Making PS Files from PDF Files

Hello all together,

I have Ghostscript 8.11 on a Windows 98 machine installed. Now I want to
confert a PDF File into a PS file, so that I can print it from the Shell,
without starting f.e. Adobe Acrobat Reader an print it from there.
Do anyone know, what I must do to get a PS file or what to do to print it on
a printer?

Thank you and Bye
Daniel Pomrehn

0
post559 (4)
9/9/2003 6:00:06 PM
comp.lang.postscript 3552 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

postscript file and pdf file
Dear Sir: On web if I need to download an ariticle, most of them are pdf files, which I can open it through acroread program. Ocassionally, there are postscript files(ps files). I noticed the size of a ps file is very big, while pdf file is small. I am curious why some people use ps files, not pdf files. I know that it is very easy to use ps2pdf, pdf2ps to change between them. I am just wondering if there is any advantage for using postscript files. By the way, for printing a postscript file, the printer needs to be a postscript printer, right? Thank you very much. Best Regards, Xia...

Making a pdf file from a dvi file
Hello, I am using the package Seminar. The dvi file is in landscape, like I want it to be. When I try to convert it to a pdf file for a presentation, the pdf file looks like portrait mode, with part of the landscape page cut off. How can I convert the dvi file to a proper landscape pdf file, with nothing cut off? The frustrating thing is that by experimenting endlessly, last year I found a way to do it, and forgot to write it down! no comment schrieb: > Hello, > > I am using the package Seminar. The dvi file is in landscape, like I > want it to be. When I try to convert i...

Print to ps file not pdf file
Hello, all! In Classic Mac OS, it was possible to print to a .ps (postscript) file instead of sending a document to a printer. In Mac OS X, it is now possible to print to a .pdf (Adobe portable document format) file instead of sending a document to a printer, but you can no longer print to a .ps file. The printer in our department (an HP Laserjet 8000 N) does not print ..pdf documents for some reason (network operator says it's something Adobe did wrong - not really the point of my post) but will still print ..ps files just fine. I am a math grad student, so the program I use mos...

Can you call a specific page in a ps (or pdf) file from another ps file?
If so, what am I looking for in order to do this? Thanks. In article <MPG.1bbceca77ceade50989699@news.easynews.com>, s <you@me.com> wrote: >If so, what am I looking for in order to do this? PostScript Language Document Structuring Conventions http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/pdfs/tn/5001.DSC_Spec.pdf Encapsulated PostScript File Format Specification http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/pdfs/tn/5002.EPSF_Spec.pdf -- -- Rod -- rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com ...

How to convert this ps file to a pdf file w/ searchable text? (pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file)
I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there is any other way to generate a searchable pdf file? $pkfix-helper 0375.ps Reading 0375.ps ... done. Number of Type 3 fonts encountered: 0 pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file On May 13, 10:45=A0pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. > But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there > is any other way to generate a searchab...

ps2pdf - one muti-page ps input file
hi Solaris 8, gs 8.00 Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage ps source file? Using a 2 page ps file(infile.ps), I've tried: ps2pdf -dFirstPage=1 -dLastPage=1 infile.ps page1.pdf %%[ ProductName: AFPL Ghostscript ]%% %%[Page: 1]%% %%[Page: 2]%% %%[LastPage]%% But the result is a single pdf file containing both pages. : -( Can anyone help? thanks ...

Preview suddenly can't handle PS filesYesterday, on my Powerbook running Tiger 10.4, Preview was able to open,and display both PS and PDF files. It handled PS files by popping up a little,window sayi
Yesterday, on my Powerbook running Tiger 10.4, Preview was able to open and display both PS and PDF files. It handled PS files by popping up a little window saying it was converting to PDF, but it worked. Today, Preview can handle PDF files, but not PS. When I tell it to open a PS file, it almost instantly displays a little popup window that says: File error. Couldn't open the file OK When I press the OK button, I get another small window that is entirely grey, except for the title bar that contains the file name (ending with .pdf...

ps2pdf - one muti-page ps input file
hi Solaris 8, gs 8.00 Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage ps source file? Using a 2 page ps file(infile.ps), I've tried: ps2pdf -dFirstPage=1 -dLastPage=1 infile.ps page1.pdf %%[ ProductName: AFPL Ghostscript ]%% %%[Page: 1]%% %%[Page: 2]%% %%[LastPage]%% But the result is a single pdf file containing both pages. : -( Can anyone help? thanks On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:46:07 GMT, tec wrote: > hi > > Solaris 8, gs 8.00 > > Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage > ps source file? > > Using a...

print PDF file from command line to postscript file
How do I print a PDF file from the command line so that: 1. It prints only page 34 and nothing else. 2. Prints page 34 to a PostScript called "34.ps" I would like to script this so that I can run it from an VT100 terminal. In article <b184cb3d.0404221743.7730ed01@posting.google.com>, luther wrote: > How do I print a PDF file from the command line so that: > > 1. It prints only page 34 and nothing else. > 2. Prints page 34 to a PostScript called "34.ps" > > I would like to script this so that I can run it from an VT100 terminal. ...

split large postscript file into many ps files
Hello All, I have one postscript file. What i need is i need to divide that into small size ps files. PSSelect this is the one of the utility can be used for this.. I have total 20 pages.. in ps file and some pages are containing images as a data.. I am able to create 4 ps files in a sequence with 5 pages in each file.. But my problem starts after this. What i need is i need to convert all these into pdf files. If i create a ps file from my machine it contains a diffrent format.. so, that can be parsed and converted into pdf into my machine only.. If i create a ps file from another machine ...

Merge pdf files into one pdf file
Hi I am looking for a script that can automatically merge a serie of 'pdf' files into one 'pdf' file. I know about the "Insert pdf file" option in adobe, but I have about 30 'pdf' files, and need a more automatic solution. Today I am merging several "ps" files into one "pdf" file by using the script below. Is there a similar script for pdf files. Any software that solves this? Any help is appreciated! Gisle Rong Script: %! % PostScript program for distilling and combining multiple PostScript files. % When embedding font subsets, it is ...

how to make a file from the strings in a file and redirect the content to these new files
Here is scenari0 223 files copied to this this one big flat file. now how to make this file to 223 files. further explaination: below is excerpt from that one file under xxxxx you will see @TC_ID: :BIC4007 then another @TC_ID: :BIC40008 and has a 223 time with TC_ID: :BICxxx numbers How do I use such a script that makes a file named BIC40008, then another BIC40007 AND copying the content from line @TC_ID: :BIC40007 till one line before the next TC_ID: :BIC40008 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx @TC_ID: :BIC40007 @TC_TITLE: @ACT_IDS: @AUTHOR: @AUTO: @CLASS: @GROUP_ID: @RELEASES: @T...

file.exe file generation from file.m file
How to generate application (*.exe) file from *.m file, which has lots of graphics. Program was written for image watermarking by using image processing toolbox. I want to send this program some where else but with out sowing the program codes. By this *.exe no need to use matlab6.5 platform. Also tell me How to generate *.p file from *.m file Which is hide the code to user but for run this program need matlab6.5 Please give me some idea about it. it is very urgent for me. I will be very great full to you "Biswajit Kar" <hibiswajitkar@rediffmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Best way to combine .g3 files into one ps/pdf file
I am using mgetty/sendfax to receive faxes. By default, mgetty/sendfax stores received faxes as individual image files for each page so that a three page fax ends up as three separate .g3 files. I'd like to combine those .g3 files into one ps or pdf file. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? TIA, --Kamus ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:27:56 -0500, Kamus of Kadizhar staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I am using mgetty/sendfax to receive faxes. By default, > mgetty/sendfax stores received faxes as individual image...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file...

Where to find free software to convert PDF file to Postscript file in Solaris 8
Hello, Is there any free download-able Solaris 8 program to convert PDF file to PostScript file ? Something similiar to the pre-packaged "pdftops" program under /usr/ sfw/bin in Solaris 10. Thanks, Bill underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com writes: >Is there any free download-able Solaris 8 program to convert PDF file >to PostScript file ? >Something similiar to the pre-packaged "pdftops" program under /usr/ >sfw/bin in Solaris 10. Thats part of the xpdf package. You can get that from Blastwave.. underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I...

split one pdf file into multiple pdf files
Hi I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into multiple pdf files based on a particular condition. An guidance going about writing code for this problem would be really helpful. Thanks, Suparana Hi, What are the particular conditions you need for splitting. There are a number of third party solutions, but most will split on page or file names. If you had the source of the PDF files, I could show you how my OctoTools could produce the output already split, on just about ANY criteria, but doing it with existing pdf's could be tricky. Another way to approach your problem i...

2 pdf-files > 1 pdf-file
Hello, I use Photoshop Lite or CutePDF to scan documents to pdf. What to do if documents are spread out over 2 or more A4's? How can I scan this to just 1 pdf-file? Peter You should use only ADOBE ACROBAT software. "PeterS" <pghscholtes@home.nl> wrote in message news:bk20l8$lom$1@news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl... > Hello, > > I use Photoshop Lite or CutePDF to scan documents to pdf. What to do if > documents are spread out over 2 or more A4's? How can I scan this to > just 1 pdf-file? > > Peter > ...

Batch converting of PDF files into searchable PDF files
Hello Group We need to convert about 500 multipage non-searchable PDF files into searchable PDF files. The original PDFs just contain the scanned documents and we plan to run them through an OCR program which will afterwards save them back in the PDF format. It seems that Omnipage 12 Pro Office edition would be able to do the job but Omnipage 12 Standard, which is much less expensive, seems to have many of the same features. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a resource which lists the exact differences between the two programs. For now we'd require only one or two licences...

How to: split 1 pdf file to 2 pdf files?
I have a problem with a file that I retrieve off www.catholic-forum.com/bulletins/511.pdf . Once each month they create the 511.pdf file with an attached Parish Calendar page. The Parish Bulletin page is in 'Portrait' sizing while the attached Parish Calendar page is in 'Landscape'. I try to retrieve this one file and using Frontpage on my PC attempt to publish the pdf file to my online web. I do NOT want the online web User to have to scroll to the left to see the Bulletin or the Calendar. I have Acrobat Reader 7.0 on my PC and would like to save the www.catholic-forum....

Is this file really a postscript file ?
I cannot open the following file using gv on my linux debian box: http://www.netlib.no/netlib/anl-reports/tm96 Is this file corrutped ? Thanks -Mathieu Ref: http://www.netlib.no/netlib/anl-reports/ mathieu wrote: > I cannot open the following file using gv on my linux debian box: > > http://www.netlib.no/netlib/anl-reports/tm96 > > Is this file corrutped ? Ghostscript says "Error: /undefined in BeginDviLaserDoc" which, after looking at the file, seems a reasonable thing to say. Maybe this PS file was produced for a specific printer that has that function pr...

are pdf files graphic files?
Someone told me a PDF file is a graphics file, and I wondered about that. There are a few processes involved in a PDF file. Does anybody have a clear, technical answer? Is a PDF file actually a graphics file? wolfie Zol wrote: > Someone told me a PDF file is a graphics file, and I wondered > about that. There are a few processes involved in a PDF file. > Does anybody have a clear, technical answer? Is a PDF file > actually a graphics file? > > wolfie What do you mean by "graphics file"? It is a file format that Graphic Artists might produce. It can contai...

pdf file to text file ??
Hi....... All I am working on VC++ 6.0. In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file format. Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK. Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task.. Thanks in Advance. Kireet Gajera kireetgajera@gmail.com wrote: > I am working on VC++ 6.0. > > In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file > format. > > Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK. Yes. > Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task.. pdftotext in the xpdf package. Have a...

How to FIX the pdf files generated from postscript files which were made with latex etc long time ago
How to FIX the pdf files generated from postscript files which were made with latex etc long time ago ? Dear Friends, Many years ago I had a few files that were downloaded from the internet. I think they were pdf files made using ps files which in turn were from some dvips type utility and that came from dvi .... Those pdf files showed very dim or bad fonts, although they printed well. I remember someone sent me a method to fix it. I vaguely remember that it involved some kind of ghostscript or gs based line. Would any of you, experienced people, be able to give me some idea on the fix ? ...

Web resources about - Making PS Files from PDF Files - comp.lang.postscript

Is Your Digital Marketing Strategy Red Carpet Worthy?
The music. The movies. The stars. The glitz. The glam. And, of course, the flawless—or sometimes flawed—red carpet looks. Oh yes. It’s Oscar ...

Apple working with DOJ to help fight ISIS messaging and propaganda on social media
Apple may be battling one branch of U.S. law enforcement on a terrorist-related issue, but CNN reports that the company is working closely with ...

Advertisers Can’t Use Facebook’s Reactions For Targeted Ads
Recently Facebook began rolling out their Reactions features on a global scale. For those unfamiliar, basically instead of just providing Likes, ...

Google opens DDoS-thwarting Project Shield service to all news and human rights’ websites
Google has announced that it’s opening its anti-DDoS Project Shield technology to all online news websites as First announced back in 2013 , ...

Kanye West Talks About Taylor Swift And The Embarrassing Amber Rose Rant
Kanye West is no doubt among the most popular artists in hip-hop. And in the past few weeks, he has had a lot to deal with. However, he chose ...

With Siri coming to OS X, Apple is finally making the Mac exciting again
While Siri on the iPhone has improved dramatically over the past five years, Apple's intelligent personal assistant has remained conspicuously ...

Join Best Selling Author Shel Israel at the SMC San Francisco General Assembly
Join Social Media Club San Francisco on March 10 at General Assembly for a lively discussion about technology’s impact on business and life with ...

Microsoft bought a company that makes porting apps easier
Microsoft is taking its relatively new role as a mobile app maker pretty seriously. So much so that it's bought Xamarin, a company that specializes ...

Michigan's first Zika virus case: 'We expected this,' say officials
MLive.com Michigan's first Zika virus case: 'We expected this,' say officials MLive.com LANSING, MI — Michigan's first Zika virus case has ...

Man charged over station bomb scare
A SUITCASE containing clothing and toys was responsible for today’s safety scare at Dandenong Railway Station.