problem converting the postscript file to pdf using ghostscript

i have a post script file which has four pagees
three pages are in Potrait and the fourth is landscape
when i run command this command "gswin32c -q -dLOCALFONTS -dSAFER
-dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dAutoRotatePages=/None
-sOutputFile=c:\S100834431_GScript_6.pdf -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -c
..setpdfwrite -f C:\S100834431.ps"
it generates a pdf file i get the first three pages correct but the
fourth page which was landscape is not displayed properly
pls help me

comp.lang.postscript 3552 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Where to find free software to convert PDF file to Postscript file in Solaris 8
Hello, Is there any free download-able Solaris 8 program to convert PDF file to PostScript file ? Something similiar to the pre-packaged "pdftops" program under /usr/ sfw/bin in Solaris 10. Thanks, Bill underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com writes: >Is there any free download-able Solaris 8 program to convert PDF file >to PostScript file ? >Something similiar to the pre-packaged "pdftops" program under /usr/ >sfw/bin in Solaris 10. Thats part of the xpdf package. You can get that from Blastwave.. underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I...

PostScript to Troff Converter (*Not Troff to PostScript Converter*)
Is a utility available to convert PostScript into a troff input file? Here's where I'm going with this... There is an existing PDF form that can be converted to PS. Using the PS ou= tput, I'd like to somehow generate an equivalent troff input file. The inp= ut file would be used as a template which would be dynamically filled by a = script, run through troff and grops to create a PS file, and from there a c= onverted to a PDF for delivery. I figure that this may be a way of getting around the use of Java's iText o= n my otherwise bare-bones BSD box, but am unsure whether it is even possibl= e to convert PS to troff input... On Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:07:22 PM UTC-5, gjwat...@gmail.com wrote: > Is a utility available to convert PostScript into a troff input file? >=20 > Here's where I'm going with this... >=20 > There is an existing PDF form that can be converted to PS. Using the PS = output, I'd like to somehow generate an equivalent troff input file. The i= nput file would be used as a template which would be dynamically filled by = a script, run through troff and grops to create a PS file, and from there a= converted to a PDF for delivery. >=20 > I figure that this may be a way of getting around the use of Java's iText= on my otherwise bare-bones BSD box, but am unsure whether it is even possi= ble to convert PS to troff input... I've never heard of such a utility and I think i...

postscript file and pdf file
Dear Sir: On web if I need to download an ariticle, most of them are pdf files, which I can open it through acroread program. Ocassionally, there are postscript files(ps files). I noticed the size of a ps file is very big, while pdf file is small. I am curious why some people use ps files, not pdf files. I know that it is very easy to use ps2pdf, pdf2ps to change between them. I am just wondering if there is any advantage for using postscript files. By the way, for printing a postscript file, the printer needs to be a postscript printer, right? Thank you very much. Best Regards, Xiaoshen Xiaoshen Li wrote: > > I am curious why some people use ps files, not pdf files. I know that it > is very easy to use ps2pdf, pdf2ps to change between them. I am just > wondering if there is any advantage for using postscript files. > Very little advantage over PDF that I can imagine, for most purposes, and in fact any device-specific code there may be in a PS file can cause problems on other types of printer than the one originally specified. I think most of these files would be 'legacies' from before PDF became so widespread, or are created out of reluctance to adopt a newer format. Although raster images in PS files will typically be of much higher resolution than those in "screen optimized" PDFs intended for distribution over networks, the PDF format is equally capable of supporting high-quality imaging. While a PS file containing programmin...

How to convert eps to pdf with pdf file size same as the eps file BBox? (using ps2pdf)
I want to convert an eps file to a pdf file and the paper size of the newly created pdf file be the same as the BBox of the eps file. Would you please show me what options I should specify if I use ps2pdf? Or you can tell me some other ways. Thanks, Peng > I want to convert an eps file to a pdf file and the paper size of the > newly created pdf file be the same as the BBox of the eps file. Would > you please show me what options I should specify if I use ps2pdf? Or > you can tell me some other ways. This will do it: -dEPSCrop Govert Govert J. Knopper wrote: >> I want...

Using ghostscript to convert postscript to pure black and white.
Hello, can someone please provide instructions on how to use ghostscript to convert postscript into pure black and white? The end result can be either postscript or pdf. Please provide example, as I only know the most basic syntax of ps2pdf. What do you get out of it? You get to be called The MAN! or The WOMAN! On May 12, 11:20=A0pm, sean_n <seannakas...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, can someone please provide instructions on how to use > ghostscript to convert postscript into pure black and white? =A0The end > result can be either postscript or pdf. =A0Please provide example, as I > only know the most basic syntax of ps2pdf. =A0What do you get out of > it? =A0You get to be called The MAN! =A0or The WOMAN! (Presumably you mean grayscale, not pure black and white; i.e., change blue into a shade of gray, not 100% black.) Doing it with Ghostscript (and keeping it in vector form, i.e. not rasterizing everything) will require redefining the color operators. I'm not sure it's been done. As a practical matter it's simpler to convert to PDF, then use Acrobat Reader to print to a postscript file using a B/W PPD. Another option is to convert to PDF, then use pdftops -level 1 -paper match input.pdf output.ps to make a Level 1 Postscript file. converting this Level 1 postscript back to PDF gives you a nice grayscale PDF. (The level 1 postscript can be bulky.) However pdftops is not part of ghostscript, but part of the xpdf distribution. Ghostscri...

end of line problems when downloading PostScript (PDF) file
Hi I have a file on a server that I can download just fine with a web browser. But when I download it with a Perl script, I get weird end of line codes, which mess up the PDF file. For example, all 0D 0A end of line pairs get received as 0D 0D 0A . Any ideas how to get the file received correctly?> Thanks, grg "Ancient_Hacker" <grg2@comcast.net> wrote: >Hi I have a file on a server that I can download just fine with a web >browser. But when I download it with a Perl script, I get weird end of >line codes, which mess up the PDF file. > >For example, all 0D 0A end of line pairs get received as 0D 0D 0A . > >Any ideas how to get the file received correctly? This is going to sound pretty glib, but I think the only answer can be to fix your Perl script. Maybe you are processing the PDF as if it is "lines" instead of binary data. ---------------------------------------- Aandi Inston Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them. Aandi Inston wrote: > "Ancient_Hacker" <grg2@comcast.net> wrote: > > >Hi I have a file on a server that I can download just fine with a web > >browser. But when I download it with a Perl script, I get weird end of > >line codes, which mess up the PDF file. > > > >For example, all 0D 0A end of line pairs get received as 0D 0D 0A . > > > >Any ideas how to get the file received correctly? >...

Problems converting PDF to PDF/A with ghostscript
I am running Ghostscript 8.71 on Windows. I have tried just about every combination of switches and ICC profiles. The command that seems to work the best is as follows: gswin32 -dPDFA -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOOUTERSAVE -dUseCIEColor - sProcessColorModel=DeviceCMYK -sDEVICE=pdfwrite - sOutputFile=out_pdfa.pdf input_pdf.pdf This yields a seemingly valid PDF/A-1b (CMYK) for most files. I am able to open the files in acrobat and successfully validate the conformity of the document to the aforementioned PDF/A standard. Certain files do not pass the PDF/A conformity validation in Acrobat, despite the note in Acrobat stating the file is being viewed in PDF/A mode. The preflight test reports the following error: CIDset in subset font is incomplete ArialBoldItalicMT 14.112 pt TrueType (CID) embedded (as a subset) If I convert the offensive input_pdf.pdf file using Acrobat by printing to the Adobe PDF printer and selecting the PDF/A-1b (CMYK) standard the output PDF passes the preflight without any errors. Does anyone have any suggestions for consistently producing valid PDF/ A-1b (CMYK) documents with Ghostscript? Cheers! In article <6cfcdbba-47de-4be1-8e93- 1d4255ab0ebf@t2g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, brent.m.edwards@gmail.com says... > I am running Ghostscript 8.71 on Windows. I have tried just about > every combination of switches and ICC profiles. The command that seems > to work the best is as follows: > > gswin32 -dPDFA -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOOUTERSA...

html files convert to postscript files
Hi, Sometimes I hope to print the web page. I either just print directly from web browser or save the page as foo.htm and print it later. But it is a little hard to read them, because they don't look like pdf files which are easy to read. Recetnly I learned that there is a program to convert html file to ps file (which of course can be converted from ps file to pdf file). After installation, the command is html2ps. I am wondering if it works well, if you have more information about it. Thank you very much. Best Regards, Xiaoshen Xiaoshen Li <xli6@gmu.edu> wrote: >Hi, > >Sometimes I hope to print the web page. I either just print directly >from web browser or save the page as foo.htm and print it later. But it >is a little hard to read them, because they don't look like pdf files >which are easy to read. In case you have Acrobat installed on your computer you may simply open an URL in Acrobat and save the converted file. The format will be PDF. You can optionally include all web pages that are referenced by the page you are going to open. Norbert ...

Converting PDF to Postscript
Hi, Is there anyway to use GhostScript to convert a PDF in to Postscript? If not what tools are out there that allow you do do this from a command line with no interaction? Thanks -Howard On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:30:29 -0700 (PDT), Howard Webb wrote: > Is there anyway to use GhostScript to convert a PDF in to Postscript? Yes. pdf2ps is a script that will use gs to do this conversion. > If not what tools are out there that allow you do do this from a > command line with no interaction? But a better conversion is usually obtained by using pdftops which is bundled with xpdf (or poppler-utils in some Linux distributions). Bob T. In article <slrnh71e7n.3gp.BobT@linus.cs.queensu.ca>, BobT@cs.queensu.ca says... > On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:30:29 -0700 (PDT), Howard Webb wrote: > > > Is there anyway to use GhostScript to convert a PDF in to Postscript? > > Yes. pdf2ps is a script that will use gs to do this conversion. The pdf2ps script uses the pswrite device, a level 1 PostScript output device. You will get better results (considerably better) by using the ps2write device, which outputs level 2 PostScript instead. Unless you require DSC conformance or level 1 output you should use ps2write instead. The ps2ps2 script will do this and despite the name works for PDF input as well as PostScript input. Ken On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:18:01 +0100, ken wrote: > In article <slrnh71e7n.3gp.BobT@linus.cs.queensu.ca>, BobT@cs.quee...

Postscript and PDF-Files
Hi Folks, is there any module or other possibilty to convert postscript-files generated by the postscript-method of the canvas-widget into a pdf-file ??? Thanks Pit wrote: > Hi Folks, > > is there any module or other possibilty to convert postscript-files > generated by the postscript-method of the canvas-widget into a pdf-file > ??? > > Thanks You may use the ps2pdf program included in the ghostscript package from alladin software or a windows one called pdfwriter (search google for both) depending on the platform you use. rgds -- Johnn...

convert from PDF to postscript
We are creating PDF files in our application and storing them, but we must also print them. I have it narrowed down to executing LPR from the application. Sample postscript files printed OK with this command, so I need to convert PDF files to postscript. I've been looking for something to do this and can't find it. I found such things as a2ps and pdf2ps but no java implementation of these. Help is desperately needed converting PDF to PS for printing. hanks "David McDivitt" <x12code-del@del-yahoo.com> wrote in message news:vhvfv0p0ot5lnl236cefdvc61fdvno5cbj@4ax.com......

Converting fonts in preexisting postscript files obtained from dvi files
I often wondered, wheter it is possible to convert a postscript file converted from a dvi file which contains bitmap fonts to a file with outline fonts, provided those are installed in the system. It happens quite often that one finds old papers on the net, where the fonts have been embedded in bitmap form - and they of course do not scale and look awful when converted to pdf. But the dvi file is not available! Usually, when the dvi file is available one can just convert it to pdf with dvips on a machine with outline fonts installed to have a nice ps file, and a nice pdf file from that afterwards. Maybe somebody already wrote a software package to replace the fonts. If so, does anybody knows it? thanks in advance Roberto --- "Roberto Avanzi" <roberto.avanzi@gmail.com> wrote: > I often wondered, wheter it is possible to convert a postscript file > converted from a > dvi file which contains bitmap fonts to a file with outline fonts, > provided those are > installed in the system. If the used dvips version is not too old, you can try pkfix (CTAN:support/pkfix). Yours sincerely Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de> "Roberto Avanzi" <roberto.avanzi@gmail.com> writes: >I often wondered, wheter it is possible to convert a postscript file >converted from a dvi file which contains bitmap fonts to a file with >outline fonts, provided those are installed in the system. > >It happens quite often that one f...

Using IEEE joboptions file with ghostscript to create PDF files
TeX and ghostscript gurus, IEEE has Acrobat distiller joboptions file to be used while creating PDF files to be submitted to IEEE. I have searched through google on the topic, but the hints does not work for me. The only symptom that the joboptions file is not fully used that *I* can verify is that not all the fonts are embedded. My environments are 1. System : Linux (RedHat 9) with kernel 2.4.29 2. TeX : tetex-2.0.2 3. Ghostscript: AFPL ghostscript-8.50 I have a sample latex file for a conference paper named test.tex. It uses IEEEtran.cls and it calls several eps files generated from xfig-3.2.3d(linux version) and matlab 7.0.1(windows version). I have used the font Courier only in creating the figures and plots in eps format. I will show the following commands and outputs. (I'll add > in front for my own comments) [dhk@dhkpc1 test]$ dvips -Ppdf -D7200 -t letter -o test.ps test.dvi This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com) ' TeX output 2005.02.24:0826' -> test.ps <tex.pro><alt-rule.pro><texc.pro><8r.enc><f7b6d320.enc><aae443f0.enc> <bbad153f.enc><texps.pro><special.pro>. <cmsy7.pfb><cmr8.pfb><cmr6.pfb> <cmmi8.pfb><cmsy8.pfb><cmsy10.pfb><cmr10.pfb><cmr7.pfb><cmmi10.pfb><cmr9.pfb> [1<figs/transition_perspective3.eps>] [2<figs/cpw_surface2.eps> <plots/sparameters50.eps>] [3<...

Need tips regarding converting PostScript-files to TIFF-files.
Hi. I have tried several programs converting PS-files to TIFF-files without any success :-( I have some maps in PS-files (actually PS2 (not Play Station2 :-) )) wich I want to convert to TIFF-files with LZW-compression. I need to obtain the size and accuracy of the file, and the files are in size A3 (papersize) to A0. The rumor is that GhostScript will fix this, but the TIFF-file that comes out is not in the same size that goes in ang usually I loose the colors too. The reason for choosing TIFF with LZW is that this is the accepted format in our archiving system. So: I need a program that preferrably can take several color PS-files, and convert them into color TIFF-files with LZW-compression. The best way is that a program can monitor a catalogue and convert every file that is put there, but it will also be actual with a program that can batch the conversion. I hope someone can help me :-) Please send a copy of your response to: bjorge.stavik@pbe.oslo.kommune.no Thanx. Bj�rge Bj�rge Stavik: [...] >The rumor is that GhostScript will fix this, but the TIFF-file that comes >out is not in the same size that goes in ang usually I loose the colors >too. If you don't get another answer here, ask in the newsgroup comp.lang.postscript or gnu.ghostscript.bug, according to <http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/usenet.htm> these are the places where the GhostScript people will notice. Regards, Marco ...

postscript to postscript conversion (based on .ppd files)
Hi all, Is it possible to convert postscript content generated based on one ..ppd file to postscript specific to another .ppd file?? Thank you, Mohammed Riyaz P. ...

postscript and pdf missing base postscript fonts
I am in the process of sending my ph.d. thesis to a printing firm, and I am trying to create a pdf file that suits them. My first attempt met some objections, most nobably the absence of embedded Times, Helvetica etc. All the other fonts (I used a custom type 1 font for the body text) were embedded in the pdf file. I use teTeX 1.0.7 and ghostscript 7.05 to generate the pdf through the dvips -> ps2pdf route. I am a little reluctant to upgrade these so close to a deadline. Indeed, Times and Helvetica were not embedded. When I look at the psfonts.map file in $TEXMF/dvips/config, I find indeed that for e.g. Times-Italic, a pfb file is not indicated for the base postscript fonts. On my (postscript) laserprinter this is not a problem, I guess, because it probably has the base fonts loaded in the hardware postscript RIP in the printer. My questions are: 1. How can I make dvips or ps2pdf mbed Type 1 fonts for the base postscript fonts. 2. If this is possible, does this mean I have to recreate all the graphs I made through datafile -> gnuplot -> pslatex -> dvips ? 3. Or can I just tell the printing firm that their film-printer of direct-to-plate printer must have these fonts resident in hardware if they are postscript-based? Thanks Kreutzer On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, kreutzer wrote: > I am in the process of sending my ph.d. thesis to a printing > firm, and I am trying to create a pdf file that suits them. > > My first attempt met ...

perl module to convert a postscript image file to a jpeg/gif/xpm file
Hi, Is there any perl module to convert a postscript file to a jpeg or gif format. I create the postscript file from a canvas object which dumps the display of the canvas to the postscript file. I thought of using WinPhoto to save it in an xpm format but then again I did not know how to save the non visible portions of the window into the xpm file. I thought there might be some modules available for the conversion but couldnt find any out there. Or if there is a way to save the canvas image (both visible and invisible parts) to a suitable file then it would be great for me to use. ...

Ghostscript converting pdf problem
When attempting to create an image from a pdf file, instead of creating the output file, data is sent to the printer. Why? Here's my command line: C:\Documents and Settings\me\Desktop>"c:\program files\gs\gs9.00\bin \gs win32c" -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=png16m -dPrinted=false - sOutputfile='c:\yadda 1.png' xl1.pdf Thanks very much. On Oct 12, 3:58=A0pm, johnniec <jpcart...@gmail.com> wrote: > When attempting to create an image from a pdf file, instead of > creating the output file, data is sent to the printer. Why? > > Here's my command line: > > C:\Documents and Settings\me\Desktop>"c:\program files\gs\gs9.00\bin > \gs > win32c" -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=3Dpng16m -dPrinted=3Dfalse - > sOutputfile=3D'c:\yadda > 1.png' xl1.pdf > > Thanks very much. I've never heard of -dPrinted. I'd recommend adding the gs/bin to your path to avoid all that typing and quoting. It looks like you may have a space between the hyphen and sOutputfile. It it were me, I'd try somehow to stick to directories and files without spaces in them. It's difficult to see what the problem may be without seeing the output, unwrapped. I'm also not sure how whatever-os-this-is interprets single quotes. If you do have a space between the hyphen and sOutputFile (should be a big 'F', too, btw), then hyphen is interpreted to mean "read the standard input file first before any other file...

OPro/ Postscript/ PDF problem
Hi all, I never know where the problem might lie with these things, so I'll just cover all my bases: using Ovation Pro 2.74, PoScript2 printer driver supplied with RISC OS 5.08 and !ps2pdf v.004 I have some problems converting an ovation pro file to a pdf. The OPro file and my pdf attempt are zipped up here: http://www.sendu.me.uk/postings/pdfproblem.zip (~2MB) Firstly, the OPro file uses a non-standard font 'andale'. When the pdf is viewed under a RISC OS viewer like !PDF text in andale doesn't get anti-aliased (eg. first word, third paragraph, first page of pdf). If it'...

Batch converting of PDF files into searchable PDF files
Hello Group We need to convert about 500 multipage non-searchable PDF files into searchable PDF files. The original PDFs just contain the scanned documents and we plan to run them through an OCR program which will afterwards save them back in the PDF format. It seems that Omnipage 12 Pro Office edition would be able to do the job but Omnipage 12 Standard, which is much less expensive, seems to have many of the same features. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a resource which lists the exact differences between the two programs. For now we'd require only one or two licences...

convert PDF to Postscript by javascript
I need to convert PDF to Postscript files: I know that my Acrobat 5 give me the possibility to save a PDF in Postscript but I would like to create a Javascript to have this thing in batch. I tried to modify an existing batch sequence and obtained this code <</Commands [/c <<>>] /Input [/c << /FileVariation [/i 2] /SourceFileOptions [/c <<>>] >>] /Output [/c << /AddToBaseName [/b false] /DontOverwrite [/b false] /FileVariation [/i 0] /HandlerUniqueID [/s (com.adobe.acrobat.ps)] /InsertAfterBaseName [/t ()] /InsertBeforeBaseName [/t ()] /O...

using Using Ghostscript on certain PDF files fails to generate thumbnails: Error: /undefined in --get--
We have a few PDF's that we get that were generated via Illustrator. You can confirm that by simply viewing the following files via a text editor like Wordpad. We are using Ghostscript to generate JPG thumbnails of PDF files. Many work fine but there are several cases where the thumbnail generation fails. We noticed that in Acrobat 6 the files will not open and throw an "Expected a non-negative integer." message upon opening. Note that the "MediaBox" field has negative numbers (seen via opening the file via a text editor), but then we compensate for that and the thumbnail still does not generate. Also, when you open the file in Acrobat 5.0, you get a very quick message that "The file is being repaired" and when you try to close the file, you get a confirmation message to save changes. File that generated a thumbnail: http://ld.livecache.net/F/340541/AARPFLredwave.pdf A "bad" file that did not generate a thumbnail: http://ld.livecache.net/F/347813/AARPtagFLbig293.pdf A file that was fixed after just opening and saving in Acrobat 5.0 and generated a thumbnail: http://ld.livecache.net/F/348115/AARPtagFL293_fixed.pdf from the log file: ESP Ghostscript 7.05 (2003-02-05) Copyright (C) 2002 artofcode LLC, Benicia, CA. All rights reserved. This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details. Error: /undefined in --get-- Operand stack: PageCount --dict:1/1(L)-- Root Execution stack: %interp_exit .runexec2 ...

font to use in Postscript file
It is possible to specify a Postscript font when outputing an EPS file ? In theory the library command Tk_PostscriptFontName should do that. I read the on-line manual page about this command. Unluckily there is no example and feel at a loss about its usage. I would appreciate if someone could show me an example of Tk_PostscriptFontName usage in connection with the posrtscript canvas-subcommand. How shall I select a font name among the ones that should be correctly interpreted (Avant Garde, Arial, Bookman, Courier, Courier New, Geneva, Helvetica, Monaco, New Century Schoolbook, New York, Palatino, Symbol, Times, Times New Roman, Zapf Chancery, and Zapf Dingbats ) ? Thank you in advance, Maura maura.monville@gmail.com wrote: > It is possible to specify a Postscript font when outputing an EPS file? Yes, using a font map array, but I've never done it. The defaults always worked enough for what I was doing at the time. (I think I was actually using a postscript-font X font server at the time, but it was long ago so I could be wrong.) Donal. I'm experiencing a lot of problems in the conversion EPS to PDF. I use the utility "ps2pdf13". It works fine on Linux by using both adobe-courier, courier, times. But on a Sun station the above conversion corrupts most of the labels. This is due to Ghostscript having its own font system. The EPS file refers to a font "Fixed", which is not defined in a default ghostscript configuration, so all gs can do i...

convert postscript to .frm file
Dear friends, I have a question about converting postscript file to a form file (extension .frm) which could be recognized by an existing application software. I believe this existing software was developed by Visual C++ and the users can create .frm files to generate the forms. The form file is an ASCII file and can only be recognized by the software. After the form file is saved, a corresponding postscript file will also be generated. My assignment is to convert an existing postscript to the .frm file which could be used by the software. In other words, if the user has the postscript file, he/she doesn't need to draw the form manually again. It could be saved as .frm form file which could be used with the software. (Hope it is clear...) Does anybody know some softwares or methods to solve the problem? Thanks in advance. Willie whe@cs.unt.edu wrote in news:1121285279.040686.165870 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Dear friends, > > I have a question about converting postscript file to a form file > (extension .frm) which could be recognized by an existing application > software. Willie, Does your question stem from a) an assignment for a Computer Science class? b) a research project leading to an academic degree? c) work given to you by your employer? d) other? (please specify) Hi, Jim, It is #3, a work in my company. Do you think if it is doable? Thanks, Willie Jim Land wrote: > whe@cs.unt.edu wrote in news:1121285279.040686.165870 &g...

Web resources about - problem converting the postscript file to pdf using ghostscript - comp.lang.postscript

Ghostscript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ghostscript is a suite of software based on an interpreter for Adobe Systems ' PostScript and Portable Document Format (PDF) page description ...

Ghostscript 9.0 supports ICC profiles
... also supports ICC colour profiles and allows third-party Colour Management Modules (CMMs) to be integrated The developers have released Ghostscript ...

Bill Casselman's course page
PostScript is an interpreted language originally intended for use in printers.It can be used for many tasks involving complicatedgraphics, and ...

GhostPCL, GhostPDF, and GhostXPS
GhostPCL is Artifex Software's implementation of the PCL-5™ and PCL-XL™ family of page description languages. For more information please see ...

FileOptimizer can compress 33 different formats
... The program is essentially a front end for a host of other tools. Present it with a PDF file, say, and behind the scenes it’ll call up Ghostscript ...

The comet is here: Icaros 1.4 has been released!
We are really excited to announce the immediate availability of the new "point release" of Icaros Desktop, the most known distribution of the ...

Coders at Work: L Peter Deutsch
A prodigy, L Peter Deutsch started programming in the late ’50s, at age 11, when his father brought home a memo about the programming of design ...

Commands tagged mate - commandlinefu.com
Great UNIX/Bash commands tagged with mate - see these and many other invaluable command-line nuggets at commandlinefu.com

Cygwin Gold Stars
Cygwin Install Cygwin Update Cygwin Search Packages Licensing Terms Cygwin/X Community Reporting Problems Mailing Lists Newsgroups Gold Stars ...

World atlas of Flickr geotaggers is maptastic
The maps are ordered by the number of pictures taken in the central cluster of each one. This is a little unfair to aggressively polycentric ...