[ANN] pyparsing 2.0.1 released - compatible with Python 2.6 and later

In my releasing of Pyparsing 1.5.7/2.0.0 last November, I started to split =
supported Python versions: 2.x to the Pyparsing 1.5.x track, and 3.x to the=
 Pyparsing 2.x track. Unfortunately, this caused a fair bit of pain for man=
y current users of Python 2.6 and 2.7 (especially those using libs dependen=
t on pyparsing), as the default installed pyparsing version using easy_inst=
all or pip would be the incompatible-to-them pyparsing 2.0.0.

I hope I have rectified (or at least improved) this situation with the late=
st release of pyparsing 2.0.1. Version 2.0.1 takes advantage of the cross-m=
ajor-version compatibility that was planned into Python, wherein many of th=
e new features of Python 3.x were made available in Python 2.6 and 2.7. By =
avoiding the one usage of =91nonlocal=92 (a Python 3.x feature not availabl=
e in any Python 2.x release), I=92ve been able to release pyparsing 2.0.1 i=
n a form that will work for all those using Python 2.6 and later. (If you a=
re stuck on version 2.5 or earlier of Python, then you still have to explic=
itly download the 1.5.7 version of pyparsing.)

This release also includes a bugfix to the new =91<<=3D=92 operator, so tha=
t =91<<=92 for attachment of parser definitions to Forward instances can be=
 deprecated in favor of =91<<=3D=92.

Hopefully, most current users using pip and easy_install can now just insta=
ll pyparsing 2.0.1, and it will be sufficiently version-aware to function u=
nder all Pythons 2.6 and later.

Thanks for your continued support and interest in pyparsing!

-- Paul McGuire

0
Paul
7/20/2013 9:29:26 PM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Python 2.0 / Python 2.2
Hallo newsgroup, I have some questions concerning Python 2.2. First question: I try to port source code from Python 2.0 to Python 2.2.The following source code works with Python 2.0. If I compile it with Python 2.2, the modul "tci" is not imported. "tci" is a python module written by us. How can I change the source code to get it working with Python 2.2.? Py_Initialize(); PyStr = Py_BuildValue("s", TCIHome); PyModule = PyImport_ImportModule("sys"); PyList = PyObject_GetAttrString(PyModule, "path"); PyList_Insert(PyList, 0, PyStr); if (PyEr...

ANN: psutil (python process utilities) 0.2.1 released #2
Hi, I'm pleased to announce the 0.2.1 release of psutil: http://code.google.com/p/psutil === About === psutil is a module providing an interface for retrieving information on running processes and system utilization (CPU, memory) in a portable way by using Python, implementing many functionalities offered by command line tools like ps, top, kill, lsof and netstat. It currently supports Linux, Windows, OS X and FreeBSD both 32-bit and 64-bit with Python versions from 2.4 to 3.2 by using a unique code base. === Major enhancements === * per-process I/O counters * per-...

Who is using python-ldap with Python 1.5.x and 2.0-2.2?
HI! I'd like to hear from the Python community whether support for Python version prior to 2.3 is still needed in python-ldap. Please tell me which Python version you're using and why it'd be important for you to have python-ldap updates still supporting it. BTW: Actually older Python versions are not tested with recent python-ldap since at least two years. But I'd like to clearly decide on that. Ciao, Michael. -On [20080616 15:55], Michael Ströder (michael@stroeder.com) wrote: >I'd like to hear from the Python community whether support for Python >vers...

MySQLdb 1.2.2 + python 2.6.2
Hi all, Are MySQLdb 1.2.2 and python 2.6.2 compatible? I went to http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=22307, it doesn't say it is compatible or not. When trying to install MySQLdb 1.2.2 on my machine which is running python 2.6.2 and windows XP, I get this error below. I am able to install MySQLdb 1.2.2 successfully on another machine which is running python 2.5.4 and windows XP. Please help if you have any idea. C:\temp>easy_install MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.5-win32.egg Processing MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.5-win32.egg Removing c:\python26\lib\site-packages\MySQL_python-...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add randomization to the hashing of Python's string types (bytes/str in Python 3 and str/unicode in Python 2), datetime.date, and datetime.datetime. This prevents an attacker from computing colliding keys of these types without access to the Python process. Hash randomization causes the iteration order of dicts and sets to be unpredictable and differ across Python runs. Python has never guaranteed iteration order of keys in a dict or set,...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times a...

[ANN] Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release candidates of Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3. 2.5.3 is the last bug fix release of Python 2.5. Future 2.5.x releases will only include security fixes. According to the release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter, and improving its portability. 2.4.6 includes only a small number of security fixes. Python 2.6 is the latest version of Python, we're making this release for people who are still running Pyt...

[ANN] Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release candidates of Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3. 2.5.3 is the last bug fix release of Python 2.5. Future 2.5.x releases will only include security fixes. According to the release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter, and improving its portability. 2.4.6 includes only a small number of security fixes. Python 2.6 is the latest version of Python, we're making this release for people who are still running Python 2.4. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of bugs fixed; most of them prevent interpreter crashes (and now cause proper Python exceptions in cases where the interpreter may have crashed before). Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.4.6 http://www.python.org/2.5.3 Highlights of the previous major Python releases are available from the Python 2.5 page, at http://www.python.org/2.4/highlights.html http://www.python.org/2.5/highlights.html Enjoy this release, Martin Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de Python Release ...

[ANN] Unicorn 2.0.0, 1.1.5, 1.0.2 released!
Unicorn is an HTTP server for Rack applications designed to only serve fast clients on low-latency, high-bandwidth connections and take advantage of features in Unix/Unix-like kernels. Slow clients should only be served by placing a reverse proxy capable of fully buffering both the the request and response in between Unicorn and slow clients. * http://unicorn.bogomips.org/ * mongrel-unicorn@rubyforge.org * git://git.bogomips.org/unicorn.git tldr change summaries: 2.0.0 - cleanups for Rainbows!, but should be ready for general use barring portability issues 1.1.5 - bug f...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add rando...

Movable Python 1.0.0 for Python 2.3 & 2.4
It's finally happened, `Movable Python <http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/>`_ is finally released. Versions for Python 2.3 & 2.4 are available from `The Movable Python Shop <http://voidspace.tradebit.com/groups.php>`_. The cost is =A35 per distribution, payment by PayPal. =A31 from every distribution goes to support the development of `SPE <http://pythonide.stani.be/>`_, the Python IDE. This gives you free support (via the `Movable Python Mailing List <http://groups.google.com/group/movpy>`_), and access to updates, for a year. There is a minor issue ...

Movable Python 1.0.0 for Python 2.3 & 2.4
It's finally happened, `Movable Python <http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/movpy/>`_ is finally released. Versions for Python 2.3 & 2.4 are available from `The Movable Python Shop <http://voidspace.tradebit.com/groups.php>`_. The cost is =A35 per distribution, payment by PayPal. =A31 from every distribution goes to support the development of `SPE <http://pythonide.stani.be/>`_, the Python IDE. This gives you free support (via the `Movable Python Mailing List <http://groups.google.com/group/movpy>`_), and access to updates, for a year. There is ...

ANNOUNCE: Fuse 0.6.2 and libspectrum 0.2.1 released

RELEASED Python 2.6.2 candidate 1

ANN: python-ldap-2.0.1 #2
Find a new pre-release of python-ldap: http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/ python-ldap provides an object-oriented API to access LDAP directory servers from Python programs. It mainly wraps the OpenLDAP 2.x libs for that purpose. Additionally it contains modules for other LDAP-related stuff (e.g. processing LDIF, LDAPURLs and LDAPv3 schema). ---------------------------------------------------------------- Released 2.0.2 2004-07-29 Changes since 2.0.1: Modules: * Fixed detecting appropriate OpenLDAP libs version for determining whether ldap_whoami_s() is available or not. This fixes build problems with OpenLDAP libs 2.1.0 up to 2.1.12. ...

[RELEASED] Python 2.7.1 release candidate 1 #2
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm chuffed to announce the a release candidate of Python 2.7.1. Please test the release candidate with your packages and report any bugs you find. 2.7.1 final is scheduled in two weeks. 2.7 includes many features that were first released in Python 3.1. The faster io module, the new nested with statement syntax, improved float repr, set literals, dictionary views, and the memoryview object have been backported from 3.1. Other features include an ordered dictionary implementation, unittests improvements, a new sysconfig module, auto-num...

devpi-2.0.3, devpi-server-2.0.6 and devpi-web-2.1.0 released
The new devpi releases devpi-2.0.3, devpi-server-2.0.6 and = devpi-web-2.1.0 contain several fixes for the private pypi server = system/self-updating pypi cache, see the changelog below for details. The major new change in devpi-web is support for theming, see here for = more details: http://doc.devpi.net/latest/web.html#themes And general documentation at: http://doc.devpi.net/latest with tutorials and quickstart documents for particular scenarios. Note that no export/import procedure is needed if you are already = running a 2.X devpi-server. If upgra...

How to crash Python in 1 easy step (python 2.2.2)
I'm not sure if this is a python bug or a bug in an associated library, and I'm not even sure how to correctly report it, but here is Anytime python is accepting keyboard input, whether it's with raw_input, or sitting on the command line waiting for the user to type code, you can crash python by holding ctrl+shift and then pressing enter. This is on a RedHat 9.0 system running on an Athlon 600. Basically everything about the system is standard except for what's been updated by RedHat itself. If anyone who has the time and ability to track down this bug needs more information, please email me. Paul Miller wrote: > I'm not sure if this is a python bug or a bug in an associated > library, and I'm not even sure how to correctly report it, but here is > Anytime python is accepting keyboard input, whether it's with > raw_input, or sitting on the command line waiting for the user to type > code, you can crash python by holding ctrl+shift and then pressing > enter. > > This is on a RedHat 9.0 system running on an Athlon 600. Basically > everything about the system is standard except for what's been updated > by RedHat itself. If anyone who has the time and ability to track > down this bug needs more information, please email me. I doubt it is a problem in Python, it works nicely on both my windows and my linux machines (python 2.2.3). Just a gut feeling: reinstall/upgrade your readline library..... --Irme...

ANN: python-blosc 1.2.7 released #2
============================= Announcing python-blosc 1.2.7 ============================= What is new? ============ Updated to use c-blosc v1.6.1. Although that this supports AVX2, it is not enabled in python-blosc because we still need a way to devise how to detect AVX2 in the underlying platform. At any rate, c-blosc 1.6.1 fixed an important bug in the blosclz codec that a release was deemed important. For more info, you can have a look at the release notes in: https://github.com/Blosc/python-blosc/wiki/Release-notes More docs and examples are available in the docume...

Web resources about - [ANN] pyparsing 2.0.1 released - compatible with Python 2.6 and later - comp.lang.python.announce

List of Netflix compatible devices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevices , Stream Movies & TV Online, Watch Online Movies, Netflix Ready Device ^ Heater, Brian (July 14, ...

Are your names compatible?: love affinity calculator on the App Store on iTunes
Get Are your names compatible?: love affinity calculator on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Philips docks compatible with Apple's Lightning connector
Sets let you organize your photos on Flickr. Explore the 9 photos in this set.

Sony Xperia Z3+: Manual camera compatible! - YouTube
... hour with the Sony Xperia Z3+, we wanted to see if the new Sony flagship is capable of taking advantage of the manual camera APIs Google compatible ...

Budget surplus compatible with NDIS-Oppn

Good Game Stories - Backwards Compatible - The Power Glove
In the history of hair-brained game peripheral ideas there’s one that’s so bad it’s almost good - It’s the Nintendo Power Glove!

Sony's 4K movie streaming service compatible with PlayStation 4
Sony tries to destroy bandwidth caps everywhere with 100 GB downloads

Liberals Attack Kenney For Calling Irish Immigrants 'Culturally Compatible' In 2012 (VIDEO)
What did Employment Minister Jason Kenney mean when he said the Irish were culturally compatible with Canada? While in Dublin two years ago Kenney, ...

Asia-Pacific FTA compatible with multilateral trade systems: WTO
Asia-Pacific FTA compatible with multilateral trade systems: WTO People's Daily Online The director-general of the World Trade Organization ...

Swatch planning to introduce Android-compatible smartwatch and mobile payment service, CEO says
While Swatch certainly won't be partnering with Apple on the iPhone maker's upcoming Watch despite an ill-fated rumor that surfaced last year, ...