Unattended Install for GS and GSVIEW

I'd like to install ghostscript and gsview in an unattended manner for
my users.  Are there command line switches for the install/setup?  I
don't want the user to have to interact with the setup program.  I'd
like to set all defaults and have them each install to a specific
directory.
0
sstewa (2)
12/19/2003 6:33:57 PM
comp.lang.postscript 3552 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Steve Stewart" <sstewa@maytag.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to install ghostscript and gsview in an unattended manner for
> my users.  Are there command line switches for the install/setup?  I
> don't want the user to have to interact with the setup program.  I'd
> like to set all defaults and have them each install to a specific
> directory.

Unzip the Ghostscript self installing EXE and run
  setup "c:\program files\gs\gs8.12"
Unzip the GSview self installing EXE and run
  setup "c:\program files\gsview"

0
gsviewREMOVE (133)
12/22/2003 11:24:48 AM
"Russell Lang" <gsviewREMOVE@NOSPAM.ghostgum.com.au> wrote in message news:<4wAFb.61657$aT.42391@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> "Steve Stewart" <sstewa@maytag.com> wrote in message
> > I'd like to install ghostscript and gsview in an unattended manner for
> > my users.  Are there command line switches for the install/setup?  I
> > don't want the user to have to interact with the setup program.  I'd
> > like to set all defaults and have them each install to a specific
> > directory.
>
> Unzip the Ghostscript self installing EXE and run
>   setup "c:\program files\gs\gs8.12"
> Unzip the GSview self installing EXE and run
>   setup "c:\program files\gsview"

Thanks for the input.  You got me headed in the right direction.  I
ended up extracting to a specific folder and then using these
commands:

Ghostscript

setupgs "c:\specific_path"
note - only need quotes if a space is in the path, and don't include
gs8.xx, as the setup program adds that and it will be duplicated if
you add it.

Ghostview

setup "c:\specific_path"
note - only need quotes for a path with spaces, and don't need gsview
subfolder, as the setup program defaults to this and if you include it
you'll get c:\specified_path\gsview\gsview for example.

Thanks
0
sstewa (2)

Unattended Postscript Printer Installation.
Please help. I need to be able to install a postscript printer driver (any sort) but it must be capable of installing silently and being able to set the port, name etc via command line for ini/lst files. Can anyone point me towards one. Thanks, Dennis. ...

Unattended installation
Hi, I'm trying to set up automated installs of adobe software from the server, for InDesign 2.0, Illustrator 10 and photoshop 7. I have been in touch with adobe tech support and it's not something they "support" so i thought i'd ask the experts if theres a way of doing this and if there is, how do i do it. Any help or pointers in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks in Advance Alan. What do you mean by "Automated"? Do you mean that if you have a new version, a message will be send to every user when he start PS on his machine say "There is a...

Unattended installation?
Hello all, Does FreeBSD have an unattended installation? If so, where can I find more information? TIA Cheers, Leen -- A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail? In article <ccpd8v$nto$1@news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>, Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@no.where> wrote: > > >Hello all, > >Does FreeBSD have an unattended installation? If so, where can I find more >information? man sysinstall -- Conrad ...

Unattended Installs
I am working with automated installs and am trying to set the answer file so that during installation it does not use the entire harddrive as one large C: drive. We are trying to create a 4 or 5 Gb NTFS partition and install Windows 2000 in there, then save whatever is left for an extended partition. We have been trying *NUMEROUS* different things, basically anything in the Unattended.doc reference file on the CD that mentions partitions we have played with, but have yet been able to make it work. Thanks in advance, Michael Michael wrote: > I am working with automated instal...

Windows service does not recognize additional installed postscript fonts (type 1) when creating postscript files (exceptions are windows standard Arial, Courier New, etc.)
Windows 2000 receives command line parameters over the Oracle Report Runtime (rwrun60.exe) to create the postscript files. If we send the statement directly from the server, the postscripts files are being created without any problems. If the call is triggert by an external procedure on an Oracle DB(8.1.7.4.1) the services takes the Windows standard fonts and does not recognize the additionally installed postscript fonts that have been used by the Oracle Report. The external procedure is in an shared library. A service named EXTPROC (External Procedure Listener) loads this library dynamically when the procedure is being called. The service EXTPROC (External Procedure Listener) runns with admin rights on the server. We install the postscripts fonts under the folder for standard fonts (C:\WINNT\Fonts). If we run the service the postscripts files that are being created by the report do not use these postscript fonts - why? call: d:/id6i/bin/rwrun60.exe REPORT=\\R4/Test/Konto.RDF USERID=Banksuper/***********@PRODUKTION ERRFILE=\\R4\Test/err/Druck/RepError/Konto.ERR BATCH=yes BLANKPAGES=no DESTYPE=file DESNAME=\\R4/Spool/Konto1234.ps DESFORMAT=DR1start We appreciate any help! Best regards, PlsqlFreak ...

Unattended vlmclient install
I am doing an unattended install of LabView 8.5, but the VlmClient partwon't start afterwards. Is there a way to configure vlmclient.xml so allvalues are automatically filled in when I start vlmclient.exe ?Found an article on knowledgebase that I thought might work, butunfortunately I am not allowed to read it.<a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D15724A2506CF784862570F9004DC5B0" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D15724A2506CF784862570F9004DC5B0</a> Hopefully there is a solution to my problem Hey Wooltown, &nbsp; Try this...

Postscript printer install
Hi ! As my Win XP SP2 still refuses to let me install my postscript printer (NEC Silentwriter 2 S60P, fully compatible to Mod. S90P, HP Laserjet IIP, Adope Postscript Printer or Apple PS Witer) - it always tells me that the installation could not be completed -, I ask you friendly guys (and lads) here: Has anyone got a postscript printer (maybe one of these) installed ? Can you send me the keys and entries in your registry and which files there are installed in the %windir%/system32/... folders ? Please do NOT link to any of these MS HelpDB sites or to google (I'm not stupid and had many kind users trying to help since weeks) None of those sites had the correct answer. Thanks, Dirk Haar ...

Installing postscript printer
Hi, I have been trying to install the Adobe virtual postscript printer. It installs fine, and suggested by Adobe I select the port as "File". When I print using the printer through code, it asks for an output file. I have defined my output file. All I want is to create a .ps file so that I can run a set of them through ghostscript and compile them in certain order. I will appreciate any help. Nand nbelani@aol.com wrote: >I have been trying to install the Adobe virtual postscript printer. It >installs fine, and suggested by Adobe I select the port as "File". Ok. &g...

unattended Port installation?
Is there a flag for "make install" to make the Port (and its dependencies) just go with default options rather than pausing with an options menu every so often? Thanks! > Is there a flag for "make install" to make the Port (and its dependencies) > just go with default options rather than pausing with an options menu every > so often? make -DBATCH install clean For more options, see ports(7). Simon Martin wrote: > Is there a flag for "make install" to make the Port (and its dependencies) > just go with default options rather than pausing with an options menu every > so often? Yes: BATCH=yes in make.conf or (I think) on the make command line. Cheers, -- Andrew On 2004-09-08, Martin <nospam@example.org> wrote: > Is there a flag for "make install" to make the Port (and its dependencies) > just go with default options rather than pausing with an options menu every > so often? BATCH=yes will force non interactive mode, but you don't have to stick with the default options. Go like this in /etc/make.conf: ..if ${.CURDIR:N*/ports/misc/mc} == "" WITHOUT_SLANG= yes # rest of the port knobs... ..endif .... for the port and its dependencies also. You got to read the Makefile. -- Piotr Smyrak, piotr.smyrak.eko.org.pl In article <413ECA84.9000407@areilly.bpc-users.org>, Andrew Reilly <andrew-newspost@areilly.bpc-...

Truly unattended Jumpstart install?
My Jumpstart waits for input from me at the "The Solaris Installation Program" screen that mentions "About navigation..." This screen requires no input from me other than F2. What do I need to do to get it to just assume I'm going to press F2? My profile: install_type initial_install system_type standalone partitioning default cluster SUNWCreq package SUNWman package SUNWbash package SUNWless My sysidcfg: system_locale=en_US install_locale=en_US timeserver=10.99.16.5 timezone=US/Pacific network_interface=primary { netmask=255.255.248.0 protocol_ipv6=no def...

silent/unattended install windows
Hello, I found no way to silently install scilab-3.1.1 under windows 2000/XP. Is there a way to do it? br, Sebastian Held i have downloaded and installed Scilab 3.1.1 in Windows 2000, without any problem at all. what is your error message? what do you mean by "silently install "? ...

Unattended install of WPI files...
Sorry to ask here,maybe this isn=B4t _exactly_ the right newsgroup to ask, but I guess the programmers here will understand what I want to achieve: I want to install, from an OS/2 batch file (or REXX program) a series of .WPI files, one after another. Is there any program that is delivered with WarpIn that allows silent installation of a wpi file, like "wpi-inst.exe installername.wpi / u" (I assume /u to be "unattended" ie answer "yes" to all prompts, and accept the EULA, if any). I only found text mode utils to _extract_ wpi files but that=B4s not ...

TexPoint Installation | gs path
Dear all, I experienced strange behaviour of TexPoint on WinXP: If ghost script is installed in a path containing a blank space (i.e. C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.53\gswin32c) it can not be found. Path variables were set correctly, I tried all kinds of apostrophes ' " `, nothing helped. However, reinstalling gs in a different path (without blank space) fixed the problem. Is this a bug, has anybody similiar experiences? Bye Ben ...

Boot disk for unattended install
Hi folks, I'm looking for some help regarding an unattended install project I'm working on. I need to create a bootable CD that can do the following: 1) If the user makes no action when the cd boots, then the cd should boot through to the hard drive (in a manner similar to the way the windows xp and windows server 2003 install cds boot). In other words, the user must press a key or select a menu item to continue booting to the cd. 2) If the user selects to boot to the cd, then the cd needs to pass control to a batch file (similar to an autoexec.bat). This will allow the u...

Installing PostScript Fonts in IDL
Folks, Everyone was so helpful yesterday, and we generated so much traffic on this newsgroup, that I have been inspired to ask another question. Has anyone, ever, successfully installed some kind of font (PostScript, True-type, Open-type) into IDL and gotten it to show up in a plot? I've spent most of a day on this. I have read the documentation three or four times, put fonts into IDL resource/fonts/ps or /tt directories, modified them with PSAFM, as advised, edited font table files, etc., etc., etc., *Every* conceivable possible combination. (Set ISOLATIN1 keywords, tried SET_FONT and ...

Arg... installation problems: The installation tells me that this is not a solaris installation cd.
OK, I have a problem with _one_ of my machines here at home. I have used the same installation CD's to install both my laptops and a good old Pentium II, but when I try to install Solaris on my newest computer (an intel P4 with 1.25 GB Ram) it starts the installation just fine and allows me to configure everything up to the screen where I may select the installation method (flash etc). When I try to proceed with my CD installation, it brings up a screen telling me that it is not a valid solaris cd. Does anyone have an idea for what I could try? Without Solaris, the machine is usel...

Unattended Cisco VPN client installation
Anyone here done some unattended cisco vpn client installation? The thing is that I have to do some larger scale installation of mentioned client to pc's with windows (2K/XP) and I don't want users to be able (have to) change any parameter. Any reference of creating such install pack would be great. Also, any feedback from someone who done that would be truly appreciated. -- -Ivan. *** Use Rot13 to see my eMail address *** Ivan Ostre=9A wrote: > Anyone here done some unattended cisco vpn client installation? The > thing is that I have to do some larger scale installat...

basic postscript font installation script
I have written a perl script for linux, which takes a font's .pfb file (assuming an .afm file is in the current directory), looks up the karl berry name, does the steps to install the font, writes a tex test file, and writes an uninstallation script. I am not a font or TeX expert, so this is not likely to work for fonts with different encodings. I also do not know what a MixedMap font is. Thus, you should see this as something that gets you on the way. I hope it helps. If you are a TeX hacker, let me encourage you to fix up the script to do it better, and eventually to post it on ctan. The script has no distribution restrictions, so you can rewrite it, copyleft the rewrite, or do anything else you find useful. The location is http://welch.econ.brown.edu/computers/texlive-install-postscript-font.zip .. /iaw ...

Automatic install of windows xp or an unattended
With windows xp VLE I have made a floppy that allows me to start an installation of windows xp and it will continue on for me and do all of the settings. I was wondering if anyone knew how you can do that so that it will be on the cd so that you would not have to have the floppy disk. thanks On 18 Feb 2004 05:49:11 -0800, tomj@mwd-inc.com (tom) wrote: >With windows xp VLE I have made a floppy that allows me to start an >installation of windows xp and it will continue on for me and do all >of the settings. I was wondering if anyone knew how you can do that >so that it will be o...

unattended Install with Raid Adapters Question
I am in process of creating a totally automated install of Windows 2000 server. I have run into problems doing the install with two different motherboards (Intel SE7501HG2 and SE7501BR2) as noted below. I started with the first server, ...HG2, and got tired of beating my head on it, so I went over to another system (SE7501BR2) that has a different RAID controller, a320raid.sys driver. I have the exact same issue. I've found that the issue is from two lines in my winnt.sif file; OEMPreInstall=Yes and OEMPnPDriversPath="???". It also happens when I use the OEMFilesPath= &qu...

GSview/GS prints white-on-black
Warp4 fp15. GSV46os2/GS813os2. Using the os2prn driver for a 24-pin dot matrix printer, with MEDIA set to "letter". EMX is at rev 61 etc. I have no problem reading PDF files but when I go to print them I get a sys3175 and the printer starts to print either all-black or white-on-black text, not necessarily from the top of the page. If I switch the printer off, and then on again, it continues to print but it is binary stuff in black-on-white. Any clue there? The error message typically looks like this: 02-13-2005 16:15:22 SYS3175 PID 0037 TID 0002 Slot 005a H:\GS\GSVIEW2\GVPGS.EXE c0000005 1e43f067 P1=00000000 P2=ffffffff P3=XXXXXXXX P4=XXXXXXXX EAX=00000000 EBX=00015fed ECX=00000002 EDX=005dffec ESI=00000000 EDI=00613780 DS=0053 DSACC=d0f3 DSLIM=3fffffff ES=0053 ESACC=d0f3 ESLIM=3fffffff FS=150b FSACC=00f3 FSLIM=00000030 GS=0000 GSACC=**** GSLIM=******** CS:EIP=005b:1e43f067 CSACC=d0df CSLIM=3fffffff SS:ESP=0053:005d0004 SSACC=d0f3 SSLIM=3fffffff EBP=81818181 FLG=00012246 GSDLL2.DLL 0001:001bf067 I get similar results using GS800os2. FWIW if I use "Print file..." I get a stream of code and binary stuff in black-on-white, as one might expect. Any help on what to try next would be much appreciated. Peter -- Peter Higson Victoria, BC, Canada Enjoying life on an island in the Pacific! Does printing work correctly from an other application ? You are probably using a wrong printer dri...

Problem Installing GSView Windows 7
Folks, I'm making a brave attempt to upgrade a Windows XP box to Windows 7. (And thinking a LOT more about a Mac, I can tell you!) My problem at the moment is that I have downloaded a 64-bit version of GSView (gsv49w64.exe) and I have downloaded various versions of Ghostscript (gs870w32.exe) and ghostscript-8.64.tar.bz2), and I have put them in various likely places. But no matter where I put them, GSView can't find them. I suppose I could try downloading the 32-bit version of GSView, but then I *could* have re-installed Windows XP, too. Any ideas of where the Ghost...

Re: Unattended installers for SAS #2
Hi Joe, Thanks for the reply. This will be good for Foundation SAS, but AFAIK the various clients (eg. EG, DIS, ABM, etc.) don't support unattended installs OOTB. I'll investigate InstallShield, but if anyone else has additional feedback, please post. Thanks again for your reply. Scott On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 22:50:12 -0500, Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >Scott,I'm fairly sure that you can use SAS's installation tools to install >in 'quiet' mode, ie, unattended or nearly so. See for example >http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi27/p278-27.pdf ...

Windows Unattended Installation 2.5
If you work as a system administrator in an organization and maintain a lot of computers, you are sure to have come across the situation when you had to buy a consignment of computers and install all kinds of software on each of them. The direct consequence of such a situation is that you have to repeat a lot of routine operations - change media in optical drives, enter registration data, follow the instructions of installation wizards. Unattended software installation. MultiSet will automatically install all the applications you require, either onto your original computer or onto a...

Web resources about - Unattended Install for GS and GSVIEW - comp.lang.postscript

Children left unattended... - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Saw this sign in the kids' section at Elliott Bay Book Co.. I love it!

SHOCKING: At This School, an Armed Guard Leaves Gun Unattended in Bathroom - Michigan - YouTube
AP. Officials say a security officer hired to help protect a Michigan charter school left an unloaded handgun unattended in a school bathroom. ...

Man leaves blaze unattended in wheelbarrow in Balga during fire ban
As firefighters in the South West battle to save people's homes in Boddington and Northcliffe blazes, one ill-advised soul reportedly decided ...

Lac Megantic Explosion: Unattended Train Allegedly Found Idling Day After Blast (VIDEO)
A video apparently showing a train sitting unattended with its engine idling near Lac Megantic a day after the disaster has gone viral, prompting ...

Phoenix Sky Harbor: Parts of Terminal 4 evacuated due to unattended item
An unattended item forced the evacuation of parts of Terminal 4 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport Friday morning.

Recent UNATTENDED CHILD News Stories - abc7.com
Explore recently published unattended child news stories from abc7.com.

Video shows doggy day care van left running, unattended when stolen - abc7chicago.com
... All appear to be OK, officials said. Chicago police released surveillance video Thursday night that they say shows two men stealing an unattended ...

$281,000 of cash, gold found in unattended lockers
AsiaOne Asia News - Cleanliness drive in school uncovers cash and gold in two unattended lockers in the staff room. -tabla! Read more

Woman accused of leaving children unattended to go to bar
A Florida mother was arrested early Monday after leaving three children unattended at Waffle House while she went drinking at Wild Wing Cafe, ...

New App Helps College Freshmen Find Friends Before Awkward, Unattended Orientation Events
How else do you expect to find friends like this? Before you can binge drink, skip class and embarrass yourself at football games, you have ...