox: (atend) %%EndComments %%BeginDefaults %%PageBoundingBox: 0 0 569 784 %%ViewingOrientation: 1 0 0 1 %%EndDefaults %%Page: 1 1 %%PageBoundingBox: 0 0 569 784 %%EndPageComments userdict begin /pagesave save def end %%BeginPageSetup %%EndPageSetup save /showpage {} def /setpagedevice /pop load def 0 0 translate 1 1 scale (C:/temp/output1.eps) run restore (%%[Page: 1]%%) = %%PageTrailer pagesave restore %%EOF false 0 startjob pop %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%Title: C:\temp\test.tif %%Creator: %%CreationDate: 01/10/03 09:04:35 %%For: %%BoundingBox: (atend) %%EndComments %%BeginDefaults %%PageBoundingBox: 0 0 569 784 %%ViewingOrientation: 1 0 0 1 %%EndDefaults %%Page: 2 2 %%PageBoundingBox: 0 0 569 784 %%EndPageComments userdict begin /pagesave save def end %%BeginPageSetup %%EndPageSetup save /showpage {} def /setpagedevice /pop load def 0 0 translate 1 1 scale (C:/temp/output2.eps) run restore (%%[Page: 2]%%) = %%PageTrailer pagesave rest...

Help convert pm or postscript file
I am trying to view these files from this site http://vlsi.wpi.edu/mgh/ I have tried everything ghostscript, adobe distiller, adobe pagemaker 7, I can get some of them to work with adobe 6 pro and converted them to pdf but only about 3 of them 3, 6-8 I couldnt get to work. ghostscript will open them but some of the pages are messed up when i get to them and the file closes. can somebody please convert them to pdf. or tell me how I can convert them and/or what to use to view them. also this is the first time i have ever seen postscript files can somebody drop a little knowledge on me and tell me what they are used for and if they can be printed staight how it is done. thanks for all the replys in advance. here is the error i get in adobe: Start Time: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 at 11:02 AM Source: sln3.ps Destination: C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\CMOS Solutions\sln3.pdf Adobe PDF Settings: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF 6.0\Settings\Standard.joboptions %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: m ]%% Here is the error i get in ghostscript: Unknown in Trailer section at line 79350: %%+ Belmont AFPL Ghostscript 8.14 (2004-02-20) Copyright (C) 2004 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA. All rights reserved. This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details. Displaying DSC file C:/Documents and Settings/Michael/Desktop/CMOS Solutions/sln3.ps Displaying page 1 Loading NimbusRomNo9L-Regu font from C:\gs\fonts/n021003l.pfb... 2250352 ...

Converting file folder contents into hyperlinks
I'm looking for some software that would allow me to point to a folder in Windows Explorer, and have it output an html file with hyperlinks to all of the files within that folder and all of the sub-folders. I have many folders with several dozen files and sub-folders and would like to avoid hand-coding all of the hyperlinks. Does anyone know if such software exists? Thanks in advance. scoop_77 wrote: > I'm looking for some software that would allow me to point to a > folder in Windows Explorer, and have it output an html file with > hyperlinks And this is f...

Find if a file existing within 1000s of folder/sub-folder
Hi All, I have a list of scripts which are present in various folders and this may be present in one of their sub-folder too. There are 1000s of folders and hence parsing through each folder/sub-folder is not an option. So I was trying to dir /s /b using python. Now since the file's path name is computed using other part of the code, I am feeding in a variable here and somehow it does not seem to work.. :( Intent is to run following command from python dir /s /b "c:/abc/def/ghjmain\features\XYZ\*<filename>" My present code. import subprocess for row in r...

Convert postscript file to pure black and white
I'm not knowledgeable in postscript, but I'm trying to programatically convert postscript files to pure black and white (no greyscale). So graphics become pure black, and the background remains white. I've been told to add this line "{.999 lt {0}{1}ifelse} settransfer" before the first instruction in a postscript file. This works for 95% of the graphics. Graphics that are certain colors still are not converted to black, i.e. red and cyan. Any suggestions? Is there anything in the postscript file that I should search for and change? ...

How to convert .out file to .mat file?
Hello there... I am doing analysis with wavelet toolbox, i created the fault signal with the PSCAD and save the output signal as .out file. When i want to load the signal into wavelet toolbox in the MATLAB, the signal need to be in .mat file. Anyone know how to change the .out file to .mat file? Thanks Simon ...

postscript file and pdf file
Dear Sir: On web if I need to download an ariticle, most of them are pdf files, which I can open it through acroread program. Ocassionally, there are postscript files(ps files). I noticed the size of a ps file is very big, while pdf file is small. I am curious why some people use ps files, not pdf files. I know that it is very easy to use ps2pdf, pdf2ps to change between them. I am just wondering if there is any advantage for using postscript files. By the way, for printing a postscript file, the printer needs to be a postscript printer, right? Thank you very much. Best Regards, Xiaoshen Xiaoshen Li wrote: > > I am curious why some people use ps files, not pdf files. I know that it > is very easy to use ps2pdf, pdf2ps to change between them. I am just > wondering if there is any advantage for using postscript files. > Very little advantage over PDF that I can imagine, for most purposes, and in fact any device-specific code there may be in a PS file can cause problems on other types of printer than the one originally specified. I think most of these files would be 'legacies' from before PDF became so widespread, or are created out of reluctance to adopt a newer format. Although raster images in PS files will typically be of much higher resolution than those in "screen optimized" PDFs intended for distribution over networks, the PDF format is equally capable of supporting high-quality imaging. While a PS file containing programmin...

Is this file really a postscript file ?
I cannot open the following file using gv on my linux debian box: http://www.netlib.no/netlib/anl-reports/tm96 Is this file corrutped ? Thanks -Mathieu Ref: http://www.netlib.no/netlib/anl-reports/ mathieu wrote: > I cannot open the following file using gv on my linux debian box: > > http://www.netlib.no/netlib/anl-reports/tm96 > > Is this file corrutped ? Ghostscript says "Error: /undefined in BeginDviLaserDoc" which, after looking at the file, seems a reasonable thing to say. Maybe this PS file was produced for a specific printer that has that function predefined? In article <1179483498.151470.81900@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com says... > I cannot open the following file using gv on my linux debian box: > > http://www.netlib.no/netlib/anl-reports/tm96 > > Is this file corrutped ? Doesn't seem to be. However, as it stands it is not valid PostScript either. Its possible that it is intended to be snet to a device which contains a definition of 'BeginDviLaserDoc'. Because PostScript is a programming language, this could contain definitions of the various operations being performed in the file. The file does look fairly typical of a PostScript program, but missing the 'prologue' which contains all the function definitions. Ken Ken Sharp wrote: > In article <1179483498.151470.81900@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, > mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com sa...

Q.: Windows -- converting a tabloid file to PostScript
For eventual distillation to PDF, I seek to produce PostScript files, capturing the content of tabloid size color documents, by "printing" them, in MS Windows, to a tabloid-capable PostScript printer on port FILE: . My quandary: use the printer driver for an HP Color LaserJet 8500-PS (that's what I had been doing on pre-Win8.1 machines)? or for a similar (but newer) 9500-PS (what I seem to have to do instead on Win8.1)? or are there other PostScript printer drivers around producing better (and how so? less obfuscated? more portable? smaller filesize?) PostScript output f...

How to convert all the xpt files in a folder to sas datasets
%Macro ds(ds ) ; Libname Raw_xpt xport "Z:\MNTX\MNTX3301\Phase Forward\SDTM\Draft_17_MNTX3301_Prod\&ds..xpt" access = readonly ; Libname Raw_sets "Z:\Develop\data" ; data &ds ; set raw_xpt.&ds; Run; %Mend ; %ds(ae) ; %ds(am) ; ' ' ' I know this might have been done before by someone I need to get the List of all the datasets in the Folder where .XPT files are located and change them to sas datasets, I am using above code and it is doing what I need to do, but only thing thing is I need to Physically supply List of all the DCM's names to ma...

Ghostscript Converts File on One Platform But Not Another
We are trying to convert and EPS file that has an embedded tiff. It was created in Illustrator10 on Windows. We are using the command 'convert' provided by the ImageMagick suite. From what I read, convert just passes it off to ghostscript acting more like a proxy than anything. If I use convert on a Mac OSX box that has GS 7.05.6 (from the espgs) binary and ImageMagick 5.5.7 binary, the file is converted to a jpeg perfectly. However, if I put the same versions on a x86 RedHatLinux box it errors with: # convert -density 72x72 -geometry 100x100 ept:myeps.eps jpg:myeps.jpg Error: /undefined in II* Operand stack: Execution stack: %interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop ..runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- I've compared the output of 'gs -h' and, except for the search paths being different, the only difference is the absence of the cups device. I can't see how that would make any difference, though. I've tried using the latest versions of AFPL ghostscript and GNU ghostscript on the linux box and still the the error as above. It seems as if the only logical thing is that it is something different about the environments between the m...

Using ghostscript to convert postscript to pure black and white.
Hello, can someone please provide instructions on how to use ghostscript to convert postscript into pure black and white? The end result can be either postscript or pdf. Please provide example, as I only know the most basic syntax of ps2pdf. What do you get out of it? You get to be called The MAN! or The WOMAN! On May 12, 11:20=A0pm, sean_n <seannakas...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, can someone please provide instructions on how to use > ghostscript to convert postscript into pure black and white? =A0The end > result can be either postscript or pdf. =A0Please provide example, as I > only know the most basic syntax of ps2pdf. =A0What do you get out of > it? =A0You get to be called The MAN! =A0or The WOMAN! (Presumably you mean grayscale, not pure black and white; i.e., change blue into a shade of gray, not 100% black.) Doing it with Ghostscript (and keeping it in vector form, i.e. not rasterizing everything) will require redefining the color operators. I'm not sure it's been done. As a practical matter it's simpler to convert to PDF, then use Acrobat Reader to print to a postscript file using a B/W PPD. Another option is to convert to PDF, then use pdftops -level 1 -paper match input.pdf output.ps to make a Level 1 Postscript file. converting this Level 1 postscript back to PDF gives you a nice grayscale PDF. (The level 1 postscript can be bulky.) However pdftops is not part of ghostscript, but part of the xpdf distribution. Ghostscri...

Web resources about - GhostScript - syntax to convert all files in a folder - comp.lang.postscript

Ghostscript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ghostscript is a suite of software based on an interpreter for Adobe Systems ' PostScript and Portable Document Format (PDF) page description ...

Ghostscript 9.0 supports ICC profiles
... also supports ICC colour profiles and allows third-party Colour Management Modules (CMMs) to be integrated The developers have released Ghostscript ...

Bill Casselman's course page
PostScript is an interpreted language originally intended for use in printers.It can be used for many tasks involving complicatedgraphics, and ...

GhostPCL, GhostPDF, and GhostXPS
GhostPCL is Artifex Software's implementation of the PCL-5™ and PCL-XL™ family of page description languages. For more information please see ...

FileOptimizer can compress 33 different formats
... The program is essentially a front end for a host of other tools. Present it with a PDF file, say, and behind the scenes it’ll call up Ghostscript ...

The comet is here: Icaros 1.4 has been released!
We are really excited to announce the immediate availability of the new "point release" of Icaros Desktop, the most known distribution of the ...

Coders at Work: L Peter Deutsch
A prodigy, L Peter Deutsch started programming in the late ’50s, at age 11, when his father brought home a memo about the programming of design ...

Commands tagged mate - commandlinefu.com
Great UNIX/Bash commands tagged with mate - see these and many other invaluable command-line nuggets at commandlinefu.com

Cygwin Gold Stars
Cygwin Install Cygwin Update Cygwin Search Packages Licensing Terms Cygwin/X Community Reporting Problems Mailing Lists Newsgroups Gold Stars ...

World atlas of Flickr geotaggers is maptastic
The maps are ordered by the number of pictures taken in the central cluster of each one. This is a little unfair to aggressively polycentric ...