PDF TO PDF/A

Hello,

is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ?

i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have
an error.

Thanks for help.

comp.lang.postscript 3552 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

Postscript to PDF with pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other
Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? On 14/04/2008, Sean Nakasone <seannakasone@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, > pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? ps2pdf is standard on any install of Ghostscript, at least on most flavours of Linux/BSD Farrel ...

Need Cups-PDF to actually create PDF not Postscript
From: CUPS 127.0.0.1:631 Description: Cups-PDF Location: RN Printer Driver: Generic postscript color printer rev4 Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published. Device URI: cups-pdf:/ Hi All, I am using CentOS 5.5. I installed cups-pdf-2.4.6-1.el5.i386.rpm and now have the nicest CUPS to Postscript printer. Okay, I need that to use with HylaFAX, but I also need a print to PDF (not Postscript). What did I do wrong? Many thanks, -T On 2010-06-05, Todd <todd@invalid.com> wrote: > From: CUPS 127.0.0.1:631 > Description: Cups-PDF > Location: RN > Printer...

PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file.
Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) the following code create a PDF: #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'pdf/writer' pdf = PDF::Writer.new pdf.text "Hello Matz", :font_size => 22 pdf.save_as "novo.pdf" ######################################## now I wanna save this pdf as a last page of a existing pdf. any tips? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ricardo Pog <ricardo85x@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) > > > the following code create a PDF: > >...

pdf to dvi to pdf?
I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. I have a collection of pdf manuscript to submitt to a on-demand publisher. They want them to be: (1)6in x 9in with 1/2in margins allound (2) and embedded fonts. The problem is there are: (1) 8.5in x 11in with 1in margins (2) and the fonts aren't embedded. Perl pdf mod is one possibility, what would be involved with doing this with LaTex? I wanting to stay with open source solutions(Linux). TIA, David editor@deepmeanings.com (David Jackon) schrieb: > I need help with what seems to be a simple problem. > I have a collection of ...

Embedding PDF into PDF ?
I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Would I have to open the PDF as a text file and have my program locate a certain PDF command, then literally just stream the raw smaller PDF into it ? Any links or info would be very much aprpeciated Thanks Paul On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Paul Champan wrote: > I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF > into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Do you want to merge 2 pdf files or "place" pdf files into a ...

Copy from a PDF to PDF
Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? Thanks in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I suppose it depends on which ap...

PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES
Hello, (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf It doesn't work. Is works with jpeg files: gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf Thanks for Help. Christophe BADET Christophe BADET wrote: > Hello, > > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > > gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf > It doesn't work. > Is works with jpeg files: > gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle....

4x PDF Help
Hi Everyone -- we've launched a new question and answer site for all PDF questions. It's based on the highly popular technology platform used by StackOverflow.com, and provides a great environment for getting your questions answered and answering other people's questions. Check it out --> http://help.4xpdf.com/ Cheers, - Rowan. ...

PostScript to PDF conversion creating Huge Font sizes in PDF
I generated a PostScript file by using the Windows GDI to print to a postscript printer (HP LaserJet 8500 PS) which uses the PSCRIPT5 driver. I can open the PostScript file in GSView and it looks fine. I then used Adobe Acrobat Distiller to distill the file to PDF. Again I can open it in Reader and it looks fine. Finally I took the same PostScript file and used a third-party "distiller" and distilled the PostScript to PDF - but I did perform the conversion on another machine on our network. This last time, the PDF file created contains huge fonts. In fact, the fonts are so large t...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3...

Saving pdf is disabled but printing pdf to pdf is possible, some problems still
Hi! You know that saving editable PDF-files (I mean PDF-files where fields are editable) is disabled in Acrobat Reader. So I need a way to save edited PDF-files (with filled text-fields and other fields) to PDF. One way is to print PDF-file with some PDF-printer to new PDF, when edited field's data are saved to that new one within right way. That works sometimes but sometimes some of fonts are disabled and some text-fields are filled with different size of circles. Anyone know how to do that? Is Acrobat Reader protected against this kind of doing? Thanks a lot to everyone and I'm...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file...

Image PDF to Searchable PDF
Hello, Is there any way to convert an image only PDF to a searchable PDF without going through a scanner? In other words, are there software that can do this task directly on the computer? Or, does using OCR software merely mean running the image PDF file through the software and produce a searchable PDF? What reliable softwares are available? Are there programs that run independently? That is, without needing full Acrobat or aome other adjunct software? Thanks, Guru gururajan20815@yahoo.com (Gururajan Ramachandran) wrote in message news:<f72691a.0311200601.27406ab7@posting.google.co...

Printing a PDF from Another PDF
is there any way I can print a PDF Document from another PDF. The reason I am asking this is that I have a PDF list containing approx. 50 PDF Documents and would like to be able to print a chosen Document from my list rather than linking to it and then printing it when it has opened. Thanks in anticipation ...

PostScript to PDF
Hi, When you open a PostScript file with Preview (on Panther) it will convert the file to PDF. Does anyone know how I can do this in my programs ? Can I do this with Quartz ? Thanks Marc ...

PDF/H (PDF for Healthcare) ?
Hello, There had been discussion about a new PDF variant for Healthcare (PDF/H), coordinated by AIIM. There is a web site for its workgroup (http://pdf.editme.com/PDFH), but it doesn't seem active. Does anybody know what is the status of PDF/H? Any pointer? Pascal Sartoretti Hi Pascal, On Jan 30, 8:35 am, Pascal Sartoretti wrote: > Does anybody know what is the status of PDF/H? I've just become involved in the PDF/H working group. PDF/H is a Best Practices guide to the use of PDF within the healthcare domain. The first revision of the guide is in the editing process. The...

PDF / PS / PDF conversion
Hi, I need to add titles to some PDF files I've been sent. My normal method of hand-editting in Zap doesn't work for these particular files, so I did the following: 1. Display PDF file (using !PDF) 2. Print to PS file (using !PS3 and 'print to file') 3. Convert back to PDF, adding title (using !PrintPDF) This works, and the result looks the same despite reducing the filesize from 219k to 98k. But the hyperlinks are no longer hyperlinks - they're not displayed in blue or clickable. 1. Is there any way to retain the hyperlinks? 2. Is there an easier way to edit PDF file...

PDF output with pst-pdf
Hello all, pst-pdf manual says I can use include graphics with eps files so I try for example: \begin{figure}[ht] \begin{center} \includegraphics[width=0.6\textwidth]{figures/kripke.eps} \caption{Representation of Kripke Structure Example} \label{fig:kripke} \end{center} \end{figure} However, when pdflatex gets here: Error: pdflatex (file figures/kripke.pdf): cannot find image file ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not finished! Any suggestions? Cheers, Paulo Matos On 21-09-2007 10:16, Paulo Matos wrote: > pst-pdf manual says I can use include graphics with eps fi...

PDF To Postscript
PyPDF (and others) provide a very nice mechanism for creating and manipulating PDF documents. Is there any *Python* module or technique to turn a PDF document into Postscript [to print, for example]? ...

Postscript to pdf
Hello, I'm doing a software to make an id card for a school club so i used TKINTER to make this software. So i can enter details like name, student number etc.. So finally i got a Postscript file the problem is that i want to make a pdf file do you have any ideas? "convert ps to pdf" Thank u regards In a message of Sun, 20 Sep 2015 09:20:10 -0700, Bala Ji writes: >Hello, > >I'm doing a software to make an id card for a school club so i used TKINT= ER to make this software. >So i can enter details like name, student number etc.. > >So fina...

eps to pdf: cropped pdf
Hi, I create an EPS with gnuplot, run LaTeX, convert the PS with Ghostview to EPS (with automatical boundingbox correction) and then run epstopdf (or eps2pdf alternatively) in order to be able to use the graphic with pdflatex. The EPS seems to be OK, whereas the PDF is cropped. <http:// www.mrunix.de/forums/showthread.php?p=297298#post297298> How can I fix this problem? I tried to use eps2eps and ps2epsi, which didn't help. Only loading the EPS in Corel Draw and saving again in EPS seems to work but results in rather large files. I use Gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 5. ...

pdf derived from another pdf
Let density=@(z) lognpdf(z,4,1.3); %I want to construct a new pdf from density by only talking the distrubution of all %observations z>100 and normalize it by the mass of this tail. new_density=@(z) (density(find(z>100)))./quadgk(density,100,3000) but this is not working.....ideally quadgk(new_density,100,3000) should equal 1 but that is not hapenning.....any suggestions please..... > Let density=@(z) lognpdf(z,4,1.3); > %I want to construct a new pdf from density by only talking the > distrubution of all > %observations z>100 and normalize it by the mass of this ta...

PDF in matlab not the same as PDF in Excel
Ok I am really confused. I have a file with 30000 data points, that varies between 0 and 1. I can create a pdf plot of this data in Excel using frequency command, and say a hundred bins between 0.01 and 1. Now if I try to do the same in Matlab, using either hist or histc, the values I get in the bins are different to excel. Why is this? And how can I generate a pdf plot in Matlab that is the same in Excel? Would appreciate any help you could give me. I've spent many hours on this. Many thanks. "S " <enxss10@nottingham.ac.uk> wrote in message <i3vaeo$ggp$1@fred.mathwork...

Web resources about - PDF TO PDF/A - comp.lang.postscript

AnyBizSoft Document Software: Easy & Powerful PDF, EPUB Software
AnyBizSoft offers the best document software (PDF software and EPUB software).

Free PDF Converter - Print to PDF with doPDF
Free PDF converter you can use to create PDF from any printable document. Download this free PDF printer right now and use it to convert to PDF. ...

AutoCAD DWG to PDF Converter: Convert DWG to PDF, AutoCAD to PDF Converter with AcroCAD
AutoCAD DWG to PDF Converter allows you convert DWG to PDF, DXF to PDF directly without need of AutoCAD.

Free PDF to Word Online - Convert PDF to Word for Free
Wondershare Free PDF to Word Online is an online PDF to Word converter, enabling users to convert native/encrypted PDF to Word file for further ...

Nitro - Create, Convert & Edit PDF Files
Create and edit PDF files with our award-winning PDF software for business professionals. Start creating, editing and collaborating with PDF ...

PDF Printer - novaPDF - Create PDF files
novaPDF is a PDF printer for Windows 7/Vista/XP that lets you create PDF files from any type of document. You can download novaPDF and create ...

PDFMate Free PDF Converter - Easily Convert PDF to Text/EPUB/Image/HTML/SWF
PDFMate Free PDF Converter is a 5-in-1 PDF program to easily convert your PDF to editable Text files, common images, EPUB eBooks, HTML files, ...

PDF Document Management and Content Management, Tips for PDF Authoring - PDFzone
PDF Document Management and Content Management Tips for PDF Authoring PDFzone

Planet PDF - The PDF User Community - Debenu
The most comprehensive, popular and independent site focused on Adobe Acrobat/PDF. Sponsored by Debenu, ARTS PDF, Quick PDF Library, Nitro PDF, ...

PDF Converter — #1 Free PDF Creator — PrimoPDF
Downloaded by 15+ million users. Get Nitro's PDF converter and quickly convert to PDF from 300+ file types. PrimoPDF — the 100% FREE PDF creator! ...