Windows service does not recognize additional installed postscript fonts (type 1) when creating postscript files (exceptions are windows standard Arial, Courier New, etc.)

Windows 2000 receives command line parameters over the Oracle Report
Runtime (rwrun60.exe) to create the postscript files.

If we send the statement directly from the server, the postscripts
files are being created without any problems.

If the call is triggert by an external procedure on an Oracle
DB(8.1.7.4.1) the services takes the Windows standard fonts and does
not recognize the additionally installed postscript fonts that have
been used by the Oracle Report.

The external procedure is in an shared library. A service named
EXTPROC (External Procedure Listener) loads this library dynamically
when the procedure is being called.

The service EXTPROC (External Procedure Listener) runns with admin
rights on the server.

We install the postscripts fonts under the folder for standard fonts
(C:\WINNT\Fonts). If we run the service the postscripts files that are
being created by the report do not use these postscript fonts - why?

call:

d:/id6i/bin/rwrun60.exe
REPORT=\\R4/Test/Konto.RDF
USERID=Banksuper/***********@PRODUKTION
ERRFILE=\\R4\Test/err/Druck/RepError/Konto.ERR
BATCH=yes
BLANKPAGES=no
DESTYPE=file
DESNAME=\\R4/Spool/Konto1234.ps
DESFORMAT=DR1start

We appreciate any help!

Best regards,
PlsqlFreak
0
MrPiano (1)
12/9/2003 10:28:17 AM
comp.lang.postscript 3552 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Installing PostScript Type 1 fonts: fontsize and interline
Hi, I am installing some free postscript type 1 fonts under MikTeX 2.2 distribution. First I've read "fontinstallationguide" by Philipp Lehmann. I use both "fontinst", and "fi2t1" which is available on ctan and it makes easier some boring steps about files conversion. Then I obtain all required files to use the font in my documents and I install them in the local "localtexmf" dir. However, every time I need this font, I have to choice the fontsize and respective interline. How can I do this step? Is there a formula to get me these numerical dimension? For instance, if I choice a font size of 11 pt, what is the right interline size I have to pass to \fontsize command? Thanks in advance. Best regards. -- Emanuele ------------------------------------------- Gruppo Utilizzatori Italiani di TeX ------------------------------------------- TUG Italiano - www.GuIT.sssup.it ------------------------------------------- "Emanuele Z." schrieb: > > > However, every time I need this font, I have to choice the > fontsize and respective interline. How can I do this step? Isnt't it sufficient to select the required font _family_? \fontfamily{...}\selectfont Size and line spacing are simply unchanged then. Read fntguide.dvi (or .pdf)! HTH Walter During a dark and stormy night *Walter Schmidt* wrote: :: However, every time I need this font, I have to choice the :: fontsize and respective interl...

creating postscript file with Xpress 5.01 Windows
I have a problem. I must to create a postscript file with Xpress 5.01 per Windows and use it with Dka Inposition. Xpress for Windows can't generate a file as independent page. How I can do? Thank's Donato quark bit the bird with this issue! Apart from getting such XTs as the Creo Prepress XT, the easiest way is to attach a postscript pruitner to file and print to that. to attach a postscript printer to file (distiller is a good choice): Control panhels>printers select the printer (distiller in this case) and right mouse button (rmb) to floyout menu, dowen to properties>to Details tab. right now, if the installation is default, the Distiller printer is attached to PDF port. uncheck that and check it on to "file". save your way out. Now reopen Quark and print to distiller. A box will pop up where you will need to enter the path (drive:\directory\filename.extension) to where you want to drop the file. (yup. this is a PIA, but its the way Win2K and XP work with Adobe apps) Easiest to dump it to the root of a zip drive or a real short folder name. Don't forget to add .ps or .prn to the filename. -- Mac Townsend, Adcom Graphics, Fairfield, California: Electronic Prepress & Large Format Imaging www.adcomgraphics.com "mac" <mact@adcomgraphics.com> wrote in message news:<Ps61b.99$Bm3.2559012@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>... > quark bit the bird with this issue! > > Apart from getting such XTs as the Creo Prepress...

Make a postscript file in Windows XP
I have a user who needs an easy way to create a postscript file in Windows XP. In the past I have done this by setting the Adobe printer driver to the print to file port. I did that in this case and the file takes forever to prompt for the file. I just did the same thing on a Windows 200 machine and ir prints just fine, very quickly. Has anyone seen this behavior? can you tell me an easier way to do this in Windows XP Open WordPad and type in what you need. What could be easier? "Rob Steinmetz" <rsteinmetz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:vi0ihtmf1c583c@corp.supernews.com... > I have a user who needs an easy way to create a postscript file in > Windows XP. frank wrote: > Open WordPad and type in what you need. > What could be easier? > > > "Rob Steinmetz" <rsteinmetz@mindspring.com> wrote in message > news:vi0ihtmf1c583c@corp.supernews.com... > >>I have a user who needs an easy way to create a postscript file in >>Windows XP. > > > I think you missed the point. I'm having a problem with the Adobe printer driver taking a very long time to create the file. I'll repost the problem with a better title. ...

postscript and pdf missing base postscript fonts
I am in the process of sending my ph.d. thesis to a printing firm, and I am trying to create a pdf file that suits them. My first attempt met some objections, most nobably the absence of embedded Times, Helvetica etc. All the other fonts (I used a custom type 1 font for the body text) were embedded in the pdf file. I use teTeX 1.0.7 and ghostscript 7.05 to generate the pdf through the dvips -> ps2pdf route. I am a little reluctant to upgrade these so close to a deadline. Indeed, Times and Helvetica were not embedded. When I look at the psfonts.map file in $TEXMF/dvips/config, I find indeed that for e.g. Times-Italic, a pfb file is not indicated for the base postscript fonts. On my (postscript) laserprinter this is not a problem, I guess, because it probably has the base fonts loaded in the hardware postscript RIP in the printer. My questions are: 1. How can I make dvips or ps2pdf mbed Type 1 fonts for the base postscript fonts. 2. If this is possible, does this mean I have to recreate all the graphs I made through datafile -> gnuplot -> pslatex -> dvips ? 3. Or can I just tell the printing firm that their film-printer of direct-to-plate printer must have these fonts resident in hardware if they are postscript-based? Thanks Kreutzer On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, kreutzer wrote: > I am in the process of sending my ph.d. thesis to a printing > firm, and I am trying to create a pdf file that suits them. > > My first attempt met ...

postscript to postscript conversion (based on .ppd files)
Hi all, Is it possible to convert postscript content generated based on one ..ppd file to postscript specific to another .ppd file?? Thank you, Mohammed Riyaz P. ...

Re: embedded type-1 fonts in postscript
thanks for the answer. (btw, I wasn't implying that cmb10 has anything to do with Times-Roman, those were just examples of the two different font names.) it's a little more clear now, exactly what my problem is: 1. the fonts in the latex document are embedded, but as Type 1C (instead of 1). how can I make sure they're embedded as Type 1? 2. some fonts are used in included eps figures, not as latex text. they're produced using gnuplot Version 3.7 patchlevel 3 (I know it's possible to embed postscript fonts in gnuplot 4.0 and I've requested an upgrade, but it's not there yet) and fig2dev Version 3.2 Patchlevel 4. how can I embed those fonts? (they're postscript language fonts named Times-Roman and Helvetica.) thanks again. tomas. On 07/19/2005 09:46 AM, Tomas Klos wrote: > hi all, > > I'm kind of a newbie wrt fonts and latex and I'm having trouble > including type-1 fonts in my postscript (because that's required by the > printer who will make an a0 size poster of my document). I've found some > websites explaining about font maps and using them in dvips, and I think > I can sort of figure that out, but there are still some questions left: > > * how can I tell which fonts are used in my latex document (via the > documentclass, e.g.) > * how can I tell what names according to TeX (e.g. cmb10) vs. their > postscript language names (e.g. Times-Roman) are? > * how can I tell...

Q.: Windows -- converting a tabloid file to PostScript
For eventual distillation to PDF, I seek to produce PostScript files, capturing the content of tabloid size color documents, by "printing" them, in MS Windows, to a tabloid-capable PostScript printer on port FILE: . My quandary: use the printer driver for an HP Color LaserJet 8500-PS (that's what I had been doing on pre-Win8.1 machines)? or for a similar (but newer) 9500-PS (what I seem to have to do instead on Win8.1)? or are there other PostScript printer drivers around producing better (and how so? less obfuscated? more portable? smaller filesize?) PostScript output f...

Using a type 1 font on Windows with only the pfb file
If I have just a pfb type 1 font file, how can I use the font on windows? Is the pfm or afm and ini files essentially required? If they are, then how can I generate the pfm file from the pfb file? Thanks. On 30 Aug 2005 07:38:31 -0700, AR wrote: > If I have just a pfb type 1 font file, how can I use the font on > windows? Is the pfm or afm and ini files essentially required? If they > are, then how can I generate the pfm file from the pfb file? > Thanks. fontforge can generate missing pfms, or convert the whole font to Truetype if you desire. Fontforge home page: http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/ "How do I run fontforge under Windows?" http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/faq.html#windows AR wrote: > > If I have just a pfb type 1 font file, how can I use the font on > windows? Is the pfm or afm and ini files essentially required? If they > are, then how can I generate the pfm file from the pfb file? > Thanks. You need the pfm file; this is the file Windows gets the font metrics from (i.e. the width of the glyphs ("characters"), and the kerning information). In principle, it would be possible to get the width information from the font file itself (the pfb file), but the kerning info is a different thing. Helge -- Helge Blischke Softwareentwicklung SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom http://www.srz.de In article <431477CC.D1341E91@srz.de>, Helge Blischke <h.blischke@srz.de> writes: > > AR wrote:...

Postscript Type 1 fonts crash Word 2010
This is just an fyi in case you ever encounter the same problem. I received a document that, every time I tried to open it (even after others had successfully opened it on their systems and had resaved it in a variety of formats) caused Word 2010 to crash instantly upon opening. After some frustrating hours of pestering other people, I asked my wife to open the file on her computer, which is essentially identical to mine (both new Windows 7 machines), and she had no trouble. Hmmm. Finally I googled the error message and found a Microsoft KB article, <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/...

Using a type 1 font on Windows with only the pfb file
If I have just a pfb type 1 font file, how can I use the font on windows? Is the pfm or afm and ini files essentially required? If they are, then how can I generate the pfm file from the pfb file? Thanks. "AR" <abdul.rehman.malik@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1125414900.531604.239380@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > If I have just a pfb type 1 font file, how can I use the font on > windows? Is the pfm or afm and ini files essentially required? If they > are, then how can I generate the pfm file from the pfb file? > Thanks. > Yes, the metrics information (P...

Type 1 PostScript font on Mac OS X
Hi. I have a type 1 PostScript font that I would like to install on my Mac OS X box. It's a leftover from my Mac OS 9 days. There are two pieces to the font: the Type 1 file and a bitmap file. I tried dragging the Type 1 file to /Library/Fonts /System/Library/Fonts /Users/agw/Library/Fonts but it didn't show up in Font menus (e.g., in Word). I then tried the same trick, but using the Type 1 file *and* the bitmap file. No dice. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks. -- Art Werschulz (agw STRUDEL comcast.net) 207 Stoughton Ave Cranford NJ 07016 (908) 272-1146 In art...

Postscript Fonts with Quark Xpress 5 (Windows XP)
HELP! We have a problem and are desperate!!!! We have a pc P4 running windows xp. We are using Quark five and are having trouble installing postscript fonts into the windows font file � through the installation process it comes with messages� copyright can�t change to true type font. We don�t want a true type font we need them postscript. Currently fonts save into the fonts folder with the pfm extension and appears to be missing the pfb extension so therefore they do not work correctly in quark� and quark cannot currently read them either although they pfm extension is showing in the fonts file. I have adobe software in which these fonts work fine. It just seems problems with quark reading the system file of windows to get the fonts� what can we do. Stumped? -- Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com http://web2news.com/?comp.publish.prepress To contact in private, remove n1osp+-p3a1mm In message <47884N721@web2news.com>, slinky <adams.news.invalid@web2news.net> wrote >HELP! > >We have a problem and are desperate!!!! >We have a pc P4 running windows xp. We are using Quark five and are >having trouble installing postscript fonts into the windows font file … >through the installation process it comes with messages… copyright can’t >change to true type font. We don’t want a true type font we need them >postscript. >Currently fonts save into the fonts folder with the pfm extension and >appears to be missing the ...

pdf-writer Postscript Type 1 font handling problems
Folks/Admin, apologies for this cross post. I posted to the wrong group previously. Hi, I am trying to get pdf-writer to load up Postscript Type 1 fonts but am encountering a problem. Using the gettysburg.rb example as a base for my tests I have implented the following code changes: PDF::Writer::FONT_PATH.unshift(File.expand_path("Fonts")) p PDF::Writer::FONT_PATH PDF::Writer::FontMetrics::METRICS_PATH.unshift(File.expand_path("Fonts")) p PDF::Writer::FontMetrics::METRICS_PATH pdf.select_font("GillSan", :encoding => nil) pdf.text "The Gettysburg Addres...

Postscript vs. Emulated Postscript
I have constant need to print PDFs (with fonts embedded) to send to publishers for page proofs of books I paginate. Hence, I am in the market for a color laser printer which can print PostScript file. I see that emulated PS printers are cheaper. What are the disadvantantages of using emulated PS printers? Will they work with Mac machines if I put it on a network print server? When I read the printer specifications, they usually mention that it either has an "Emulated PS" or a built in PostScript engine with 130 (or so) fonts. This confuses me. -Why do they not mention the # of fonts supported by Emulated PS? - Why do they mention the # of fonts supported by true PS? Which Color laser printer would you recommend (that supports PS)? Thank you. -- MR Don't ever use printer fonts. No guarantee that fonts with the same name are really the same (News Gothic). Nowadays it's no problem to download fonts to the printer. The number of printer fonts is irrelevant - one needs just one font - Courier New for error messages. PostScript clones are not necessarily bad. Even original Adobe PS contains bugs. This PDF doc was printed by OKI 9600 HDN (Okidata), which uses an original PS3 interpreter: http://www.fho-emden.de/~hoffmann/a3gencolorhigh.pdf The Web preview (250 kBytes) is: http://www.fho-emden.de/~hoffmann/a3gencolortest.pdf The results were better than expected - very good, but some unexpected lines which might be already hidden in the PDF. The color ...

create a new windows (xp) service that runs a jar file
Hello guys, Does anyone has experience/know how to create a new windows (xp) service that runs a jar file? This issue rises as i need to hide the most of the java implementation in this project before it goes live. So the idea is, to have control on the exceution of the jar from windows windows service console (which the users can define the startup type i.e. manual, automatic, disabled and the running life cycle i.e. start, stop, pause, resume, restart...). so any leads to solving this will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Have a nice day! JPractitioner wrote: > Hello guys, > &...

Creating a movie file from a set of postscript files.
I have a bunch of eps files that represent the time evolution of a solution to the diffusion PDE. I can show them in rapid succession, which makes it look like a movie, but I'd like to be able to turn them into a native movie format. So, the problem statement is: Suppose I have a bunch of eps / ps files. Is there any way to string the files together to create a movie file of some sort (like an mpg or avi)? Thanks! Pete Peter Salzman wrote: > I have a bunch of eps files that represent the time evolution of a > solution to the diffusion PDE. I can show them in rapid succession, ...

postscript library for Windows?
I'm realtively new to modules/libraries, so bear with me. I've discovered the PECL pslib which enables manipulation of postscript files but it seems that it only comes packaged for *nix systems. Is there a way to make this work on windows platform or is there another ps library that is packaged for use on windows? Thanks in advance. ...

Arial Font in PostScript
Hi All, I've got such problem. I need to write some text by PostScript with Arial font. But the Arial is not included in PostScript as a standard font. So, how can I print some text with Arial in PostScript? Please help me, I need it very urgent. Thanks and looking forward, Art atervardanyan@gmail.com wrote: > I've got such problem. I need to write some text by PostScript with > Arial font. But the Arial is not included in PostScript as a standard > font. > So, how can I print some text with Arial in PostScript? > Please help me, I need it very urgent. Originally, Helvetica (along with Linotype's Times) was bundled w/ Adobe Acrobat, then around Acrobat 4 they switched to Arial and Times New Roman instead. Can't recall what the license agreement was, but a Type 1 version of Arial was included w/ certain versions of Reader. If that license / option won't work for you, you'll need to purchase it. It's available from most commercial font vendors, and all Monotype licensees, Unfortunately, Precision Type (my favourite vendor) has stopped selling fonts --- so you'll have to purchase from someone like http://www.adobe.com/type or www.linotype.com Or you could reverse the switch and go back to Helvetica. William On 7 Aug 2006 atervardanyan@gmail.com wrote: > I've got such problem. I need to write some text by PostScript with > Arial font. But the Arial is not included in PostScript as a standard > font. Buy Arial ...

Arial Font in PostScript
Hi All, I've got such problem. I need to write some text by PostScript with Arial font. But the Arial is not included in PostScript as a standard font. So, how can I print some text with Arial in PostScript? Please help me, I need it very urgent. Thanks and looking forward, Art atervardanyan@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > I've got such problem. I need to write some text by PostScript with > Arial font. But the Arial is not included in PostScript as a standard > font. > So, how can I print some text with Arial in PostScript? > Please help me, I need it very urgent. > > Thanks and looking forward, Art > Have you tried Helvetica? "The typeface Arial, distributed with Microsoft Windows, has the same widths as Helvetica and very similar characters, and was essentially created as a cheaper replacement for Helvetica." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica If you are worried that your users might be able to tell the difference, have a go at this quiz ... http://www.iliveonyourvisits.com/helvetica/ >> I need to write some text by PostScript with >> Arial font. But the Arial is not included in PostScript as a standard >> font. > > "The typeface Arial, distributed with Microsoft Windows, has the same > widths as Helvetica and very similar characters, and was essentially > created as a cheaper replacement for Helvetica." > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica > >...

Printing PostScript file from UNIX to Windows PrintServer (lpr ....) HELP IS NEEDED!!
Hi everyone. I'm have a question which is not really simple to describe but i hope most of you can follow me an understand what problem i do have. I'm trying to print a PostScript file from a Sun Solaris Server to a Printer which is connected to a Windows NT 4 PrintServer. I'm using the command lpr - h -h -P printserver_nt:hp_5000 testfile.ps the printserver is located in another office in another country. the printer is available but he will not print out the proper postscript file. all it does is printing the content of the file testfile.ps the printer however supports po...

Postscript Type 1
Hi! Desperately need Postsscript Type 1 Fonts: Arial arial Black and Wingdings. Can anybody help! THANK YOU! Pamela pamela_heuser@hotmail.com (Pamela) wrote in news:5c88d980.0306300343.3b6307b2@posting.google.com: > Hi! > > Desperately need Postsscript Type 1 Fonts: Arial arial Black and > Wingdings. Can anybody help! Fonts.com (Monotype) sells Type 1 Arial family. It could be that there is no Type 1 version of Wingdings. -- Matti Vuori, <http://sivut.koti.soon.fi/mvuori/index-e.htm> In article <Xns93AA96989F4F4mvuorikotisoonfi@193.229.0.31> mvuori@koti....

Postscript
Hello, I have been trying to find a library to make the production os postscript file easier from our cobol programs. Finally, I have begun to write a library in OO cobol largely inspired from the C pslib library. I have just finished to prepare the interface of the different methods and write a few methods. Teh generation of postscript file could then be: invoke PSDoc "PSOpenFile" using z"myfile.ps" invoke PSDoc "PSMoveTo" using x, y invoke PSDoc "PSLineTo" using ... invoke PSDoc "PSCircle" using .... etc... which is - to me at least! - ea...

postscript
I'm working in Quark, and have a really large file, I want to print to postscript then distill the file so that the pdf will be really small, but from quark I do not have the 'save as .ps' option, only 'save as pdf', which doesn't help when since it saves as a 40MB file. I want to be able to email it. You can try reducing the file size all you want in acrobat but it will only go down a few megs and the quality becomes terrible. I need the printer descriptions either installed or turned on so that I can print to postscript - how and where do I do this? thanks -C In a...

New Windows DVI --> PostScript driver (COM-based) -- testers wanted
Hi All A few months ago I had a go at writing a Windows-based dvi--> PostScript driver as a COM object (it's called DVIPSCOM) [using C/C++] The basic idea was to create a driver that is fully scriptable from Perl under Win32 using the Win32::OLE Perl module. In essence, the generation of the PostScript code is **entirely** divorced from the driver executable (a DLL) and **totally** under the control of a user-written back-end Perl program --- you do have complete control over the PS code output. One "advantage" is that you are completely free to insert your own specials and have the Perl code process them as you see fit. You're not tied to any driver's built-in \special support. Basically, the driver fires "events" to Perl -- the events are triggered by the various DVI opcodes -- and your Perl code responds by geneting the appropriate PostScript code. I've done nothing with it so was wondering if it might be useful to anyone if I were to release it under a "not for commercial use" type of arrangement. What I need really is some feedback from one or two intrepid testers to see if they think it works. Ideally anyone testing it should be a reasonable Perl programmer and know a bit about PostScript. If the tests give it the thumbs-up I'd package it up with documentation and release it. I have tested it under Windows XP and Windows 98 Sooo, if anyone want to test it please mail me on graham.douglas@blueyonder.co.u...

Web resources about - Windows service does not recognize additional installed postscript fonts (type 1) when creating postscript files (exceptions are windows standard Arial, Courier New, etc.) - comp.lang.postscript

Category:Articles needing additional references from January 2010 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Michael E. Mann - Some additional thoughts about Muller... - Facebook
Some additional thoughts about Muller and 'BEST': Muller's announcement last year that the Earth is indeed warming brought him up to date w/ ...

Facebook converts ‘friendship pages’ to Timeline format with additional features
Facebook today unveiled a redesign of “friendship pages” that show two users’ history on the social network in Timeline format. Friendship pages ...

Swytch - Additional Numbers for Calls & Texts on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Swytch - Additional Numbers for Calls & Texts. Download Swytch ...

TSA Interaction @ DIA Additional Body Screening After Landing???? - YouTube
They tried to get me to do additional screening of my Body after I was already off the plane and headed out of the airport. I ended up leaving ...

AGL faces delays, additional conditions after BTEX chemicals detected
AGL's coal seam gas ambitions in the Gloucester area have been dealt a double blow with the launch of two government investigations into the ...

REPORT: China is taking additional steps to shore up its shaky currency
China’s foreign exchange regulator, the State Administration of Foreign Exchange, or SAFE, has ordered banks in some trading hubs to limit dollar ...

Immigration boss warns additional job losses are 'inevitable'
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection secretary Michael Pezzullo says additional job losses are &quot;an unavoidable reality&quot;. ...

’We will welcome additional intake of refugees’
TASMANIAN &nbsp;Premier Will Hodgman has ruled out emulating Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews by taking children due to be deported to Nauru ...