EuroSciPy - First Slides Online

Greetings,

The conference is just a bit more than two weeks
ahead.

I am happy to announce that the first slides are available.
They can be found at the conference page:

http://www.scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008

There is a link "slides" marked with an info icon just behind
the talk title.

Alternatively, all submitted slides are listed here:

http://www.scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008/Slides

Eventually all slides will be available there.

Conference Date and Venue
-------------------------
The EuroSciPy Conference will be held July 26-27, 2008
in Leipzig, Germany.

http://scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008

Registration
------------
The direct link to the registration site is here:

http://www.python-academy.com/euroscipy/index.html

The registration fee is 150.00� (no early registration
anymore).

Program
-------
The schedule of talks is available at:

http://scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008#schedule

Keynote
-------
The keynote speaker this year will be Travis Oliphant, the
primary author of the recent NumPy rewrite.

Pre-Conference Courses
----------------------
If you like to extend your trip to Leipzig, you can attend
pre-conference courses:

1.) 2-day course "Introductory to Python for Programmers"
     followed by a
2.) 3-day course "Python for Scientists and Engineers"

http://scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008#courses

About EuroSciPy
---------------
EuroSciPy is designed to complement the popular SciPy
Conferences which have been held for the last 7 years at
Caltech (the 2008 SciPy Conference in the U.S. will be held
the week of August 19-24). Similarly, the EuroSciPy Conference
provides a unique opportunity to learn and affect what is
happening in the realm of scientific computing with Python.
Attendees will have the opportunity to review the available
tools and how they apply to specific problems.
By providing a forum for developers to share their Python
expertise with the wider commercial, academic, and research
communities, this conference fosters collaboration and
facilitates the sharing of software components, techniques and
a vision for high level language use in scientific computing.
Typical presentations include general python use in the
sciences, as well as NumPy and SciPy usage for general problem
solving.  Beyond the excellent talks, there are inter-
session discussions that prove stimulating and helpful.
Registration will include breakfast, snacks and lunch for
Saturday and Sunday.

For those doing scientific computing using Python,
this is a conference you'll not want to miss.

Please pass this announcement along to any other relevant
contacts.

Many Thanks,
Mike M�ller

0
ISO
7/10/2008 7:26:41 PM
comp.lang.python.announce 7374 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Intro to Python slides, was Re: how to go on learning python
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Xavier Heruacles <xheruacles@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm basically a c/c++ programmer and recently come to python for some web > development. Using django and javascript I'm afraid I can develop some web > application now. But often I feel I'm not good at python. I don't know much > about generators, descriptors and decorators(although I can use some of it > to accomplish something, but I don't think I'm capable of knowing its > internals). I find my code ugly, and it seems near everything are already > gott...

Python-by-example
Hello, I find that I learn easier when I go from specific examples to a more general explanation of function's utility and I made a reference guide that will eventually document all functions, classes and methods in Python's Standard Library. For now, I covered about 20 most important modules. I will be adding more modules and eventually I'll cover everything. Here's my progress so far, let me know if this is useful; I'll be glad to hear comments/suggestions/etc: http://www.lightbird.net/py-by-example/ -- -ak Tobu | http://www.lightbird.net/tobu/ | Freeform DB...

RPy to be distributed via Python-Announce-List@Python.Org
RPy to be distributed via Python-Announce-List@Python.Org What is RPy? -------------------- RPy is a very simple, yet robust, Python (http://www.python.org) interface to the R environment for statistical data analysis and graphics (http://www.r-project.org). RPy can manages translation between python and R formats for all kinds of R objects and can execute arbitrary R functions (including the graphic functions). All errors from the R language are converted to proper Python exceptions. All module installed on the R system are available from Python. Consequently, RPy allows Python programmers to easily add advanced statistical functionality to Python programs. It allows R programmers the ability to use Python to control R computations and to interface them with other systems. Examples include RSOAP (http://rsoap.sf.net), RSessionDA (http://research.warnes.net/projects/rzope/rsessionda), and RStatServer (http://rstatserver.sf.net). These products, which make heavy use of RPy have been used in a production environments for two years. New features in 0.4.0 ------------------------------- o Now works with R 2.0.0 o R header files for R 1.8.0 through R 2.0.0 are now included with rpy. This should make it easier to build. o All reported bugs have been fixed. For more information visit the RPy home page at http://rpy.sf.net, or the RPy SourceForge project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/rpy. __...

python is a python
python is a python ...

Final Fantasy XIV Online (FF14 Online) Announced. Exclusive For PS3
Never saw that one coming. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/989/989495p1.html E3 2009: Final Fantasy XIV Online Coming to PS3 and PC New Final Fantasy MMORPG to release in 2010. First details inside. by Michael Thomsen June 2, 2009 - Square Enix has revealed a new Final Fantasy MMORPG is on the way. First announced during Sony's E3 2009 Media Briefing, Final Fantasy XIV Online will have a simultaneous worldwide release in 2010. Little is know about the title but Chocobos are confirmed for the game. Check back with IGN later this week for more details on Final Fantasy XIV Online of...

[Announce] Python-Future v0.13; cheatsheet for Python 2/3 compatible code
--Apple-Mail=_3B3816E1-285A-4A04-9E47-C98099909A84 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 Hi all, I am happy to announce an update to Python-Future for Python 2/3 = compatibility and a new cheat-sheet for writing code compatible with = both versions. Here=92s the "What=92s New" page for v0.13: http://python-future.org/whatsnew.html Here=92s the Py2/3 compatibility cheat-sheet: http://python-future.org/compatible_idioms.html or as a PDF: http://python-future.org/compatible_idioms.pdf The c...

mutt-announce@mutt.org: Non-member submission from python-list@python.org

mutt-announce@mutt.org: Non-member submission from <python-list@python.org>

mutt-announce@mutt.org: Non-member submission from <python-list@python.org> #2

RE: Anyone know anything named DX? (was Re: Announcing PyCs)(was:Announcing PyCs, a new Python-like language on .Net)
Mark Hahn wrote: > On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 23:07:03 -0700, Erik Max Francis wrote: >=20 > > Did Google stop working suddenly? >=20 > I googled at length and missed Data Explorer for "dx". It=20 > came in way too far down in the list, even when I added > "software" and/or "language". You also would have missed Microsoft's biggest use of DX, a shortcut for DirectX. Lots of the DirectX projects received short names like "dxmedia" and "dxsound". FuManChu ...

EuroSciPy
Greetings, I'm pleased to announce that the program for the first-annual EuroSciPy Conference is now available at: http://scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008#schedule Conference Date and Venue ------------------------- The EuroSciPy Conference will be held July 26-27, 2008 in Leipzig, Germany. http://scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008 Registration ------------ The direct link to the registration site is here: http://www.python-academy.com/euroscipy/index.html The registration fee is 100.00� for early registrants and will increase to 150.00� for late registration (after June 15). Pre-Conference Courses ---------------------- If you like to extend your trip to Leipzig, you can attend pre-conference courses: 1.) 2-day course "Introductory to Python for Programmers" followed by a 2.) 3-day course "Python for Scientists and Engineers" http://scipy.org/EuroSciPy2008#courses About EuroSciPy --------------- EuroSciPy is designed to complement the popular SciPy Conferences which have been held for the last 7 years at Caltech (the 2008 SciPy Conference in the U.S. will be held the week of August 19-24). Similarly, the EuroSciPy Conference provides a unique opportunity to learn and affect what is happening in the realm of scientific computing with Python. Attendees will have the opportunity to review the available tools and how they apply to specific problems. By providing a forum for developers to share their Python ...

Python Online Training
Python Online Training Retors Lernen Labs is one of the leading IT training Institutions for Pytho= n Online Training in across all countries like USA, UK, Singapore, UAE, Au= stralia, Europe, Japan, China, Sweden, and India. Retors Lernen Labs offers= Python Online Training Our trainers for PeopleSoft CRM are well experience= d and highly talented in their Respective field. Our team trainer's experti= se in each phase of the eLearning modules. Our online training is one of th= e best online training in India For any technology. Online training is your= one stop & Best s...

Announcing python-libarchive.
Python-libarchive is a wrapper around the excellent libarchive library. It allows you to work with many different archive formats using a single API. http://code.google.com/p/python-libarchive/ Python-libarchive is a SWIG wrapper around the library as well as some high-level Python classes to make usage easier. There are also compatibility modules for zipfile and tarfile. These modules use libarchive to deal with the archive files, but provide an interface as similar as possible to the stdlib versions. The library is usable, but by no means complete. This library was written against libarchive 3.0.X and will not work with libarchive 2. Some instructions on installing libarchive and python-libarchive are available in the Wiki. http://code.google.com/p/python-libarchive/wiki/Building There is a Google Group for feedback. http://groups.google.com/group/python-libarchive-users Thank you! ...

Python certification announcement
High-Level Certifications would like to announce its programming language certification in Python. This certification seeks to provide the Python community with an up-to-date, platform-neutral, vendor-neutral certification administered in a secure proctored environment. As Python's popularity continues to grow, High-Level Certifications' Python cert provides a way for Python programmers to prove their proficiency at this powerful language. The exams take a "pure programming" approach to Python, emphasizing a thorough understanding of the most important elements of the language. Please visit www.high-levelcert.com to find information on exam topics, benefits, registration, practice exams and other learning resources. ...

Python Online Trainings
Hi, We are offering Python online trainings. Python Programming with the Data science/Analytics related modules such as :Numpy :Scipy :Scikit_learn Interested please mail to datasciencecourse@gmail.com Regards, DST ...

python and s-lang

Online Python Channel

best .lang. python
Any ideas on what to do? Stop attempting to negotiate. Contact your state insurance commission. Be prepared to divulge the name of your insurer. Keep detailed records of all your contacts. ----- - gpsman website--> http://www.win2job.info/ ...

python online training
python online training enrollmytraining Our trainer from Top MNC's with highly skilled domain expe= rtise will training and guide you each and every topic related to Python On= line Training with Real Time training. So you can learn more subject on you= r selected topics. We have completed more 50 batches on Python Online Tra= ining through online. You take the training for flexible time.We provide th= e interview questions. Mail Us: info@enrollmytraining.com Call Us:+91-9705981289,Skype id: enrollmy.training http://www.enrollmytraining.com/python-online-training/ pyt...

Python Online Training in India
Python Online Training Retors Lernen Labs is one of the leading IT training Institutions for Pytho= n Online Training in across all countries like USA, UK, Singapore, UAE, Au= stralia, Europe, Japan, China, Sweden, and India. Retors Lernen Labs offers= Python Online Training Our trainers for PeopleSoft CRM are well experience= d and highly talented in their Respective field. Our team trainer's experti= se in each phase of the eLearning modules. Our online training is one of th= e best online training in India For any technology. Online training is your= one stop & Best sol...

Python Online Training #3
Python Online Training Retors Lernen Labs is one of the leading IT training Institutions for Pytho= n Online Training in across all countries like USA, UK, Singapore, UAE, Au= stralia, Europe, Japan, China, Sweden, and India. Retors Lernen Labs offers= Python Online Training Our trainers for PeopleSoft CRM are well experience= d and highly talented in their Respective field. Our team trainer's experti= se in each phase of the eLearning modules. Our online training is one of th= e best online training in India For any technology. Online training is your= one stop & Best sol...

python online training in Hyderabad
python online training in Hyderabad Training by experienced faculty members. Flexible Schedule. Continuous support. Help in resume preparation. Mock Interviews. Interview Guidance. Mail Us: info@enrollmytraining.com Call Us:+91-9705981289 Skype id: enrollmy.training http://www.enrollmytraining.com/python-online-training/ python online training in Hyderabad ...

Python online training in USA
Python online training in USA Training by experienced faculty members. Flexible Schedule. Continuous support. Help in resume preparation. Mock Interviews. Interview Guidance. Mail Us: info@enrollmytraining.com Call Us:+91-9705981289 Skype id: enrollmy.training http://www.enrollmytraining.com/python-online-training/ python online training in USA ...

Sony Online Entertainment Announcement
Sony Online Entertainment has made the following announcement to all subscribers and new interested people: "Hello All, It's been a few months in the making but finally... it is my great pleasure to make the following announcement: Starting June 26th, the Station Pass games, Infantry, Cosmic Rift, and Tanarus, will be completely free. Yes, 100% (no money needed, no small print, no exceptions, etc) free! In order to make this transition, as of May 26th, billing will be turned off to prevent anyone else from subscribing and to allow everyone's paid time to be completed. Since so...

Python Online Programming Contest
Hi Friends, Department of Information Technology, Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University, India is conducting a technical symposium, Samhita. As a part of samhita, an Online Programming Contest is scheduled on Sunday, 27 Feb 2005. This is the first Online Programming Contest in India to support Python !!!!. Other languages supported are C and C++. For Registration and Rules of the contest, http://www.samhita.info/opc For details about samhita http://www.samhita.info/ Regards, -Online Programming Contest team Hi, The results of OPC (online programming contest) is out. The statisti...

Web resources about - EuroSciPy - First Slides Online - comp.lang.python.announce

Python data tools just keep getting better
... I had during the just concluded PyData conference1. The Python data community is well-organized: Besides conferences (PyData, SciPy, EuroSciPy), ...

NeuroDebian Projects — Debian Neuroscience Package Repository
Debian Home Software Data VM Contribute Derived Blog FAQ Navigation next previous - Comments - NeuroDebian Projects ¶ We share a lot of common ...

Projects - HPU4Science
... Welcome Projects Publications The Team The cluster Sitemap Welcome Gallery Job opportunities Publications The Team Events EuroPython 2011 Euroscipy ...

Learning Julia
julia - source - downloads - docs - packages - blog - community - learning - teaching - publications - juliacon JuliaCon 2015 June 24 th - 28 ...