[RELEASED] Python 3.2.5 and Python 3.3.2

0
Georg
5/16/2013 5:20:30 AM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add randomization to the hashing of Python's string types (bytes/str in Python 3 and str/unicode in Python 2), datetime.date, and datetime.datetime. This prevents an attacker from computing colliding keys of these types without access to the Python process. Hash randomization causes the iteration order of dicts and sets to be unpredictable and differ across Python runs. Python has never guaranteed iteration order of keys in a dict or set,...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times a...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times and denials of service. [1] Python dict and set types use hash tables to provide amortized constant time operations. Hash tables require a well-distributed hash function to spread data evenly across the hash table. The security issue is that an attacker could compute thousands of keys with colliding hashes; this causes quadratic algorithmic complexity when the hash table is constructed. To alleviate the problem, the new releases add rando...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

python-2.7.3 vs python-3.2.3
Greetings; I have need of using a script written for python3, but the default python on wheezy is 2.7.3. I see in the wheezy repos that 3.2.3-6 is available. Can/will they co-exist peacefully? Thank you. Cheers, Gene Heskett -- "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." -Ed Howdershelt (Author) Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene> On 26/01/16 13:26, Gene Heskett wrote: > Greetings; > > I have need of using a script written for python3, but the default pytho...

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 and Python 3.3.1

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.6rc1, Python 3.3.6rc1

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 rc 1 and Python 3.3.1 rc 1

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.3 release candidate 2

python 2.5.2 or Python 2.6 compilation problem on AIX 5.3
Hello: I am trying to compile Python 2.5.2 on AIX 5.3 with gcc 4.2.3. I am getting following error. (I also tried Python 2.6 with same error) creating build/temp.aix-5.3-2.5/share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2/ Modules gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall - Wstrict-prototypes -I. -I/share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2/./Include - I. -IInclude -I./Include -I/usr/local/include -I/share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/ Python-2.5.2/Include -I/share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2 -c /share/ tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2/Modules/_struct.c -o build/temp.aix-5.3-2.5/ share/tmhsdsd2/tmp/Python-2.5.2/Modules/_...

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.5 release candidate 2

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.5 release candidate 2

Re: pymozilla ([Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (release candidate 1)
[Brad Clements wrote] >I'd like to find out more about pymozilla.. It sounds very interesting pymozilla is is a proprietary application so I can't share the code. It's a modified python.exe with builtin Browser module - Python wrapped Gecko engine. Custom nsIProtocolHandler and zip-file-system Python module is used to get and load files(html,xml,css,images,Python code) from zip and to resolve and process all ".py" links and html forms. It's pretty like CGI, but no server is required. The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without installing anything (Mozilla/Python) Wiktor On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski" <art@wiktorsadowski.com> wrote: >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without >installing anything (Mozilla/Python) I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite. -- JZ JZ <jroznfgre@jngpugbjreQBGbet.cy> writes: > On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:30:53 +0100, "Wiktor Sadowski" > <art@wiktorsadowski.com> wrote: > > >The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without > >installing anything (Mozilla/Python) > > I had the same problem. I solved it using Webware and SQLite. What's the problem? Does Python not like having nowhere to save .pyc files? John "John J. Lee" wrote: > > JZ <jroznfgre@jngpugbjreQBGbet.cy> writes: > > > ...

Serious trouble with https (Python 2.2.3 & 2.3.3), How to check for working ssl?
Some people tipped me off on some possibilities to tackle my https problem. Those have definitely gotten me further in cornering the problem. Thank you. But: No matter what I do to open a webconnection with httpS I always get something in this Area: urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error unknown url type: https> With both versions of Python mentioned above. My strong suspicion is that the socket stuff (dunno exact libname right now...) is compiled without ssl support. What I would like to know now is following: 1) What is the default setting for the compilation of the original Pyth...

re.compile missing in python 2.3.3/2.3.4???
Hi, I just installed a fresh copy of python 2.3.3 and python 2.3.4 and everytime a there's a call to re.compile, it says: Traceback (most recent call last): File "setup.py", line 76, in ? from distutils.core import setup File "/usr/lib/python2.2/distutils/core.py", line 16, in ? from distutils.util import grok_environment_error File "/usr/lib/python2.2/distutils/util.py", line 207, in ? _wordchars_re = re.compile(r'[^\\\'\"%s ]*' % string.whitespace) AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'compil...

set_process_affinity_mask problem
For a couple of months, I've been successfully using the Python set_process_affinity_mask wrapper from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/affinity/0.1.0 Now I've upgraded from Ubuntu 8.04 to Ubuntu 8.10 (from gcc 4.2.3 to gcc 4.3.2) and set_process_affinity_mask seems to fail on the x86 Ubuntu install. It still works fine, after upgrade, on the x64 Ubuntu install. I've tried re-installing Python, and the affinity package, and gcc, and glibc, and ... without getting it to work. Specifically, I have a function def setAffinity(): if affinitymask: ...