Enjoy!

--
Georg Brandl, Release Manager
georg at python.org
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 3.2's contributors)
0
Georg
7/4/2011 5:48:50 PM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 rc 1 and Python 3.3.1 rc 1

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add randomization to the hashing of Python's string types (bytes/str in Python 3 and str/unicode in Python 2), datetime.date, and datetime.datetime. This prevents an attacker from computing colliding keys of these types without access to the Python process. Hash randomization causes the iteration order of dicts and sets to be unpredictable and differ across Python runs. Python has never guaranteed iteration order of keys in a dict or set,...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times a...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add rando...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.5 and Python 3.3.2

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.5 and Python 3.3.2

AIX + GCC 2.95.3 - Python (2.1 or 2.2) - building the shared library (.so) for python
Hi all, (If I use standard -shared linking, during the _import python is crashing.) As seen in in AIX-NOTES there should be used ld_so_aix. But I suspect that it was prepared for standard xlC (CC) compiler. How to make it running for GCC compiler? Now I receive following error: gcc -Wl,-einitlib.a -Wl,-bE:lib.a.exp -Wl,-bI:./python.exp -Wl,-bhalt:4 -Wl,-bM: SRE -Wl,-T512 -Wl,-H512 -lm -o lib.a. -shared -Wl,-bbigtoc -L../../../../lib/pow erpc_aix_4.3_gcc -L/users/tbech/ND/Python/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config python. exp y.tab.o lex.yy.o idlerr.o idlutil.o idltype.o idlrepoId.o idlscope.o idlexpr ..o idlast.o idlvalidate.o idldump.o idlconfig.o idlfixed.o idlpython.o ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file lib.a.exp at line 10: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignored. When I remove this line 10 from lib.a.exp it is telling that several Py* functions are not exported and that entry point initlib.a not found. Additional questions: 1. Why is such nonuderstandable-ultimate-tricky solution prepared for AIX? 2. Does it work only for xlC (CC) or also for GCC? If, how to do it? 3. What is the entry point function? How I can find it in the sources? 4. Seems that makexp_aix wrongly makes exports :( Thanks in advance, Tom hab <hab@polbox.com> writes: > (If I use standard -shared linking, during the _import python is crashing.) > As seen in in AIX-NOTES there should be used ld_so_aix...

Blender 2.34 and Python 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
If you can run python scripts in blender 2.3x, I'll be glad to know which versions did you install. Checking at blender.org, I found that blender 2.34 is built with python 2.3. However, I don't want to perform an installation of python 2.3 if I'm not sure that it fixes my problem (I found some people saying that this problem is fixed by downgrading from python 2.3 to 2.2, and also the freeware.sgi.com python is still at 2.1.1, so I've no idea on the best option). Before playing with a custom installation of python, I'm posting the problem here with the hope that somebody experienced it and knows the solution). Here it goes: After installing Python 2.1.1 from freeware.sgi.com, setting PYTHONHOME to /usr/freeware, and installing the officially precompiled Blender 2.34, I still get this warning at Blender startup: 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback sys_init:warning - no sitedirs added from site module. Then, when I try to run the python script, I get an error stating "ImportError: No module named os". And, btw, it always dumps core with segmentation fault when I quit Blender (it doesn't matter if I tried to run the python script or not, it still dumps core if I just start blender and quit it immediatly without doing anything). cesar wrote: > If you can run python scripts in blender 2.3x, I'll be glad to know > which versions did you install. > > Checking at blender.org, I f...

urlopen differences between python 2.3.3 and python 2.2???
I am using the code below and it works correctly on python2.2 but gives me a 404 not found error when running on python2.3.3. Is there some difference? Maybe python 2.3.3 is sending different headers? The params string looks to be encoded identically, so must be something with urlopen. Does anyone have any suggestions to get this working from python2.3.3?? Thanks in advance! import httplib,urllib def signup(self, REQUEST): """ Allows us to automatically sign-up a user. """ email = REQUEST['Email'] first_name = REQUEST['First...

RELEASED Python 2.3.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.3.2 is a bug-fix release, to repair a couple of build problems and packaging errors in Python 2.3.1. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.3.2 will follow later this week. For more information on Python 2.3.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.3.2 Highlights of this new release include: - A bug in autoconf that broke buildin...

RELEASED Python 2.3.2, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.3.2 (release candidate 1). Python 2.3.2 is a bug-fix release, to repair a couple of build problems and packaging errors in Python 2.3.1. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.3.2 will follow later this week. For more information on Python 2.3.2, including download links for various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see: http://www.python.org/2.3.2 Highlights of this new release include: - A bug in autoconf tha...

Re: pymozilla ([Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (release candidate 1)
[Brad Clements wrote] >I'd like to find out more about pymozilla.. It sounds very interesting pymozilla is is a proprietary application so I can't share the code. It's a modified python.exe with builtin Browser module - Python wrapped Gecko engine. Custom nsIProtocolHandler and zip-file-system Python module is used to get and load files(html,xml,css,images,Python code) from zip and to resolve and process all ".py" links and html forms. It's pretty like CGI, but no server is required. The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without installing anything (Mozilla/Python) Wiktor On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski" <art@wiktorsadowski.com> wrote: >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without >installing anything (Mozilla/Python) I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite. -- JZ JZ <jroznfgre@jngpugbjreQBGbet.cy> writes: > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski" > <art@wiktorsadowski.com> wrote: > > >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without > >installing anything (Mozilla/Python) > > I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite. What's the problem? Does Python not like having nowhere to save .pyc files? John "John J. Lee" wrote: > > JZ <jroznfgre@jngpugbjreQBGbet.cy> writes: > > > ...

[RELEASED] Python 3.1.3 release candidate 1 #2
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm gladsome to announce a release candidate of the third bugfix release for the Python 3.1 series, Python 3.1.3. This bug fix release fixes numerous issues found in 3.1.2. Please try it with your packages and report any bugs you find. The final of 3.1.3 is scheduled to be released in two weeks. The Python 3.1 version series focuses on the stabilization and optimization of the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced. For example, the new I/O system has been rewritten in C for speed. File system APIs that use unicode strings ...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.1 rc 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I am pleased to announce the first release candidate of Python 3.2.1. Python 3.2.1 will the first bugfix release for Python 3.2, fixing over 120 bugs and regressions in Python 3.2. For an extensive list of changes and features in the 3.2 line, see http://docs.python.org/3.2/whatsnew/3.2.html To download Python 3.2.1 visit: http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.1/ This is a testing release: Please consider trying Python 3.2.1 with your code and reporting any bugs you may notice to: http://bugs.python.org/ Enjoy! -- Georg Bra...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.1 rc 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I am pleased to announce the first release candidate of Python 3.2.1. Python 3.2.1 will the first bugfix release for Python 3.2, fixing over 120 bugs and regressions in Python 3.2. For an extensive list of changes and features in the 3.2 line, see http://docs.python.org/3.2/whatsnew/3.2.html To download Python 3.2.1 visit: http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.2.1/ This is a testing release: Please consider trying Python 3.2.1 with your code and reporting any bugs you may notice to: http://bugs.python.org/ Enjoy! -- Georg Brandl, Release Manager georg at python.org (on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 3.2's contributors) ...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2 rc 2

[RELEASED] Python 3.2 rc 2

RE: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 #2
> >WINDOWS >... Windows users may also be >interested in Mark Hammond's win32all, a collection of >Windows-specific extensions including COM support and Pythonwin, an >IDE built using Windows components. > PS... I have moral and ethical arguments against this. I believe it's = just plain WRONG to use a language like Python or Java or even C#/.NET = and RELY on platform specific "extensions". If it ain't cross platform, then it's VB. $.02/MHO Hornberger, Chris wrote: >>WINDOWS >>... Windows users may also be >>interested in ...

Web resources about - [RELEASED] Python 3.2.1 rc 2 - comp.lang.python.announce

Lists of films released by Disney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Independent Horror Movie To Be Released Via Facebook Game?
There are movies , and there are Facebook games , and there are even Facebook games based on movies . And now, thanks to Cardiff, U.K.-based ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

How is the Facebook Redesign Affecting Social Games? October Gaming Charts Released
... attention now to social games. How has the Facebook redesign affected the top game developers on Facebook? Inside Social Games has just released ...

faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search ...
faroo_p2p: 1000x Faster Spelling Correction: Source Code released http://t.co/oY18ohyd #faroo #search #algorithm

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Lil Wayne Released From Hospital After Sizzurp Overdose - ENTV
Lil Wayne has just been released from the hospital just days after Overdosing on Sizzurp or Texas Tea. He was put into a medically induced coma ...

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Mark DeFriest: Prison escape artist ‘Houdini’ could be released
“IF I was a rapist or murderer they would let me out. But I’m the idiot who made them look like idiots.”

400,000 Western School Prawns released into the Swan and Canning rivers
A total of 400,000 Western School Prawns were released into the Swan and Canning rivers on Tuesday afternoon, bumping up the number of prawns ...