Ghostscript to Convert PDF to BMP?

Anyone with experience using Ghostscript to Convert PDF to BMP?  I use
variations on the following command line but the problem is how to come up
with a bmp that accurately reflects the content of the PDF, especially when
it is text.  Images are an issue also, but I am looking to make a bmp that
is as readable as possible.  Any suggestions on settings to try or even an
alternative toolkit?  Thanks.

gswin32c.exe -sOutputFile="Test.bmp" -sDEVICE=bmp256 -dNOPAUSE -dTextAlphaBits=4
 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -dLastPage=1 -r300 -g400x170 -dPDFFitPage -dBATCH
"Test.pdf"

mkolenski (3)
11/16/2006 7:21:06 PM
comp.lang.postscript 3552 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I should have mentioned that we are scaling these documents DOWN to maybe
400 x 170 or so.

"Mark Kolenski" <mkolenski@omtool.com> wrote in message
> Anyone with experience using Ghostscript to Convert PDF to BMP?  I use
> variations on the following command line but the problem is how to come up
> with a bmp that accurately reflects the content of the PDF, especially
> when
> it is text.  Images are an issue also, but I am looking to make a bmp that
> is as readable as possible.  Any suggestions on settings to try or even an
> alternative toolkit?  Thanks.
>
> gswin32c.exe -sOutputFile="Test.bmp" -sDEVICE=bmp256 -dNOPAUSE -dTextAlphaBits=4
> -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -dLastPage=1 -r300 -g400x170 -dPDFFitPage -dBATCH
> "Test.pdf"
>

> --

mkolenski (3)
11/16/2006 7:25:34 PM
"Mark Kolenski" <mkolenski@omtool.com> wrote:

>I should have mentioned that we are scaling these documents DOWN to maybe
>400 x 170 or so.

Except in rare cases, I wouldn't expect any text to be readable but
large headlines.

Is the quality noticeably different than if you open a PDF in Adobe
Reader, and size the window to be 400 x 170?
Aandi Inston  quite@dial.pipex.com http://www.quite.com

quite (1321)
11/16/2006 7:54:48 PM
Thanks for your reply.  Yeah, I've been thinking that there's only so much
we can expect out of so few pixels.  I still wasn't completely clear with my
question.  We actually take an original 8-1/2 x 11 document and make 3 pdf's
out of it: top, middle, and bottom.  This is done on a server.  It is each
of these that we are resizing to 400 x 170 bmp's for display on a device
running embedded Java.  When we open the original document (or the 1/3's)
the quality is great, but what we get in the bmp is as you said virtually
unreadable.  We used to go to 300 x 150 but we have new real estate on the
newer display device we are using so going to the bigger size actually made
a lot of it almost readible.  So, I'm trying to see if there is any way to
squeeze more out of it.  We can't really afford the memory (nor do we have
the screen size) to make it much bigger.  I'm also wondering if there is
some sort of thumbnail or icon technology that we might be able to leverage.

"Aandi Inston" <quite@dial.pipex.con> wrote in message
> "Mark Kolenski" <mkolenski@omtool.com> wrote:
>
>>I should have mentioned that we are scaling these documents DOWN to maybe
>>400 x 170 or so.
>
> Except in rare cases, I wouldn't expect any text to be readable but
> large headlines.
>
> Is the quality noticeably different than if you open a PDF in Adobe
> Reader, and size the window to be 400 x 170?

mkolenski (3)
11/16/2006 11:07:22 PM
"Mark Kolenski" <mkolenski@omtool.com> wrote in message news:455cad42$0$21101$88260bb3@free.teranews.com...
> Anyone with experience using Ghostscript to Convert PDF to BMP?  I use
> variations on the following command line but the problem is how to come up
> with a bmp that accurately reflects the content of the PDF, especially when
> it is text.  Images are an issue also, but I am looking to make a bmp that
> is as readable as possible.  Any suggestions on settings to try or even an
> alternative toolkit?  Thanks.
>
> gswin32c.exe -sOutputFile="Test.bmp" -sDEVICE=bmp256 -dNOPAUSE -dTextAlphaBits=4
> -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -dLastPage=1 -r300 -g400x170 -dPDFFitPage -dBATCH
> "Test.pdf"

As Aandi has already pointed out, 400x170 is not many pixels for a displaying
a full size page of text.

Ghostscript's bmp256 uses a very limited palette of colors. To compensate for
the limited palette, ghostscript will often halftone non saturated colors. This
probably makes things worse for your situation.

I recommend using another device like bmp16m (24 bit rgb) which will
eliminate the problems caused by the limited color palette.

Ghostscript's 256 color output devices (like bmp256) do not attempt to
optimize the choice of colors in the palette to produce the best output. There
are other packages which will attempt optimize the output pallette for the
best image quality.

If you need to produce output with only a 256 color palette, I suggest that you
create 24 bit RGB using ghostscript (bmp16m, ppmraw, tiff24nc, etc) and then
post process the output with another application to produce the final output.

0
adcoby (41)
11/17/2006 1:22:26 AM
Hi Mark,

Maybe you should consider outputting the PS to SVG or EMF/WMF. That way
you'll have scalable images with vector data.

Note, though, that outputting to SVG might not be a viable long-term
strategy. Adobe has decided to discontinue support for Adobe SVG Viewer
starting from January 1, 2008.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

> I should have mentioned that we are scaling these documents DOWN to maybe
> 400 x 170 or so.
>
> "Mark Kolenski" <mkolenski@omtool.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone with experience using Ghostscript to Convert PDF to BMP?  I use
> > variations on the following command line but the problem is how to come
up
> > with a bmp that accurately reflects the content of the PDF, especially
> > when
> > it is text.  Images are an issue also, but I am looking to make a bmp
that
> > is as readable as possible.  Any suggestions on settings to try or even
an
> > alternative toolkit?  Thanks.

gswin32c.exe -sOutputFile="Test.bmp" -sDEVICE=bmp256 -dNOPAUSE -dTextAlphaBi
ts=4
> > -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -dLastPage=1 -r300 -g400x170 -dPDFFitPage -dBATCH
> > "Test.pdf"
> >

> > --

invalid171 (7008)

problem converting the postscript file to pdf using ghostscript
i have a post script file which has four pagees three pages are in Potrait and the fourth is landscape when i run command this command "gswin32c -q -dLOCALFONTS -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dAutoRotatePages=/None -sOutputFile=c:\S100834431_GScript_6.pdf -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -c ..setpdfwrite -f C:\S100834431.ps" it generates a pdf file i get the first three pages correct but the fourth page which was landscape is not displayed properly pls help me ...

Problems converting PDF to PDF/A with ghostscript
I am running Ghostscript 8.71 on Windows. I have tried just about every combination of switches and ICC profiles. The command that seems to work the best is as follows: gswin32 -dPDFA -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOOUTERSAVE -dUseCIEColor - sProcessColorModel=DeviceCMYK -sDEVICE=pdfwrite - sOutputFile=out_pdfa.pdf input_pdf.pdf This yields a seemingly valid PDF/A-1b (CMYK) for most files. I am able to open the files in acrobat and successfully validate the conformity of the document to the aforementioned PDF/A standard. Certain files do not pass the PDF/A conformity validation in Acrobat, despite the note in Acrobat stating the file is being viewed in PDF/A mode. The preflight test reports the following error: CIDset in subset font is incomplete ArialBoldItalicMT 14.112 pt TrueType (CID) embedded (as a subset) If I convert the offensive input_pdf.pdf file using Acrobat by printing to the Adobe PDF printer and selecting the PDF/A-1b (CMYK) standard the output PDF passes the preflight without any errors. Does anyone have any suggestions for consistently producing valid PDF/ A-1b (CMYK) documents with Ghostscript? Cheers! In article <6cfcdbba-47de-4be1-8e93- 1d4255ab0ebf@t2g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, brent.m.edwards@gmail.com says... > I am running Ghostscript 8.71 on Windows. I have tried just about > every combination of switches and ICC profiles. The command that seems > to work the best is as follows: > > gswin32 -dPDFA -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOOUTERSA...

Converting PDF to Postscript
Hi, Is there anyway to use GhostScript to convert a PDF in to Postscript? If not what tools are out there that allow you do do this from a command line with no interaction? Thanks -Howard On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:30:29 -0700 (PDT), Howard Webb wrote: > Is there anyway to use GhostScript to convert a PDF in to Postscript? Yes. pdf2ps is a script that will use gs to do this conversion. > If not what tools are out there that allow you do do this from a > command line with no interaction? But a better conversion is usually obtained by using pdftops which is bundled with xpdf (or poppler-utils in some Linux distributions). Bob T. In article <slrnh71e7n.3gp.BobT@linus.cs.queensu.ca>, BobT@cs.queensu.ca says... > On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:30:29 -0700 (PDT), Howard Webb wrote: > > > Is there anyway to use GhostScript to convert a PDF in to Postscript? > > Yes. pdf2ps is a script that will use gs to do this conversion. The pdf2ps script uses the pswrite device, a level 1 PostScript output device. You will get better results (considerably better) by using the ps2write device, which outputs level 2 PostScript instead. Unless you require DSC conformance or level 1 output you should use ps2write instead. The ps2ps2 script will do this and despite the name works for PDF input as well as PostScript input. Ken On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:18:01 +0100, ken wrote: > In article <slrnh71e7n.3gp.BobT@linus.cs.queensu.ca>, BobT@cs.quee...

PostScript to Troff Converter (*Not Troff to PostScript Converter*)
Is a utility available to convert PostScript into a troff input file? Here's where I'm going with this... There is an existing PDF form that can be converted to PS. Using the PS ou= tput, I'd like to somehow generate an equivalent troff input file. The inp= ut file would be used as a template which would be dynamically filled by a = script, run through troff and grops to create a PS file, and from there a c= onverted to a PDF for delivery. I figure that this may be a way of getting around the use of Java's iText o= n my otherwise bare-bones BSD box, but am unsure whether it is even possibl= e to convert PS to troff input... On Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:07:22 PM UTC-5, gjwat...@gmail.com wrote: > Is a utility available to convert PostScript into a troff input file? >=20 > Here's where I'm going with this... >=20 > There is an existing PDF form that can be converted to PS. Using the PS = output, I'd like to somehow generate an equivalent troff input file. The i= nput file would be used as a template which would be dynamically filled by = a script, run through troff and grops to create a PS file, and from there a= converted to a PDF for delivery. >=20 > I figure that this may be a way of getting around the use of Java's iText= on my otherwise bare-bones BSD box, but am unsure whether it is even possi= ble to convert PS to troff input... I've never heard of such a utility and I think i...

convert from PDF to postscript
We are creating PDF files in our application and storing them, but we must also print them. I have it narrowed down to executing LPR from the application. Sample postscript files printed OK with this command, so I need to convert PDF files to postscript. I've been looking for something to do this and can't find it. I found such things as a2ps and pdf2ps but no java implementation of these. Help is desperately needed converting PDF to PS for printing. hanks "David McDivitt" <x12code-del@del-yahoo.com> wrote in message news:vhvfv0p0ot5lnl236cefdvc61fdvno5cbj@4ax.com......

Converting a BMP image to PDF
Hi, I have written a jpeg to pdf conversion code in C. It is working fine. Now i am trying for bmp images. bmp images are stored in bottom up manner for which i wrote a function and inverted the image data. Then i changed the RGB to BGR. Now the problem is the image is displaying in PDF but it has tilted towards the right side.it is displaying as if it was skewed for 30-45 degrees angle. Please let me know what should i do to make the image display in a correct manner. Without applying my inverting function and RGB to BGR function also the image is displayed in inverted and red and bl...

convert PDF to Postscript by javascript
I need to convert PDF to Postscript files: I know that my Acrobat 5 give me the possibility to save a PDF in Postscript but I would like to create a Javascript to have this thing in batch. I tried to modify an existing batch sequence and obtained this code <</Commands [/c <<>>] /Input [/c << /FileVariation [/i 2] /SourceFileOptions [/c <<>>] >>] /Output [/c << /AddToBaseName [/b false] /DontOverwrite [/b false] /FileVariation [/i 0] /HandlerUniqueID [/s (com.adobe.acrobat.ps)] /InsertAfterBaseName [/t ()] /InsertBeforeBaseName [/t ()] /O...

Ghostscript converting pdf problem
When attempting to create an image from a pdf file, instead of creating the output file, data is sent to the printer. Why? Here's my command line: C:\Documents and Settings\me\Desktop>"c:\program files\gs\gs9.00\bin \gs win32c" -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=png16m -dPrinted=false - sOutputfile='c:\yadda 1.png' xl1.pdf Thanks very much. On Oct 12, 3:58=A0pm, johnniec <jpcart...@gmail.com> wrote: > When attempting to create an image from a pdf file, instead of > creating the output file, data is sent to the printer. Why? > > Here's my command line: > > C:\Documents and Settings\me\Desktop>"c:\program files\gs\gs9.00\bin > \gs > win32c" -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=3Dpng16m -dPrinted=3Dfalse - > sOutputfile=3D'c:\yadda > 1.png' xl1.pdf > > Thanks very much. I've never heard of -dPrinted. I'd recommend adding the gs/bin to your path to avoid all that typing and quoting. It looks like you may have a space between the hyphen and sOutputfile. It it were me, I'd try somehow to stick to directories and files without spaces in them. It's difficult to see what the problem may be without seeing the output, unwrapped. I'm also not sure how whatever-os-this-is interprets single quotes. If you do have a space between the hyphen and sOutputFile (should be a big 'F', too, btw), then hyphen is interpreted to mean "read the standard input file first before any other file...

ghostscript: Converting only a page of a PDF
Hi, I just downloaded ghostscript 8.54 for my Fedora Core 6 Linux system. Is there a way from the command line to convert only a single page of a PDF file to a JPEG? What I'm ideally after is, if I have a 5 page PDF, to have 5 JPG files, one for each page of the PDF. Thanks for any advice in this arena, - Dave "laredotornado" <laredotornado@zipmail.com> wrote in message news:<ba1a6020-8e51-406b-8035-4fe5acaaeb22@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, > > I just downloaded ghostscript 8.54 for my Fedora Core 6 Linux system. > Is there a way from the command line to convert only a single page of > a PDF file to a JPEG? > > What I'm ideally after is, if I have a 5 page PDF, to have 5 JPG > files, one for each page of the PDF. There are two ways to accomplish what you have requested using Ghostscript. If you want to convert a multipage PDF file into multiple jpeg files then you can use "%d" as part of the output file name specification. I. e. gs -sDEVICE=jpeg -sOutputFile=output%d.jpg input.pdf -c quit If you want to select a range of pages from a PDF file then use the -dFirstPage and -dLastPage switches. I. e. to select only page 5: gs -sDEVICE=jpeg -sOutputFile=page5.jpg -dFirstPage=5 -dLastPage=5 input.pdf -c quit Both of these methods are described in the doc/Use.htm file that came with your Ghostscript distribution. >>>>> "laredotornado" =3D=3D laredotornado <laredot...

Poor performance when converting PDF to BMP
Hi! I'm using the following string to convert PDFs to BMPs: gswin32c -q -sDEVICE=bmpmono -r300x300 -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBA TCH -sOutputFile=file1.bmp file.pdf which works fine. Also, I'm using a batch operation which loops through each file in a given directory and does the conversion, as follows: lfnfor off for %%x in (*.pdf) do call process.bat %%x which also works fine. The above batch command is located in a file called BMP.bat. My problem is that GS keeps starting and stopping for each conversion so performance is very poor. It takes 5 mins for 250 PDFs to be converted and I need to do 7000-8000 in 10 mins. I'm fairly sure it's the continous opening and closing of GS which slows the whole thing down. Is there any way to keep GS open/alive in memory? Or a way of converting an entire directory of files in one go, without having to loop through each file? Any input is greatly appreciated. Kind regards, Kris Kristian von Wowern wrote: > > Hi! > > I'm using the following string to convert PDFs to BMPs: > > gswin32c -q -sDEVICE=bmpmono -r300x300 -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBA > TCH -sOutputFile=file1.bmp file.pdf > > which works fine. > > Also, I'm using a batch operation which loops through each file in a given > directory and does the conversion, as follows: > > lfnfor off > for %%x in (*.pdf) do call process.bat %%x > > which also works fine. The a...

Convert to PDF (without PostScript) -- How is it Possible?
When someone explained to me what a PDF is, I came to understand that a PDF is essentially a "distilled" PostScript file. So to create one, you need to "print" to a PostScript printer driver, then "distill" the resulting postscript file with a PostScript interpreter, like Acrobat Distiller or Ghostscript. But OpenOffice can convert to PDF without PostScript. It just does it, and I can't imagine how. WordPerfect Office Suite has "Publish to PDF." You just click and a PDF happens. And there are other programs that perform similarly. None of ...

Convert postscript to PDF or text in OSX
I understand that you can convert postscript files to pdf using some command line utility built into OSX. (When i was reading about PStill http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/3629 an Adobe Distill type of program for OSX $70. But the command is free.) What command do i use? % man pdf returned nothing. I actually want to convert postscript files to the simple text format. They are all text, columns and rows of names and numbers. The idea is to get test scores with associated ID#s into a spreadsheet. The text returned will have spaces instead of tabs so it will be clumb...

convert PS to PDF via Ghostscript
Hi, I'm having an unusual problem, and I don't understand what's going on. Hopefully, this isn't too off-topic for this NG. I've got a PS file generated from a LaTeX dvi file using dvips. The LaTeX file uses the package times.sty (hopefully this will be familiar to some in this newsgroup). I'm trying to convert the file to PDF via GSview 4.4 (using Ghostscript 7.06). If I use the default CompatibilityLevel of 1.2 in the conversion, then in the resulting PDF file, any text that is emphasized (i.e., in italics, by using \emph in LaTeX) looks "subscripted...

Re: ghostscript: Converting only a page of a PDF
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:53:07 -0800 (PST), laredotornado wrote: > I just downloaded ghostscript 8.54 for my Fedora Core 6 Linux system. > Is there a way from the command line to convert only a single page of > a PDF file to a JPEG? > > What I'm ideally after is, if I have a 5 page PDF, to have 5 JPG > files, one for each page of the PDF. Use pdftk to break out individual pages; then convert to jpg. (jpg? why would that be suitable unless it's an image?) Bob T. On Feb 4, 4:02=A0pm, Bob Tennent <B...@cs.queensu.ca> wrote: > On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:53:07 -0800 (PST),laredotornadowrote: > > =A0> I just downloaded ghostscript 8.54 for my Fedora Core 6 Linux system.= > =A0> Is there a way from the command line to convert only a single page of= > =A0> a PDF file to a JPEG? > =A0> > =A0> What I'm ideally after is, if I have a 5 page PDF, to have 5 JPG > =A0> files, one for each page of the PDF. > > Use pdftk to break out individual pages; then convert to jpg. (jpg? why > would that be suitable unless it's an image?) > > Bob T. We are converting to JPG b/c we want to display a smaller version of those pages on the web and possibly overlay other images (that of a binding, like you might find in a notebook or tabs) on top of it. I am open to suggestions on better ways to do this. Maybe you're right and JPG isn't the best route. Thank you also Dan, for your answer. That d...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3e8da3$38634283@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gary_w1@hotline.com> wrote: > I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find > the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the > Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this > involves either > > 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with > control of the font, or > > 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to > an Arial font .pdf > > and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. > > So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a > mac or on a pc? Open the file in Quicken. Use the Arial font in the size of your choice. Select "Print" and then click on the "PDF" button on the print dialog box. Se...

VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0
For Immediate Release Contact: support@verypdf.com http://www.verypdf.com/ http://www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/index.htm VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter v2.0 - Convert Adobe PDF file to Image Formats PDF To Image Converter Introduction (Document) PDF To Image Converter is an application program based on Windows platform, which can directly convert PDF files to dozens of image formats, such as TIF, TIFF, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, EMF, PCX, TGA and so on, it does support whole PDF file to image file conversion, include text, line, arc, ellipse, Bezier, color, image, form and other type elements. PD...

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Using ghostscript to convert postscript to pure black and white.
Hello, can someone please provide instructions on how to use ghostscript to convert postscript into pure black and white? The end result can be either postscript or pdf. Please provide example, as I only know the most basic syntax of ps2pdf. What do you get out of it? You get to be called The MAN! or The WOMAN! On May 12, 11:20=A0pm, sean_n <seannakas...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, can someone please provide instructions on how to use > ghostscript to convert postscript into pure black and white? =A0The end > result can be either postscript or pdf. =A0Please provide example, as I > only know the most basic syntax of ps2pdf. =A0What do you get out of > it? =A0You get to be called The MAN! =A0or The WOMAN! (Presumably you mean grayscale, not pure black and white; i.e., change blue into a shade of gray, not 100% black.) Doing it with Ghostscript (and keeping it in vector form, i.e. not rasterizing everything) will require redefining the color operators. I'm not sure it's been done. As a practical matter it's simpler to convert to PDF, then use Acrobat Reader to print to a postscript file using a B/W PPD. Another option is to convert to PDF, then use pdftops -level 1 -paper match input.pdf output.ps to make a Level 1 Postscript file. converting this Level 1 postscript back to PDF gives you a nice grayscale PDF. (The level 1 postscript can be bulky.) However pdftops is not part of ghostscript, but part of the xpdf distribution. Ghostscri...

Getting Ghostscript to convert DSC comments to PDF metadata
I've noticed that Ghostscript's pdfwrite (at least, by default) mechanism always produces PDF files where "Title" is set to "untitled", "Author" to empty, etc. Adobe Distiller, with the same PS input, gets the values for these metadata items from the DSC comments %%Title, %%For:, %%Creator:, %%CreationDate: etc. Is there any way to tell Ghostscript to grab these values and put them in the output PDF file? In article <h1fcpl$t0v$1@s1.news.oleane.net>, steNphOane.SbarPizien@oAcMe.com says... > I've noticed that Ghostscript's pdfwrite (at least, by default) mechanism > always produces PDF files where "Title" is set to "untitled", "Author" to > empty, etc. > > Adobe Distiller, with the same PS input, gets the values for these metadata > items from the DSC comments %%Title, %%For:, %%Creator:, %%CreationDate: > etc. > > Is there any way to tell Ghostscript to grab these values and put them in > the output PDF file? You can use the DSC comment parser to find such comments (see /gs/doc/language.htm, section 7 'User Parameters'). Your comment parser can then use DOCINFO pdfmarks to set the information. Warning; many files contain multiple DSC comments, because they contain EPS files, sometimes even nested EPS files (EPS within an EPS). You must take care to establish the correct comment. I would not (peronsally) alter the CreationDate to ma...

Ghostscript: convert eps to e. g. bmp with consideration of the bounding box
Hello, I would like to convert an eps-file with ghostscript to e. g. a bmp- file. The result is up to now a big bmp page with a lot of white space - the boundig box was not included. How can I include the bb-information? Thank you very much, best regards Lars In article <ec955d5f-c22d-4e14-91bf-a3aa31471bb1 @v17g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>, l-steinke@web.de says... > Hello, > > I would like to convert an eps-file with ghostscript to e. g. a bmp- > file. The result is up to now a big bmp page with a lot of white space > - the boundig box was not included. Perhaps you mean not respected, rather than not included ? > How can I include the bb-information? In /gs/doc/use.htm: EPS parameters -dEPSCrop Crop an EPS file to the bounding box. This is useful when converting an EPS file to a bitmap. Ghostscript has a lot of switches, most are documented here. Ken ...

Bug? Gettting ghostscript to programmatically convert ps to pdf on Windows XP
I've been wrestling with this for an hour or so and thought I'd share my experiences. I'm running Ghostscript 8.00 on Windows XP. I'm trying to convert a .ps file to a .pdf. Ghostscript includes some handy batch files so I tried to use ps2pdf.bat. It works fine from the command line. Now in perl I try a : $cmd = "C:\\gs\\gs8.00\\lib\\ps2pdf c:\\rpt.ps c:\\rpt.pdf"; I copied the un escaped command from the console window. It gives and error that ps2pdfxx can't be found though if I manually type the same command it works fine. So the problem is this : it runs ju...

Need Convert DWG/DXF to BMP ,GIF,JPG, EMF, or PDF ???
HTTP://www.dwgconverter.com DwgConverter 2.0 is a batch converter tool that converts DWG/DXF R2.5 ~ R2004 files to BMP, JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, EMF and WMF images without the need of AutoCAD. It can also convert DWG/DXF files to vectory PDF file.And supports AutoCAD DWG/DXF File Version Conversion. Key Features: Supported input file formats: CAD drawings (DXF and DWG). Can export images in the following formats: JPG/JPEG, TIF/TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG, WMF, EMF etc. Supported Dwg R2.5 ~ R2005 formats and. Supported converts DWG and DXF files to vector PDF files Convert DWG/DXF files in batches. Don't require any products from AutoDesk, it is completely standalone technology. Supported Input areas: Model Space, Paper Space and Layouts. XRefs / SHX / TTF supported, Color to pen width mapping supported. Supported Entity width conversion, Adjustable color depth, Adjustable background color, Adjustable export accuracy, and Adjustable size of output image. TIFF compression supported. Fast convert DWG/DXF files to image files with high quality. Different conversion in one batch. Can convert batches of different formats CAD drawings (dxf and dwg) to one type of image in one time. Can convert DWG/DXF to several type of image in one time. Can set output folder for all the image files before converting. Can add a file, several files, and all files in a folder. It supports auto name. User can save options settings for friendly recall and reuse. ...

Need Convert DWG/DXF to BMP ,GIF,JPG, EMF, or PDF ???
HTTP://www.dwgconverter.com DwgConverter 2.0 is a batch converter tool that converts DWG/DXF R2.5 ~ R2004 files to BMP, JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, EMF and WMF images without the need of AutoCAD. It can also convert DWG/DXF files to vectory PDF file.And supports AutoCAD DWG/DXF File Version Conversion. Key Features: Supported input file formats: CAD drawings (DXF and DWG). Can export images in the following formats: JPG/JPEG, TIF/TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG, WMF, EMF etc. Supported Dwg R2.5 ~ R2005 formats and. Supported converts DWG and DXF files to vector PDF files Convert DWG/DXF files in batches. ...

Is there any open Souce project in Java to convert html, doc, pdf to BMP
Hi All Is there any open Souce project in C/C++/Java to convert html, doc, pdf to BMP? I would like to get the Bitmap image of contents rendered in the Web Browser ActiveX control. I want to get the good quality image so I don't want to use images from the view (rendered content). Is there any alternate method? Please Help... Thanks in Advance. ...

Web resources about - Ghostscript to Convert PDF to BMP? - comp.lang.postscript

Ghostscript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ghostscript is a suite of software based on an interpreter for Adobe Systems ' PostScript and Portable Document Format (PDF) page description ...

Ghostscript 9.0 supports ICC profiles
... also supports ICC colour profiles and allows third-party Colour Management Modules (CMMs) to be integrated The developers have released Ghostscript ...

Bill Casselman's course page
PostScript is an interpreted language originally intended for use in printers.It can be used for many tasks involving complicatedgraphics, and ...

GhostPCL, GhostPDF, and GhostXPS
GhostPCL is Artifex Software's implementation of the PCL-5™ and PCL-XL™ family of page description languages. For more information please see ...

FileOptimizer can compress 33 different formats
... The program is essentially a front end for a host of other tools. Present it with a PDF file, say, and behind the scenes it’ll call up Ghostscript ...

The comet is here: Icaros 1.4 has been released!
We are really excited to announce the immediate availability of the new "point release" of Icaros Desktop, the most known distribution of the ...

Coders at Work: L Peter Deutsch
A prodigy, L Peter Deutsch started programming in the late ’50s, at age 11, when his father brought home a memo about the programming of design ...

Commands tagged mate - commandlinefu.com
Great UNIX/Bash commands tagged with mate - see these and many other invaluable command-line nuggets at commandlinefu.com

Cygwin Gold Stars
Cygwin Install Cygwin Update Cygwin Search Packages Licensing Terms Cygwin/X Community Reporting Problems Mailing Lists Newsgroups Gold Stars ...

World atlas of Flickr geotaggers is maptastic
The maps are ordered by the number of pictures taken in the central cluster of each one. This is a little unfair to aggressively polycentric ...