[Python-Dev] Python 2.6.6 release candidate 1 now available

--===============1831702267==--
0
Barry
8/4/2010 10:27:44 PM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Python 2.6.6 release candidate 1 now available
--Sig_/BP6JdNCCQK3G+AOKVHbUR2t Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello fellow Pythoneers and Pythonistas, The source tarballs and Windows installers for the first (and hopefully onl= y) Python 2.6.6 release candidate is now available: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/ As usual, we would love it if you could download, install, and test these w= ith your favorite projects and environments. A truly impressive number of bug have been fixed since Python 2.6.5, with the full NEWS file available here: http://www.python.or...

Python 2.6.6 release candidate 2 now available.
--Sig_/PKNvWqaBpeuTGYhtjU=bb5A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello fellow Python enthusiasts, The source tarballs and Windows installers for the second (and hopefully la= st) Python 2.6.6 release candidate is now available: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/ We've had a handful of important fixes since rc1, and of course a huge numb= er of bugs have been fixed since 2.6.5, with the full NEWS file available here: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/NEWS.txt We would love it if you can download, inst...

Python 2.6.5 release candidate 1 now available
--Sig_/VgV7QzfN/CUr9g+PIrP0Cqb Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone, The source tarballs and Windows installer for Python 2.6.5 release candidat= e 1 are now available: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.5/ Please download them, install them, and try to use them with your favorite projects and environments. If no regressions are found, we will do the fin= al release on Monday March 15, 2010. Please test the release candidate as much as possible in the meantime, and help make 2.6.5 a rock solid release! Thanks, -Ba...

Python 2.6.7 release candidate 2 now available
--Sig_/U+ROXOmkdHpd4_TloOVnfAO Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello to all you Pythoneers and Pythonistas, I'm happy to announce the availability of Python 2.6.7 release candidate 2. Release candidate 1 was not widely announced due to a mismatch between the Mercurial and Subversion branches. Barring any unforeseen issues, this will be the last release candidate before 2.6.7 final, which is currently schedu= led for June 3, 2011. As previously announced, Python 2.6 is in security-fix only mode. This mea= ns that general bug fix ma...

Python 2.6.5 release candidate 2 now available
--Sig_/IM/dS24DbYMf+BEDwsg+vOo Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everyone, The source tarballs and Windows installer for Python 2.6.5 release candidat= e 2 are now available: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.5/ As usual, please download, install, and test them with your favorite projec= ts and environments. A number of regressions and build problems on OS X have been fixed since rc1, and I'm really hoping we will not have to do an rc3. I'm currently planning on releasing 2.6.5 final on March 19, 2010. Enjoy, -Barr...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.6, Python 3.3.6

Released: Python 2.6.9 release candidate 1
Hello Pythoneers and Pythonistas, I'm happy to announce the availability of Python 2.6.9 release candidate 1. Python 2.6.9rc1 is a security-fix source-only release for Python 2.6. This means that general bug maintenance has ended, and only critical security issues are being fixed. It also means that no installers for Windows or Mac OS X will be provided. The last binary release of Python 2.6 was 2.6.6. Python 2.6.9 final is currently scheduled for Monday, October 28, 2013. Five years after the original release of Python 2.6, the 2.6.9 final release will be the last release of the Python 2.6 series. After this, all official maintenance of any kind for Python 2.6 will cease and the series will be retired. For ongoing maintenance, please see Python 2.7. Since 2.6.9 will be the last Python 2.6 release ever, I ask that you please download Python 2.6.9rc1, build it on your favorite platforms, and test it with your favorite code. You can report bugs to the Python bug tracker: http://bugs.python.org The source can be download from: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.9/ You can also see what's changed since Python 2.6.8: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.9/NEWS.txt Many thanks go out to the entire Python community for their contributions and help in making Python 2.6.9 available, especially Jyrki Pulliainen for his patch contributions. Enjoy, -Barry (on behalf of the Python development commun...

Released: Python 2.6.9 release candidate 1
--Sig_/j1+_Hi8Q_zjDXa2=0vdH44P Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Pythoneers and Pythonistas, I'm happy to announce the availability of Python 2.6.9 release candidate 1. Python 2.6.9rc1 is a security-fix source-only release for Python 2.6. This means that general bug maintenance has ended, and only critical security issues are being fixed. It also means that no installers for Windows or Mac OS X will be provided. The last binary release of Python 2.6 was 2.6.6. Python 2.6.9 final is currently scheduled for Monday...

RELEASED Python 2.3.6, release candidate 1
--nextPart2415488.O9P4io7Ybp Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm announcing the release of Python 2.3.6 (release candidate 1). Python 2.3.6 is a security bug-fix release. While Python 2.5 is the latest version of Python, we're making this release for people who are still running Python 2.3. Unlike the recently released 2.4.4, this release only contains a small handful of security-related bugfixes. See the website for more. * Python 2.3.6 contains a fix for PSF-2006-001, a buffer overrun * in repr() of unicode strings in wide unicode (UCS-4) builds. * See http://www.python.org/news/security/PSF-2006-001/ for more. This is a **source only** release. The Windows and Mac binaries of 2.3.5 were built with UCS-2 unicode, and are therefore not vulnerable to the problem outlined in PSF-2006-001. The PCRE fix is for a long-deprecated module (you should use the 're' module instead) and the email fix can be obtained by downloading the standalone version of the email package. Most vendors who ship Python should have already released a patched version of 2.3.5 with the above fixes, this release is for people who need or want to build their own release, but don't want to mess around with patch or svn. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.3.6...

[RELEASE] Python 2.7.6 release candidate 1
I'm happy to announce the availability of Python 2.7.6 release candidate 1. Most importantly, this release candidate resolves crashes of the interactive interpreter on OS X 10.9. It also includes the usual collection of bugfixes over 2.7.5. These are described in excruciating detail in the Misc/NEWS file of the source tarball. You can view it online at http://hg.python.org/cpython/raw-file/9750acbf7c40/Misc/NEWS Downloads are at http://python.org/download/releases/2.7.6/ As always, please test the release and report bugs to http://bugs.python.org/ With any luck, the final release will follow in a week. Enjoy, Benjamin Peterson 2.7 Release Manager ...

[...]

Problem installing matplotlib 1.3.1 with Python 2.7.6 and 3.3.3 (release candidate 1)
Hello, I tried to install matplotlib 1.3.1 on the release candidates of Python 2.7.6 and 3.3.3. I am on Mac OS X 10.6.8. Although the installation gave no problems, there is a problem with Tcl/Tk. The new Pythons have their own embedded Tcl/Tk, but when installing matplotlib it links to the Frameworks version of Tcl and TK, not to the embedded version. This causes confusion when importing matplotlib.pyplot: objc[70648]: Class TKApplication is implemented in both /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/libtk8.5.dylib and /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/Tk....

[ANN] Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release candidates of Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3. 2.5.3 is the last bug fix release of Python 2.5. Future 2.5.x releases will only include security fixes. According to the release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter, and improving its portability. 2.4.6 includes only a small number of security fixes. Python 2.6 is the latest version of Python, we're making this release for people who are still running Pyt...

[ANN] Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release candidates of Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3. 2.5.3 is the last bug fix release of Python 2.5. Future 2.5.x releases will only include security fixes. According to the release notes, over 100 bugs and patches have been addressed since Python 2.5.1, many of them improving the stability of the interpreter, and improving its portability. 2.4.6 includes only a small number of security fixes. Python 2.6 is the latest version of Python, we're making this release for people who are still running Python 2.4. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of bugs fixed; most of them prevent interpreter crashes (and now cause proper Python exceptions in cases where the interpreter may have crashed before). Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.6 and 2.5.3, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.4.6 http://www.python.org/2.5.3 Highlights of the previous major Python releases are available from the Python 2.5 page, at http://www.python.org/2.4/highlights.html http://www.python.org/2.5/highlights.html Enjoy this release, Martin Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de Python Release ...

Released: Python 2.6.6
--Sig_/qxn_eLWEae16XJ0T1MzzZMX Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello fellow Pythoneers and Pythonistas, I'm very happy to announce the release of Python 2.6.6. A truly impressive number of bugs have been fixed since Python 2.6.5. Source code and Windows installers for Python 2.6.6 are now available here: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/ The full details of everything that's changed is available in the NEWS file: http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/NEWS.txt Python 2.6.6 marks the end of regula...

Web resources about - [Python-Dev] Python 2.6.6 release candidate 1 now available - comp.lang.python.announce