PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES

Hello,

(gs 8.54 -Windows XP)
i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page:

gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf
It doesn't work.
Is works with jpeg files:
gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf
Thanks for Help.
Christophe BADET

comp.lang.postscript 3552 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Christophe BADET wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (gs 8.54 -Windows XP)
> i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page:
>
> gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf
> It doesn't work.
> Is works with jpeg files:
> gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf
> Thanks for Help.
> Christophe BADET

No, this technique won't work, since the pdfwrite device supports
multiple page output.  You can get the result this way

rem replace 33 with real last page number
for /L %i in (1,1,33) do gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dFirstPage=%i
-dLastPage=%i -sOutputFile=c:\fic-%i.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf

But a much easier way is to use pdftk:
pdftk.exe c:\colle.pdf burst

http://www.pdfhacks.com/pdftk/

0
rpresser (229)
11/27/2006 5:34:00 PM
In article <456b03f5$0$1027$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Christophe BADET
wrote:
> (gs 8.54 -Windows XP)
> i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page:

       PDF Tool Kit.
       As the home page (which you'll have to Google for) says "it's an
electronic staple-remover, hole punch, stapler and general tray of
tools for doing to PDFs what you'd do with ink-on-paper"
       Specifically, it has an "explode to separate pages" function.
       Command line ; I believe there are GUIs for it too.

--
 Aidan Karley, FGS
 Aberdeen, Scotland

PDF PDF PDF
For anyone struggling to figure out how to create a PDF in SWX it's pretty simple but you may have to have the Bluebeam version of swx FIRST go to Tools>Options and check "Save as PDF" Then you can save them right from the save as dialog. Maybe I'm the only dumbass that could't figure that out! ;0) But it was in help under "PDF" An easier way is to download a program from www.pdf995.com that "prints" you files to a PDF foramat. This program works with SW and any other program you use to print with. "3d" <jmiller at marvelindustri...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

PDF::Writer, create pdf and insert in other pdf file.
Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) the following code create a PDF: #!/usr/bin/ruby require 'pdf/writer' pdf = PDF::Writer.new pdf.text "Hello Matz", :font_size => 22 pdf.save_as "novo.pdf" ######################################## now I wanna save this pdf as a last page of a existing pdf. any tips? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ricardo Pog <ricardo85x@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi folks(wharever it mean my english is so bad...) > > > the following code create a PDF: > >...

Need Cups-PDF to actually create PDF not Postscript
From: CUPS 127.0.0.1:631 Description: Cups-PDF Location: RN Printer Driver: Generic postscript color printer rev4 Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published. Device URI: cups-pdf:/ Hi All, I am using CentOS 5.5. I installed cups-pdf-2.4.6-1.el5.i386.rpm and now have the nicest CUPS to Postscript printer. Okay, I need that to use with HylaFAX, but I also need a print to PDF (not Postscript). What did I do wrong? Many thanks, -T On 2010-06-05, Todd <todd@invalid.com> wrote: > From: CUPS 127.0.0.1:631 > Description: Cups-PDF > Location: RN > Printer...

Embedding PDF into PDF ?
I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Would I have to open the PDF as a text file and have my program locate a certain PDF command, then literally just stream the raw smaller PDF into it ? Any links or info would be very much aprpeciated Thanks Paul On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Paul Champan wrote: > I have read from websearching that it is possible to embed a smaller PDF > into a main PDF, but cannot find out how this is done. Do you want to merge 2 pdf files or "place" pdf files into a ...

Copy from a PDF to PDF
Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? Thanks in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I suppose it depends on which applications you have at hand. Acrobat will certainly do it. MSD Thx, I crop the desired rectangle in the first PDF, select it with the TouchUp Object Tool, then copy it, but the WHOLE page is pasted in the second PDF and I'd like to have only the part I want. At least this is what I get with ACROBAT 5.0. Am I doing something wrong? "WharfRat" <wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com> wrote in message news:BC09FB34.10D43%wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com... in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I...

4x PDF Help
Hi Everyone -- we've launched a new question and answer site for all PDF questions. It's based on the highly popular technology platform used by StackOverflow.com, and provides a great environment for getting your questions answered and answering other people's questions. Check it out --> http://help.4xpdf.com/ Cheers, - Rowan. ...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3e8da3$38634283@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gary_w1@hotline.com> wrote: > I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find > the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the > Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this > involves either > > 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with > control of the font, or > > 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to > an Arial font .pdf > > and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. > > So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a > mac or on a pc? Open the file in Quicken. Use the Arial font in the size of your choice. Select "Print" and then click on the "PDF" button on the print dialog box. Se...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file > with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? FrameMaker imports PDF files per page only. To do something similar to what you intend, I once came up with a Windows shell script that writes out a MIF file, incorporating the name of a referenced PDF file and its page count. Note that the MIF code was just stripped off a file and isn't constructed very nicely, but it does the job. After running the script, you should use FrameMaker to open and save the output file. There is no text flow, thus you can't import the file into a document, but you can use it as part of a book instead. Regards Johannes Here is the VB script, feel free to post an optimized version: Dim fso, mif, pdfname, pagecount, counter Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") pdfname = InputBox("Name o...

Image PDF to Searchable PDF
Hello, Is there any way to convert an image only PDF to a searchable PDF without going through a scanner? In other words, are there software that can do this task directly on the computer? Or, does using OCR software merely mean running the image PDF file through the software and produce a searchable PDF? What reliable softwares are available? Are there programs that run independently? That is, without needing full Acrobat or aome other adjunct software? Thanks, Guru gururajan20815@yahoo.com (Gururajan Ramachandran) wrote in message news:<f72691a.0311200601.27406ab7@posting.google.co...

Printing a PDF from Another PDF
is there any way I can print a PDF Document from another PDF. The reason I am asking this is that I have a PDF list containing approx. 50 PDF Documents and would like to be able to print a chosen Document from my list rather than linking to it and then printing it when it has opened. Thanks in anticipation ...

eps to pdf: cropped pdf
Hi, I create an EPS with gnuplot, run LaTeX, convert the PS with Ghostview to EPS (with automatical boundingbox correction) and then run epstopdf (or eps2pdf alternatively) in order to be able to use the graphic with pdflatex. The EPS seems to be OK, whereas the PDF is cropped. <http:// www.mrunix.de/forums/showthread.php?p=297298#post297298> How can I fix this problem? I tried to use eps2eps and ps2epsi, which didn't help. Only loading the EPS in Corel Draw and saving again in EPS seems to work but results in rather large files. I use Gnuplot 4.2 patchlevel 5. Gaius Verres Hi Gaius, If it's just the pdf output that you want, I'd suggest trying epslatex. It's something that worked well for me but can be a bit fiddly to implement. If you're running unix/linux then the process is pretty simple, as illustrated by Matthew Bohnsack's excellent article: http://bohnsack.com/?p=841. If you're using an alternative OS, then I'm afraid that I've not the foggiest. Regards, Dai You have to tell ps2pdf to build a pdf in the size of the eps. Otherwise it just converts to your standar paper format (A4,legal, whatever). The parameter ist something like ps2pdf -EPSFitPage filename.eps or -EPSCrop, don�t remember wich one and how it is spelt correctly. Documentation for these Parameter is sort of hard to find. Why this complicated setup? gnuplot makes eps, ghostscript make the pdf-plot, (pdf)latex ...

PDF/H (PDF for Healthcare) ?
Hello, There had been discussion about a new PDF variant for Healthcare (PDF/H), coordinated by AIIM. There is a web site for its workgroup (http://pdf.editme.com/PDFH), but it doesn't seem active. Does anybody know what is the status of PDF/H? Any pointer? Pascal Sartoretti Hi Pascal, On Jan 30, 8:35 am, Pascal Sartoretti wrote: > Does anybody know what is the status of PDF/H? I've just become involved in the PDF/H working group. PDF/H is a Best Practices guide to the use of PDF within the healthcare domain. The first revision of the guide is in the editing process. The...

Postscript to pdf
Hello, I'm doing a software to make an id card for a school club so i used TKINTER to make this software. So i can enter details like name, student number etc.. So finally i got a Postscript file the problem is that i want to make a pdf file do you have any ideas? "convert ps to pdf" Thank u regards In a message of Sun, 20 Sep 2015 09:20:10 -0700, Bala Ji writes: >Hello, > >I'm doing a software to make an id card for a school club so i used TKINT= ER to make this software. >So i can enter details like name, student number etc.. > >So fina...

PDF
The site I have, www.pdf.iconbar.com , isn't responding. Is there somewhere else I can get PDF? TIA, Best wishes, Peter. -- Peter \ / \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52 Anne \ / __ __ \ England. Cecilia / / \ | | |\ | / _ http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/pnyoung James / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \_____________ pnyoung@argonet.co.uk. In article <4c9c840220pnyoung@argonet.co.uk>, Dr P.N.Young <pnyoung@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > The site I have, www.pdf.iconbar.com , isn't responding. I...

PDF
Hi I used to create pdf-files using Abobe Acrobat 5.0 and its PDFWriter, setting the appropriate registry-keys in order to specify the folder/filename I wanted. : Root = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" Path = "Software\Adobe\Acrobat PDFWriter" Key = "PDFFileName" Abobe Acrobat 7.0 however doesn't have the PDFWriter anymore (as didn't version 6.0). So I use the Adobe PDF, which seems to work fine with the defaults I specified. But I'd like to control these settings from my vba-code. So can any of you guys tell me the precise registry-keys I need to set ? M...

PDF
I would like to search a text of 10 letters inside a pdf file, is it possible because i saw we can read a numeric value. ...

pdf
What's the best way to generate a PDF? alex.e.c@gmail.com wrote: > What's the best way to generate a PDF? The best way would probably be to buy a license for pdflib or download pdflib lite http://www.pdflib.com/products/pdflib-family/feature-comparison/ On May 22, 10:29 am, "alex....@gmail.com" <alex....@gmail.com> wrote: > What's the best way to generate a PDF? Trampoline! (http://wiki.tcl.tk/13033): To convert a canvas into pdf pdf4tcl (http://wiki.tcl.tk/13449): drawing commands on a pdf page text2pdf (http://wiki.tcl.tk/20179): for simple text into pdf Keith On May 22, 11:35 am, Bryan Oakley <oak...@bardo.clearlight.com> wrote: > alex....@gmail.com wrote: > > What's the best way to generate a PDF? > > The best way would probably be to buy a license for pdflib or download > pdflib lite > > http://www.pdflib.com/products/pdflib-family/feature-comparison/ On May 22, 12:36 pm, keithv <kvet...@gmail.com> wrote: > On May 22, 10:29 am, "alex....@gmail.com" <alex....@gmail.com> wrote: > > > What's the best way to generate a PDF? > > Trampoline! (http://wiki.tcl.tk/13033):To convert a canvas into pdf > pdf4tcl (http://wiki.tcl.tk/13449):drawing commands on a pdf page > text2pdf (http://wiki.tcl.tk/20179):for simple text into pdf > > Keith output your canvas to postscript then use utilities such as ps2pdf to convert to pdf. As far as I can tell the...

PDF
Hi All, How can I read PDF-forms in my VB-program? Is there a freeware OCX/ActiveX? Emile ...

pdf
hi guys! How can i implement an empirical pdf without using "hist"? thx mario wrote: > > > hi guys! > How can i implement an empirical pdf without using "hist"? > thx > > help ecdf if you have the stats toolbox. ...

PDF
Which procedure is used to enlarge the image in acrobat reader girish.dandi@gmail.com wrote: > Which procedure is used to enlarge the image in acrobat reader > In the toolbar, look for the zoom level (expressed as percent). This is a combo box: you can scroll through the dropdown list and pick a percentage or you can type a percentage into the box. You can also click the + or - button next to the box. You can also select the zoom tool (magnifying glass with a + inside it). If you hold the Ctrl key down, the cursor changes to a magnifying glass with a - inside it and clicking ...

PDF
Does anyone know of any softwares (freeware, shareware..) that is available that will convert the file from dwg to PDF format? I need this info by today. Thanks "Arman Pejic" <arman69@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:3fdd047b_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > Does anyone know of any softwares (freeware, shareware..) that is > available that will convert the file from dwg to PDF format? > I need this info by today. > > Thanks > > HiHo; This on works for free http://www.pdf995.com/ and this site will do it for you http://www.k2pdf.com/ "Arman Pejic" <arman69@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:3fdd047b_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > Does anyone know of any softwares (freeware, shareware..) that is > available that will convert the file from dwg to PDF format? > I need this info by today. > > Thanks > > PDFCreator http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ "PDFCreator has been great!!! It works with all the programs I've = printed from... No problems with AutoCAD drawings either!" Acroplot http://cadzation.com "Acroplot is excellent. Can't recommend it highly enough." Free pdf http://webxd.com/zipguy/freepdf.htm "Free PDF Is my favorite. I highly recommend it. Adobe Acrobat writer = has a problem with Text masks and Wipeouts, while Free PDF works = flawlessly. I've done comparative tests on the same Dwg'...

pdf
Hi all ! Is there a mode for reading pdf-files in emacs ? Thanks Erik Flatman <flatman@swing.be> writes: > Hi all ! > > Is there a mode for reading pdf-files in emacs ? > > Thanks > Erik No, not that I'm aware of. What I do is use pdftotext and convert to a text representation - but you lose formatting etc. You can configure dired to run a shell command, such as xpdf, when you try to view a pdf. Tim -- Tim Cross The e-mail address on this message is FALSE (obviously!). My real e-mail is to a company in Australia called rapttech and my login is tcross - if ...

pdf
Hello. What ways exist to convert a notebook to pdf format? Thanks a lot. Hi, print it to PostScript and use the Acrobat Distiller Regards Jens dimitris wrote: > Hello. > > What ways exist to convert a notebook to pdf format? > > Thanks a lot. > On Jan 24, 2:33 am, "dimitris" <dimmec...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello. > > What ways exist to convert a notebook to pdf format? > > Thanks a lot. If on a mac OS X 10.x simply "print" the notebook an save as a pdf. Pehaps windows has a similar fun...

Web resources about - PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES - comp.lang.postscript

TinyScan Pro - PDF scanner to scan multipage documents on the App Store on iTunes
Get TinyScan Pro - PDF scanner to scan multipage documents on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Kindle for iOS adds line spacing, multipage highlights, accessibility improvements, more
... a number of notable improvements. Included in version 3.8 of the app is the ability to adjust line spacing to loose, normal or tight, and multipage ...

Price Drop: TurboScan: quickly scan multipage documents into high-quality PDFs
TurboScan: quickly scan multipage documents into high-quality PDFs 2.6.4 Device: iOS iPhone Category: Business Price: Free, Version: 2.6.4 ( ...

SharpScan Pro + OCR: rapidly scan multipage documents into clean PDF on the go
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Scanbot Scans and Uploads Multipage PDFs Directly to the Cloud
Android: In the future, paper (much like running) will only exist for recreation, for fun. In the meantime, we still have to deal with annoying ...

JotNot Scanner Pro: scan multipage documents to PDF
Get JotNot Scanner Pro: scan multipage documents to PDF on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Kindle for iOS Updated with Line Spacing Options, Multipage Highlights
Amazon has updated its Kindle iOS app to version 3.8, adding the ability to adjust line spacing in the app along with multipage highlights that ...

Amazon’s Kindle for iOS gets line spacing options, multipage highlights, textbook note filters, and more ...
Amazon today released an update for its native Kindle app for iOS, adding new features such as line spacing options and multipage highlights. ...

„TinyScan Pro - PDF scanner to scan multipage documents“ für iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone ...
Holen Sie sich „TinyScan Pro - PDF scanner to scan multipage documents“ im App Store. Sehen Sie sich Screenshots, Bewertungen und Kundenrezensionen ...

iTunes 的 App Store 中的“Fine Scanner PRO : Scan multipage docs, passport or receipt from paper and save ...
在 App Store 上获取《Fine Scanner PRO : Scan multipage docs, passport or receipt from paper and save in PDF or JPEG》。查看屏幕截图和评分并阅读顾客评价。