[RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 2 is now available

On behalf of the Python development team, I'm delighted to announce
the second and final release candidate of Python 3.4.

This is a preview release, and its use is not recommended for
production settings.

Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including
hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes.  Major new features and
changes in the 3.4 release series include:

* PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths
* PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module
* PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspection
            information for builtins
* PEP 442, improved semantics for object finalization
* PEP 443, adding single-dispatch generic functions to the standard library
* PEP 445, a new C API for implementing custom memory allocators
* PEP 446, changing file descriptors to not be inherited by default
            in subprocesses
* PEP 450, a new "statistics" module
* PEP 451, standardizing module metadata for Python's module import system
* PEP 453, a bundled installer for the *pip* package manager
* PEP 454, a new "tracemalloc" module for tracing Python memory allocations
* PEP 456, a new hash algorithm for Python strings and binary data
* PEP 3154, a new and improved protocol for pickled objects
* PEP 3156, a new "asyncio" module, a new framework for asynchronous I/O

Python 3.4 is now in "feature freeze", meaning that no new features will be
added.  The final release is projected for mid-March 2014.

The python.org web site has recently been updated to something
completely new, and I'm having some difficulty updating it.  For now
I've made Python 3.4.0rc2 available on the legacy web site:

     http://legacy.python.org/download/releases/3.4.0/

Once I can update the new web site, Python 3.4.0rc2 will be available here:

    http://python.org/download/releases/

(I'm not sure what the final URL will be, but you'll see it listed on
that page.)

Please consider trying Python 3.4.0rc2 with your code and reporting any
new issues you notice to:

      http://bugs.python.org/

Enjoy!

--
Larry Hastings, Release Manager
larry at hastings.org
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 3.4's contributors)
0
Larry
2/24/2014 4:01:20 AM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

[RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 3
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm pleased to announce the third and final** release candidate of Python 3.4. This is a preview release, and its use is not recommended for production settings. Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes. Major new features and changes in the 3.4 release series include: * PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths * PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module * PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate...

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.0 release candidate 2

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.0 release candidate 2

[RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 3
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm pleased to announce the third and final** release candidate of Python 3.4. This is a preview release, and its use is not recommended for production settings. Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes. Major new features and changes in the 3.4 release series include: * PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths * PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module * PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation times a...

[RELEASED] Release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3 . The main impetus for these releases is fixing a security issue in Python's hash based types, dict and set, as described below. Python 2.7.3 and 3.2.3 include the security patch and the normal set of bug fixes. Since Python 2.6 and 3.1 are maintained only for security issues, 2.6.8 and 3.1.5 contain only various security patches. The security issue exploits Python's dict and set implementations. Carefully crafted input can lead to extremely long computation...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these releases is fi...

[RELEASED] Second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3
We're chuffed to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidates for Python 2.6.8, 2.7.3, 3.1.5, and 3.2.3. The only change from the first release candidates is the patching of an additional security hole. The security issue fixed in the second release candidates is in the expat XML parsing library. expat had the same hash security issue detailed below as Python's core types. The hashing algorithm used in the expat library is now randomized. A more thorough explanation of the "hash attack" security hole follows. The main impetus for these rele...

RE: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 #2
> >WINDOWS >... Windows users may also be >interested in Mark Hammond's win32all, a collection of >Windows-specific extensions including COM support and Pythonwin, an >IDE built using Windows components. > PS... I have moral and ethical arguments against this. I believe it's = just plain WRONG to use a language like Python or Java or even C#/.NET = and RELY on platform specific "extensions". If it ain't cross platform, then it's VB. $.02/MHO Hornberger, Chris wrote: >>WINDOWS >>... Windows users may also be >>interested in ...

RE: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 #4
> -----Original Message----- > From: Erik Max Francis [mailto:max@alcyone.com]=20 > Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 2:39 PM > To: python-list@python.org > Subject: Re: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 >=20 >=20 > beliavsky@aol.com wrote: >=20 > > Thanks to the Python developers for their continuing work. > >=20 > > I wonder why the Linux installation needs to be more=20 > tedious than the=20 > > Windows counterpart. The problem is of course not specific=20 > to Python.=20 > > There are many Linux distributions, running on ...

RE: RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1 #3
""" What gives you the right to say this? *I'm offended.* Speaking of moral and ethics, there seem to be other things to care about, especially these days. Thomas """ Ok, so perhaps "moral" and "ethical" is slightly strong. Sheesh. Levity. Point being, if the developers of Python (and Perl and .... so on) spent = so much time and energy creating something cross platform, it should be = used thusly. I'm not saying it's "evil" not to do so, I'm saying that if = you NEED platform-specific tools (which, let's be h...

Re: pymozilla ([Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.3 (release candidate 1)
[Brad Clements wrote] >I'd like to find out more about pymozilla.. It sounds very interesting pymozilla is is a proprietary application so I can't share the code. It's a modified python.exe with builtin Browser module - Python wrapped Gecko engine. Custom nsIProtocolHandler and zip-file-system Python module is used to get and load files(html,xml,css,images,Python code) from zip and to resolve and process all ".py" links and html forms. It's pretty like CGI, but no server is required. The main problem was to have it run from CD (client requirement) without installi...

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.0 release candidate 3

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.0 release candidate 3

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.3 release candidate 2

[RELEASED] Python 3.3.3 release candidate 2

RELEASED Python 2.4.3, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.3 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.3 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 50 bugs squished in this release, including a number found by the Coverity Scan project. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.3 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.3, including download links for various p...

[RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm delighted to announce the first release candidate of Python 3.4. This is a preview release, and its use is not recommended for production settings. Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes. Major new features and changes in the 3.4 release series include: * PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths * PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module * PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspecti...

[RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm delighted to announce the first release candidate of Python 3.4. This is a preview release, and its use is not recommended for production settings. Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes. Major new features and changes in the 3.4 release series include: * PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths * PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module * PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspecti...

RELEASED Python 2.4.3, release candidate 1
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.3 (release candidate 1). Python 2.4.3 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of the more than 50 bugs squished in this release, including a number found by the Coverity Scan project. Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.3 will follow in about a week's time. For more information on Python 2.4.3, including download links for various platforms, rele...

RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1

RELEASED Python 2.3.4, release candidate 1

[RELEASED] Python 3.2.4 and Python 3.3.1

Web resources about - [RELEASED] Python 3.4.0 release candidate 2 is now available - comp.lang.python.announce

Paper Aircraft Released Into Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at a location about 120 miles west of Madrid, Spain, a team of British space enthusiasts. On 13 September 2014, a group of cadets from Fox Valley ...

Firefox 17 Released, Complete With Social API, Facebook Messenger
The new Social API from Firefox is out of beta, as Mozilla released Firefox 17 , complete with the application-programming interface’s integration ...

Senator Reid has been released from the... - Senator Harry Reid - Facebook
Senator Reid has been released from the hospital and is back at home with his wife, Landra. As previously stated, he went to the hospital as ...

Facebook suggests upcoming events and recently released albums in News Feed
Some Facebook users are seeing stories about upcoming events and recently released albums in their News Feeds, we’ve found. The new stories ...

Search Twitter - Released
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Search Refresh Jakob Delgado ...

→ 5by5 Radio app released
Nice app to listen to our shows live, and buying it is a great way to support 5by5. We discussed its features and design decisions in the last ...

Video Released In Officer-Involved Shooting Of Homeless Man - YouTube
Monroe, LA - Prosecutors in Louisiana released a security video Thursday of the shooting a homeless man by a West Monroe police officer in December. ...

Men arrested in London attack on Emiratis released - The National
Metropolitan Police in the UK said the men will return on bail in June and be reinterviewed.

Baby Asha released from Lady Cilento Children's Hospital
Hospital releases asylum-seeker baby at centre of immigration storm.

Albert Woodfox of the 'Angola 3' released from prison after decades in solitary confinement
Albert Woodfox, who has spent nearly all of the past four decades in solitary confinement, was set free Friday as part of a plea deal with Louisiana ...